Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wa27
Jan 15, 2007

MisterZimbu posted:

I spent way too long last year trying to find the exact magazine ad containing a picture of a mascot we had already identified, even going as far as to contact the designer who made a similar ad, because I thought the question would be about more than just identifying the brand.

The question was just "identify the brand" and the magazine ad more than likely does not actually exist.

Trivia is great.

Never forget the Wheaties King.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

For one of the pictures last year I emailed a really nice photographer to get some context on the photo and where it was used, and he ended up digging into his film and sending me scans of the whole set. He was really nice.

Trivia is weird and fun.

rawillkill
Aug 15, 2009

Emma Watson is what runs trivia teams.

wa27 posted:

Never forget the Wheaties King.

Long live the Wheaties King.

Elwood P Dowd
Jan 4, 2003

Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it.

MisterZimbu posted:

I spent way too long last year trying to find the exact magazine ad containing a picture of a mascot we had already identified, even going as far as to contact the designer who made a similar ad, because I thought the question would be about more than just identifying the brand.

The question was just "identify the brand" and the magazine ad more than likely does not actually exist.

Trivia is great.

I'm still friends with Bobby Rydell on Facebook after him appearing two (three) years ago.

H2Eau
Jun 2, 2010

Bob Loblaw posted:

I'm still friends with Bobby Rydell on Facebook after him appearing two (three) years ago.

Bobby fuckin' Rydell. That picture could have been just about any teen idol in the 60's.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Here's one of the year's spotify playlists if you want to familiarize yourself with the kind of music we're dealing with. There are music snippets throughout the contest that will undoubtedly use songs from this list.

http://open.spotify.com/user/athanatossa/playlist/10noomwZgdHLi7COyFoKb5

Notice how many, if not most, of the songs are 3 minutes or less. Most questions we have 6-7 minutes to solve. poo poo gets intense.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Yesssss, was just thinking about this the other day. Looking forward to next weekend.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

My trivia tee arrived today. Pretty fast for int shipping

Edit:

Finally opened it, tshirt is beautiful and drawing included as requested TY!

Looke fucked around with this message at 12:13 on Apr 8, 2016

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Looke posted:

My trivia tee arrived today. Pretty fast for int shipping

Edit:

Finally opened it, tshirt is beautiful and drawing included as requested TY!

Now that's a penguin!

brylcreem
Oct 29, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
What the gently caress is going on?

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Hi Brylcreem!!

See, special requests DO get fulfilled. Sorry that I couldn't send "all the cats" to whoever asked for them, though.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Shirt arrived and it is glorious, thanks as always cnn!

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

my cat is norris posted:

Hi Brylcreem!!

See, special requests DO get fulfilled. Sorry that I couldn't send "all the cats" to whoever asked for them, though.
But now how am I supposed to hug every cat :ohdear:

I know! Next year I'll order you to hug every cat for me!

as if I could have thought of anything clever, dang

McStabby
Jun 26, 2007

LANA!!! CRUUUUUSH!

my cat is norris posted:

Hi Brylcreem!!

I requested all the cats, but it was in the form of snapchat pictures.

CNN gave me some snazzy art on the package:

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Hey the Movie is Blues Brothers. If you know anything about Blues Brothers come to Trivia next weekend.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

It’s 106 miles to Chicago, we’ve got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it’s dark and we’re wearing sunglasses.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

We're on a mission from God

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
This is my time :coal:

So I guess the official drink is Orange Whip

But now I need to decide between making Cheese Fries and 2 fried chickens and a coke :ohdear:

The Glumslinger fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Apr 9, 2016

joke_explainer
Dec 28, 2011

Make sure you put all your money in a log cabin before next Friday rolls around. That hosed us over last year, all the money laying around unsecured by the impenetrable walls of a log cabin giving people anxiety that kept them from finding answers before the time ran out.

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

The Glumslinger posted:

This is my time :coal:

So I guess the official drink is Orange Whip

But now I need to decide between making Cheese Fries and 2 fried chickens and a coke :ohdear:

I think you mean four fried chickens and a Coke

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Wings or thighs?

brylcreem
Oct 29, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

my cat is norris posted:

Hi Brylcreem!!

