Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
The Tonio episode will be bad because it won't last forever and won't have the whole cast of Parts 3 and 4 having Italian food.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I put that Kira/Dragonball ED video over the English version of the Dragonball ED cause that one is way way better

http://www.youdubber.com/index.php?video=OWcu87c8nRI&video_start=0&audio=BkdO0pIHGFM&audio_start=0

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

PeaceDiner posted:

I watch JoJo with my parents, so I thought it'd be interesting to give some of their thoughts on the anime as they watch.

- My mom prefers Josuke over Jotaro; she never really liked Jotaro's attitude. My dad didn't give his opinion on the subject, but did say he likes Jotaro in white. He also said that Joseph is still his favorite JoJo, despite the whole affair thing.
- My dad mentioned that the show now looks more "anime," and that previous parts looked more "cartoon." My mom and I said it's probably because of the fact that this in when the artstyle got less brick shithouse and more realistic in proportions (comparatively).
- My mother believed that Angelo was going to be this season's "Dio," but that idea was squashed when Angelo got rocked, and she's interested to see who the big bad is. She told me she wasn't sure if she'd like that this season was centered in a single location, since she liked the traveling aspect of part 3.

Watching with them is pretty interesting, and it's going to be fun to see how they react to things in the future. If you can, convince your parents to watch JoJo.
I hope this guy continues to watch Jojo with his parents.

Tangentially, I'm gonna be interested to see the newcomer reactions to Kira.

Astro Ambulance
Dec 25, 2008

I wonder if Tonio could help Oku's dad.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!
Rereading Part 4, I kind of hope they swap the order of "Yukako Yamagishi Wants To Be Like Cinderella" and "Kira Yoshikage Just Wants A Quiet Life" in the anime, so that Shigechi and Aya each get a story arc between their appearance and their death. It would make it seem more reasonable that the rest of the Duwang Gang would have known them well enough to care about them as actual people Kira murdered instead of more statistics he contributed to Morioh's abnormally high murder rate.

On a completely unrelated note, my appetizer tonight:

Let me tell you, my shoulders feel great right now.

The Sandman fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Apr 10, 2016

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Astro Ambulance posted:

I wonder if Tonio could help Oku's dad.

That's an interesting thought but I don't think he could for the same sort of reason that Josuke can't; dad's not ill and he's not broken, he's just mutated into something else entirely. Tonio's meals would make any issues with the mutated form feel better (say, monster pops has a monster tummyache) not restore him in any way.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

The Sandman posted:

Rereading Part 4, I kind of hope they swap the order of "Yukako Yamagishi Wants To Be Like Cinderella" and "Kira Yoshikage Just Wants A Quiet Life" in the anime, so that Shigechi and Aya each get a story arc between their appearance and their death. It would make it seem more reasonable that the rest of the Duwang Gang would have known them well enough to care about them as actual people Kira murdered instead of more statistics he contributed to Morioh's abnormally high murder rate.

On a completely unrelated note, my appetizer tonight:

Let me tell you, my shoulders feel great right now.

this was always like the one dish I didn't really like the concept of in Tonio's. It seems like it would have two incredibly strong tastes that may not mix together well. Is the secret in the dressing?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Stallion Cabana posted:

this was always like the one dish I didn't really like the concept of in Tonio's. It seems like it would have two incredibly strong tastes that may not mix together well. Is the secret in the dressing?

Mozzarella isn't that strong, and that's basically a traditional pizza topping anyway.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Stallion Cabana posted:

That's a caprese salad. It's a traditional Italian dish, and it's delicious.

the vinegar cuts through the sweetness of the tomatoes, and they both balance the fattiness of the mozzarella. the basil just ties it all together.

E: and yeah basil, tomato and cheese is just a gluten-free version of pizza when you think about it.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the idea is having fresh mozzarella mixed with fresh slices of tomato, overall making for a crisp-tasting meal. it's not the same if the two components haven't basically just been made or cut right before being served. and yeah, mozzarella isn't exactly an overpowering variety of cheese, especially if it's of that variety.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Tomato and Cheese are just a pretty strong combo all-around, this particular version is really good but if you think about it there's probably a lot of food you eat that has some form of tomato and cheese interacting.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Italian food is real good and Araki was correct in giving it multiple chapters in DiU.

