Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

asterioth posted:

So this is the most powerful run I've ever had so far.

I bet you didn't use any ammo on those guns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taratang
Sep 4, 2002

Grand Master
My first win took 19.3 hours of playtime. This game is a lot harder than most rogue-lites!

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

So I have the Gunpowder checked off, I know I need to buy the Primer, and then do the invisible path for the tip of the bullet, but where's the casing at?

Taratang
Sep 4, 2002

Grand Master

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

So I have the Gunpowder checked off, I know I need to buy the Primer, and then do the invisible path for the tip of the bullet, but where's the casing at?
Shoot the Dragun bones after beating him.

Dropbear
Jul 26, 2007
Bombs away!
Is there a way to figure out where secret walls are without tediously shooting every single possible wall multiple times to see if it cracks like the adjoining rooms-rule in Isaac? If not, that seems like a really bizarre design choice considering most of the game is wonderful about removing backtracking and stupid busywork (free teleports, leftover ammo boxes being taken away so you can't hoard them etc).

Other than that (and the tank being a massive difficulty wall compared to other bosses of the same tier) I love the game, definitely worth the money. Got to level 5, can't wait to see how absurd level 6 gets..

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
With Cog of Battle I really wish the attack key would also trigger the active reload.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

FrickenMoron posted:

With Cog of Battle I really wish the attack key would also trigger the active reload.

Strongly agreed. I actually dislike that item because it distracts me - I usually double-tap the last shot to start reloading immediately and then dodge-roll until I'm done loading, and trying to relocate my fingers to get the active reload fucks me up half the time.

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

They actually said this specifically.

Like what else could "adjust the key balance" mean?

I absolutely have a lot more keys one me in my last few runs because every chest is loving brown and that's not worth a key

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

So I came across a pretty bad bug.

Also next run made it to the Dragun again but I only had the spooky AK-47 so fuckin' RIP me. Still managed to deliver the Primer AND the Bullet Tip though so all I need is the casing and I'm golden :v:

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
I wish chests were less random. Finding a loving brown chest on floor 4 I mean come on, that's just rubbing it in.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

So I came across a pretty bad bug.

Also next run made it to the Dragun again but I only had the spooky AK-47 so fuckin' RIP me. Still managed to deliver the Primer AND the Bullet Tip though so all I need is the casing and I'm golden :v:

That is not actually a bug.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

that's an amazing, hilarious, terrible dick move on the game's part :allears:

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Broken Cog posted:

That is not actually a bug.

Why

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

If you want a answer:

Click

chestnut santabag
Jul 3, 2006

I find going through the secret levels actually flattens the difficulty curve a bit - the levels aren't that hard and the extra items gained makes the later levels somewhat easier to deal with.

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Damnit Steve, you know I'm a sucker for Back to the Future references.
So what happens when I buy stuff at the entrance store? I don't actually get to use them

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

DarkAvenger211 posted:

So what happens when I buy stuff at the entrance store? I don't actually get to use them

They get added to the random drop pool.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

DarkAvenger211 posted:

they're added into the rotation of potential treasure drops I believe

Jetamo
Nov 8, 2012

alright.

alright, mate.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

If you want a answer:

Click

For beating it, you do get like, eight weapon drops though.

Your Moms Ahegao
Sep 3, 2008

chestnut santabag posted:

I find going through the secret levels actually flattens the difficulty curve a bit - the levels aren't that hard and the extra items gained makes the later levels somewhat easier to deal with.

I just had to clear floor 1 then go through the Oubliette for like 8 minutes with my default gun.

Enter the """Gungeon"""*

*May not be guns.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Monomythian posted:

I just had to clear floor 1 then go through the Oubliette for like 8 minutes with my default gun.

Enter the """Gungeon"""*

*May not be guns.

Well, you did have a gun. It's not called Enter the Gunsgeon.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Monomythian posted:

Enter the """Gungeon"""*

*May not be guns.

You have a gun

Two if you're some other characters!

