Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
I've seen a mod or two that "fixes" scrounger to properly give correct amounts of ammo so I'm assuming it's unbalanced/bugged.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Okay so maybe an explosive short range shotgun isn't the best idea

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Rinkles posted:

You need to scream "Allahu Akbar" while using it.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

So is hardcore mode coming out the same time as Wasteland Workshop? Not sure if I should stock up on building supplies in my current game ready for the DLC or just wait for a new hardcore mode game.

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

marktheando posted:

So is hardcore mode coming out the same time as Wasteland Workshop? Not sure if I should stock up on building supplies in my current game ready for the DLC or just wait for a new hardcore mode game.

they haven't said anything specific on the public release of survival mode

e: looking back through the news section on bethesda.net, tuesdays seem to be when they release fallout 4 news. WW will release this tuesday, as well.

Scott Forstall fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Apr 9, 2016

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Nasgate posted:

afaik it depends on the item. I just ate a brahmin steak and it immediately removed peckish, whereas it's taken me like 4 cram to get rid of peckish.

I figured it'd depend on weight. Between the bloatfly and mole rat chunks that's a full pound of food there that I ate and was still 'peckish'. Guess it's referring to nutrition and not caloric content or something IDK.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Rinkles posted:

Funny enough I just got an explosive combat shotgun the other day. Fully upgraded it'll kill just about anything smaller than a Deathclaw in one or two shots, most larger targets in under five, blast the shells right off Mirelurks straight up to the Queens, and yeah, instantly cripple or outright kill the player at point blank range or in very close quarters. It's a hilarious weapon in any case.

I'm guessing the explosive damage and splash effect is calculated per pellet and not per shot and I have to wonder if that was intentional or an oversight.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Rinkles posted:

You do know that it'll do even more alpha damage if you made it really accurate right

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

khy posted:

I figured it'd depend on weight. Between the bloatfly and mole rat chunks that's a full pound of food there that I ate and was still 'peckish'. Guess it's referring to nutrition and not caloric content or something IDK.

Steaks and grilled radstag are heavier individually than everything I've gotten except for maybe yao guai and deathclaw meat. So you might be onto something.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
Not sure if it would go down well, but Beth should drop healing from food & water. As it is, stimpaks are basically useless and waaaaay too abundant to make any difference. Also, Quantum Nuka Colas are godly in surival.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

You do know that it'll do even more alpha damage if you made it really accurate right

Should I silence it?

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Are beta saves going to work with the final version?

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only

Entropic posted:

I usually keep a 10mm pistol around for quite a while too. With an Advanced receiver and all the grip/barrel etc mods it's good for picking off roaches and lower-level ferals that you don't want to waste real ammo on.

VATS enhanced 10mm pistol with full upgrades is my go-to gun, and it's absurd how much overall damage it can do. (do not get the recon scope it's loving terrible and adds to the VATS cost like hell.)

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Rinkles posted:

Should I silence it?
Even though it'll tank the effective range, it only applies to the base damage. The base damage matters less than the total explosion damage, which is 120. So yes.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Wolfsheim posted:

I'm pretty sure with two ranks in Scrounger and thirty+ hours of playtime I've acquired about 150 rounds of 5.56. Is there some trick to it I'm not getting?

You should be getting it? Have you tried looking in just every container? Scrounger makes ammo just appear in random objects. I've got about 1500 rounds of it in a similar playtime with the same perks.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Eel hovercraft posted:

Not sure if it would go down well, but Beth should drop healing from food & water. As it is, stimpaks are basically useless and waaaaay too abundant to make any difference. Also, Quantum Nuka Colas are godly in surival.

It doesn't heal you if you're hungry.
I think slowing the heal rate would be a good nerf. Right now medic sucks because food already heals a ton and at the same rate as stimpaks.
Stimpaks also make you thirsty which is a dumb drawback for an already lovely healing item.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

I very rarely get 5.56 outside of sentries, and I have 3 ranks in scrounger.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Colon Semicolon posted:

VATS enhanced 10mm pistol with full upgrades is my go-to gun, and it's absurd how much overall damage it can do. (do not get the recon scope it's loving terrible and adds to the VATS cost like hell.)

But...but...sniper pistol with the ability to track targets ala Farcy. :ohdear:

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

The covenant stuff is great. Any alternative solutions?

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

Even though it'll tank the effective range, it only applies to the base damage. The base damage matters less than the total explosion damage, which is 120. So yes.

Lol, I was joking, but I guess I'll try it now

An actual crafting question: is there any reason to use a marksman's stock over the recoil compensating one on rifles? From quick testing, the marksman's doesn't meaningfully (if at all) increase the hit chance.

E:should've bought out penny's stock earlier, oops

Rinkles fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Apr 10, 2016

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday
How do I jump?

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Poorly.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

JackBadass posted:

How do I jump?

You... hit the spacebar?

If you're having trouble getting over an object, jump, wait a split second, then hold forward. You basically have large amounts of air control but stick to surfaces if you start moving too early. If you're trying to get out of a corner you fell into, just mash jump while looking around, you're not allowed to jump until your feet are on the ground but you can't see your feet so change your view angle to try and get your feet to land early (they started using the fancy physics-based dynamic foot positioning starting with Skyrim I believe it was).

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Rinkles posted:

The covenant stuff is great. Any alternative solutions?
With a few speech checks, you can side with the others.

