Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
is it a good idea to teach kids social justice in spanish class
gently caress you
this is some :laffo: stuff
:zoid:
social justice is totes good :nutshot:
lol no :secondpost:
you are offending xir feelings and zim will be very upset
the teacher was foolish for doing what she did
that's a hot tamale of a question :boom:
View Results

• Locked thread
That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

SurfaceDetail posted:

Someone made a whole point chart and a homeless, transgender, disabled white person had more privilege than an Arab Oil Baron.

screw arab oil barons everywhere

they're fukken buttholes I tell ya

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
soy cisgender heterosexual blanco cerdo

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster
Seriously though if it ain't white it ain't right.

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
All this poo poo really is just a way for entitled white people (and mind you I'm white) to try and one up minorities...

So shameful.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
Took the test in the op, got a perfect score. gently caress yeah, A+ privileged as hell. Ladies, line forms to the left

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Keep Autism Wired posted:

any coherent concept of privilege requires a shared understanding of ethnic, gender, and class stratification/struggle

any coherent gently caress of gently caress requires a shared loving of gently caress, gently caress and gently caress balls (penis)

TheWeepingHorse
Nov 20, 2009

Cockmaster posted:

On the other hand, the problem with "Some of these things should be taught at home" is that there are so many parents would teach their kids to be bigoted shitbags towards anyone who isn't 100% heterosexual, 100% cisgender, and the same religion as them.

Certainly true, and certainly a problem, but stunts like that have nothing to do with a solution. Kids are often raised on poor diets and without enough exercise, but that wouldn't be an excuse to force kids in a French class to keep a diary of their BMI. It's categorically inappropriate to turn a French class into that kind of project - it takes time away from, well, French, and also it's a personal intrusion. It would be doubly inappropriate if the views on diet and exercise were heavily skewed by a particularly small-minded read of a particular ideology. (I "believe" in privilege and so on, but I have no faith that that Spanish teacher would deal with the concept in a correct manner.)

And for all that, that inappropriateness has nothing to do with the general importance otherwise of proper diet and exercise. It's not a commentary on diet and exercise. It's just a question of whether or not you are teaching French class, or pretending that being a teacher means that you just plain own kids for 90 minutes a day, during which time those children are yours to mold however you see fit.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
that mother is sorely mistaken, that kid is still a bit brown lookin and in a hoodie

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
That teacher is muy idiota.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
ay caramba! heh

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
tacos sombreros guacamole salsa

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

suck me pene cabron

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Mi identidad sexual se convirtió en un meme de idiotas

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor

Sheep-Goats posted:

Please note that while all complex genders producing a zeta function of zero are posited to lie on the verticle line where the real component of gender is equal to one half this has not been definitively proven. It's a shame, since the distribution of prime genders has been shown to be related to numbers which lie on this line, which is further important to a number of useful gender theories.

Is there a millennium prize for proving or disproving this theory? Because if there is, that means that people with gender studies degrees actually stand a chance to make real actual non-burger-flipping money out of their degrees.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Cockmaster posted:

On the other hand, the problem with "Some of these things should be taught at home" is that there are so many parents would teach their kids to be bigoted shitbags towards anyone who isn't 100% heterosexual, 100% cisgender, and the same religion as them.

You're right. There are some parents out there that teach their kids beliefs that are different from yours. That's bad and we should stop it.

We'll start fixing the world in Spanish class.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

e: Chinatown shortlisted for Transportation Czar

can i be your secretary of state

that's like a head inquisitor right

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

soy cisgender heterosexual blanco cerdo

the otherkin thread is over there

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Apr 9, 2016

mr_cramalldees
Dec 14, 2015

Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Regence posted:

i like how muslims and sikhs are lumped together. they both wear turbans it's not like sikhs are #2 on the all-time leaderboard of kebab removal or anything

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

spacetoaster posted:

You're right. There are some parents out there that teach their kids beliefs that are different from yours. That's bad and we should stop it.

