Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elerion
May 31, 2011
Vaal Pact - not sure. Probably not worth it unless you are trying to do phys reflect maps. Losing life regen sucks. Ballistic Mastery is really good for EK, but really expensive to pick up, so probably not worth it.

+1 power charge is good, but you probably shouldn't spend more than 2 passive points grabbing that unless you're always maxed on charges. That means pick up Instability up north, maybe don't pick up Overcharge out west (at least until you're higher level).

After the life nodes (or before if you're on softcore and feeling frisky) I would go north and take the Written in Blood - Doom Cast - Force Shaper clusters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Tai posted:

So skip Vaal Pact/Ballistic Missile? Too much of a waste of passive points getting all that dex?

E - Should I bother trying to get 1 or 2 extra +1 power charges if they are close?

Power charges are your friend.

Unrelated but here's my latest guy. Quill Rain + Drillneck Barrage coc EK and Spark.
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/dis_astranagant/characters
I hit 75% crit with Barrage, 67% with the spells. I'm gonna grab Acrobatics next and start working on life. Might grab a +2 mana on hit jewel and a couple of Volley Fires. Nullification and sniper are looking awfully lonely in the middle of my tree, though.

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Apr 8, 2016

Touchdown Boy
Apr 1, 2007

I saw my friend there out on the field today, I asked him where he's going, he said "All the way."

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I've found 4 exalted orbs this league, 4 more then I've ever found before that, I feel like the extra clearing speed of the new/improved skills and ascendancy classes and there being more then a handful of viable builds is improving exalted orb drop rates.

Today I found another one. I can definitely get some decent gear in a few levels for maps :)

I am bad and havent bothered with any ascendency stuff yet and Im level 53. Dont even know how to do it!

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
tl;dr version: Complete the 6 trials (Act 1 - Upper Prison; Act 2 - Crypt Level 1, Chamber of Sins Level 2; Act 3 - Crematorium, Catacombs, Hedge Maze). Enter Labyrinth in A3 town. Try not to die because you have to start all over from the beginning if you do. Behold the new possibilities in build-making.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

once you do all the trials you can enter the labyrinth thing in the act 3 town in normal. you should probably crush it at 53

Touchdown Boy
Apr 1, 2007

I saw my friend there out on the field today, I asked him where he's going, he said "All the way."
Cool, I will give it a go. Thanks for the help.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

the only thing that might be tricky is the traps. having a movement skill like flame dash helps a lot. once you figure them out you can easily just quicksilver/hp flask through them

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Awesome! posted:

the only thing that might be tricky is the traps. having a movement skill like flame dash helps a lot. once you figure them out you can easily just quicksilver/hp flask through them

Assuming you have some Life. LL builds get fuuuucked by traps.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

yeah i am noob and a pansy and only play with life pools fit for william taft

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Awesome! posted:

yeah i am noob and a pansy and only play with life pools fit for william taft

:respek: Just wanted to make sure the other guy knew.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

oh cool i just learned what unique gives that lightning ball effect and it is super cheap. gonna get some use out of those skin transfers from my gambling boxes

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
you guys think a 2x consuming darks + pyre ice trap build would be good? probably right?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

I thought that was (one of) the Flavor of the Month build right now.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

whypick1 posted:

Yes, and it is really really strong.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

whypick1 posted:

well, gently caress.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Don't worry, you'll still be a unique snowflake, just one among thousands.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Alternatively theorycraft everything yourself, be barely able to clear mid-high maps, and have a fraction of the currency to your name.

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

When you play chaos ice crash, you will not give a poo poo about about being unique.

Korwin
Jan 24, 2011
Challenge, Items from Vendor Recipes, Any Rare Item
About what recipe are they talking here?

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

If you vendor 5 of the same rare base item type, you get another unID rare of the same base type, with (I think?) an averaged ilevel.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Firos posted:

If you vendor 5 of the same rare base item type, you get another unID rare of the same base type, with (I think?) an averaged ilevel.

ilevel is equal to the lowest input item. Only thing to ever average levels was talismans in the stone, I think.

