Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Aerox posted:

Does anyone have HotE friend codes to share? I've basically been ignoring my RWs so it would be nice to have stuff that synergies

FTe5 my friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valth001
Jul 20, 2014

Aerox posted:

Does anyone have HotE friend codes to share? I've basically been ignoring my RWs so it would be nice to have stuff that synergies

Mine is e7Jy

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

ParliamentOfDogs posted:

Are you using a boostga?

Yes.
I mastered them both just fine but the fights felt like they were just dragging. Maybe it's that I'm used to having better weapon synergy from the last few events?

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I only just got this game today and I have no idea what 90% of the words on the last page meant, but I'm enjoying fighting enemies with Cloud and Kain and hearing the music from the games while I do it. I also assume I'm nowhere near strong enough to try the Tactics event battles, but it's kind of funny one-shotting everything including bosses in the Core levels with my five star sword I got.

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

My genre's thriller... What's yours?
So I'm guessing advance is pretty much finished but I still feel bad about swapping out my RW. Anyone still using #truth for advance?

I can swap in hand of the emperor, hymn of the faith or quistis' mighty guard.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
After missing out on how awesome Hand of the Emperor was for so long (i got it right when it first came out and only started using Leon when i got his SSB), i want to make sure i'm not missing out on any other potentially amazing SBs that i have.

My typical team looks like this:

Leon w/ Lifesiphon, Armor Break, HotE, SSB w/ Mako Might
Lightning w/ Drain Strike, spellblades, SSB & ace striker
Agris w/ Banishing Strike, Saints Cross, Cleansing Strike
Ramza w/ Full Break, Armor Break, Hail of Stones, Tailwind, High Scorer
Lenna w/ Curaja Protecga, Princess Favor, Flames of Wrath & Dr Mogs

Now, the only stuff i could be missing is wall and shellga. I feel like i have a shitton of boostga, hastega, medicia and regen relics, but none in a better combination than what i've got already (especially princess favor + flames of wrath, not having shout means i can't replace it with Divine Guardian).

Here are the relics i have:

Celes Soul Sabre
Galuf Thor Hammer
Garnet Storm Staff & Wizard Rod
Golbez Ebon Armor
Irvine Ulysses & Valiant
Kain Blood Lance
Kefka Lamia's Flute
Quistis Sephnir's Tail
Red XII Diamond Pin
Rinoa Rising Sun & Cardinal
Sabin Dragon Claws
Sazh Vega 42s
Sephiroth OWA
Snow Paladin
Steiner Ultima Sword
Thancred Ninja Chainmail
Tidus Brotherhood
Vivi Oak Staff
Warrior of Light Sun Blade
Y'Shtola Healers Robe
Yuffie Wutai Headband
Yuna Lullaby Rod

Any ideas goons? The game LOVES to throw medicia's and monk fists at me, but they are mostly worthless since they don't also include hastega.

Also, i updated my RW to be hand of the emperor. FoxU.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Twelve by Pies posted:

I only just got this game today and I have no idea what 90% of the words on the last page meant, but I'm enjoying fighting enemies with Cloud and Kain and hearing the music from the games while I do it. I also assume I'm nowhere near strong enough to try the Tactics event battles, but it's kind of funny one-shotting everything including bosses in the Core levels with my five star sword I got.

You actually absolutely are strong enough to do the early Tactics stuff; characters are easy to get on purpose for new players. (The Ramza fight is about as hard as the one that gave you Kain!)

The Tactics event has a slightly odd layout in that Agrias''s battle is harder than some, but with a nice meaty RW attack you can probably do it. The memory crystals (items that allow you to up a character's level cap from 50 to 65 and allows them to use Record Materia) might be a taller order, but if you level a bunch tomorrow during the Sunday EXP Daily you might be able to pull it off.

