Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

crew posted:

I mean read through some of that poo poo that these guys are up to and tell me you wouldnt look at everyone around you twice.

its like everyone is a traitor and there are so few loyal goons maybe mittens and the loyalists are the traitors and everyone else are really the true goons

kind of makes u think m8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Reverand maynard posted:

There aren't a whole lot of places to go in eve if you want to participate in large fights. Part of this is because fairly shortly after BAT leaving a war kicked off with BAT fighting their former alliance.

Yeah, they knew all about that ahead of time.

awesomecopter
Aug 16, 2012

Kimsemus posted:

And yet somehow BAT was pretty quick to get villanized recently :/

That's a lot less explainable, but Blawrf did say something along the lines of "I'm not going over to PL" in his farewell address, then a few months later he's in PL.

To be honest I've seen a bunch of vitrol from BAT members who were with CONDI only 4 months ago. Plenty of transition time, lots of peaceful member swaps, and 4 months later BAT shows up at the gates.

I honestly don't care for the rhetoric but would prefer people to bring their objections up and talk about things like not-teenagers rather than harbor a secret grudge that they don't try to sort out and gently caress everyone on the way out.

Lemba's like the perfect example. Burnt out from too much EVE? Just ease back and hand off your duties to someone else, and do your own thing for a while. Directors come and go all the time, people burn out and need time to themselves. When you are ready again just get back in the saddle instead of blaming someone else for you poopsocking too hard.

awesomecopter fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Apr 9, 2016

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk

Fix Lag posted:

Amazingly, all relevant threads seem to be getting deleted. As if some r/eve mods were involved in the scandal or something.

Oh hey I wonder about that.

[12/29/2015 10:31:48 PM] joe.lambo: IWI tried to talk to SMA leadership about it and got the cold shoulder
[12/29/2015 10:31:57 PM] joe.lambo: so now he will fund you guys
[12/29/2015 10:32:00 PM] Boson: is this on reddit
[12/29/2015 10:32:02 PM] joe.lambo: was
[12/29/2015 10:32:05 PM] joe.lambo: i nuked the thread
[12/29/2015 10:32:20 PM] joe.lambo: CFC was vote brigading it
[12/29/2015 10:32:38 PM] joe.lambo: and making Eep look like he was trying to push them around with his isk
[12/29/2015 10:32:44 PM] joe.lambo: which wasn't the case

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

LegionAreI posted:

Oh hey I wonder about that.

[12/29/2015 10:31:48 PM] joe.lambo: IWI tried to talk to SMA leadership about it and got the cold shoulder
[12/29/2015 10:31:57 PM] joe.lambo: so now he will fund you guys
[12/29/2015 10:32:00 PM] Boson: is this on reddit
[12/29/2015 10:32:02 PM] joe.lambo: was
[12/29/2015 10:32:05 PM] joe.lambo: i nuked the thread
[12/29/2015 10:32:20 PM] joe.lambo: CFC was vote brigading it
[12/29/2015 10:32:38 PM] joe.lambo: and making Eep look like he was trying to push them around with his isk
[12/29/2015 10:32:44 PM] joe.lambo: which wasn't the case

which mod is joe dot lambo :ohdear:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Who is Joe Lambo? There's no EVE character with that name.

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

awesomecopter posted:

That's a lot less explainable, but Blawrf did say something along the lines of "I'm not going over to PL" in his farewell address, then a few months later he's in PL.

To be honest I've seen a bunch of vitrol from BAT members who were with CONDI only 4 months ago. Plenty of transition time, lots of peaceful member swaps, and 4 months later BAT shows up at the gates.

I honestly don't care for the rhetoric but would prefer people to bring their objections up and talk about things like not-teenagers rather than harbor a secret grudge that they don't try to sort out and gently caress everyone on the way out.

People in GSF get purged for disagreeing so v0v

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

cravius posted:

Correction, they get purged for being "mentally ill."

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Unfunny Poster posted:

Correction, they get purged for being "mentally ill."

I knew I was forgetting something

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk

Unfunny Poster posted:

[1/23/2016 5:46:14 AM] Boson: ironbank is the one who is actually in charge of iwantisk?
[1/23/2016 5:46:15 AM] Boson: I Want ISK
[1/23/2016 8:54:27 AM] joe.lambo: I Want ISK
[1/23/2016 8:54:36 AM] joe.lambo: Ironbank is a senior banker like me

Still trying to suss out his character name but he's one of the IWI peeps.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Unfunny Poster posted:

its an allusion to his real name

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Question, who's Boson?

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Magres posted:

Question, who's Boson?

Tishu director I think

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

LegionAreI posted:

[1/23/2016 5:46:14 AM] Boson: ironbank is the one who is actually in charge of iwantisk?

a senior banker and reddit mod? or he just tells the mods on reddit what he wants

supersnowman
Oct 3, 2012

crew posted:

a senior banker and reddit mod? or he just tells the mods on reddit what he wants

Probably "suggestion" with a wad of ISK given as a gift for being good mods.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LegionAreI posted:

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

its an allusion to his real name

:sigh:

Magres posted:

Question, who's Boson?

cravius posted:

Tishu director I think

Pretty sure that's a The Culture guy, but maybe TISHU.

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!