Touchdown Boy
Apr 1, 2007

Wow it took me quite a whileto get through Lab. Ill maybe try the Cruel one now... I am poo poo at traps and will probably die the second they start to do any sort of damage though.

Korwin
Jan 24, 2011

Firos posted:

Thanks, alched some White belts I had to finally finish that one.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Touchdown Boy posted:

Wow it took me quite a whileto get through Lab. Ill maybe try the Cruel one now... I am poo poo at traps and will probably die the second they start to do any sort of damage though.

They do percentage-based damage, so they're doing as much now as they ever will

Touchdown Boy
Apr 1, 2007

Ah good to know. I thought they were awfully brutal for normal lol. Cheers.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

poe.trade's account age feature is pretty neat, says mine is 1470 days old.

I don't know what's worse, me still playing it this while later or GGG only releasing 2 acts since then.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
Well to be fair they have released aton of other things in the meantime- masters, atziri, div cards, labyrinth, like 15 leagues and officially expanding to the garena countries. Plus out of those leagues that have run a lot of content was rolled into the main game.

But yeah it's absolutely horrible that there were only 2 acts in four years :rolleyes:

nearly killed em!
Aug 5, 2011

it is still ridiculous that beyond isn't in the base game :colbert:

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Budgie posted:

Well to be fair they have released aton of other things in the meantime- masters, atziri, div cards, labyrinth, like 15 leagues and officially expanding to the garena countries. Plus out of those leagues that have run a lot of content was rolled into the main game.

But yeah it's absolutely horrible that there were only 2 acts in four years :rolleyes:

Wow Chris I didn't know you had an SA account

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

beyond was poo poo.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

baram. posted:

beyond was poo poo.

for poo poo builds sure, sorry your worthless special snow flake(BUT ITS FUN!!) build doesn't work in beyond.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Holyshoot posted:

for poo poo builds sure, sorry your worthless special snow flake(BUT ITS FUN!!) build doesn't work in beyond.

Yeah gently caress those who don't want to get all the life nodes, and multiple forms of damage mitigation.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Duck and Cover posted:

Yeah gently caress those who don't want to get all the life nodes, and multiple forms of damage mitigation.

yeah but unironically

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

Duck and Cover posted:

Until the fundamental defense meta dies (it won't ever), every build is bad unless it's rocking 5k+ life or 8k+ ES with at least one form of 20%+ mitigation. I've made a tonne of snowflake builds, but the one consistent thing that sucks about them is dying a lot in high-tier maps and never getting beyond lvl 89 or being able to reliably not waste 6 portals in a T14. I mean you're totally entitled to make a 3k ES trapper with 400 billion DPS but don't get upset when you faceplant into harder content and can't progress. Also, that 400 billion DPS becomes zero when you're dead.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010
Is there any good way to have a skill on left click without it interfering with movement as a caster?

Also at what level approx is good to move to cruel?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Hulebr00670065006e posted:

Is there any good way to have a skill on left click without it interfering with movement as a caster?

One trick I've heard is that you put a golem on M1. Won't actually cast unless you shift-click.

Just head straight in, but watch your resists.

Ada
Apr 22, 2014

Practice proper gun's safety.

Hulebr00670065006e posted:

Yeah you don't need to be too bothered by going to cruel. Just make sure your cold res is back up once you get to Mervail.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

nightwisher posted:

Until the fundamental defense meta dies (it won't ever), every build is bad unless it's rocking 5k+ life or 8k+ ES with at least one form of 20%+ mitigation. I've made a tonne of snowflake builds, but the one consistent thing that sucks about them is dying a lot in high-tier maps and never getting beyond lvl 89 or being able to reliably not waste 6 portals in a T14. I mean you're totally entitled to make a 3k ES trapper with 400 billion DPS but don't get upset when you faceplant into harder content and can't progress. Also, that 400 billion DPS becomes zero when you're dead.

I'm sorry I can't hear you over my 160k sparker. (with charges up,and onslaught)

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Is there an earthquake build that doesn't use mahori whatever hammer? I wanna attack things really fast, not slowly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
Not a good one, since that's counter productive to how earthquake works. Spamming it doesn't produce multiple aftershocks, so you want a single hard hitting one.

• Locked thread