Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

axleblaze posted:

Late but I just noticed that at the end of Tarzan Christopher Lambert is wearing a Speed Suit meaning that Rusty's instinct on what to wear was right on.

The Patriarch, the speedsuit Rusty was trying to order, is Christopher Lamberts. The tailor was saying that it was really difficult and annoying to make and he knew that Mr. Lambert also liked blue suits. The Morpho suit was the only thing available in time for the party.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

axleblaze posted:

Late but I just noticed that at the end of Tarzan Christopher Lambert is wearing a Speed Suit meaning that Rusty's instinct on what to wear was right on.

That was the best part of the episode: it turns out Christopher Lambert actually did want to hang out with Rusty! Rusty wasn't just bullshitting: he and Chris really did have fun at that party together and Chris was genuinely intrested in being his friend. He showed up, he was wearing a speed suit, he probably would have had a great time, but Rusty forgot to leave the door unlocked so there was no way for him to get inside. It's such a brilliant case of unknowning self sabotage, classic Rusty.

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
http://www.amazon.com/Music-Venture-Bros-Two-Thirlwell/dp/B01DER949S/

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Servaetes posted:

Oh man that Leila is excellent... can you maybe do the yellow eyes then when he gets all perky about brownies?

Like this?

Brownies? Yes, thank you!

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Mr. Nice! posted:

Kano was Morpho's pilot and crashed his plane.

How can you possibly believe that when we know that despite his racial handicap, Kano is a crackerjack pilot?!

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Maybe, and I'm going out on a limb here, the Morpho was going after the Orb.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

Maybe, and I'm going out on a limb here, the Morpho was going after the Orb.

THA TITTY THRILLER posted:

Could be that too. :shrug:

Edit: Maybe Blue Morpho, as the junkyard dog of Team Venture, went after the Orb on Jonas's order (because of some threat or something). Then Kano got an order from someone higher up in the OSI to take him out.

Pepe Silvia Browne fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Apr 9, 2016

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Or Jonas wanted it for himself, remember, he's a dick.

I did like how Red Death had zero problems finding the Morpho Cave.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

twistedmentat posted:

I did like how Red Death had zero problems finding the Morpho Cave.

Red Death has been around for decades and only actually works one night a year. What is he doing those other 364 days? Obviously he obsessively lives on the internet and learns every little bit about everyone he might encounter so that he always has the upper hand.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

Mr. Nice! posted:

Red Death has been around for decades and only actually works one night a year. What is he doing those other 364 days? Obviously he obsessively lives on the internet and learns every little bit about everyone he might encounter so that he always has the upper hand.

I'd think he had been working for a while and the whole one night a year thing was a relatively recent occurrence. Man must have knocked over quite a few banks in his youth to be living at the standard he does now.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
It seemed to me that Red Death, presumably in his 40's or 50's, probably ran into the Blue Morpho as a freah young villain, and presumably someone as well known among villains as BM just wasn't scared. BM metced villains in cold blood, plus if anyone hosed with him they probably dont even make it home before Team Venture (literally) curb stomped them.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Red Death is older than his 40s or 50s. He's basically this universe's Red Skull which means he's been Red Death since the 40s. General Gathers refers to him as a legend. Gathers has been around since tail end of the original venture days.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I'd assumed as he was a legit high tier magical villain with a 'very particular set of skills' he could just sense the location of the target of his animosity, like how Orpheus can sense the location of the Venture family

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

That was the best part of the episode: it turns out Christopher Lambert actually did want to hang out with Rusty! Rusty wasn't just bullshitting: he and Chris really did have fun at that party together and Chris was genuinely intrested in being his friend. He showed up, he was wearing a speed suit, he probably would have had a great time, but Rusty forgot to leave the door unlocked so there was no way for him to get inside. It's such a brilliant case of unknowning self sabotage, classic Rusty.

What if Brock locked the door when he went to Warriana's place?

