Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

Landsknecht posted:

no if CCP actually has their people in contact with the gambling people and is helping them (special ships for somer, avoid RMT bans, etc.) there's probably some communications that could be subpoenaed. If CCP gets investigated by the DOJ for involvement with online gambling at best it'll be expensive lawyers and fines, at worst they'll be barred from doing business in the US.

Sorry bud, I don't think the DoJ is going to save the cfc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

awesomecopter
Aug 16, 2012

Tim Jong-un posted:

Wait do Icelanders eat rotten shark, I thought that was Greenlanders

Greenlanders are the ones who commit suicide a lot.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!
https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/4dz7cb/a_plea_to_ccp_to_not_implement_daily_opportunities/

T;DR: :qq: dailies :qq:

Seriously, what makes people feel compelled to log on to games for daily rewards that are often complete poo poo?

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Iseeyouseemeseeyou posted:

i dont know why ordo would say that

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
So how much real money does this gambling group make that they blow so much on buying isk to pay other alliances to do poo poo for them?

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Dalael posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/4dz7cb/a_plea_to_ccp_to_not_implement_daily_opportunities/

Seriously, what makes people feel compelled to log on to games for daily rewards that are often complete poo poo?

because it's literally a known psychological tool you retard

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

there are no goons, ur right

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So how much real money does this gambling group make that they blow so much on buying isk to pay other alliances to do poo poo for them?

They shouldn't be making any rl money? They should just be getting isk off of it, hence why they're able to bankroll it. I read that huge gently caress off pastebin log and there's no rmt conspiracy. Suas was probably a dipshit and bought isk (again?) and fix lag is chugging the koolaid

supersnowman
Oct 3, 2012

Dalael posted:

People rage at CCP because they might miss out on SP when the servers goes tits up and you think they won't do the crazyest things like alarm clocking to get their 10k sp every 22 hours?

froody guy
Jun 25, 2013

:suspense:

awesomecopter posted:

A bunch of fairly damaging logs from MBC leadership convos that directly implicate some of them (SUAS) in RMT, and implicitly for a lot of the rest.

The two money shots are

- one of the speakers saying that a number of characters, IWI bankers, have been banned. And that he's going to message CCP foxfour about getting them unbanned. Normal people can't do this, you have to petition though the support system and cant send mails to devs.

- some of these logs were pasted to /r/eve by goons, and they were quickly deleted by the mods. There's a log that implies the IWI banker has enough influence with the /r/eve mods to get harmful posts deleted.

drat. That's pretty dense. Now I only need to hear that the pope always liked the pussy and I can commit sudoku :shepicide:

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

supersnowman posted:

People rage at CCP because they might miss out on SP when the servers goes tits up and you think they won't do the crazyest things like alarm clocking to get their 10k sp every 22 hours?

Can't argue with that logic.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

I still want to know if the rumors of some Russian Aluminum Tycoon dropping 300 grand on isk way back when was true or not.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

i don't think the doj will save anyone cause it could very will kill eve if CCP can be linked to running some kind of online gambling deal

there's been a massive explosion of video-game based betting/gambling/pseudo-sweepstakes going on over the last few years, especially with valve games (aka csgo and dota 2), and i don't think it'll escape oversight forever (who knows maybe it will im not the attorney general)

generally whenever there's some kind of investigation and effort to clamp down stuff is pretty widespread and hamfisted and it's often sorted out by lawyers

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I still want to know if the rumors of some Russian Aluminum Tycoon dropping 300 grand on isk way back when was true or not.

Partially true. There was a Russian Aluminium Magnate who spent many many thousands to fund an alliance. I have no idea if it was really 300K though.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

They shouldn't be making any rl money? They should just be getting isk off of it, hence why they're able to bankroll it. I read that huge gently caress off pastebin log and there's no rmt conspiracy. Suas was probably a dipshit and bought isk (again?) and fix lag is chugging the koolaid

shut up idiot

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

darth cookie posted:

Partially true. There was a Russian Aluminium Magnate who spent many many thousands to fund an alliance. I have no idea if it was really 300K though.

Was it the same oligarch that allegedly bought the leader of AAA (I can't remember his name) a new set of teeth?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

crew posted:

shut up idiot

That's not Dalael btw.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

No.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
i don't really mind dailies even though they're ~wow incarnate~. just holy poo poo don't make them sp rewards what in the gently caress.

and make them interesting, because "kill one npc" is not great. it should be something that pushes people out of their comfort zone or gets them to try something new. maybe "enter a wormhole" or "do exploration" or "engage in pvp"

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Unfunny Poster posted:

That's not Dalael btw.

:golfclap:

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Unfunny Poster posted:

That's not Dalael btw.

i know exactly who it is because he used to shitpost on kugu all the time

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

it was a while ago (like 06-07?) but i thought it was pretty clear that this was true. i wanna say that back then people sold GTC's on eve-o and one dude was selling huge amounts of them or something? i drank too much over the last decade to really know if im remembering correctly.

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

crew posted:

shut up idiot

noted isk buyer suas got banned, smoking gun guys shut the gently caress up you mongo

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

darth cookie posted:

Was that Red overlord?

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Unfunny Poster posted:

Sometimes you need to let them fly free.

