Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Kikas posted:

But now my game just flat out won't start.

Also wow, I hope that the Hotfix fixed Hans, cause I don't think his melee attack should dish out 80 damage EACH on Hard :v: (at least not anymore)

Easier to roast you with little piggy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

put bernie sanders in killing floor 2 imho

matriarch has a flamethrower ability akin to "one in the pipe" but instead it's "can you feel the bern?"

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Martout posted:

matriarch has a flamethrower ability akin to "one in the pipe" but instead it's "can you feel the bern?"

he sprays fake dosh that poisons you if you pick it up

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

he sprays fake dosh that poisons you if you pick it up

I mean we've seen some bad shitposts on the last 2-3 pages and I know we got the new thread title.

But man. This is it. That is the worst post anyone has ever made in the KF2 thread.

After downloading another hotfix, the game started and yes, the hotfix has indeed changed Hans damage numbers back to the reasonable amount he had before the big patch.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

Kikas posted:

I mean we've seen some bad shitposts on the last 2-3 pages and I know we got the new thread title.

But man. This is it. That is the worst post anyone has ever made in the KF2 thread.

After downloading another hotfix, the game started and yes, the hotfix has indeed changed Hans damage numbers back to the reasonable amount he had before the big patch.

buff demo and i'll stop

jk, proud of Tripwire for fixing stuff quickly, hopefully this new patch makes their patching process more streamlined

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

buff demo and i'll stop

jk, proud of Tripwire for fixing stuff quickly, hopefully this new patch makes their patching process more streamlined

Well demo is getting a complete rework instead of buffs, so maybe your wish will come true eventually.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
The local server stuff works a lot better now, and the command window is a bit more verbose which is useful. Workshop for the server works for me too, so I'm pretty happy.

I like the prison map, but a couple of waves now have left us wandering around trying to find where the last 2 zeds have been hiding so maybe there are a few minor pathing or spawning issues in there?
I really enjoyed holding out in the guard tower near the exercise yard. You can have people holding the stairs, a couple at the top firing down on everything, and even a firebug or something at the base of the tower riling everything up. Mind you, that's on baby-mode difficulty.

Please give demo a weapon that has more than one round in it at a time, and a perk weapon that siren's don't immediately nullify. I wouldn't mind so much if it just stopped her from getting hurt, but when your whole round disappears, and you carry so few of them, it's pretty annoying. Mind you, once you've struggled to level 15 that issue goes away. I also feel like the starting gun could work better, but I'm not sure how. It just shits me that a clot can sometimes soak up 2 or 3 shots from it and you have such a small amount of ammo. Then again, it's probably just me sucking.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

Gromit posted:

The local server stuff works a lot better now, and the command window is a bit more verbose which is useful. Workshop for the server works for me too, so I'm pretty happy.

I like the prison map, but a couple of waves now have left us wandering around trying to find where the last 2 zeds have been hiding so maybe there are a few minor pathing or spawning issues in there?
I really enjoyed holding out in the guard tower near the exercise yard. You can have people holding the stairs, a couple at the top firing down on everything, and even a firebug or something at the base of the tower riling everything up. Mind you, that's on baby-mode difficulty.

Please give demo a weapon that has more than one round in it at a time, and a perk weapon that siren's don't immediately nullify. I wouldn't mind so much if it just stopped her from getting hurt, but when your whole round disappears, and you carry so few of them, it's pretty annoying. Mind you, once you've struggled to level 15 that issue goes away. I also feel like the starting gun could work better, but I'm not sure how. It just shits me that a clot can sometimes soak up 2 or 3 shots from it and you have such a small amount of ammo. Then again, it's probably just me sucking.

I'm a pretty good demo (at least after 250 hours in KF1 + KF2 combined I'd like to say that) and nah, it's awful. It takes forever to reload, it's weirdly heavy and expensive for a T1, although I think it's cheaper now, the ammo is insanely scarce and missing even a single shot with it often means you will run out of ammo before the end of the wave. If you miss even a single "pellet", even Clots and Crawlers can sometimes survive, so it's basically a shotgun with no penetration, awful spread and a weird arc at distance. It's just plain bad.