Also I dunno why you guys think more than a couple stragglers will hate on Let's Eat Italian Food, because it's both pretty funny and pretty tense. Most of the "monsters of the week" in Part 4 are more interesting than the ones in early part 3, and they feel more like small stories than roadblocks for the gang.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Dias posted:

Italian food is real good and Araki was correct in giving it multiple chapters in DiU.

Also I dunno why you guys think more than a couple stragglers will hate on Let's Eat Italian Food, because it's both pretty funny and pretty tense. Most of the "monsters of the week" in Part 4 are more interesting than the ones in early part 3, and they feel more like small stories than roadblocks for the gang.

Part 4 has a lot fewer weak fights than Part 3, in general. It helps that many of the defeated villains stick around (and are distinct enough characters to justify this), and some of the storylines (like Let's Eat Italian Food and I Am an Alien) aren't really fights to begin with, so there's more variety. The only ones I'm not a big fan of are Let's Go Hunting (while it's cool to see a seemingly weak enemy take out Jotaro like that, the rats are kind of a reversion to Part 3 in their lack of personality, and it doesn't develop the other characters much either) and Red Hot Chili Peppers (while we get to see some cool applications of both Red Hot Chili Peppers and Crazy Diamond, Akira doesn't get the upper hand very much for someone who was the main villain at that point).

Silver2195 fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Apr 10, 2016

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

So, I resumed my reading of part 6 today. I just finished the Jolyne vs. Guard Westwood fight.

I can sum up my feelings about this as follows: :dance: --> :gonk: --> :barf: --> :stare:

Hell of a drat fight. Geez.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Dexie posted:

So, I resumed my reading of part 6 today. I just finished the Jolyne vs. Guard Westwood fight.

I can sum up my feelings about this as follows: :dance: --> :gonk: --> :barf: --> :stare:

Jolyne is a badass and she only gets more badass.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Silver2195 posted:

Part 4 has a lot fewer weak fights than Part 3, in general. It helps that many of the defeated villains stick around (and are distinct enough characters to justify this), and some of the storylines (like Let's Eat Italian Food and I Am an Alien) aren't really fights to begin with, so there's more variety. The only ones I'm not a big fan of are Let's Go Hunting (while it's cool to see a seemingly weak enemy take out Jotaro like that, the rats are kind of a reversion to Part 3 in their lack of personality, and it doesn't develop the other characters much either) and Red Hot Chili Peppers (while we get to see some cool applications of both Red Hot Chili Peppers and Crazy Diamond, Akira doesn't get the upper hand very much for someone who was the main villain at that point).

I like Let's Go Hunting because of the horror element to it and Red Hot Chili Peppers goes well for me. I feel like the only parts I am less fond of happen pretty early on and it's, uh, smooth sailing after that basically?

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

when I finished Let's Go Hunting I had to stop and go

'So did Josuke ever save those old grandparents that the Rats turned into a meat cube.' APparently he could have because they were still alive but uh...

I couldn't confirm this and it made me really confused.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Dias posted:

Jolyne is a badass and she only gets more badass.

Yeah but the part with the toenail though. :gonk:

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Dexie posted:

Jolyne is incredibly tough.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Silver2195 posted:

I really dig the way Let's Go Hunting develops the relationship between Josuke and Jotaro though

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Jolyne is incredibly tough.

YEAH BUT THE TOENAIL THOUGH. :gonk:

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

no they will not posted:

I really dig the way Let's Go Hunting develops the relationship between Josuke and Jotaro though

Yeah, it was nice to see that

and I thought he did fix the cubed folks at the end, lemme go check

e: like you don't see it but he says it, though I'm not seeing it as I'm going back thru

Okuyasu Nijimura fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Apr 10, 2016

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Dexie posted:

YEAH BUT THE TOENAIL THOUGH. :gonk:

You think that's some poo poo? That ain't poo poo, man. That's Jolyne's breakfast.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

I am so excited for Josuke to set Rohan's house on fire.