We'll start fixing the world in Spanish class.

I don't see how this "lesson" if you can call it that would somehow stop parents from teaching their children a Thing

Tubesock
Apr 20, 2002

she should have used the standardized test. how else are you supposed to check privilege across the states.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Tubesock posted:

she should have used the standardized test. how else are you supposed to check privilege across the states.

those poor muslim oil billionaires in saudi arabia

also lol at urban china being better than france

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster
Being jewish is the best religion

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
Woo 85 britches!
Edit : bitches. Friggen phone...

hey welcome to the show! fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Apr 9, 2016

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
why do people say "people of colour" and not just "people"

are they racist?

Simstim
Mar 16, 2005

You just gave me a great idea buddy.

Tubesock posted:

less than 30k only -25 points, seems the person who made this doesn't have much experience around poor people, what a suprise

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
2 pac was too poc for this world

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Tubesock posted:

-35, so i get my patreon dollers now?

Lil Bit O Vitriol
Jan 10, 2010

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

why do people say "people of colour" and not just "people"

are they racist?

Didn't you know that all peoples that aren't white operate exactly the same and would never be racist to a fellow person of colour?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

-35, so i get my patreon dollers now?

drat you have a lot of mitigating factors to make up for being retarded

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

Buglord

poisonpill posted:

Mi identidad sexual se convirtió en un meme de idiotas

see, now that is a good thread contribution

i'm surprised that not many people have tried to fill out the form just for the hell of it, or at least to photoshop in more humorous stuff

also seconding the amusement at sikh/muslim

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

The White Dragon posted:

drat you have a lot of mitigating factors to make up for being retarded

please use the term "brainfucked" you gwailo

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

lol, just loving lol

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

Buglord

Tubesock posted:

this is a dick survey

too much privilege if you're jewish and somehow having no religion makes you less privileged? gently caress that poo poo

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Hector Beerlioz posted:

2 pac was too poc for this world

:golfclap:

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

ArbitraryC posted:

http://queenofspainblog.com/2012/03/22/when-a-white-boy-wears-a-hoodie/

"My son wears a hoodie every single day to school. He covers his head faithfully and rarely hears friends say hello as we walk inside or adults saying good morning as he tends to be lost in his own world, muffled by the hoodie around his ears.
My son would do anything for his little sister and happily get her candy. He would even question any adult questioning him for no reason- as we have taught him to stand up for himself, speak out for what is right, and question authority. He would run from strangers. He would feel safe with a police officer.
I think.
My son, however, can do all of these things without fear. He is white. He ‘belongs’ in that suburb. He looks like every other white kid in the area and a ‘neighborhood watch captain’ would easily dismiss his walking down the street as a normal, every day occurrence. As would a police officer. As would the community.
As a white mother to a white son, I’ve never had to explain to him what he should and should not do when confronted by police. I’ve never had to talk with him about how the world views him or prayed he wouldn’t be next.

I have no right to send my son to school tomorrow morning in his hoodie without fear, when so many other mothers will be sending their sons off wondering if they will ever come home."

jfc I can't imagine being raised by such a parent. It's like one of those viral fb posts you see where a mother is really happy about publicly shaming her young son over his sexism. Like I get that these social issues are important but don't take it out on your 10 year old please.

I had a coworker in the Bronx that referred to every black male under 35 by using the newly minted pronoun Trayvon.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Lunixnerd posted:

Is there a millennium prize for proving or disproving this theory? Because if there is, that means that people with gender studies degrees actually stand a chance to make real actual non-burger-flipping money out of their degrees.

:bigwink:

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

lol at jew privilege

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

I think we should talk for a moment about how loving pale that kid is.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

Sp1r0_Agn3W posted:

lol at jew privilege

how is controlling the world economy not privilege? fool

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

op claims this is funny but its not funny and it is boring yaaawwwn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unlimited shrimp