Nearly every other T1 in the game is fundamentally solid enough that even off perk they're worth picking up early on to supplement your class, AR15, pump shotgun, Medic Pistol, Caulk n Burn, are all really good in their own right, on or off perk. The grenade pistol is just not fun to use and trash even as a demo. Factor that into the Demo's total lack of flexibility at high level, and, well, it's a really linear and limiting class especially at high level.

Gunslinger should still be the gold standard for balance going forward IMHO.

I really wish I had enough free time where I could play this game as much as I post about it :(

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

I think the main balance issues right now are Demo being relatively weak (but still awesome once you get to T3 and T4 with level 15+) in the first waves and Support paying way too much per shot.

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

I like to tweet and live my life. Thank you.
Questioner, I found the problem with the prison map by playing ZEDS on survival VS. There's a zed spawn point next to the big outside courtyard with exercise equipment and a guard tower where it's literally impossible to get onto the map. you spawn on the walkway over the water and you can see through multiple buildings. I've confirmed this twice on two different games each. Even as the jumping Zeds it's impossible to get out of that area and you can only be shot by humies. Otherwise, great job, really fun update

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family

Truecon420 posted:

Questioner, I found the problem with the prison map by playing ZEDS on survival VS. There's a zed spawn point next to the big outside courtyard with exercise equipment and a guard tower where it's literally impossible to get onto the map. you spawn on the walkway over the water and you can see through multiple buildings. I've confirmed this twice on two different games each. Even as the jumping Zeds it's impossible to get out of that area and you can only be shot by humies. Otherwise, great job, really fun update

If this is the spot I think it is, it's a issue in regular Survival too. Big Zeds (Scrakes, FPs) get stuck on the walkway often (but not all the time) and you can just potshot them until they're dead. It's the courtyard with the watchtower and the trader in it, plus the aforementioned exercise equipment.

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Hillary is already in (as the siren)

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

I like to tweet and live my life. Thank you.

Require More Fire posted:

If this is the spot I think it is, it's a issue in regular Survival too. Big Zeds (Scrakes, FPs) get stuck on the walkway often (but not all the time) and you can just potshot them until they're dead. It's the courtyard with the watchtower and the trader in it, plus the aforementioned exercise equipment.

Yep, someone earlier had mentioned that on survival so tried play a few waves as azedsto see if I could figure it out. Pretty cool, but also pretty annoying. Easy fix I'd imagine

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator
Versus mode is a lot of fun. Great update Questioner!

(don't let the whiny posters keep you down)

Jorge Bell
Aug 2, 2006
Demo sucks and it's ridiculous that this thing is not one of their weapons:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Jorge Bell posted:

Demo sucks and it's ridiculous that this thing is not one of their weapons:

Just remove the grenade pistol from the game and make the M79 the T1 Demo weapon, with C4 at T2, a M32 at T3 and the RPG at T4. That would probably fix some of the Demo issues, even though scrapping art assets is always a crappy thing to have to do. :(

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."
Make C4 their grenade and you free up a spot for a proper weapon.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

DatonKallandor posted:

Make C4 their grenade and you free up a spot for a proper weapon.

Yeah, that's a fair point. Press G to drop C4, hold it to detonate.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
I still think they should bring back the Seeker 6 Rocket Launcher as a Tier 1 or 2 weapon, as it would be a good fit there

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

I am at level 24 on Demo and I never play it, I am always spoofing it as Support because then I don't really have to pay attention to the "throw rocket launchers everywhere" meta and have actual good perk abilities.

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."

Lemon-Lime posted:

Yeah, that's a fair point. Press G to drop C4, hold it to detonate.

Either that, or just first press throws C4, second press detonates it. That way you don't tempt new players that don't know about the stacking C4 debuff into accidentally wasting all their C4 for no gain on a stack.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
I loving love the Crossbow; not because of it's power, but because it stuns Scrakes with one headshot.

