Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pugnax
Oct 10, 2012

Specialization is for insects.
Here in Ann Arbor there's mac and cheese at Zingerman's with pulled chicken, corn, and green chilies. It is insanely good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

pugnax posted:

Here in Ann Arbor there's mac and cheese at Zingerman's with pulled chicken, corn, and green chilies. It is insanely good.

im hoping to visit a friend in ann arbor in the next few months and that sounds amazing, i'll have to make a stop

pugnax
Oct 10, 2012

bonewitch posted:

im hoping to visit a friend in ann arbor in the next few months and that sounds amazing, i'll have to make a stop

For sure! Specifically it's at Zingerman's Roadhouse, which is separate from the Deli that has the best $18 sandwich you'll ever have. There's actually a bunch of good food spots in a2 right now.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Gotta have the right mushrooms. I hated mushrooms as a kid because the poo poo my parents gave us was always some variation of 'button mushrooms' that literally bounce.
Your food shouldn't loving bounce.

I then had thin-sliced garlic mushrooms on an English breakfast somewhere and they were amazing. I've never looked back.
Also you can BBQ portabello mushrooms which works much better than you'd imagine.

pugnax
Oct 10, 2012

Button, crimini, and portobello are all the same mushroom, amazingly enough. Just different morphs/age.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Khablam posted:

Gotta have the right mushrooms. I hated mushrooms as a kid because the poo poo my parents gave us was always some variation of 'button mushrooms' that literally bounce.

I then had thin-sliced garlic mushrooms on an English breakfast somewhere and they were amazing. I've never looked back.
Also you can BBQ portabello mushrooms which works much better than you'd imagine.

BBQ portos with stuffed with goat cheese on a nice loaf of bread is the best poo poo

MaxPowers
Dec 29, 2004
How I fly spaceship.

Zakrello
Feb 17, 2015

missile imbound
lembaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MaxPowers posted:

How I fly spaceship.

You sit in your chair and say "pew pew"

Tim Jong-un
Aug 22, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Any dish is ruined by even proximity to devil warts. And dont try to tell me how good some rare truffle that only grows in hippo dung during the 5th rainy season at the end of an inverted rainbow in Sumatra is because I wont stand for that tom foolery.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

We just trolled a red pill mra guy out of goonswarm lol

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Reverand maynard posted:

:smug: all around

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

Khablam posted:

Allow me to call your attention to hard-boild egg yolks.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Kiryen posted:

Allow me to call your attention to hard-boild egg yolks.

Nah they kinda just break apart unless you boil the poo poo outta them. Don't boil the poo poo out of them.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Reverand maynard posted:

I saw that. Read the thread last night. Doing God's work. Namaste.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Which thread?

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

Reverand maynard posted:

This is the second nerd gone I've contributed to this week. And they say I don't do anything for the alliance

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I have no idea where to start in this game. I hear super conflicting stories like solo pvp is good/bad. Combat is profitable/unprofitable. Ratting is good/bad.

Its hard to figure out what do do when everything is so nebulous

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Phi230 posted:

I have no idea where to start in this game. I hear super conflicting stories like solo pvp is good/bad. Combat is profitable/unprofitable. Ratting is good/bad.

it depends what you want to do and how much money you want to have

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

Phi230 posted:

Solo pvp is tremendously fun but has a pretty steep learning curve and can be very frustrating at times when things don't go your way; if you don't make the effort to get over the learning curve, the frustrations are almost guaranteed to overwhelm the positives. Combat can be very profitable if you choose your engagements carefully and minimise risk, although that tends to be a less fun way of playing the game in my opinion. Ratting is straight up dreadful but some other forms of pve can be mildly engaging. There are a lot of things you can potentially do, and since it's a sandbox game, you kind of have to define goals for yourself if you want to get much out of it. As a new player, your best bet will be to join a corporation that is geared towards newbies and can offer guidance and explain the game mechanics. Goonwaffe or Karmafleet would normally be a good choice, although they're in a sticky spot at the moment. Pandemic Horde, Eve University, Dreddit, and Brave Newbies are also good new player friendly corps, although if you join Horde or Dreddit you'll be at war with most goons who currently play.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

The main way I made money in eve was by selling chars and scamming, and occasionally doing some market stuff. It was convenient for the PvP life but I wasn't able to do this until I had been playing the game for around 2 years or so, and it cost a bit of money per month since I had to keep an extra sub up

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

LemonDrizzle posted:

Solo pvp is tremendously fun but has a pretty steep learning curve and can be very frustrating at times when things don't go your way; if you don't make the effort to get over the learning curve, the frustrations are almost guaranteed to overwhelm the positives. Combat can be very profitable if you choose your engagements carefully and minimise risk, although that tends to be a less fun way of playing the game in my opinion. Ratting is straight up dreadful but some other forms of pve can be mildly engaging. There are a lot of things you can potentially do, and since it's a sandbox game, you kind of have to define goals for yourself if you want to get much out of it. As a new player, your best bet will be to join a corporation that is geared towards newbies and can offer guidance and explain the game mechanics. Goonwaffe or Karmafleet would normally be a good choice, although they're in a sticky spot at the moment. Pandemic Horde, Eve University, Dreddit, and Brave Newbies are also good new player friendly corps, although if you join Horde or Dreddit you'll be at war with most goons who currently play.