Absolutely pick them both up and take a big swing or two at the Tactics banner, all the items on there are amazing, especially for new players.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Twelve by Pies posted:

You can definitely do the early ones and get Ramza, possibly Agrias as well, though I think her level was a bit harder and might be beyond what you can do at this point. I still recommend at least trying for her before the event ends, but, yeah; at the least, the first two levels of it should be doable for you.

superloosegoose
Dec 26, 2008
So what's everyone's set up for the 2nd bonus fight?

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

Where were you? .... when they built that ladder to heaven...

ParliamentOfDogs posted:

So I'm guessing advance is pretty much finished but I still feel bad about swapping out my RW. Anyone still using #truth for advance?

I can swap in hand of the emperor, hymn of the faith or quistis' mighty guard.

Advantilate is still a perfectly viable strategy, particularly for people who don't have a great deal of synergy gear and/or hones yet. In fact I would argue that advantauntilate is significantly more powerful than Shout-meta in many contexts, and the Wiegraf fight is a pretty good example of this because of his multi-hit attacks and big focus on physical attacks in general. I absolutely murdered him with advance + gilgamesh using draw fire + retaliate on the first try without losing a single medal.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

My first 5 Star honed ability. :getin:

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

superloosegoose posted:

So what's everyone's set up for the 2nd bonus fight?

Draw Fire + Retaliate is very good here. Also, don't bother with Shellga or Magic Break/down, he's entirely physical (as far as I'm aware). Besides that, well, mitigation, the mastery requirements, and a lot of damage are all good; you may want stuff that can hit him while he's in the back row, meaning either ranged physical or magic attacks, but whether that's really necessary is entirely a matter of luck. I prepared for it and yet he spent maybe one full round in the back for me (in which he got smacked with a spell, a bow shot, and a ranged SSB), while other people have had a lot of trouble with him hanging back there. It's probably good to prepare for it and not need it, compared to the alternative, though.

Inge
Jan 16, 2007
SERIOUSLY THATS DISGUSTING I'M TRYING TO EAT
God drat, getting high scorer / ace striker and mana spring II to drop is killing me.

Got battleforged though!

Im going to try stacking shout with HotE from now on in bad synergy content. making GBS threads out around 100k of aoe damage in a single turn is just too good to pass up.

FeralWraith
Dec 17, 2007
Lurking Bastard
New announcement, looks like the gysahl green daily stuff is getting put in after maintenance Tuesday night. Yay, I guess.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

FeralWraith posted:

New announcement, looks like the gysahl green daily stuff is getting put in after maintenance Tuesday night. Yay, I guess.

Main thing is this means 66 free mythril for everybody over the course of next week.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
I didn't do this (Slow + some luck made Wiegraf lose before even stepping in the back row for my successful attempt) but would it be worth setting up Tauntaliate on Tyro since he can get long range weapons? If you have Shout or HotE RW Advance as well you'd probably still get decent damage out of him too.

Inge posted:

God drat, getting high scorer / ace striker and mana spring II to drop is killing me.

Got battleforged though!

Im going to try stacking shout with HotE from now on in bad synergy content. making GBS threads out around 100k of aoe damage in a single turn is just too good to pass up.

I spent so much time in that first FFX dungeon and still don't have High Scorer. I'm running low on characters who need RM drops so I'll probably be spending all of Sunday getting more people to 50/65.

I took some time out today to finally do the Gil Dungeon and grab the Mythril since we're getting new dungeons. Here's hoping Tidus actually drops something going through the new ones.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I think I can pull off one last 11-pull on Tactics with the 15-18 mythril we get on Wednesday and Thursday. Probably worth. Still need a Hastega after all. The rest will go towards saving for Basch, since FF12 is one of the few realms I have absolutely no relics for.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

SpaceDrake posted:

You actually absolutely are strong enough to do the early Tactics stuff; characters are easy to get on purpose for new players. (The Ramza fight is about as hard as the one that gave you Kain!)

The Tactics event has a slightly odd layout in that Agrias''s battle is harder than some, but with a nice meaty RW attack you can probably do it. The memory crystals (items that allow you to up a character's level cap from 50 to 65 and allows them to use Record Materia) might be a taller order, but if you level a bunch tomorrow during the Sunday EXP Daily you might be able to pull it off.

