Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Im a little disappointed they didnt reprint blasphemous act

Same. I'll take it at mythic, idec. Card is hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
Man these flashbacks to BFZ standard make it painfully obvious how bad that Standard was.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

TheKingofSprings posted:

That'll last a month until standard gets figured out and the thread hates standard again

Yes that seems like literally exactly what they meant.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Not been watching coverage so far, anything interesting? I saw BW midrange being talked up, and it looked strong in the Verses Series videos I've seen.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
Sorry Cedric, CM Punk didn't *actually* take the title to New Japan Pro Wrestling, he just said he was gonna do it.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Angry Grimace posted:

Oh wow, I missed that cool Fiery Temper play and so did the coverage team.
For those of us not watching?

clamiam45
Sep 10, 2005

HIGH FIVE! I'M GAY TOO!!!!!!

Angry Grimace posted:

Sorry Cedric, CM Punk didn't *actually* take the title to New Japan Pro Wrestling, he just said he was gonna do it.

Is this an EDH thing or something?

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

odiv posted:

For those of us not watching?

Todd Anderson has Fiery Temper in hand, 4 red mana, a Thing in the Ice on 2, and the red merfolk that draws a card when you cast your 2nd spell. He's dead on board to a Reality Smasher and 2 Vile Aggregates. His draw for the turn is another Temper, which the Commentary guys are sure means he's dead. He cast the first Fiery Temper targeting Smasher, uses the trigger to madness the 2nd targeting his opponent, flipped the Thing, cleared the board, and died in like 2 turns anyway.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

I want to play Todd's UR Control so badly but I don't want to buy Jaces.

Why does it always come down to buying Jaces

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Press A to Protect Earth!

BizarroAzrael posted:

Not been watching coverage so far, anything interesting? I saw BW midrange being talked up, and it looked strong in the Verses Series videos I've seen.

BW Control/Eldrazi is neat and good, Avacyn is bonkers, various Human flavours. Current round is GB Tokens with Cryptolyth Rites (sp) vs Naya Midrange feat. Nahiri

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Irony Be My Shield posted:

I find the use of Drownyard Temple pretty interesting. It makes sense, if you bin it with one of the discard outlets it basically flashes back as a 3 mana Wild Growth.

e: in particular it's a good way to squeeze extra value out of Magmatic Insight.

Oh neat, didnt think of that.

clamiam45
Sep 10, 2005

HIGH FIVE! I'M GAY TOO!!!!!!

Count Bleck posted:

I want to play Todd's UR Control so badly but I don't want to buy Jaces.

Why does it always come down to buying Jaces

Decklist?

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Mr. Jive posted:

Same. I'll take it at mythic, idec. Card is hilarious.

Its hilarious and also unsurprisingly good in and against token decks.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
DFC's that are different card types on each face, only count front face for Delirium, right? Abbey only counts as a land?

E4C85D38
Feb 7, 2010

Doesn't that thing only
hold six rounds...?

jscolon2.0 posted:

DFC's that are different card types on each face, only count front face for Delirium, right? Abbey only counts as a land?

Correct, it only has the characteristics of its front face in all zones that aren't the battlefield. (Color identity for EDH is an exception.)

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

clamiam45 posted:

Is this an EDH thing or something?

Cedric was trying to describe the other guy in the booth jumping to a neighboring state to win the States championship and then taking it back home as being sort of like CM Punk winning the WWE title, quitting the company and then defending the title in New Japan Pro Wrestling. Not only did this not happen, he didn't exactly

It was actually a lot closer to Ric Flair taking the Big Gold Belt with him to WWF.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

jscolon2.0 posted:

Right. Anything in your graveyard is always front face up.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Jadine Klomparens has a Nahiri on board with 20 loyalty counters.

Meatbag Esq.
May 3, 2006

Hmm which internet meme should go here again?

Angry Grimace posted:

Jadine Klomparens has a Nahiri on board with 20 loyalty counters.