Also never paying for that :colbert:

It was honestly really entertaining, they loaded up two gates with two different gangs and co-ordinated jumping in, we watched them plan out the whole thing and I was playing the fake internal monologue in coms "Ok guys we're totally going to come at them from two directions, classic pincer!"

I mean literally nothing about that worked out but I saw what they were trying to do.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

bonewitch posted:

i don't really mind dailies even though they're ~wow incarnate~. just holy poo poo don't make them sp rewards what in the gently caress.

and make them interesting, because "kill one npc" is not great. it should be something that pushes people out of their comfort zone or gets them to try something new. maybe "enter a wormhole" or "do exploration" or "engage in pvp"

I don't know why CCP is trying to encourage people to engage in what is the crappiest part of their game; the worst in class PVE.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rhymenoserous posted:

It was honestly really entertaining, they loaded up two gates with two different gangs and co-ordinated jumping in, we watched them plan out the whole thing and I was playing the fake internal monologue in coms "Ok guys we're totally going to come at them from two directions, classic pincer!"

I mean literally nothing about that worked out but I saw what they were trying to do.

This describes how I feel about those sort of situations at times. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03eSvNknlGo

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

noted isk buyer suas got banned, smoking gun guys shut the gently caress up you mongo
did you only read one of the pastebins or what

(i didnt read any of them but i had other people tell me what they said because lol gently caress that)

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

cravius posted:

Was that Red overlord?

Yes that was the name!

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
red overlord dude got a bunch of poo poo RMT banned, then legit bought like 100+ plexes and very obviously sold them on eveo

supersnowman
Oct 3, 2012

darth cookie posted:

I don't know why CCP is trying to encourage people to engage in what is the crappiest part of their game; the worst in class PVE.

It's easy and drives up the daily log-in count so the games looks less dead for potential investors/media. Wars also make people log-in too but the don't last as long as the SP carrot will.

Hubbl3
Mar 28, 2016

Kimsemus posted:

And yet somehow BAT was pretty quick to get villanized recently :/

BATs grrr goon posting on reddit is also through the roof since they departed (except for Endie, who is a good poster). The villanization (is this a word?) is equal on both sides.

I'm pretty lost on all the drama. Is there a summary anywhere that is not reddit?

Hubbl3 fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Apr 9, 2016

Fureil
Jul 7, 2012
So for the life of me I can't seem to figure out what email was associated with my old eve account or remember my drat username/password to log in. Are there any restrictions of note on the 14 day free trial thing? Do we have any sort of "go here to get a referral so we can throw the money from selling PLEX into the war funds" kinda thing? If I'm having to start from scratch I might as well at least contribute a PLEX to the cause.

awesomecopter
Aug 16, 2012

Fureil posted:

So for the life of me I can't seem to figure out what email was associated with my old eve account or remember my drat username/password to log in. Are there any restrictions of note on the 14 day free trial thing? Do we have any sort of "go here to get a referral so we can throw the money from selling PLEX into the war funds" kinda thing? If I'm having to start from scratch I might as well at least contribute a PLEX to the cause.

Try logging into goonfleet dotte com and checking what your forum name is/what was the email you used to register with goonfleet.com. If you forgot that, Vyst loves getting PMs on Something Awful, and you should PM him asking for account infomation on the SA account used to register for GF.com.

I assume you already searched all your E-mail inboxes for eve related messages.

awesomecopter fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Apr 9, 2016

Tim Jong-un
Aug 22, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Hubbl3 posted:

BATs grrr goon posting on reddit is also through the roof since they departed (except for Endie, who is a good poster). The villanization (is this a word?) is equal on both sides.

I'm pretty lost on all the drama. Is there a summary anywhere that is not reddit?

Eve is a bad game played by 2 different groups who want to blow each other up so they can stop logging in again.

Fureil
Jul 7, 2012

awesomecopter posted:

Try logging into goonfleet dotte com and checking what your forum name is, which should be the name of your first character. Once you have that, try talking to CCP support. Ask them to do something like "send a mail to the eve account associated with this E-mail" and see if you get one.

Did you already do a search of your all your e-mail inboxes for eve-related messages?

Yeah, I checked all my normal email inboxes, but it's been a few years since I played so I may have been on a yahoo email that I can't get into anymore. As it is, other than an Iteron V I didn't really have much. I was a highsec miner/space trucker who didn't know enough about the game to dare venture out to 0.0 without friends and at the time I had just created a SA account so I couldn't get into Goonfleet. I'll keep looking around, but if worse comes to worse I can always start out and go find me another Rifter to die in over and over for glory.

Fureil fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Apr 9, 2016

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!

Hubbl3 posted:

BATs grrr goon posting on reddit is also through the roof since they departed (except for Endie, who is a good poster).

There's a lot of bitter ex-girlfriending going on there on both sides.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
hahaha we just trolled JamesAmrilKesh Alt out of the alliance. Thank gently caress I hated that dude.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
really?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

fix lag is chugging the koolaid

There isn't an ironicat large enough here.

Fix Lag posted:

There's a lot of bitter ex-girlfriending going on there on both sides.

I dunno. CO2's passive aggressive "you should have known there was stuff wrong even though we didn't say anything" is much more ex-girlfriendy I'd have to say.

CainFortea fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Apr 9, 2016

• Locked thread