Absolutely pick them both up and take a big swing or two at the Tactics banner, all the items on there are amazing, especially for new players.

Yeah I decided to give it a go just because, and I noticed the lowest one was only difficulty 5 or 6, which my party is level 8 right now. I got 10 Greater Growth Eggs from it which apparently can bring any of my party members up to level 21. I guess then the issue would be that while I have some pretty nice Relics from the 11 Relic draw I did and the levels would be pretty decent, I still only have really basic abilities at this point.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

people they want us to fall down
but we won't ever touch the ground
we're perfectly balanced, we float around
til no one is here, do you hear the sound?

Lipstick Apathy
Hey guys, could use some advice here! I can beat the souped-up Gaffgarion, easy peasy, just not master it. I lose two medals to defense and one for actions, every time.

The game continues to reward me for gambling; I did a Cult of Three pull on the tactics banner, expecting nothing, and somehow it paid off with two rainbow orbs: the Nu Khai armband and Defender. Mastered the NK's SB so I could give it to one of my fragile mages ( thank you, game, I need all the non-heavy armor I can get.)

Here's my current set up, dependent mostly on who has good SBs:

Ramza: Hail of stones
Garnet: Divine guardian
Bartz: Trueblade legend
Vanille: miracle prayer
Agrias: hallowed bolt

RW: SSII or SG

Vanille has waterja because it's honed to four uses, and my other -ja spells are back at two.

What if anything should I swap out that might make me kick more rear end? The kongpakbao site suggested using retaliate, but none of my potential retaliators have decent SBs. (Still can't unlock Auron.)

I could drop sg for a shout RW, but considering I'm losing two medals for damage, not a great idea. Any suggestions?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
My current story dungeon team is Greg/Ramza/Agrias/Lightning/Tyro as I go through some FF5 dungeons. Agrias is carrying r2 Saint's Cross and r2 shellga while Tyro is carrying protectga and curaja (and SG). I just finished the normal Atomos level (yes I'm very far behind) and it took about 2 rounds. Shout+HotE on non-elite dungeons is simply unfair, Ramza did over 9k per hit with stone throw. Even if I go back for elite Atomos after dealing with the crystals in Moore I doubt Atomos is going to fare much better since it'd be easy to setup Shout+SG to fire right before clearing the pre-Atomos wave so that the fight begins with all buffs active and even without SBs you're looking at a bunch of base 300+ atk (400+ for gilgamesh) characters getting Shout+HotE damage buffs and then unloading with multi-hit skills since single target stuff will probably hit the damage cap.

Twelve by Pies posted:

Yeah I decided to give it a go just because, and I noticed the lowest one was only difficulty 5 or 6, which my party is level 8 right now. I got 10 Greater Growth Eggs from it which apparently can bring any of my party members up to level 21. I guess then the issue would be that while I have some pretty nice Relics from the 11 Relic draw I did and the levels would be pretty decent, I still only have really basic abilities at this point.

The freebie 5* weapon you started with is also likely good enough to use on your egged up character to get Agrias since you could lean on a RW for damage to kill bosses if necessary. Then tomorrow you can spend the day grinding the xp daily and getting a few (dozen) levels on a core of good characters. I'm not sure if you'll be able to push on and get the MC1s for Ramza and Agrias but if you can pull it off it certainly wouldn't hurt. Especially if you did an 11-pull on FFT and got relics for one or both of them.

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Apr 10, 2016

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

I'm so mad at not knowing MG was protectless. I took Protectga off Aeris so she could get us all killed!

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

My first real Ultimate beaten! :toot:

With Protectga, Shellga, SG, Breakdowns and Cleansing Strike Belias did almost no damage other then Lich.

Garnet and Agrias took out the demons with Diaga and Banishing Strike+Saint's Cross. Then it was just a matter of wearing him down.