Not anymore! Ulamog ate it (when it had like 30).

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
I think if Jadine knew that 2 of her Declaration in Stone were on the bottom, she should have used Nahiri's ultimate to shuffle her library.

EDIT: Oh she won anyway because she's the best

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

I can't believe she actually won that game.

Meatbag Esq.
May 3, 2006

Hmm which internet meme should go here again?
Oh my god that game was nuts. Game 3 of round 5 of the SCG standard in baltimore.

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.
That game was bonkers, the board state was jammed on both sides and stalled with an Ormendhal on one side and a Nahiri on the other.

Captain Capitalism
Jul 28, 2009

For those not watching, she had two cards left in her deck. She flips a den protector to get back a nadir I, then untapped and attacks with 4 den protectors. Harlan blocks with Ohrmendal and Jadine uses dromoka's command to have it fight an Ulamog and die while putting a counter on an unblocked protector. Harlan goes to 4 life. And Jadine casts Nahiri, discarding Avacyn's Judgement and hitting for 4. Exactly.

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

is there a decklist for this event yet? I want to see these B/W Midrange builds

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004
:I
Craig Krempels just deadpanned that his sisters newborn baby looks like The Gitrog Monster, he's the new best commentator

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Dungeon Ecology posted:

is there a decklist for this event yet? I want to see these B/W Midrange builds

There appears to be a Deck lists link on the SCG front page but it only seems to lead to coverage. Flash player or whatever isn't compatible with my phone so maybe it's that.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

Terrible Horse posted:

Craig Krempels just deadpanned that his sisters newborn baby looks like The Gitrog Monster, he's the new best commentator

He's actually been pretty entertaining and has had some good banter with Cedric. Definitely the best out of the new ones, all the others have been really awkward or boring.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

haha that dude literally scooped his cards up at 17 life in response to a Languish.

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.

Angry Grimace posted:

haha that dude literally scooped his cards up at 17 life in response to a Languish.

Losing 4 creatures to a Languish with a Kalitas on board. That's back-breaking.

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

tiiiight about to send a card to EFro via PucaTrade. i mean i cant be positive but its def his full name and the address is in Las Vegas...looks legit

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Wow I'm so jealous!

I haven't had a desire to play modern since Detroit but I'm going to be stuck at the store on our modern night so everyone welcome the return of Hedron Crab mill.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Dungeon Ecology posted:

tiiiight about to send a card to EFro via PucaTrade. i mean i cant be positive but its def his full name and the address is in Las Vegas...looks legit

Let me guess: Goldnight Castigator

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Angry Grimace posted:

Efro is a speculator? Not surprising.

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

Angry Grimace posted:

yep, i even messaged him about it and was like 'whats the deal, should i ride this card to gravy town?' and he was like 'nah i just think the card is cool and good'

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST
Are there any good resources out there to read about pauper? I recently got started actually playing (with the duel decks) as opposed to reading about/watching magic, and I don't really want to spend a ton of money. I've found the metagame breakdown on mtggoldfish, but I know very little else about the format.

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.

Sickening posted:

Efro is a speculator? Not surprising.

Could just be building and testing decks for the PT.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Snacksmaniac posted:

Wow I'm so jealous!

I haven't had a desire to play modern since Detroit but I'm going to be stuck at the store on our modern night so everyone welcome the return of Hedron Crab mill.

A goon after my own heart. Apparently the store near my place (which I thought only did EDH/draft) did a Modern FNM Easter weekend that I didn't learn about until this past week :( I, too, would have been the mill goober in that room.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Traverse the Ulvenwald for Goblin Dark Dwellers seems pretty sick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land
Gooblin Dark-Dwellers is my favorite card in the format and I got a spontaneous erection when he did that, then I imagined that in a RBG list with Kolaghan's Command and now I know what I'm building for FNM

The value!!!!

• Locked thread