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Brockblocked.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

Fluorescent posted:

Am I the only one who thinks that Dr. MTM is going to be into it when she finds out it's the Monarch that's offing everyone? There will probably be some stuff where there's conflict between her responsibility to the council vs. the Monarch but... I felt like that could be the case because a plot point that came up a lot in the last season is that she is disappointed in the Monarch's lack of passion for arching and being a legit super villain. Nothing says passion for villainry like killing a bunch of powerful people just to get to the guy you really want to arch. I'm sure it won't be that simple in execution, but I think overall she'd find it more positive than negative.

Just some thoughts I had after watching this past season. I thought this season was phenomenal. I think this might actually be my all time favorite season.

There's no way, as is, that Dr. Mrs. His Wife is gonna be down on it. He's been causing way too many incidents with way too many consequences for her. Even if it was all unintentional. His recklessness and destruction caused by his insubordination, all for a very petty reason, would just cut her to the bone. Especially when it's been shown that this new workload has been very stressful and time consuming. To put it simply, she works and works and does everything for him, and all he does is dump a bird carcass in the bed and shits on it. Like a really lovely present.

What I'll imagine they could do is have it so the guild is coming apart by all sorts of insubordination, rule breaking, and possible revolt. And she's faced with the proposition having to take very desperate measures to keep everyone in line, as nothing else has worked. And maybe the Sovereign had a secret death panel that kept the biggest troublemakers out of circulation, permanently. And maybe faced with the proposition of having to recruit some sort of enforcer, despite being unable to trust anyone. Out of nowhere, he husband's secret identity pops into her lap. She's furious about the lies and deceit, and all the trouble he's caused for her. But, the Blue Morpho is a very powerful icon among a new generation of villains, taken on a mystical quality. And paradoxically, now that the cat's come out of the bag, she knows that she can trust her husband to do anything for her. This is then followed by the introduction to his second sidekick, 'Ms. Morpho' (which is obviously what's gonna be in the third pod), who joins him on his new set of outings. This is then followed by the most intense Role Playing scene yet.

Thank you for reading my fanfic, please rate it 5 stars. Venture Bros is copyright Cartoon Network, Ms. Morph belongs to me, do not steal.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

The third pod has the supah dupah costume he used to seduce Dr.Z

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Third pod is full of toilet paper tubes.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

twistedmentat posted:

Probably. One of the best slow-burn subplots in the show is that Jonas Venture was a high-functioning sociopath, and the only one who will ever know is Rusty.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

LashLightning posted:

I'd think he had been working for a while and the whole one night a year thing was a relatively recent occurrence. Man must have knocked over quite a few banks in his youth to be living at the standard he does now.

I think another reason he's able to live such a luxurious life is because his wife is a legit celebrity. She made a cameo appearance at the party where Rusty met Chris Lambert, and when she got out of her limo people started taking pictures of her. I think there's a good chance that when the Monarch said she was a model he wasn't just saying that because she's pretty. She probably actually is some kind of wealthy/famious super model.

Man, Red Death really has it all doesn't he?

Bro Dad posted:

Probably. One of the best slow-burn subplots in the show is that Jonas Venture was a high-functioning sociopath, and the only one who will ever know is Rusty.

I'm pretty sure the other members of Team Venture knew Jonas was a sociopath, they just didn't give a poo poo. Hell, most of them seem like borderline sociopaths too. Case in point: We know we know for a fact that one of them killed a baby and another one of them seems to view the baby killing as some kind of a hilarious joke.

ApathyGifted
Aug 30, 2004
Tomorrow?

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I'm pretty sure the other members of Team Venture knew Jonas was a sociopath, they just didn't give a poo poo. Hell, most of them seem like borderline sociopaths too. Case in point: We know we know for a fact that one of them killed a baby and another one of them seems to view the baby killing as some kind of a hilarious joke.

IT WAS A WEREWOLF!

Wouldn't that still make it, like a werepuppy or something? Rodney shot a baby/puppy.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

ApathyGifted posted:

IT WAS A WEREWOLF!