I only Experted it though. Going to try again later, see if I can't draw some FFT weapons.

superloosegoose
Dec 26, 2008

Roland Jones posted:

Draw Fire + Retaliate is very good here. Also, don't bother with Shellga or Magic Break/down, he's entirely physical (as far as I'm aware). Besides that, well, mitigation, the mastery requirements, and a lot of damage are all good; you may want stuff that can hit him while he's in the back row, meaning either ranged physical or magic attacks, but whether that's really necessary is entirely a matter of luck. I prepared for it and yet he spent maybe one full round in the back for me (in which he got smacked with a spell, a bow shot, and a ranged SSB), while other people have had a lot of trouble with him hanging back there. It's probably good to prepare for it and not need it, compared to the alternative, though.

Wow he went down like a sack of potatoes.

So what's the plan for the ultimate battle? Is it harder than the Leblanc ultimate?

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!

Twelve by Pies posted:

Hi new player, though lurking around will teach you all of the terms and acronyms people throw around eventually, here are the ones you will most commonly encounter along with a quick word what they mean and how they're relevant:

SB: Soul Break, basically Limit Breaks; SSB: Super Soul Break, like Soul Breaks but (generally) better; BSB: Burst Soul Break, another step above Super Soul Breaks that come packaged with Haste, a boost to stats and special commands that replace Attack and Defend.
Trinity: a term used to describe three very potent effects that can only be obtained via Soul Breaks, namely: Wall, a huge boost to Defense and Resistance that stacks with Protect and Shell; Hastega, which is Haste on everybody; and Medica, which are party heals.
RW: Roaming Warrior, the friends/randos whose Soul Breaks you pick before heading into a dungeon. Since you can get any Soul Break you can think of thanks to Roaming Warriors, they're a great way to pick up a piece of the Trinity that you don't have. When you're starting out, though, it's best to just have fun summoning All Target damage Roaming Warriors and one-shot bosses. Also worth noting is that using a Burst Soul Break via Roaming Warrior gives whoever used the command the Burst effect, including the special commands. Fun when starting out.

There's tons of advice for new players out there but the best one I can give you is, if you're still getting the Anniversary gifts and get Souls of a Hero, hold on to them and see what items, and consequently what SBs, you draw with your Mithril. I was foolish and blew my Souls before items started coming in and since you can't guarantee which items you're going to get, I have two SSBs and two sources of Medica rotting in my inventory with me unable to purchase the characters that could make use of them.

Cape Cod Crab Chip fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Apr 10, 2016

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

superloosegoose posted:

So what's the plan for the ultimate battle? Is it harder than the Leblanc ultimate?

Its easier than Leblanc, or it was for me. As long as you have some aoe.

I used Ruinga, rank 2 Alexander that I made and honed just for the fight, and blade blitz. Once the adds are down Belias doesn't do much to you with mitigation up.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

superloosegoose posted:

It's easier (provided you can kill the adds quickly), but mastering it was harder for me, personally, as you can't afford as much medal loss. You'll likely want Protectga, Shellga, and probably Magic Breakdown (Belias's magic is far more dangerous than his physical stuff), plus a wall as usual, for mitigation. You need at least one holy thing for damaging a demon before they die for mastery. AoE stuff is good, and with Shout Saint Cross should hit the demons for 9999 twice so even if you don't have it honed it might be worth bringing just to help burst down those assholes early. After the demons are down it's just a matter of keeping mitigation up and killing Belias before he racks up enough AoE damage to lose you too many medals; he's really not a threat unless you get very unlucky. Poison is also really good against Belias, doing well over 3k a tick, and he's also vulnerable to slow so that's good too; he'll get a lot of actions in without it.