A friend has been speculating about if Jotaro's time stop ability is going to be neutered somehow, since he's "too powerful" with it. I really wanted to go on about how the power's limitation is entirely situational and comes from the fact that, unlike DIO, Jotaro cares about things other than saving his own skin or killing whoever's in his way. E.g. Ensuring people around him are also safe. (Granted, the reduced duration facilitates his problems).

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
The part where Jolyne puts her string through Westwood's ear and it comes out his eyes and she pulls on it is probably worse because she is near close to ripping out his eardrum and eyeball.

I don't think there's a single fight in Stone Ocean where Jolyne doesn't walk away from it just covered in blood, every fight in the anime is gonna be a massive black smear

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

I'm unsure if "baby and alien" going untagged in the Anime thread is a spoiler or just too unbelievable for people to actually think is a spoiler.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

e: like you don't see it but he says it, though I'm not seeing it as I'm going back thru

Found it

I think you can assume that he did it if he said he was gonna

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

CJ posted:

Best way to watch Stardust Crusaders the anime is to watch the intro, polnaroff introduction, J Geil, Iggy introduction then skip to D'arby and watch to the end. The pacing is so slow and there's so much filler that you can skip the rest.

DiU in comparison is worth watching all the way through provided they aren't going to pad every encounter out to two episodes because the filler is so weird and most of it ties back into the storyline rather than being instantly forgotten. Except the baby and the alien. That poo poo was just padding.

me at this whole post

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Cabinet posted:

I'm unsure if "baby and alien" going untagged in the Anime thread is a spoiler or just too unbelievable for people to actually think is a spoiler.

I thought about doing a small callout but those two things are so irrelevant and hard to parse without context that who cares?

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Baby & alien are prob spoilers to them even if they have no context for that but also... okay.... to the rest of that. Watch how you wanna watch but no offense, if you're skipping large chunks of SDC why even bother?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

jolyne was and still is the most hardcore jojo and none of the others have even remotely come close to going through the same amount of poo poo that she did

i'm not even saying this as a basis for a discussion on the matter. it's a straight-up fact.

Moltrey posted:

me at this whole post

yeah, i'm not the hugest fan of SDC and even i was kinda nonplussed by such bad advice

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Dias posted:

I thought about doing a small callout but those two things are so irrelevant and hard to parse without context that who cares?

Exactly same, but then i thought that and posted here instead.

I had the alien thing spoiled for me but I did not believe it.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

It's just weird because clearly I really like the bigger battles and stuff, but I like them mostly because of the creativity involved with Stands, and what makes JoJo for me is the completely random, weird fuckin poo poo that happens otherwise and the characters themselves.

It's just strange to have someone basically sweep 90% of what makes JoJo... JoJo in an attempt to help other people enjoy it?

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

If people want to skip over episodes they could always just watch the OVA.

Of course the OVA is bad because 1) it skips over so much stuff and 2) takes a lot of the fun out. They deserve it.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Moltrey posted:

me at this whole post
I must destroy this man.

DICKS FOR DINNER
Sep 6, 2008

Stand Proud
How square do you have to be to brush off Mikitaka as padding

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

DICKS FOR DINNER posted:

How square do you have to be to brush off Mikitaka as padding

JoJo's Banal Adventure

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
Just watch all the episodes. Only two weeks ago we were pining for more JoJo, in a few months we'll be doing it again. Every ep is sacred.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
It don't take that long to do Jojo anyway, it's what, three seasons of a typical 30min series? Even at a leisurely pace it you should be able to finish it in a couple of months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

Found it

I think you can assume that he did it if he said he was gonna

Yeah but wasn't that right before Jotaro was like 'oh by the way I got loving shot' or whatever?

Like I remembered that panel but I didn't remember him actually fixing it because they end up running out of the house after Bug Eaten like right after.

I guess you can assume he did it though.