It's wonderful :)

Athanatos posted:

Hey the Movie is Blues Brothers. If you know anything about Blues Brothers come to Trivia next weekend.

Yeah, so we need someone to go through the whole movie, taking screenshots of every sign, menu, phone book, car, wall, piece of paper, grave stone, mile stone, and stone wall. Also transcribing the signs, menus, phone books, cars, pieces of paper, grave stones, mile stones, and stone walls.

Same thing for the new movie.

I did that for The Day The Earth Stood Still (with Will Smith) last year, and we didn't end up using it. But we did have a question from the 50s version, that we could answer via a screenshot, so there's that!

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

simplefish posted:

Wings or thighs?

For fried chickens and a Coke.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

joke_explainer posted:

Make sure you put all your money in a log cabin before next Friday rolls around. That hosed us over last year, all the money laying around unsecured by the impenetrable walls of a log cabin giving people anxiety that kept them from finding answers before the time ran out.

Sarcasma
Jun 5, 2011
We have clients coming in on Friday so we're supposed to step up our casual dress game. So I'm thinking that means I should wear a sports coat or cardigan with my team shirt, right?

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004
Is there an archive of the mystery pictures somewhere? I remember one year spending waaaaay too much time trying to figure out a cartoon character on one and I just remembered about it and now I am totally going nuts because I want to know what it ended up being.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Demonachizer posted:

Is there an archive of the mystery pictures somewhere? I remember one year spending waaaaay too much time trying to figure out a cartoon character on one and I just remembered about it and now I am totally going nuts because I want to know what it ended up being.

Speaking of which, gently caress you Monty Monk.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Kloaked00 posted:

I think you mean four fried chickens and a Coke

gently caress

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Demonachizer posted:

Join the IRC

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

People are in the chatroom analyzing the hell out of Blues Brothers. If you can help figure out things like this --

<+I_Greyhound> Can someone confirm the <object seen for a flash> for the <mm:ss> frame?

-- join the room and help out! Even if you don't wanna play trivia for the full weekend, sharing your expertise over this one movie could really help us out.

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon

Sarcasma posted:

We have clients coming in on Friday so we're supposed to step up our casual dress game. So I'm thinking that means I should wear a sports coat or cardigan with my team shirt, right?

On a similar note, on friday I have to go to Sweden's financial supervisory authority for work friday afternoon. I hope they like frog t-shirts and fursuits!

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Sarcasma posted:

And next year request time off, ya noodge

my cat is norris posted:

People are in the chatroom analyzing the hell out of Blues Brothers. If you can help figure out things like this --
I saw that ninja edit, now I want a joke team named "Help Confirm The Cheese ID"

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

HAHA I edited for top secrecy out of fear of our superiors.

Sarcasma
Jun 5, 2011

CrashCat posted:

And next year request time off, ya noodge

I already took more time than I wanted because they've been dragging me alonf with promise of a weekend day off since December so I could actually have a day off between work & school.

McStabby
Jun 26, 2007

LANA!!! CRUUUUUSH!
Come up with a mysterious 54 hour flu.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Oh my god yes I have an excuse to watch Blues Brothers every day this week.

grill youre saelf
Jan 22, 2006

NOOOOooooo. It's that time of year again in Stevens Point.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

The wikipedia article for the rawhide theme song was last edited in May 2015, so we can assume it has not been vandalized yet.

Someone get ahold of personal contact information for Carrie Fisher, we might need to ask her about her machine gun.

The mall chase scene was filmed in recently-abandoned (and not very old) dixie square mall in Harvey, Ill. It was trashed and they never fixed it up after the movie. It was torn down in 2012.

I assume someone is even as I post, documenting every single brand name of musical instrument in the store, and seen on stage throughout the film?

tecnocrat
Oct 5, 2003
Struggling to keep his sanity.

TRIVIA CHECKLIST:

* Friday and Monday off - Check!
* Massive amounts of unhealthy food - Check!
* Multiple computers so Chrome doesn't bog one down - Check!
* Someone else to take care of rest of family - Check!

Bring it on, Oliva.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Tim Peters posted:

NOOOOooooo. It's that time of year again in Stevens Point.

I wonder what it must be like for non-trivia players while their city gets taken over.

• Locked thread