Since I didn't want to make Alexander (well, I kind of did, but didn't want to use holy orbs intended for SC), I wound up giving Zidane Mako Might and opening with Shift Break, Vivi used Ruinga, and Beatrix finished them off with Saint Cross or Banishing Strike (one with the former, two with the latter since by that point SC would have been overkill so the other SC charge I had could go to Belias instead) to kill them extremely quickly, then just focused down Belias. Someone who has better options than I do won't need to use my weird strategy, though. (Not that it wasn't effective; between Shift Break taking off half the demons' HP round one and weakening them, as well as being good damage later in the fight as well, and being able to use both Poison Shell and Tempo Flurry, Zidane was my MVP this ultimate.)

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Apr 10, 2016

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

By the way, I hear that the upcoming FF3 event's relics aren't that good? It seems lame because FF3 is one of the few realms still getting updates in the future, and I don't want to suffer there.

superloosegoose
Dec 26, 2008

Roland Jones posted:

It's easier (provided you can kill the adds quickly), but mastering it was harder for me, personally, as you can't afford as much medal loss. You'll likely want Protectga, Shellga, and probably Magic Breakdown (Belias's magic is far more dangerous than his physical stuff), plus a wall as usual, for mitigation. You need at least one holy thing for damaging a demon before they die for mastery. AoE stuff is good, and with Shout Saint Cross should hit the demons for 9999 twice so even if you don't have it honed it might be worth bringing just to help burst down those assholes early. After the demons are down it's just a matter of keeping mitigation up and killing Belias before he racks up enough AoE damage to lose you too many medals; he's really not a threat unless you get very unlucky. Poison is also really good against Belias, doing well over 3k a tick, and he's also vulnerable to slow so that's good too; he'll get a lot of actions in without it.

Since I didn't want to make Alexander (well, I kind of did, but didn't want to use holy orbs intended for SC), I wound up giving Zidane Mako Might and opening with Shift Break, Vivi used Ruinga, and Beatrix finished them off with Saint Cross or Banishing Strike (one with the former, two with the latter since by that point SC would have been overkill so the other SC charge I had could go to Belias instead) to kill them extremely quickly, then just focused down Belias. Someone who has better options than I do won't need to use my weird strategy, though. (Not that it wasn't effective; between Shift Break taking off half the demons' HP round one and weakening them, as well as being good damage later in the fight as well, and being able to use both Poison Shell and Tempo Flurry, Zidane was my MVP this ultimate.)

Thanks! This will be very helpful once I get 9 more stamina... I blew my last 5 mithril on a pull that didn't get me a platinum blade. I imagine faris' -50% atk/mag vs all targets sb will be helpful.

Has anyone tried out vivi's rm2? I'm curious to know how much damage it does vs the auto-dia rm equivalent

After this event, when will we see platinum blade show up again in a relic pull? Never?

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost

Alxprit posted:

By the way, I hear that the upcoming FF3 event's relics aren't that good? It seems lame because FF3 is one of the few realms still getting updates in the future, and I don't want to suffer there.
Luneth's SSB is 8x97 singletarget, with a partywide defense up buff (50%)
Luneth's SB is 4x128 singletarget, with a ~59%% chance to stun
Ingus's SB is Lunatic High, partywide Protect/Haste
Arc's SSB is partywide Shell/Heavy Regen/Magic Blink
Arc's SB is a medium medica with a partywide resistance up buff (50%)
Refia's SB is a 1x 340 potency AoE Magic Breakdown, nothing to write home about
Desch's SB is Lightning affinity + 235x4 AoE lightning damage

With the exception of stacking Advance with Luneth's SSB, the rest are pretty mediocre all around. If you pull, it's for synergy and not the SBs.

Varance fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Apr 10, 2016

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Inge posted:

Mana Spring II is a guaranteed drop if you defeat Hein's Castle with Black Mage in the party without dying.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

superloosegoose posted:

Thanks! This will be very helpful once I get 9 more stamina... I blew my last 5 mithril on a pull that didn't get me a platinum blade. I imagine faris' -50% atk/mag vs all targets sb will be helpful.

Has anyone tried out vivi's rm2? I'm curious to know how much damage it does vs the auto-dia rm equivalent

After this event, when will we see platinum blade show up again in a relic pull? Never?