In a Suicidal KF-BurningParis match, it was down to me, a level 16 Gunslinger, and a level 25 Zerk vs four Scrakes. Since he had a Crossbow, he was able to stun each one with a Crossbow headshot. While each Scrake was stunned, I popped their heads off with the .500 Magnum revolvers. It worked like clockwork and was really impressive to watch.

I'm sure it'll be nerfed sometime, but I'm hoping at least the Railgun can still stun on headshots so I can gently caress up Scrakes with ease as a Gunslinger.

Questioner86
Feb 8, 2006
Gaming Freak Of Nature
Thanks for the bug info, folks. We've got a couple of map updates queued up and we're planning to release them soon along with some other fixes that we didn't get a chance to test before Friday's hotfix. Once the usual explosion of hotfixes after a major content update are done we're planning on getting right back into our bi-weekly update cycle and address anything that can't be handled with the live balance system.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

closeted republican posted:

I loving love the Crossbow; not because of it's power, but because it stuns Scrakes with one headshot.

In a Suicidal KF-BurningParis match, it was down to me, a level 16 Gunslinger, and a level 25 Zerk vs four Scrakes. Since he had a Crossbow, he was able to stun each one with a Crossbow headshot. While each Scrake was stunned, I popped their heads off with the .500 Magnum revolvers. It worked like clockwork and was really impressive to watch.

I'm sure it'll be nerfed sometime, but I'm hoping at least the Railgun can still stun on headshots so I can gently caress up Scrakes with ease as a Gunslinger.

They didn't nerf gunslinger so I'm not sure you will actually see a downtick in power there.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

They didn't nerf gunslinger so I'm not sure you will actually see a downtick in power there.

I hope not. The Crossbow is so useful.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Questioner86 posted:

Thanks for the bug info, folks. We've got a couple of map updates queued up and we're planning to release them soon along with some other fixes that we didn't get a chance to test before Friday's hotfix. Once the usual explosion of hotfixes after a major content update are done we're planning on getting right back into our bi-weekly update cycle and address anything that can't be handled with the live balance system.

If I can add another one to the pile, I do think that something is off with XP gain on Demo. The explosions seem to give out reduced XP, as when playing around with the M79 I kept getting a "+8 XP" prompt, and I don't think that any kill has that value on Hard. Unless the Live Conductor or whatever it's called can reduce difficulty level mid-wave, this clearly isn't working properly. And I wasn't getting assists on big Zeds that got hit with the impact of the rocket and knocked on their rear end, but then again, I have no loving clue how the assist system works - does the Zed have to die in a certain time window from me shooting it, or do I have to deal a significant amount of damage to it to actually get an assist?

And via live testing - I have no idea if this is intentional, but the RPG is actually MORE accurate from the hip then it is when ironsighted.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Kikas posted:

And via live testing - I have no idea if this is intentional, but the RPG is actually MORE accurate from the hip then it is when ironsighted.

Never ironsight anything in this game, it's a total trap option. The ironsights do nothing but make you move slower, which is death. Turn on the recticle, it makes the game a hundred times more playable.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

Never ironsight anything in this game, it's a total trap option. The ironsights do nothing but make you move slower, which is death. Turn on the recticle, it makes the game a hundred times more playable.

Oh yeah I have the reticle, but sometimes I try to ironsight for kicks :v: Works on Gunslinger at least, especially with Shoot'n'Scoot, cause the weapon switch skill is a total trap.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

i am streaming this game, me, The Content Liker: https://www.twitch.tv/dork_rex/

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Iron sighting is for maximum style points in zed time :c00l:

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Kikas posted:

Oh yeah I have the reticle, but sometimes I try to ironsight for kicks :v: Works on Gunslinger at least, especially with Shoot'n'Scoot, cause the weapon switch skill is a total trap.

Akimbo pistols are quite inaccurate if you don't use ironsights.

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
I don't really have any issues popping heads with akimbo weapons and no ironsights, I think the bullets still all go straight down the middle anyway.