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Now that I've tasted the sorceress power I dont want to go back. Certainly is gonna make getting the resoruces for the floor 5 elevator easier, I managed to knock out the 6 hearts required on the first try. Next stop: 300 scrap and 6 keys.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

The items==guns ring is pretty funny with a 0 cooldown item because it just loving filled the screen with these shells.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Super Space Turtle is pretty amazing if you find him, he just merrily plinks away at bosses as you dodge.

Taratang
Sep 4, 2002

Grand Master

Taratang posted:

My first win took 19.3 hours of playtime. This game is a lot harder than most rogue-lites!

Yay for winstreaks (and this was after dumping 4 keys and 240 casings on the greedy elevator gently caress):

Starting to feel more comfortable with the late floor bosses now. Even managed to flawless Dragun with nothing but a Mahogun and 2 blanks.

Also rescued the sorceress, what does her blessing do?

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Just out of curiosity, how often do you guys normally find extra stuff in the shop? I mean like the sewer monster or the guest vendors.

Since about Friday afternoon I basically never seem to get anything but the shopkeeper any more. In ~30 runs I've seen the alien twice, the succubus twice, and the sewer monster three times. And that's with me almost always getting to the third floor shop and sometimes even the fourth or fifth.

I'm not sure if I've just had bad luck or if I've hosed the RNG somehow.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Just picked up the Bloodied Scarf for the first time. This item might be one of the best in the game, but drat if it isn't tricky to get used to.

Also pay attention to the crosshair clock when you die.
It rewinds from your current time to the time you started the dungeon.
Neat little detail.

Broken Cog fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Apr 10, 2016

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Pro tip from #venuz: If you manage to nab the gun table tech and come across a YV shrine, spend all of your money at it. What the YV shrine does, in case you don't know, is gives you a moderate chance to fire up to 4 shots per one trigger pull (depending on how many times you donate to the shrine) for 1 ammo. The table tech gun item makes it so that your gunfire is multiplied by three when you flip a table, which means if you flip a table and then the shrine effect triggers you will fire 12 bullets from whatever gun you currently have in your hand. If you have an explosive item like the banana or stinger, you will clear the room instantly, guaranteed.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

What the, I just fought the Ammoconda and had the little navi sprite from zelda flying around and shooting me?

Internet Friend
Jan 1, 2001

Sultan Tarquin posted:

What the, I just fought the Ammoconda and had the little navi sprite from zelda flying around and shooting me?

Bad luck, they can come out of pots when they break.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

Taratang posted:

Also rescued the sorceress, what does her blessing do?

You get a random gun at random intervals (I think its damage done because I swap several times per bossfight)
Basically you wont have to worry about guns for the entirety of the run, but you cant earn credits during the run.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Sultan Tarquin posted:

I had the same happen during the Gorgun fight, I think they have a very rare chance of spawning from any breakable object.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Liquid items will put out the fireplace on the first floor as well. Doused it with a Poison Vial by accident.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo
Was there a change recently to R.Rat? It used to be teleporting to a location and then warping back to scare him twice used to keep him out of your poo poo but it doesn't now.

What is the key to skip the boss cutscene? Sometimes I can trigger it, sometimes I can't.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

EVIL Gibson posted:

What is the key to skip the boss cutscene? Sometimes I can trigger it, sometimes I can't.

It's the use/talk key, whatever you have it bound to.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

EVIL Gibson posted:

Was there a change recently to R.Rat? It used to be teleporting to a location and then warping back to scare him twice used to keep him out of your poo poo but it doesn't now.

It never did this reliably for me, even on the initial release build. Usually he'd still come back to steal the item a couple minutes later, even after teleporting several times to make sure he isn't showing up anymore. I don't bother with that poo poo anymore.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

What's with the "other " boss room on floor 3?

Also, are some dudes in the breech just for flavor? Does helmet dude do anything?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Oxyclean posted:

What's with the "other " boss room on floor 3?

Also, are some dudes in the breech just for flavor? Does helmet dude do anything?

You can also interact with his helmet :ssh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

CJacobs posted:

You can also interact with his helmet :ssh:

I kicked it down once and had to free him again, is there any reason to keep doing it? I didn't try kicking it down again because I was worried i was just going to worsen my chances at finding someone worthwhile in a cell.