His RM2, Devotion, is great and is generally what I run on him; it's a really good mage RM. His RM3, which is the attack one, is... Well, it's decent for autobattling if you don't want to swap him out, but the attacks from it, while superior to ordinary attacks, are drastically inferior to his spells. Use it if you want to autobattle with him, I guess, or want to save hones for the boss in a dungeon. It's neat but not generally useful.

And the Platinum Sword does return I think, just not for a while. Tactics events aren't the most common ones, though I think it shows up on some festival banners too and whatnot.

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
3 pull, Platinum Sword. Alright alright alright alright.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

So before I finish the FFT event, I thought to try for Cloud's RM2. Any advice besides slow?

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

superloosegoose posted:

I did the same thing with Fran's Shatterheart to make up for a Wall and it works pretty well. While Belias resists breaks, the minions don't.

Varance posted:

Luneth's SSB is 8x97 singletarget, with a partywide defense up buff (50%)
Luneth's SB is 4x128 singletarget, with a ~59%% chance to stun
Ingus's SB is Lunatic High, partywide Protect/Haste
Arc's SSB is partywide Shell/Heavy Regen/Magic Blink
Arc's SB is a medium medica with a partywide resistance up buff (50%)
Refia's SB is a 1x 340 potency AoE Magic Breakdown, nothing to write home about
Desch's SB is Lightning affinity + 235x4 AoE lightning damage

With the exception of stacking Advance with Luneth's SSB, the rest are pretty mediocre all around. If you pull, it's for synergy and not the SBs.

It looks like Desch also gets a HotE with self-damage, but I can't find any info to see if it's more effective or not.

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Mana Spring II is a guaranteed drop if you defeat Hein's Castle with Black Mage in the party without dying.

I should have noticed the Mana Spring the first time I commented on this, but I drew this up for myself to help me track special RMs that drop before the MC2.

I think it has some unreleased RMs (Quina's and the Core characters) but I think it's pretty comprehensive. Doesn't discriminate based on what the RM is though, but other then the ones I have bolded and Tidus, Decil (for Pride of the Red Wings later), Cloud (for Mako Might later), White Mage, Black Mage and Summoner are probably the best to chase, although maybe someone else has a better idea.

pichupal fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Apr 10, 2016

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
Whats the best way to maximize xp game tomorrow? Just do the highest level? Or is there a better way perhaps by running lower levels to maximize egg drops?

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Nap Ghost
Fresh videos from the latest JP FF6 event:

Celes's BSB: (yes, it's the Opera) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxGhGt51di8
Terra's 2nd SSB: (Magitek Beam) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6PZacYwktU
Gau's SSB: (Rage: Meteor) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Up8uIVaiyCo

Varance fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Apr 10, 2016

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Erdricks posted:

Whats the best way to maximize xp game tomorrow? Just do the highest level? Or is there a better way perhaps by running lower levels to maximize egg drops?

The highest level is the outright best, yeah. Only level where 3* Growth Eggs have a chance at being dropped, too. So if you can do it, do it.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

widespread posted:

So before I finish the FFT event, I thought to try for Cloud's RM2. Any advice besides slow?

I think you can Berserk Jenova to make it easier? I can't remember too much from it.

Varance posted:

Fresh videos from the latest JP FF6 event:
Celes's BSB: (yes, it's the Opera) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxGhGt51di8

I want this.

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Nap Ghost

pichupal posted:

I want this.
On top of the animation, the bouquet throw is a partywide MAG/ATK buff. Pretty awesome!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Erdricks posted:

Highest level you can handle is the best yeah. Plus if I have a specific character I'm leveling I'll throw all the eggs I get from the dungeon towards that char as well. So assuming no drops that character gets a bonus 50k xp from eggs at the end of the run.

I actually don't think I'm going to do the sundaily tomorrow though, I think I'm going to keep working on story dungeons. I leveled enough (for now) during orbfest. I'm done with FFT so Agrias/Ramza don't need levels and my VI characters are in a good place.

• Locked thread