Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Did it sound like he was chain smoking and polishing off a fifth of Jack during the call? That'd probably be the only I could get through making those calls all day, and I don't like either of those things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

whypick1 posted:

Did it sound like he was chain smoking and polishing off a fifth of Jack during the call? That'd probably be the only I could get through making those calls all day, and I don't like either of those things.

No, it sounded like a bright eyed early 20s female "social media representative" who knew nothing about MLS or soccer so I'm assuming she posts in this thread.

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Ceterum autem censeo mundum esse delendam

Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris
pls stop doxxing me

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Shrapnig posted:

No, it sounded like a bright eyed early 20s female "social media representative" who knew nothing about MLS or soccer so I'm assuming she posts in this thread.

I kept getting e-mails about the Patriots because I went to one Revs game

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Shrapnig posted:

A representative from the Union called me today to ask about my "Union experience"

That was a fun conversation.

I like the four hour minimums and livable wages.

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob
Supposedly DC United majority owner Erick Thohir is named in the Panama Papers, so that's fun.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

guppy posted:

Supposedly DC United majority owner Erick Thohir is named in the Panama Papers, so that's fun.

wow this guy also owns the sixers and inter and he's running all of these teams into the ground

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

guppy posted:

Between this and the smoke fiasco, they're not having a very good week.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

His dad and another relative are also in the Panama Papers. As I have said a dozen times, his family got rich stealing natural resources from Indonesia. Also, he is apparently trying to buy West Brom and run them into the ground.

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

Anyone else have the munchies?
Rapids defender Mekeil Williams is stuck in Trinidad after a WCQ waiting for his P1 visa to arrive by mail. Rapids are going into Saturday's game with four healthy defenders if he can't make it back in time. :doh: Kinda glad I didn't make the trip after all.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

The league is starting to pressure teams to pull press passes and access from fans for various stupid reasons such as "they or their families having season tickets." The longest running DC United podcast is now ending as a result of these maneuvers, which is sad. Frankly, it was one of the best produced and most fun podcasts for any MLS club or subject. MLS is poo poo.

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

HR at work said they got a sweet deal on taking us to a timbers game.

I checked the date and it's the Thorns.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

porkface posted:

HR at work said they got a sweet deal on taking us to a timbers game.

I checked the date and it's the Thorns.

From what we saw last week, that sounds like a great deal.

Hoover Dam
Jun 17, 2003

red white and blue forever
there is a goddamned haiku along the backstop behind the goal in the River End and it's weirding me out

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Union... good???

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

Hoover Dam posted:

there is a goddamned haiku along the backstop behind the goal in the River End and it's weirding me out

Our Cherry Blossom Festival is this month, so we hang that one all month long. Our tifo guy wants to turn it into three scarves for people to purchase.

DR AIDS
Nov 4, 2008

No shits will be given
Haiku scarves. End MLS right now.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

our tifo guy

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

triple sulk posted:

Union... good???

i had no idea they played tonight

FIRST PLACE (in the east)

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

DR AIDS posted:

Haiku scarves. End MLS right now.
Come join those of us who have NASL teams nearby.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

be nice wicka posted:

our tifo guy

who would like to be renamed this

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Gigi Galli posted:

I even have a lovely beard

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Gigi Galli posted:

...escape goat is played out, why not?

people will make scarves out of anything. I dunno if it's just because the timbers army are The Absolute Worst, but these motherfuckers will make scarves to commemorate anything. not the actual merch crew for the TA, but random people will independently design and make their own scarves that say poo poo like "YOU CAN'T SIT WITH US" "FEAR THE BEARD" "BATTLESTAR PORTLANDIA" (ok I have one of those) but yeah. I made Valeri a banner last year that said "TROESMA" and there are three scarves in the works, none of which I'm involved with.

El Jebus posted:

From what we saw last week, that sounds like a great deal.

Thorns preseason looked... less than promising. have fun?
both PTFC's have proven that they turn to poo poo the moment they win a title.

the escape goat fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Apr 9, 2016

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Facebook scarf drama is a glorious thing to behold.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

highme posted:

Facebook scarf drama is a glorious thing to behold.

The awful Terrace sites showing photos of people with "trophies" as some LARP capture the flag nonsense is a highlight.

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Gigi Galli posted:

me

siggy2021
Mar 8, 2010
In case you guys haven't noticed, Columbus' colors are now yellow, white, and powder blue.

I'm making this assumption since I think they've worn this awful "third kit" every game so far.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Your Boy Fancy posted:

The awful Terrace sites showing photos of people with "trophies" as some LARP capture the flag nonsense is a highlight.

That's a sight to behold as well, but I'm talking about dumb as gently caress internal TA squabbles. We troll ourselves better than anyone else can.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
DC won the foot

The whole drat continent showed support this week

Guess we'll all have to get banned to continue the blood sacrifices

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Ceterum autem censeo mundum esse delendam

Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris
the curse of conor casey is real and people are spending the fleeing moments we hold dear on tetra firma actually giving a gently caress about what other mls fans are doing

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Fucitol posted:

great job, everyone. we're really setting the bar here for great posting.

I'm sad about our season too, man.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
Hey guys, just stopping by to call Nigel de Jong a reprehensible thug oval office, god bless you all

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Prototype
Aug 23, 2005

Power, Wisdom, Courage
I'm thoroughly displeased with how things are going with the DC United front office right now.

But I'm quite happy we finally won a match this weekend. Now, if we can just do it against a club that doesn't have a strong history of losing at RFK...

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Big Nige is the man and all those other guys rolling around on the ground are pussies.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
That photo collage contains two broken fibulas, a broken tibia, an MCL sprain and TBD (Nagbe)

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Gigi Galli posted:

Big Nige is the man and all those other guys rolling around on the ground are pussies.

What do you mean? Nagbe is the definition of a manly man and totally isn't a bitch boy

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
These domestic fancydans don't like it up 'em.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

These domestic fancydans don't like it up 'em.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

XyrlocShammypants posted:

What do you mean? Nagbe is the definition of a manly man and totally isn't a bitch boy

I don't know I'm just making a joke, I don't even know who Nagbe is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Gigi Galli posted:

I don't know I'm just making a joke, I don't even know who Nagbe is.

I was being sarcastic, he is a bitch boy

• Locked thread