Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

This tennis pro had always wanted a Porsche. Not just any Porsche though, he wanted the Porsche belonging to the most popular man on Hampton Island. And he was willing to pay 50k for it this weekend! If only the man wasn't so busy with his two new friends.

Sophy Wackles fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Apr 9, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crowoutofcontext
Nov 12, 2006

A man dies after confronting the corpse of his green-skinned rival.

A famous barbeque in the deep south serves cooked human flesh to a detective.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Keith Atherton posted:

An untimely restroom break leads to a man losing his job

Fast Times at Ridgemont High

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm

crowoutofcontext posted:

A famous barbeque in the deep south serves cooked human flesh to a detective.

crowoutofcontext
Nov 12, 2006

:tipshat: yaw

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm
A playwright wants to put on a show about a couple that moves back to Love Canal. His roommate goes to extraordinary measures to help him realize his dream.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

MrUnderbridge posted:

Fast Times at Ridgemont High

Yes!

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm

Keith Atherton posted:

A well-timed serving of coffee leads to a man's promotion. :coffeepal:

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.

chmods please posted:

A married couple sets fire to a hardware store.

It's A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World

Nobody got this one:
After a scientist visits a government outpost, an expedition of six is launched to investigate remote territory. None return.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Mister Mind posted:

A well-timed serving of coffee leads to a man's promotion. :coffeepal:

Due to an unexpected downsizing in his organization, a man who makes coffee must leave his workplace to make a house call

After a dental procedure a man believes in God

The gift of an automobile part ultimately saves a man from execution

Cat Hassler fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Apr 9, 2016

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm

vortmax posted:

It's A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World

Nobody got this one:
After a scientist visits a government outpost, an expedition of six is launched to investigate remote territory. None return.

2001 (Two of them do return, kinda. Three, if you count the novel's third sequel.)

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul
These are still unguessed.

Centripetal Horse posted:

An ambulance driver attempts to cheer up a distraught patient by showing him something scary.

With the help of a girl who secretly has a crush on him, a loser transforms into the world's best volleyball player.

New ones:

A wayward container of milk plays a role in a series of unlikely accidents.

Two men are excited when their best friend is inducted into a private club they can never join.

An immigrant is not believed when he claims his criminal record consists only of buying dollars.

A man is knocked unconscious when the van he is in is hit by an unskilled parallel parker.

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm

These are still unguessed.

An ambulance driver attempts to cheer up a distraught patient by showing him something scary.

Twilight Zone: The Movie

BirryJoru
Mar 21, 2012

GRAMAGEDDON ISN'T OVER YET. SORRY.-RA TEHUTI :smuggo::smug::smugdon::grin::parrot:
A pair of friends stumble into a bio dome mistaking it for a mall in an effort to find a restroom ultimately learning the power of responsibility and teamwork.

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

Random Hajile posted:

I'm pretty sure it's Ferngully.

Yes and yes.

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

Fat Man Shits Himself In The Tub And Pukes Because Of It: Fat Man Shits Himself In The Tub And Pukes Because Of It.

Ren and Stimpire
Oct 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Two men are excited when their best friend is inducted into a private club they can never join.

Goodfellas

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.

Mister Mind posted:

2001 (Two of them do return, kinda. Three, if you count the novel's third sequel.)

Yes!

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

Wild T posted:

A rich old man on the brink of death sacrifices his entire empire in order to reconnect with his estranged family. He loses his son, and later his own life. Meanwhile one of his colleagues frets over the cost of the man's obsession while the other lashes out violently towards the family. When the old man dies, no one who cared about him was there to witness it. His family does not mourn him.

This has been driving me crazy all day because I feel like I saw this movie recently but have no idea what it is.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

Mister Mind posted:

Twilight Zone: The Movie

Yes. I am surprised that one survived for so long.

Correct.

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.

Mister Mind posted:

Has anyone said Universal Soldier yet?

No, they have not... Because they'd have been correct! I figured someone would get it at "loses his cool."

The rest I'll give:

A brand-new executive struggles to repair a company's public image. Forced to resolve internal politics and a hostile work environment the solution becomes to exploit a group of counter-corporate activists to destroy another executive's life work. It wasn't directed by Ridley Scott but Ridley, Scott appears in the film. There's not a single alien in the film but there is involvement by Weyland, Yutani.