Wouldn't that still make it, like a werepuppy or something? Rodney shot a baby/puppy.

He thought it was a damned ocelot!

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

it's in the mighty hands of steel
Fun Shoe
HE SAVED COL. GENTLEMAN'S LIFE, GIVE HIM A BREAK!!!!!

Edit:

I've been re-watching this season's episodes, and I don't know if anyone has mentioned this (or if I already did), but there was a very subtle but touching moment in that last episode. It goes by so quickly and is surrounded by just enough silliness that it's easy to miss. After Col. Gentleman tells Billy not to believe everything he reads in those comics (except where it says that he [Col. Gentleman] kicked rear end), he tells Rusty, "Don't be such a stranger, Rust. You're family."

I think it's kind-of neat that in the autumn of his life and after the loss of a few of his good friends from back in the day, he still wants to spend time with the grown-up man who used to be the little kid around whom so many of his great adventures inexplicably seemed to revolve. It's a touch of that pining for nostalgia that makes this show much more realistic and grounded than any show that features superscience, magic, and supervillains has any right to be.

It's one of the things that makes this show so much better than just a pale satire of some old cartoon.

tarlibone fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Apr 11, 2016

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Col Gentleman's breakdown in s5 is pretty heartbreaking. That whole episode where Hank and Dean go to live with Gentleman and Rodney is brilliant. Every character is written as a real person and it really sets up some brilliant comedy.

"Who the gently caress is Gary?" brings me to tears every time.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

multijoe posted:

I'd assumed as he was a legit high tier magical villain with a 'very particular set of skills' he could just sense the location of the target of his animosity, like how Orpheus can sense the location of the Venture family

I think it's more that Red Death is one of the few people in his universe who is extremely competent, that's all.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

axleblaze posted:

If I expect Rusty to be the unquestioned expert on any one thing, it would have to be speedsuits.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

redbackground posted:

If I expect Rusty to be the unquestioned expert on any one thing, it would have to be speedsuits.

Unethical sciences. Not evil or mad sciences through, just unethical.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

BexGu posted:

Unethical sciences. Not evil or mad sciences through, just unethical.
Yes yes, but you can't start unethically science-ing without looking the part first, though.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
I just caught up. Is 'Red Means Stop' supposed to be the season finale?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Waffleopolis posted:

I just caught up. Is 'Red Means Stop' supposed to be the season finale?

Yep :smith:

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

It's the end of the season at any rate. They said in an interview that they'd not use the word 'finale', since they're very aware that the season ends abrubtly like 80% of the way through the story they wanted to tell. They're just counting on more episode orders coming through.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
Has Adult Swim ordered additional seasons yet?

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer
Yes.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

it's in the mighty hands of steel
Fun Shoe

... where's the spot where it says the show was renewed?

Just because they're writing for it, that doesn't mean it's been green-lit or anything.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.
In 'The Buddy System' that kid at the end was killed right? Was the implication that Doc gave the parents a clone slug of Dean or Hank, or that he cloned the boy really quick?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

MrSlam posted:

In 'The Buddy System' that kid at the end was killed right? Was the implication that Doc gave the parents a clone slug of Dean or Hank, or that he cloned the boy really quick?

Quick clone job.

Mr. Big
Sep 26, 2006

BONK!
Good thing too, that kid was a ticking time bomb of cancer

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.
I hope he at least swapped the kid's original brain into the new body :ohdear:

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

tarlibone posted:

... where's the spot where it says the show was renewed?

Just because they're writing for it, that doesn't mean it's been green-lit or anything.

Jackson Publick said "And there was actually a little confusion for a while as to whether or not the Gargantua special counted against our 10-episode order," so it sounds like even the show-runners aren't always sure where they stand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Does the guild know that "Kano", the Morpho's henchman exists? It seems pretty obvious that he could have sent "Kano" to kill Wandering Spider to throw off suspicion so as far as they know Venture could still be the real Morpho.

They do have him on tape killing Harangutan