Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

boom boom boom posted:

what do you mean by creep shots?
Stardust Crusaders is very problematic please do not expose yourself to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
anyone else here likes Jojo?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

El Hefe posted:

anyone else here likes Jojo?

I like 11/16ths of JoJo

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

If you're recommending that people skip more than three quarters of a series, then maybe you should just accept that you don't like the series.

Edit: And that's not me being mean or trying to give a hot take. You don't like SDC, and that's fine, but it's not SDC's fault.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Apr 10, 2016

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I like JoJo so much that mummy is letting me name our next goldfish JoJo if I save up my good boy points. :)

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

boom boom boom posted:

Lots of extra shots of a barely covered underage girl. Really could've done without those.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

even better than the ova, the wikipedia plot synopsis of each jojo part manages to convey what's important without getting too bogged down in boring filler/padding

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the ova was totally great and perfect captured stardust crusaders

*ova actually slices out more than 3/4ths of the entire thing and makes baffling changes to the plot to make it fit*

perfect

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

no god-drat roadroller

someone read stardust crusaders
saw the roadroller and thought

meh skip it

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Johnny Joestar posted:

the ova was totally great and perfect captured stardust crusaders

*ova actually slices out more than 3/4ths of the entire thing and makes baffling changes to the plot to make it fit*

perfect

The one place it actually improved was Polnareff stabbing Dio through the eye right before he was about to decapitate Jotaro.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

All you had to do was follow the drat train CJ

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

TheKingofSprings posted:

The one place it actually improved was Polnareff stabbing Dio through the eye right before he was about to decapitate Jotaro.

Weirdly thematically appropriate too, considering what Dio's surprise attack at the end of Pt1 was.

This is 100% just a coincidence though.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

boom boom boom posted:

The camera in the strength ep lingered on The Runaway Girl a lot while she was in the shower. Thats about it, aside from lil' Polnareff getting randy as hell when he got bathed by an adult woman.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The point of him stabbing DIO's brain is that he'd have had him beat if he hadn't known DIO could stop time, because he'd have been able to gently caress his brain up. It's not the same when you stab him in the eye.

It's a nice call back to the rose that Dire spits at him though.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
They also added in some weird things to the hierophant green fight, like Jotaro kissing the nurse making her shirt just fly right open, along with more boob shots of a dying woman, but at least that fight had more going for it then just Jotaro punching an orangutan to death.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I just remembed this part and decided I had to make this.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
To be honest, the thing that interests me in JJBA isn't so much the overall narrative as it is seeing how JoJo and his wacky pals get out of a tricky situation. I mean, if you told me there was a fight where an evil baby sent the Freddy Krueger wearing a clown mask after the protagonists, I'd want to watch that ASAP.

The only thing I will admit is that some of Jotaro's fights tend to be boring when they're just solved by "My Stand is stronger, so I can just punch you now." Usually the Star Platinum beating is much better when it's built up to after Jotaro has already won, like with Steely Dan or Terrence T. D'arby.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Yeah that's why so many of the fights are skippable, the fights themselves aren't that interesting and the villain of the week is a non-character so there's nothing to keep your interest. Luckily the villain of the week format means they are all pretty interchangeable so you won't be confused by skipping the bad ones.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

To be honest, the thing that interests me in JJBA isn't so much the overall narrative as it is seeing how JoJo and his wacky pals get out of a tricky situation. I mean, if you told me there was a fight where an evil baby sent the Freddy Krueger wearing a clown mask after the protagonists, I'd want to watch that ASAP.

The only thing I will admit is that some of Jotaro's fights tend to be boring when they're just solved by "My Stand is stronger, so I can just punch you now." Usually the Star Platinum beating is much better when it's built up to after Jotaro has already won, like with Steely Dan or Terrence T. D'arby.

All that punching is just prelude to make Steely Dan's beatdown more satisfying. All punching done afterward is just to remind you of how much you enjoyed watching Steely Dan get punched.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

The only fights I can think of Jotaro wins just by SP being super strong, without any shenanigans or clever plan, are Kakyoin and Midler (High Priestess). Obviously you can't skip Kak, and while Midler is I think one of the least satisfying fight in SDC, there's a some great parts, like sign language or the line about calcium.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
Let's ignore the bad poster who is full of bad opinions and listen to the expected mashup

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUEyiEGiuZU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

ah, a mashup as bad as the filler posts

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Looks like it's time for a timeout.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

And we're back.

Part 4 is the chillest part. Please be chill about it as you post. Be the poster Jonathan would want you to be.

That said, since this has been a problem in previous threads, I'm gonna put my foot down and say don't argue about what is or isn't filler or padding. If you dislike an episode, critique it without immediately reaching for those words. They've become lazy, akin to describing anything that even slightly subverts your expectations as a "Deconstruction," and almost never fail to instigate an argument even when used innocently.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sb5aq5HcS1A

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I'll give it a 6/10

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

I want to complain about that band but okay Dani California is one of the few RHCP songs I can stand so fine, I'll be "chill" if you insist.

Anyway look at this perfect dude

*whistles* best JoJoooo

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Mo~ri~oh~cho rest in peace
This Stand must be an enemy

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I just watched the first two episodes just now and god drat are they on point with part 4. All of the animation is super high quality and they've gotten a lot more creative with their shots+transitions.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

IronicDongz posted:

I just watched the first two episodes just now and god drat are they on point with part 4. All of the animation is super high quality and they've gotten a lot more creative with their shots+transitions.

I flipped out over the one with Jotaro going from the hotel room to the car and i'm still not over it. that's just fuckin' clever.

Webcormac McCarthy
Nov 26, 2007
A Savage Garden song in a Japanese anime :australia: What a time to be alive

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

I just remembed this part and decided I had to make this.

I'm a big fan of this post.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Naerasa posted:

I'm a big fan of this post.

The whole episode is Hol Horse explaining his foolproof dating system

god that joke's been made before I know but also I thought about it and he really does use the DENNIS system

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Enourmo posted:

I flipped out over the one with Jotaro going from the hotel room to the car and i'm still not over it. that's just fuckin' clever.

Someone at DavidPro deserves a raise, that was an amazing transition.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

DoubleDonut posted:

If you didn't read the manga, please post a lot because I want to know what you think

Well, I just did a marathon of the previous 3 seasons and finally caught up to watch the first 2 episodes of Diamond, and so far I don't like Josuke nearly as much as the previous Jojos. Then again, I remember feeling the same way about Jotaro for the first few episodes, and he is by far my favorite. Though I hate the new outfit/lack of a chin.

Seems good so far, though it feels weird to go from multiple series where the failure meant the end of the world, to what seems like a much lower key setting, but I'm sure all of the manga readers are going "sweet summer child" to me right now.

Also, I don't like the OP, way too disco for my tastes, or the more I think about it, the whole art style in general. Bring back the guys built like brick shithouses, what are these curves doing on our heros's faces?

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
makin em look way better

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Tiny-bodybuilder Koichi always looked really weird to me. He was too broad for his stature.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

The Glumslinger posted:

Bring back the guys built like brick shithouses, what are these curves doing on our heros's faces?

The very very beginning of DIU still has traces of the SDC art style but it morphs pretty quickly; the anime is reflective of the real style of DIU. Araki's style changes and, honestly, gets way better starting now. Don't blame you for missing it if you're used to it or for wondering what's up but I'm just explaining so you know why it's not the same anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Yeah that's about what I expected.

• Locked thread