Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Longbaugh01 posted:

Blade 2 owns. Trinity...meh. But if you asked me to pick one Blade movie to watch out of the three, it would always be 2.

I mean...think of it this way: The director of Blade 2 is p great and went one to make p great things, I mean I know that's subjective but still, and the writer of Blade 2 was/is one of the driving forces in Nolan's Batman and now the DCEU. So...

That writer also wrote and directed blade 3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Yeah Blade 2 owns. Blade 3 isn't terrible but because of behind the scenes drama it isn't really a blade movie.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

bobkatt013 posted:

That writer also wrote and directed blade 3

Touche'. But Goyer is still a major player, and obviously just don't let him actually direct anything. (not that Trinity was even that bad really, it's just no Blade 2.)

I think I'd like Marvel to combine Strange, Blade, Ghost Rider, whoever else to do their MCU version of Justice League Dark (which interestingly enough, a JLD film was developed by Del Toro.)

Longbaugh01 fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Apr 10, 2016

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

"Beavis, the only way you could score with a chick is if she was, like, the biggest slut in the world."

All this Wesley Snipes talk is just a constantly reminder that he's starring in a WWE Studios film where he, Ann Heche and Seth Rollins fight an evil AI and I sigh because I know I'm going to end up reviewing it.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

Gavok posted:

All this Wesley Snipes talk is just a constantly reminder that he's starring in a WWE Studios film where he, Ann Heche and Seth Rollins fight an evil AI and I sigh because I know I'm going to end up reviewing it.

Heche surprises me more than Snipes tbh.

Edit: vvv He looked cool enough. That's something. And I'd rather have Ron loving Perlman survive than any of those other mooks, like that irrelevant actor from the original Fast And Furious.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I'll never forgive Blade 2 for killing off Donnie Yen before his character did anything cool.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

JT Smiley posted:

I'll never forgive Blade 2 for killing off Donnie Yen before his character did anything cool.

He did the action choreography

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Nicolas Cage and Wesley Snipes are at a point in their careers where they should do a Nighstalkers series where Blade and Ghost Rider team up with some younger actors playing ??? In a Netflix series.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

JediTalentAgent posted:

This is going to sound really stupid about Blade, but a few years back I could have sworn I saw a Blade panel that sort of had him looking a lot leaner and younger and reminded me a bit of Curtis from Misfits.

That being said, having a younger UK actor as Blade could maybe be a bit interesting if they want to maybe move the supernatural stuff to of the MCU stuff to be more Europe-centric in location. Might even fit if they want to do something with characters like Capt. Britain and what not.

I think it'd be interesting if they tried a Blade who had a bit more of the comics history to him, an English centenarian with a sort of aloof, world-weary attitude (when he's not carving up suckheads).

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
Vision ha ha

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Check that motherfucker out, he knows he gots all the style. Give me one, Hot Toys, with a dozen cravats, a turtleneck, smoking jacket and slippers for good measure.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
DC/WB snipes Nic Cage and Wesley Snipes, makes a team up movie with Dr. Fate and Etrigan. They periodically swap whom is playing whom in the film.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
America isn't ready for Nic Cage talking entirely in rhyme.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

SonicRulez posted:

With the way the Netflix series have worked out so far, I'm down for a Netflix version of literally anybody. Blade? Sure. Ghost Rider? Yeah, him too.

Moon Knight.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

lomzus posted:

Vision ha ha

Isn't there an old Avengers first page that shows him looking pretty much like that?

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Madkal posted:

Nic Cage was in the best Ghost Rider film but no one picked up on that because the film was called Drive Angry.

Drive Angry was kinda sad because Cage was trying to so hard to be badass and couldn't even be more badass than Amber Heard.

BlackJosh
Sep 25, 2007

Alhazred posted:

Drive Angry was kinda sad because Cage was trying to so hard to be badass and couldn't even be more badass than Amber Heard.

Drive Angry was super awesome for this reason. Amber Heard kicked rear end in the flick and I like that she was never really the damsel in distress that needed to be rescued (mostly).

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Alhazred posted:

I'm sorry but what about shooting a bunch of dudes while also still fuckin / smoking / drinkin is not rad as gently caress?

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
And provide sensible life advice like, never disrobe before a gunfight.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Gavok posted:

Isn't there an old Avengers first page that shows him looking pretty much like that?

It definitely fits his comic book sense of style.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

bobkatt013 posted:

He did the action choreography

Yeah, and he died without doing anything cool.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
I'm pretty sure everyone in the Bloodpack except for Rheinhardt and the Princess were supposed to die and just there to show how dangerous the Reapers really were, so it's just a writing thing.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Lurdiak posted:

So comic Vision is a golfer, then.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Lurdiak posted:

Can't believe Vision went over to Wonderman's place just to tell him he unsubscribed from WM's youtube channel.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Can't believe Vision went over to Wonderman's place just to tell him he unsubscribed from WM's youtube channel.

