Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Enter the Gungeon is a fun game and both the criticisms leveled at it in this thread recently are, I can't think of the word, stupid? It's like a different game and it references a boss from a different game. The boss one is double pathetic because the game is chock-full of gun puns and the boss being referenced is iconic and fits nicely into the motif. There's also a boss based on a Beholder (god, such an old idea used in other games how unoriginal) and a Gorgon (same), so I guess it's good that person didn't bother to experience the game. Its fine not to spend money on something you don't like, but those are two pretty flimsy negs.

e: Here's a good criticism: It relies on luck a little too much, and not getting enough keys can really hamper your ability to beat the first few levels.

LawfulWaffle fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Apr 9, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

VoidBurger posted:

No proof, short of time traveling and being a fly on the wall during the assaults of every single person that comes forward about this, will ever be good enough to peeps like you anyhow so w/e.

I'm sorry, are you criticizing somebody for not taking a story that has explicit accusations of criminal wrongdoing against a person entirely on face value? I get it's called the "burden" of proof, but even in the court of public opinion, innocent until proven guilty is a wise adage to maintain.

Unfunny Poster posted:

He was also the guy who videotaped himself crying about Robin Williams dying, then uploaded it to YouTube and monetized the video.

This, however, is really all the proof I need that the guy's an rear end in a top hat.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I was watching the FemFreq stream, They played Drawful and Fantastic Contraption. They also did segments on their new project and talked with some devs.

It was cool and relaxed (as long as you closed the chat box)

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

LawfulWaffle posted:

Enter the Gungeon is a fun game and both the criticisms leveled at it in this thread recently are, I can't think of the word, stupid?

BAD NEWS ABOUT THIS THREAD, FRIEND

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

does the mass effect trilogy for ps3 come with all the dlc

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

oddium posted:

does the mass effect trilogy for ps3 come with all the dlc

TOP VOTED ANSWER
Xandagar answered:
Mass Effect Trilogy for the PS3 contains these DLCs:

Mass Effect 1 Bring Down the Sky mission, which is already inside the disc/digital version so you don't have to enter any code whatsoever.

Mass Effect 2 contains the same contents from the original PS3 version release, in which includes in the disc:

Blood Dragon Armor, Kasumi character and her Stolen Memory, Project Overlord, Lair of the Shadow Broker. Also includes the Cerberus Network code that unlocks: Normandy Crash Site, Zaeed character and his The Price of Revenge, Cerberus Weapon and Armor. Arc Projector weapon, Firewalker Pack, Mass Effect: Genesis. Mass Effect Genesis comic, in which it tells the tale of some events from ME1, is only accessed if you did not bother playing and beating ME1 and went straight to play ME2 instead.

Mass Effect 3 contains the Online Pass. The free DLC contents can be downloaded from the PSN store which are: The Extended Cut and all Multiplayer Maps.

The rest of the paid DLCs for ME2 and 3 are available at the PSN store.
3 years ago20

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I hear there's a blatant reference to Cerberus in Nuclear Throne, what a terrible game.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

All the worthwhile DLC from ME1 + 2 is already in the trilogy edition. The must have DLC for ME3 are From Ashes and Citadel (save this for after you beat the game). Leviathan is good and Omega is totally skippable.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

thank you for the answers. i'll dl"see" you later

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
I’m so furious. I’ve ranted about memes SO many times, and argh, it’s happened again. A game I was absolutely adoring is now a game I can’t play at all, because of a wildly memey boss fight.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Some people like some things, other people like different things

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

memey

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
meemaw's memes

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

This show was awesome. What is Drew Carey doing these days?

The price is right?

The gently caress?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

LawfulWaffle posted:

e: Here's a good criticism: It relies on luck a little too much, and not getting enough keys can really hamper your ability to beat the first few levels.
Something that has also been said about Isaac. If you enjoy a bit of gambling in your gameplay, you may enjoy these games more. If you're consistent, skill-focused, and hate games that aren't, then yeah, possibly not the game for you.

Or you could be extra motivated and enjoy trying to beat the bad deals when you get them. I've not got that kind of guts but I've seen people who do.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

VoidBurger posted:

Gaming Drama update (not Gamergate though):

Good(?) news: One of the guys who made The Stanley Parable is NOT losing his whole leg due to a car accident. Jesus.

Bad news: "Famous" Youtuber Tobuscus (who you might know as the EXTREMELY hyperactive, annoying poo poo that even Aisha Tyler couldn't contain her contempt for at the Ubisoft E3 show a few years back), loved by many children across the internet and now a guy who has his own toy in Toys R Us..... Surprise! He's a drugged up rapist! Wowwy. Other ladies are coming forward with similar stories as well.