Solo pvp is about understanding a few game mechanics, but mostly about picking your fights. If you're good at choosing fights you'll win a lot more than you'll lose.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Landsknecht posted:

Solo pvp is about understanding a few game mechanics, but mostly about picking your fights. If you're good at choosing fights you'll win a lot more than you'll lose.

I'm going to kill this rifter with my BC this is one of the best battles I could choose

*two arazu uncloak once you aggress*

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

Tusen Takk posted:

I'm going to kill this rifter with my BC this is one of the best battles I could choose

yeah but in lowsec you generally have about 10 people per system max, and that's pushing it, if a few are from the same corp and are not docked up I'd suggest avoiding fights

there are ok fights in FW plexes (usually some guys in t1 frigs farming them), and sometimes you'll get lucky and catch a cruiser belt ratting

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

Tusen Takk posted:

"Yeah.. 3 people from the same corp in system if I agress one it will totally be a 1v1 fight."

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Kiryen posted:

"Yeah.. 3 people from the same corp in system if I agress one it will totally be a 1v1 fight."

See this is why I didn't do well in anything other than small gang pvp

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
the easiest pvp that I'm really sad they got rid of was friendly-fire hisec corp pvp where I could blow up miners with no penalty but employment history

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Landsknecht posted:

the easiest pvp that I'm really sad they got rid of was friendly-fire hisec corp pvp where I could blow up miners with no penalty but employment history

Wait you can't Awox people in highsec now??? :saddowns:

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

Tusen Takk posted:

nope thanks :ccp:

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

Tusen Takk posted:

Corp CEOs can decide whether or not to allow friendly fire. If it's allowed, corp members can attack each other in highsec without CONCORD intervening. If it's not allowed, attacking a corpmate will cause CONCORD to come and blow you up.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You could do solo pvp by going into C1s and C2s and hitting the miners trying to ninja stuff out of there.

I had an alt that spent weeks doing that without ever returning to K-Space.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
is a cloaky blaster proteus still good for solo pvp and ganking people out in null? i always wanted to fly one when i played eve before, and the war has made me want to resub and accumulate sp in the hopes of one day having fun

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

Magres posted:

is a cloaky blaster proteus still good for solo pvp and ganking people out in null? i always wanted to fly one when i played eve before, and the war has made me want to resub and accumulate sp in the hopes of one day having fun

well kinda? It'll be less useful across the north where people tank against kin/therm for ratting, but if you want to afk cloak 23/7 you could probably end up with some kills

probably not as effective as camping a pipe gate with a sabre

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine

Magres posted:

Use a drone stratios; see Stunt Flores's killboard for the standard fit.

Red Crown
Oct 20, 2008

Pretend my finger's a knife.

Reverand maynard posted:

I honestly forgot those people existed until just now. Got any choice bits from the logs? Not all of us have resubbed.

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

dragonstalking posted:

Use a drone stratios; see Stunt Flores's killboard for the standard fit.

#FreeFlores

(no don't really)

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Red Crown posted:

I honestly forgot those people existed until just now. Got any choice bits from the logs? Not all of us have resubbed.

well everyone was telling him to shut the gently caress up and then I started telling him that no one liked him here and that if he could find a single person to message me saying "I like jamesamrilkesh" that I would shut up forever

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

CashEnsign posted:

#FreeFlores

but yes really.

stunt is a strong anime warrior and i've been blessed to have him as my guild leader in many video games :kimchi:

Crimewave
Apr 6, 2016

hugbox

Tusen Takk posted:

You could post in the coolbros eve thread that Eonwe made

Actually no I take that back

I'll just leave this here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Landsknecht posted:

well kinda? It'll be less useful across the north where people tank against kin/therm for ratting, but if you want to afk cloak 23/7 you could probably end up with some kills

probably not as effective as camping a pipe gate with a sabre

You can poo poo on people in the South East with one, but... that's about it.

Crimewave posted:

I'll just leave this here.

:10bux: hey mami, you sexy :10bux:

Xolve fucked around with this message at 10:15 on Apr 10, 2016

• Locked thread