Vision is just that kind of dick.

I'm sorry Simon, it just videos of you crying over Wanda.

And I'd do an Elsa Bloodstone story where she crosses paths with some of the Supernatural characters. Maybe i just want a hot redhead with lots of guns shooting vampires.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Forget van Dyne, Vision's always been the most stylish and dapper Avenger.

Er, sort of.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
I'm wearing that last outfit to the Civil War premiere.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
Vision is supposed to come off as a dick since he doesn't get human social niceties/protocols.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWvzhfI4SuM

Owns.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

That looks great.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

Agreed.

I've never mentioned this, but, everyone has always seemed really down about this movie, and the thing is David Ayers is kinda awesome. Training Day, Harsh Times, Fury, all great, and Sabotage is pretty good. So I've always expected Suicide Squad to be fairly good and entertaining because of Ayers, and it's a really good cast. I guess the only thing that's ever really worried me is including The Joker and Leto's performance.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

That trailer is a clear reaction to the critical and audience buzz about Batman v Superman being too dark and dour in addition to the supposed reports of all the levity being in the last trailer. Clearly that was not the case.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
First action sequence from Civil War. Not included: my body being ready

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Can someone explain to my why The fuckin' Orb shows up at 1:57?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I'll never get tired of Cap punching and kicking people and sending them flying.

Wanda looked great there too.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
I for one have always figured the public perceptions of Suicide Squad to be a lot more optimistic than BvS. Most of the people I talk about this kinda poo poo with are Marvel fans, though, and it's always been "this looks like it's gonna be fun, even if it ends up stupid" vs "this looks like it's gonna be a dour-rear end slog where it's constantly raining and everyone's parents die". I'll be interested to see what the so-called die hard DC fans, the types of people who made fake good reviews and call critics idiots who don't "get it", say about SS if it ends up outperforming BvS. I mean, it's got Harley and Joker, both characters for which I'm sure these fans have confusing boners, so it's kinda sorta tangentially a Batman movie, isn't it? They should want to like it, but you know all the good reviews are gonna say unfavorable poo poo about BvS in comparison.

Or maybe I'm talking out of my rear end. The point I'm trying to make is that in my experience I don't know where the idea's coming from that people are down on this movie. Every nerdy-type I know is more excited about it than BvS, to wildly varying degrees. Personally, I think one movie is going for a "great" moviegoing experience and will hopefully stick the landing, while the other went for "grand" and sorta fell on its rear end in that respect.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZwsbcW-d-E

Will Smith posted:

Ya'll jokers must be crazy!

:suicide:

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

If Harley and Joker weren't in this movie I'd be a lot more jazzed for it.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Diet Poison posted:

I for one have always figured the public perceptions of Suicide Squad to be a lot more optimistic than BvS. Most of the people I talk about this kinda poo poo with are Marvel fans, though, and it's always been "this looks like it's gonna be fun, even if it ends up stupid" vs "this looks like it's gonna be a dour-rear end slog where it's constantly raining and everyone's parents die". I'll be interested to see what the so-called die hard DC fans, the types of people who made fake good reviews and call critics idiots who don't "get it", say about SS if it ends up outperforming BvS. I mean, it's got Harley and Joker, both characters for which I'm sure these fans have confusing boners, so it's kinda sorta tangentially a Batman movie, isn't it? They should want to like it, but you know all the good reviews are gonna say unfavorable poo poo about BvS in comparison.

Or maybe I'm talking out of my rear end. The point I'm trying to make is that in my experience I don't know where the idea's coming from that people are down on this movie. Every nerdy-type I know is more excited about it than BvS, to wildly varying degrees. Personally, I think one movie is going for a "great" moviegoing experience and will hopefully stick the landing, while the other went for "grand" and sorta fell on its rear end in that respect.

At least for myself and my circle, that was our thinking. Suicide Squad looked like it was being allowed to do it's own thing and, outside of that terrible, terrible Joker, looked fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Travis343 posted:

If Harley and Joker weren't in this movie I'd be a lot more jazzed for it.

Pretty much. Though I'm more willing to give Harley a chance once we're in the second act and she's interacting with the other team members during their real missions and whatever.

If this ends up good for me it'll probably be due to team dynamics, in that aspect this looks way cooler, specially those scenes with the fire guy and people playing off his powers (Will Smith trying to get him angry and everyone agreeing when fire guy says he just wants water) and that'd be nice! Team books work on the basis of team dynamics being entertaining so a movie that lets the team do dumb bullshit to get closer and also be massive assholes and fight sounds good.

Just hope this becomes a trend, any movie that's not about Justice League members gets the freedom to be good and fun so Blue Beetles gets a good movie at some point.

• Locked thread