I only ever used ironsight with the crossbow and law in the first game anyway, since you kinda have to to even use those. I dislike switching to my next gun instead of reloading so that whole first perk set is kinda wasted on me..

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...
So Killing Floor 2 is on sale.

I quite liked KF1. I never got into it in any kind of hardcore way but it was fun to play at LAN parties, especially with the story missions. I'd been keeping a vague eye on KF2 and hearing mostly good things about it. I was going to buy it just now and stopped to look at the reviews. Pretty much every recent review is negative, and the complaints are mostly the same - not all the classes are in, they've put in a microtransaction store (which is bad in itself) before actually finishing the game (which is worse), development is slow, the skill ceiling is really low, they're spending dev time on PVP and/or a PS4 version when the base game isn't actually finished... Basically accusing the game of being a freemium cash-grab.

It's kind of put me off. But maybe it's just EA people disappointed that the game isn't what they hoped. Is there a goon consensus? Is it a good game for fourteen of the Queens' finest pounds?

Zephro fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Apr 10, 2016

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
If it helps, the microtransaction stuff is cosmetic only so no-one in their right mind should give a poo poo. You can sell that stuff in the Steam store for some pennies so it's actually a good thing if you enjoy that sort of thing.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Zephro posted:

So Killing Floor 2 is on sale.

I quite liked KF1. I never got into it in any kind of hardcore way but it was fun to play at LAN parties, especially with the story missions. I'd been keeping a vague eye on KF2 and hearing mostly good things about it. I was going to buy it just now and stopped to look at the reviews. Pretty much every recent review is negative, and the complaints are mostly the same - not all the classes are in, they've put in a microtransaction store (which is bad in itself) before actually finishing the game (which is worse), development is slow, the skill ceiling is really low, they're spending dev time on PVP and/or a PS4 version when the base game isn't actually finished... Basically accusing the game of being a freemium cash-grab.

It's kind of put me off. But maybe it's just EA people disappointed that the game isn't what they hoped. Is there a goon consensus? Is it a good game for fourteen of the Queens' finest pounds?

You forgot the part where TWI decided now would be a great time to also start work on another red orchestra. It's fun but not really something you can play for hours at a time, £14 is probably a good price for it

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

I am enjoying it a lot and I already see it as a better game than KF1.

People bitch a lot about lacking all the perks, but the game already has seven (as opposed to the six in KF1), it has a good number of maps, difficulty is better scaled than in the previous game as enemies become faster and gain extra moves instead of becoming bullet-spongier beyond Hard and the Big Zeds (I get the impression that the people complaining about the low skill ceiling are either playing on lower difficulties or leaning on exploits), it feels pretty complete in terms of core gameplay; only missing three of the promised perks. It also has a fully-featured Steam Workshop with a lot of maps and even a few extra game modes.

PvP just came out and it is pretty fun if unbalanced and I can't really complain that TWI is giving us extra ways to enjoy their game, so I don't see it as detracting from development.

The Microtransactions are iffy given the game is not out, but they are only cosmetic and don't really break the readability or balance of the game, so I don't care. I bought Total War: Attila and all its DLC by selling KF2 hats.

That said, there are some balance issues, with some perks being weaker than others (Demo is the usual suspect). Time between content updates is indeed slow and that is a valid criticism, but there is indeed plenty of game to play with at the moment.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Zephro posted:

It's overall a good game, yeah. The pace of development is slower than Tripwire originally pitched (but they're not pretended they're still going to hit the original target) and the balance isn't the best because the game is still EA and undergoing changes, but it's stable, fun, and there's quite a bit of content there already.

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...
Hm, OK. Thanks. I guess I'll pick it up, then. Shame about Demo, that was my favourite KF1 class :)

One final make-or-break question: does it still have the hilarious Dick van Dyke-quality terrible "British" accents? This is a serious question that will deeply influence my decision whether to buy this game or not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Yes, and it also has other terrible accents now!

Demo is probably going to get an overhaul some time after Sharpshooter is out.