Death Machine

A rich old man on the brink of death sacrifices his entire empire in order to reconnect with his estranged family. He loses his son, and later his own life. Meanwhile one of his colleagues frets over the cost of the man's obsession while the other lashes out violently towards the family. When the old man dies, no one who cared about him was there to witness it. His family does not mourn him.

Mad Max: Fury Road

A police officer struggles to survive after being gunned down and horribly injured by drug dealers. He's brought back from the brink of death, only to have an immoral businessman attempt to murder him yet again with his newest high-tech toy. He survives but is badly injured and almost killed yet again, this time by police.

Absolute Lithops posted:

Can you flyyyy, Bobby?

Nope. It's The Naked Gun

A man is knocked unconscious when the van he is in is hit by an unskilled parallel parker.

Could this be Snatch?

Edit: hosed up my own answer. Shameful.

Wild T fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Apr 9, 2016

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm

Mister Mind posted:

(to put my own spin on it...)

A smart and idealistic fellow is put in charge of an important project. When he realizes his instructions are in conflict he's forced to improvise, with...mixed results. (Nine years later he's given the chance to redeem himself, and does so.)

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

MariusLecter posted:

An Olympic team fairs badly. Lying down on a bed is terrifying for some.

Munich?

Keep Autism Wired
Feb 22, 2009

Kristen Schaal Lub Club
A man learns to love and accept his brother by exploiting his disability. Lots of repetition.

Keep Autism Wired
Feb 22, 2009

Kristen Schaal Lub Club
An unhappy married couple seek ways to satisfy their emotional needs. One partner infantilizes animals and experiments with lesbianism while the other power trips by fulfilling the innermost fantasy of "Dennis Reynolds" from Always Sunny

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm
A French garden gnome sets off to be photographed with famous landmarks around the world.

Keep Autism Wired
Feb 22, 2009

Kristen Schaal Lub Club

Mister Mind posted:

A French garden gnome sets off to be photographed with famous landmarks around the world.

amelie

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.

Keep Autism Wired posted:

A man learns to love and accept his brother by exploiting his disability. Lots of repetition.

Definitely The Rain Man. Definitely.

Keep Autism Wired
Feb 22, 2009

Kristen Schaal Lub Club

Wild T posted:

Definitely The Rain Man. Definitely.

:spergin::coffee:

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

Could also apply to The Wizard

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm

Oui!

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

Wanted criminals shoot and capture a respectable man before coercing him into destroying his life's work and turning him into a suicide bomber.

A woman struggles to take care of her household, while dealing with an adopted juvenile delinquent and a layabout spouse. The police appear at her door and spark a sequence of events that changes the entire family's lives.

A doctor struggles to get through to his most troubled patient. The patient lashes out violently in a situation that shatters the doctor's beliefs on what is truly madness.

These are all the same movie.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

MrUnderbridge posted:

Finding Nemo

ayup

Keith Atherton posted:

Due to an unexpected downsizing in his organization, a man who makes coffee must leave his workplace to make a house call

After a dental procedure a man believes in God

This kind of sounds like Anton Chekhov's The Bet but I'm not sure if that was made into a movie

And A Serious Man

An unhappy married couple seek ways to satisfy their emotional needs. One partner infantilizes animals and experiments with lesbianism while the other power trips by fulfilling the innermost fantasy of "Dennis Reynolds" from Always Sunny

Being John Malkovich

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Keith Atherton posted:

I was gonna guess Pulp Fiction for this one

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

a man commits a murder in the woods and gets his friends to lie about it to the police

a government agent murders a whole bunch of innocent people, but it's okay because they were racists

paperchaseguy
Feb 21, 2002

THEY'RE GONNA SAY NO

Wild T posted:

Wanted criminals shoot and capture a respectable man before coercing him into destroying his life's work and turning him into a suicide bomber.

A woman struggles to take care of her household, while dealing with an adopted juvenile delinquent and a layabout spouse. The police appear at her door and spark a sequence of events that changes the entire family's lives.

A doctor struggles to get through to his most troubled patient. The patient lashes out violently in a situation that shatters the doctor's beliefs on what is truly madness.

terminator 2

Random Hajile
Aug 25, 2003

Wild T posted:

Terminator 2

Keep Autism Wired
Feb 22, 2009

Kristen Schaal Lub Club

SciFiDownBeat posted:

Being John Malkovich

Keep Autism Wired
Feb 22, 2009

Kristen Schaal Lub Club

SciFiDownBeat posted:

a government agent murders a whole bunch of innocent people, but it's okay because they were racists

django?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

no, nice try though

• Locked thread