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only

Starhawk64 posted:

But...but...sniper pistol with the ability to track targets ala Farcy. :ohdear:

Look at it this way: if you ever REALLY need to break off something's leg really fast, It's better to not have the recon scope and use it like a slowmo typewriter.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

isndl posted:

You... hit the spacebar?

If you're having trouble getting over an object, jump, wait a split second, then hold forward. You basically have large amounts of air control but stick to surfaces if you start moving too early. If you're trying to get out of a corner you fell into, just mash jump while looking around, you're not allowed to jump until your feet are on the ground but you can't see your feet so change your view angle to try and get your feet to land early (they started using the fancy physics-based dynamic foot positioning starting with Skyrim I believe it was).

What's a mash jump?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Mash the jump button, as in, keep pressing it.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Is there any vendor that sells (or any hostile NPC that drops) a stun pack baton with certainty? Really want one, but don't want to spent the 3 skill points to get there.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Morter posted:

Is there any vendor that sells (or any hostile NPC that drops) a stun pack baton with certainty? Really want one, but don't want to spent the 3 skill points to get there.

Synths drop them I think.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Morter posted:

I've noticed items ramp up quicker on survival. I had a gunner with a shock baton at level 7, so you could try murdering gunners if synths don't drop them.

Also had two rad scorpion random encounters before level 10. Thank god I had a full minigun and power armor.

Also also already getting combat shotgun and rifle drops. I like it, that long period of useless guns in my first vanilla playthrough blew.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Woo, hit the legendary jackpot when my heavy gunner/demolition expert dude picked up an explosive minigun in Trinity Tower.

E: only at lvl 25 too, will get a lot of use, ammo permitting

KDdidit fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Apr 10, 2016

Worklurker
Jan 2, 2014

KDdidit posted:

Woo, hit the legendary jackpot when my heavy gunner/demolition expert dude picked up an explosive minigun in Trinity Tower.

E: only at lvl 25 too, will get a lot of use, ammo permitting

Looks like you just beat any difficulty the game had/has left.(as long as you don't shoot at your feet)

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I have a lot of practice blowing myself up with a Spray and Pray. I was planning on land mine cheesing the Mireluk Queen at the Castle but now I think I'll just face tank her.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

The trick for dealing with Mirelurk Queens is always packing a Fat Man and 3 mini-nukes when you explore swampy or coastal areas :getin:

I've reached the point now where I've stopped caring about power armor. I put the highest ballistic weave on the Mechanist armor, piled all the dog armor I can on Dogmeat, and now I'm just the Infinite-Laser Super rear end in a top hat. My carry weight is something like 440-ish thanks to the perks and STR I have, and ditching the extra armor pieces leaves me with a huge boon to carry weight. Now I might actually use the 99 Rad-X i have.

This pretty much happened because I found the Mascot Head from that catholic school in downtown and I'm really pissed about it. I want to wear it with my power armor and look like an insane person, but the helmet is the portion which has the flashlight and I can't have both a light and just the bear helmet. :mad:

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

death .cab for qt posted:

The trick for dealing with Mirelurk Queens is always packing a Fat Man and 3 mini-nukes when you explore swampy or coastal areas :getin:

I've reached the point now where I've stopped caring about power armor. I put the highest ballistic weave on the Mechanist armor, piled all the dog armor I can on Dogmeat, and now I'm just the Infinite-Laser Super rear end in a top hat. My carry weight is something like 440-ish thanks to the perks and STR I have, and ditching the extra armor pieces leaves me with a huge boon to carry weight. Now I might actually use the 99 Rad-X i have.

This pretty much happened because I found the Mascot Head from that catholic school in downtown and I'm really pissed about it. I want to wear it with my power armor and look like an insane person, but the helmet is the portion which has the flashlight and I can't have both a light and just the bear helmet. :mad:

you can set the power armor helmet and your mascot head to your favorites, and swap between them really quickly if you want. then you can just walk around with your mascot head and pop to your power armor helmet when it's dark.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

How do I get extra lives? I keep getting killed by the guy in the hat.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Volkerball posted:

you can set the power armor helmet and your mascot head to your favorites, and swap between them really quickly if you want. then you can just walk around with your mascot head and pop to your power armor helmet when it's dark.

I pretty much always need the lamp on, for how often I end up playing in the day in my sunny-rear end living room. It's always night for some reason whenever I explore, and I can't be assed to find a chair or bench in downtown and just wait 30 seconds when I want to knock out a few buildings

I hate how inconvenient Power Armor is overall, I've found. It sucks having to pop in and out for terminals with chairs, waiting, crafting, etc. although it feels like the latest patch made exiting much faster--just not climbing back in.

As soon as mods hit the PS4 i bet it will be mitigated, but still.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Colon Semicolon posted:

Yeah I found a 10mm with the VATS legendary bonus on my current playthrough and it's kind of ridiculous. Doesn't do a ton of damage per shot, but you can queue up like 14 shots in VATS while only depleting like 1/3 of your action points. Great against weaker enemies, and even gainst bullet sponges you can just enter VATS, hit them enough times with the 10mm to completely refill your critical meter, than crit them with your sniper rifle or combat shotgun or whatever.

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

That 10mm pistol from the desk in the vault can last you basically forever! At least it has for me.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

The main thing that makes me not want to use power armor is the screen shake.

I get it, I'm wearing a huge suit of metal, but I don't need motion sickness to go with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
Are console mods going to be able to be tied to a specific account? My wife got this game on PS4 and probably won't be into playing with mods but I would be.

• Locked thread