Lemba posted:

I GAVE MY LIFE FOR THIS GAME WHILE DBRB ATE SHRIMP ON A YACHT

Eve is real

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

Unfunny Poster posted:

:sigh:

Pretty sure that's a The Culture guy, but maybe TISHU.

https://gate.eveonline.com/Profile/Boson%20Dubstep

TISHU.

nessin
Feb 7, 2010

Xolve posted:

I mean, look at it from an outside perspective for a second.

Mittens gives a dumb speech to corral the masses supported by big words and little fact, then suddenly there's pastebin poo poo posted today corroborating his story.

I'm not saying it's bullshit (because even if it isn't, it just doesn't matter), just that I could see how it could be perceived as such.

Presumably it could be a conspiracy and faked (although weren't you the one who linked the TMC article about the wormhole debacle and said not everything has to be a conspiracy?), but it makes perfect sense that after having a person accidentally leak logs they saved in pastebin to give to someone else, they'd scour open pastebin entries for other potentially damning material.

nessin fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Apr 9, 2016

awesomecopter
Aug 16, 2012

cravius posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Endie and Blawrf both left by themselves.

Endie has his post on his blog about how he was marginalized and resigned his directorate position

http://www.endie.net/wordpress/2015/08/you-cant-fire-me-i-quit-drops-mic/

Then the catalyst for him leaving was Xander being a dumb gently caress and pasting a fairly sensitive conversation between endie and himself on public pastebin. Now they are both in PL, so ~planned at the barbecue~ maybe.

Blawrf had his big AMA about leaving the skymarshall position, with a rant against fozzie about killing the game that he played, and how he left everything untouched and did a graceful exit, which was bro as gently caress.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

awesomecopter posted:

Now they are both in PL, so ~planned at the barbecue~ maybe.

You should not make poo poo up if you don't know what you're talking about. Xander wasn't in PL during those convos, nor has he come back since he got activity purged August.

awesomecopter
Aug 16, 2012

Unfunny Poster posted:

This is wrong. Xander wasn't in PL during those convos either.

I said ~now~ hendrick.
But could have phrased that better.

Edit : or gotten it right in the first place, whoops. Or just consider ~~ to be sarcasm. Yeah that's what I meant.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

No you see this must be the :master: because he said he was gonna build a fake narrative and feed it to mittens

Along with a ban

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

To be a fly on the wall at CCP headquarters on Monday morning :allears:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

awesomecopter posted:

I said ~now~ hendrick.
But could have phrased that better.

Xander hasn't been in PL for over half a year.

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

darth cookie posted:

To be a fly on the wall at CCP headquarters on Monday morning :allears:

"did you see that thing"

"yeah mods took care of it for us"

"cool want some rotten shark?"

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk
Beyond any old hatreds or ~narrative~ or whatnot, there are some serious dumb dumbs that put all their nefarious scheming on public pastebins. If it was just one log maybe I'd think someone was trying to take the piss, but that is a lot of half-rear end inept puppetmastering out there.

Note to any would-be Space Emperors: don't use pastebin

froody guy
Jun 25, 2013

I didn't understand a drat thing of all these leaks and pastebin poo poo. Especially the part where CCP Foxfour got mentioned.

Who the gently caress happened?

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
Unfunny Poster you should tell your hordlings that trying to jump blackops just gets you killed. Also pandemic horde owes us the cost of a T2 bubble :mad:

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

froody guy posted:

I didn't understand a drat thing of all these leaks and pastebin poo poo. Especially the part where CCP Foxfour got mentioned.

A tree fell on some guys house but he was too busy plotting the demise of a videogame guild he was like: nbd

awesomecopter
Aug 16, 2012

froody guy posted:

A bunch of fairly damaging logs from MBC leadership convos that directly implicate some of them (SUAS) in RMT, and implicitly for a lot of the rest.

The two money shots are

- one of the speakers saying that a number of characters, IWI bankers, have been banned. And that he's going to message CCP foxfour about getting them unbanned. Normal people can't do this, you have to petition though the support system and cant send mails to devs.

- some of these logs were pasted to /r/eve by goons, and they were quickly deleted by the mods. There's a log that implies the IWI banker has enough influence with the /r/eve mods to get harmful posts deleted.

Tim Jong-un
Aug 22, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Wait do Icelanders eat rotten shark, I thought that was Greenlanders

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Some of the logs are on there right now and have been up for about 40 minutes.

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

Rhymenoserous posted:

Unfunny Poster you should tell your hordlings that trying to jump blackops just gets you killed. Also pandemic horde owes us the cost of a T2 bubble :mad:

Are you talking about this? https://zkillboard.com/related/30002938/201604090300/ Because lol

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Tim Jong-un posted:

Wait do Icelanders eat rotten shark, I thought that was Greenlanders

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H%C3%A1karl

"Chef Anthony Bourdain described kęstan hįkarl as "the single worst, most disgusting and terrible tasting thing" he has ever eaten"

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy
I'm legit sad thinking about Lemba's kids tugging his shirt asking dad for a catch, but he tells them "no kids daddy's gotta fight mirttanis war"

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

back in February Boson tried to buy five titans from my scam alt

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Reverand maynard posted:

back in February Boson tried to buy five titans from my scam alt

where does rando tishu nobody get the isk for 5 titans

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rhymenoserous posted:

Sometimes you need to let them fly free.

Also never paying for that :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

crew posted:

where does rando tishu nobody get the isk for 5 titans

you get one guess

edit: boson is a tishu director

• Locked thread