Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm
The unexpected discovery of an advanced primate capable of speech upsets society's understanding of biology and temporal mechanics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keep Autism Wired
Feb 22, 2009

Kristen Schaal Lub Club

Mister Mind posted:

The unexpected discovery of an advanced primate capable of speech upsets society's understanding of biology and temporal mechanics.

planet of the apes the musical starring troy mcclure

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Any takers for this one?

Keromaru5 posted:

The leader of a formidable army decides to give his enemies a hand.

theSpokeyDokey
Jul 19, 2005

SciFiDownBeat posted:

a government agent murders a whole bunch of innocent people, but it's okay because they were racists

Kingsman: The Secret Service

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm

Keep Autism Wired posted:

planet of the apes the musical starring troy mcclure

"The only danger is if they send us to that terrible Planet of the Apes. Wait a minute... Statue of Liberty... that was our planet! You maniacs, you blew it up! drat you! drat you all to hell!"

crowoutofcontext
Nov 12, 2006

The possibly demented owner of a large company known for it's lack of transparency allows several observers into his facilities all of whom experience first hand horrible work place accidents.

An owner of an un-opened institution whose lack of transparency is so thick that the public is unaware of its existence invites several observers into his facilities all of whom experience first hand deadly work place accidents.

A late night funk/soul/disco radio DJ puts out a false hit after a man is murdered in New York, and is able to correct herself in the morning before the falsely accused are killed.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

crowoutofcontext posted:

The possibly demented owner of a large company known for it's lack of transparency allows several observers into his facilities all of whom experience first hand horrible work place accidents.

Willy Wonka

Edit: #2 is Jurassic Park

The X-man cometh fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Apr 9, 2016

crowoutofcontext
Nov 12, 2006

Correct

An owner of an un-opened institution whose lack of transparency is so thick that the public is unaware of its existence invites several observers into his facilities all of whom experience first hand deadly work place accidents.

A late night funk/soul/disco radio DJ puts out a false hit after a man is murdered in New York, and is able to correct herself in the morning before the falsely accused are killed.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

karn1635 posted:

Kingsman: The Secret Service

yeah!

abandoned by their owner and facing fiery annihilation, a group of slaves are saved by aliens

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Some guesses for these but no correct answers yet. I'll add some hints.

Due to an unexpected downsizing in his organization, a man who makes coffee must leave his workplace to drop in uninvited on a meeting. Many die.

After a dental procedure a man hears the voice of God. Answer: Real Genius guessed by paperchaseguy

The gift of an automobile accessory ultimately saves a man from execution.

The first and third are based on true stories. All were major studio releases

Cat Hassler fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Apr 9, 2016

Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe

crowoutofcontext posted:

The Warriors

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

SciFiDownBeat posted:

yeah!

abandoned by their owner and facing fiery annihilation, a group of slaves are saved by aliens

Toy Story 3

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

yeah!

a strange creature lives a simple life in a comfy home with plenty of food... until an intrepid human breaks into its abode to steal a precious treasure.

crowoutofcontext
Nov 12, 2006

The X-man cometh posted:

Edit: #2 is Jurassic Park

yes yes yes

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
A pair of young students seek entrance into an elite Ivy League institution, and become key members in defeating a conspiracy run by high level officials.

paperchaseguy
Feb 21, 2002

THEY'RE GONNA SAY NO

Keith Atherton posted:

After a dental procedure a man hears the voice of God.

real genius

paperchaseguy posted:

A civil war veteran pursues his son's abductor. However, his last request is denied before he is executed.
Hint: not the American civil war hint2: not an American movie

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Correct!!!

crowoutofcontext
Nov 12, 2006

A struggling farming couple invest in faulty technology to make ends meet. The business fails however, and they lose everything.

crowoutofcontext
Nov 12, 2006

The X-man cometh posted:

A pair of young students seek entrance into an elite Ivy League institution, and become key members in defeating a conspiracy run by high level officials.

How High

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

Not quite

Ren and Stimpire
Oct 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

crowoutofcontext posted:

Willy wonka

Jurassic Park

The Warriors

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
A CEO gets an eye opening lesson about planned obsolescence

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
A suicide bomber kills some cops in new York and is idolized by a little girl for it.

crowoutofcontext
Nov 12, 2006

Marshall Louis posted:

Willy wonka

Jurassic Park

The Warriors

Yaw

A struggling Yorkshire farming couple, who produce eggs for a living, invest in faulty technology to make ends meet. The business fails however, and they lose everything.

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm
A "dead" man's dead "son" realizes that tic-tac-toe is a bullshit waste of time; prefers chess.

paperchaseguy
Feb 21, 2002

THEY'RE GONNA SAY NO

Mister Mind posted:

A "dead" man's dead "son" realizes that tic-tac-toe is a bullshit waste of time; prefers chess.

greetings professor falken

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

Mister Mind posted:

This movie is almost single-handedly responsible for me being a computer geek.

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm

paperchaseguy posted:

greetings professor falken

Centripetal Horse posted:

This movie is almost single-handedly responsible for me being a computer geek.

(nukes Seattle, nukes Las Vegas, pisses on a spark plug)

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Due to an unexpected downsizing in his organization, a man who makes coffee must leave his workplace to drop in uninvited on a meeting. Hundreds, maybe thousands of people are killed in the aftermath

The gift of an automobile accessory ultimately saves a man from execution.

Both are true stories and involve civil wars

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

Pawn 17 posted:

This tennis pro had always wanted a Porsche. Not just any Porsche though, he wanted the Porsche belonging to the most popular man on Hampton Island. And he was willing to pay 50k for it this weekend! If only the man wasn't so busy with his two new friends.

Weekend at bernies

Mr. Belpit
Nov 11, 2008
A marksmanship champion thinks she's found her long-lost biological brother and mother. Just as she's about to betray her lover, she learns her "mother" is actually her mother's twin sister, born 10 years later and who killed the real mother, and her "brother" was adopted.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

ymgve posted:

A CEO gets an eye opening lesson about planned obsolescence

Blade Runner

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Two uncouth friends go to sell sperm for cash, but hear of another opportunity and pursue that instead.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

zimbomonkey posted:

Weekend at bernies

Nice, thought I was going to have to put more hints!

BirryJoru
Mar 21, 2012

GRAMAGEDDON ISN'T OVER YET. SORRY.-RA TEHUTI :smuggo::smug::smugdon::grin::parrot:
A depressed woman loses her house after failing to open her mail. Later she steps on a nail and has sex in a motel with a racist married cop.
The House of Sand and Fog

After witnessing his dad's hanging body in the basement of his house the arrival of a new fast food chain sees that a local, autistic child who loves climbing, is employed.
What's Eating Gilbert Grape?
I really thought this might be guessed.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

crowoutofcontext posted:

Yaw

A struggling Yorkshire farming couple, who produce eggs for a living, invest in faulty technology to make ends meet. The business fails however, and they lose everything.

[ Spoiler]Chicken Run [/spoiler]

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Red Oktober posted:

Blade Runner

Correct!

crowoutofcontext
Nov 12, 2006

MrUnderbridge posted:

[ Spoiler]Chicken Run [/spoiler]

It's true.

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

A group of submariners discover a malfunctioning radio.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

An elderly man returns to his former workplace and is taught an exciting new use for newspapers by a younger colleague.

• Locked thread