Boy, this hell-month for games is relentless, huh.

Mods knew?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3XUCpfyKZg

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Broseph Brostar posted:

I’m so furious. I’ve ranted about memes SO many times, and argh, it’s happened again. A game I was absolutely adoring is now a game I can’t play at all, because of a wildly memey boss fight.

I though it was a great boss fight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmmQxXPOMMY

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Turtlicious posted:

This show was awesome. What is Drew Carey doing these days?

The price is right?

The gently caress?

He lost a lot of weight too, it's weird. Cocaine I suppose.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

8-Bit Scholar posted:

I'm sorry, are you criticizing somebody for not taking a story that has explicit accusations of criminal wrongdoing against a person entirely on face value? I get it's called the "burden" of proof, but even in the court of public opinion, innocent until proven guilty is a wise adage to maintain.
court of public opinion doesnt really work that way, and for me, "made a living playing video games" is already a red flag of character

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
apparently if your game saved too quick on the ps1 sony required that you lengthen it artificially

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Quest For Glory II posted:

court of public opinion doesnt really work that way, and for me, "made a living playing video games" is already a red flag of character

Same, but for 'played a video game once'.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the one great thing about phoenix wright vs professor layton is that you were basically fighting law in a court of public opinion

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Monetising a video you made about a dead celebrity doesn't bother me, I dunno

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Jay Rust posted:

Monetising a video you made about a dead celebrity doesn't bother me, I dunno
People were pissed when David Spade did it

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

People were pissed when David Spade did it

Don't know what exactly you're referencing but I do know that David Spade is a fuckboi

Not a Twat
Oct 11, 2010

Oops you almost got away without your Diddy

the one great thing about phoenix wright vs professor layton is that you were basically fighting law in a court of public opinion

i still can't believe that game had less actual magic than a normal phoenix wright game

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Broseph Brostar posted:

People elsewhere are praising the game for its humor, I don't think it's unfair to judge the game for promoting itself with lazy Family Guy references when that's supposed to be one of its selling points.

Besides, it's yet another indie roguelite which means people are gonna gush about it for a week and then spend the next year complaining about how unbalanced and poo poo it is just like they did with every other one.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZUnKy08oLI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guZL7uqWp9Q

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Guy Mann posted:

People elsewhere are praising the game for its humor, I don't think it's unfair to judge the game for promoting itself with lazy Family Guy references when that's supposed to be one of its selling points.

Besides, it's yet another indie roguelite which means people are gonna gush about it for a week and then spend the next year complaining about how unbalanced and poo poo it is just like they did with every other one.

I have never complained about BoI or Nuclear Throne or FTL. Gungeon isn't as good as any of those because of some issues (oddly even though according to corn says it as the same composer as NT, the music sucks in comparison) but it's still fun.

Also I like FeministFrequency it's enjoyable to watch and TotalBiscuit needs to maybe bloody chill.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Guy Mann posted:

so like, you're trying to get ahead of the curve by complaining about it sooner?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

LawfulWaffle posted:

You'd think that TotalBiscuit would be more interested in donating to cancer research than feminism.

I'll be honest, the way TotalBiscuit uses his health issues as a shield for criticism and way to galvanize his lovely followers, I wouldn't be terribly surprised if it came out he never had cancer and just made it up.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Lurdiak posted:

I'll be honest, the way TotalBiscuit uses his health issues as a shield for criticism and way to galvanize his lovely followers, I wouldn't be terribly surprised if it came out he never had cancer and just made it up.

When exactly did he use his health as a shield?

E:
Also, lol. Is this the extent of this new drama?

Paladinus fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Apr 9, 2016

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Thanks for the gamergate poo poo

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Paladinus posted:

When exactly did he use his health as a shield?

Every single time anyone's ever criticized him he makes a video talking about how horrible it is to deal with these ATTACKS while he is DYING OF CANCER.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Lurdiak posted:

Every single time anyone's ever criticized him he makes a video talking about how horrible it is to deal with these ATTACKS while he is DYING OF CANCER.

It's like saying every single time someone criticises a woman, she cries harassment, which is silly at best.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Lurdiak posted:

While I may not like or care about him I respect being so devoted to video games that even while dying of cancer he still finds time to have strong opinions about games on the internet and defend them to the death. Literally.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
It's crazy how effective anita and her crew are at brainwashing some of you. Tell us more about how you wish death on totalbiscuit because of some mild criticism he made of feminist frequency

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

oh my god all of you shut the gently caress up

• Locked thread