Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

More Roegadame glamour shots.

edit: Oh, and someone mentioned in chat that they didn't know about Scylla's safe spots? Because now we have people experiencing CT for first time, here:

Both sides work, I just happened to remember to take screenshots while standing on the left one.

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 11:39 on Apr 10, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Man I keep bouncing between BRD and MCH. Now that I've spent some time getting used to Gauss Barrel the new BRD is actually easier to handle now. Plus it's nice feeling that my MP is being useful for 4-mans.

Plus it feels less like you're walking on a tightrope with BRD. Of course I'll probably start to miss the many oGCDs of MCH soon enough and jump back to it.

Either way neither of them can hold a candle to MNK for me. Every other class feels sluggish after you've played MNK and Diurnal AST long enough.

Happy Litterbox
Jan 2, 2010
So uh stupid question, how do I change my payment method in the Mogstation? It only offers me to pay via my Steam Account. I already tried the Square-Enix Account Settings -> Register/Update Payment Method option and entered my debit card information there, but no dice, Mogstation still demands Steam.

I know I can pay via Debit Card, because I did before. But I'm unable to find the option.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Is there a good "So its patch 3.2 and you're a new 60" guide out there? Been away a few months and can't progress in the story because I need gear.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
You can do hunts (your daily+weekly hunt) for an i180 weapon, and buy i145 vendor gear from a NPC in Azys Lla. That'll get you into some of the early 60 dungeons, where you can start earning esoterics to pad out you item level with cheap i200 accessories. Then run void ark for i200 left side pieces when you can.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Happy Litterbox posted:

So uh stupid question, how do I change my payment method in the Mogstation? It only offers me to pay via my Steam Account. I already tried the Square-Enix Account Settings -> Register/Update Payment Method option and entered my debit card information there, but no dice, Mogstation still demands Steam.

I know I can pay via Debit Card, because I did before. But I'm unable to find the option.

Steam goes through Steam. As far as I know that's the only way.

Edit: turns out I was wrong, sorry!

SolidSnakesBandana fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Apr 10, 2016

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Athenry posted:

Is there a good "So its patch 3.2 and you're a new 60" guide out there? Been away a few months and can't progress in the story because I need gear.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/10GOT6OpviApNsCIKiDJfVpktObeETow9cSNacnb-jyA/edit

this is what I used

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Hey, I'm re subbed to this after a couple years of not playing, after casually playing since 1.0. All my gear sets disappeared and I'm missing a shitload of weapons that don't seem to be stashed with my retainers but I spent like an hour and a half losing Triple Triad matches yesterday so life is good.

Anyway I'm on Sartaganas, I know all the Cool Goon Activity is on Excal but does anyone play on Sart? I never got super far, I think I did the first two dungeons and that's about it.

Burger McAngus
May 24, 2010

Happy Litterbox posted:

Try using a different browser. Last time I checked SE would only let you use steam payments if you were using your default browser.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Steam goes through Steam. As far as I know that's the only way.

This isn't true. I bought through Steam, and I've been paying with a credit card the whole time. That said, I can't offer any help with the original problem. I changed my payment info on Mogstation, but don't remember having any particular trouble doing so.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Had A8 tonight with Dominant Bear and Submissive Cub, who spoke entirely in ALLCAPS INNUENDO and informed me that they would never touch a Miqo'te :(

Their <Dungeon Master> and <Pure White> titles really sealed it imo

(Dominant Bear did the lowest damage of all the DPS and Submissive Cub was an honest healer, so I guess nobody's perfect)

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

Also more DOMINANT BEAR:

Him and excelcia highwind and a few others are really going to town on idyllshire chat right now, balmung is the best.

Have some more:

And other delightful stories from Balmung PF:

Bonus shot of wet highlander:

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Vil posted:

Have some more:

And other delightful stories from Balmung PF:

Bonus shot of wet highlander:

:wtf: Balmung. Although now I'm wondering what the hell you even call the fetish in this one.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Kwyndig posted:

:wtf: Balmung. Although now I'm wondering what the hell you even call the fetish in this one.

Uh, they're called Primals in this one, not Guardian Force.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

SonicRulez posted:

T13 edges out Thordan for being the coolest fight in FFXIV. I think Bismarck is kinda pretty, but I also fell off that twice today, so I should probably stay away. Turns out I'm not good at this game.

And following that trend, I decided to start trying to learn SephirotEX as part of avoiding the lovely low level Lancer grind and waiting for Lore/Midas to reset. Turns out the end game ex primal is really hard, who knew?

Thordan isn't even in the running after T13 in a world where T12 exists.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Reiterpallasch posted:

You can do hunts (your daily+weekly hunt) for an i180 weapon, and buy i145 vendor gear from a NPC in Azys Lla. That'll get you into some of the early 60 dungeons, where you can start earning esoterics to pad out you item level with cheap i200 accessories. Then run void ark for i200 left side pieces when you can.

I'm at 165 from before, so I guess time to figure out the Void Ark. Thanks!

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied

Ryoshi posted:

Hey, I'm re subbed to this after a couple years of not playing, after casually playing since 1.0. All my gear sets disappeared and I'm missing a shitload of weapons that don't seem to be stashed with my retainers but I spent like an hour and a half losing Triple Triad matches yesterday so life is good.

Anyway I'm on Sartaganas, I know all the Cool Goon Activity is on Excal but does anyone play on Sart? I never got super far, I think I did the first two dungeons and that's about it.

I have a friend that got to 50 on several jobs in 1.0, played a week in 2.0 and just came back yesterday. No gear, no nothin.
Isn't even signed up with a nation. He's redoing his job quests right now to try to get slightly caught up.

Potato Jones
Apr 9, 2007

Clever Betty

nuru posted:

Thordan is a Greatest Hits compilation, not an actual album.

T9 is the best fight.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

Ryoshi posted:

If you have not played since 1.0, a lot of your old weapons and rare gear is probably stored with a Calamity Salvager. You can find them in the major towns. I think Gridania's is just north of Mih Khetto Amphitheater in Old Gridania, beside the Delivery Moogle. Ul'dah's is... I think besides Arrvaneth Sacrarium, something like that? It's in the south side of town, west of the Weaver's Guild and Miner's Guild, but east of the Thaumaturge Guild.

If it's any consolation, most of it is trash now and you can get better gear without much issue just through using the Market Boards. If you made any strides in the 1.0 job quests, you'll have to do them again, which means you'll also receive the AF gear again if you don't reclaim it from the Calamity Salvager. And you'll want to start the new story missions sooner rather than later, since 90% of the new high level content introduced in A Realm Reborn is locked behind the story. It will take a few days, but that said, it's good content, so just enjoy yourself.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Every time I attend a sham wedding I find it's time to post screenshots! With PS3 limitations!

Patron saint of Honest Healers

:iiam:

Solovey
Mar 24, 2009

motive: secret baby

Balmung is full of weirdos, sure, but those same weirdos make the party finder a pretty consistent source of entertainment

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Dely Apple posted:

Every time I attend a sham wedding I find it's time to post screenshots! With PS3 limitations!

These glasses are sweet, which are they?

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

nuru posted:

I don't remember T12 being all that special, but I think I only ever finished it once.

Potato Jones posted:

Thordan is a Greatest Hits compilation, not an actual album.

T9 is the best fight.

T9 is awful and I won't hear any different. It doesn't even look all that pretty.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

DACK FAYDEN posted:

These glasses are sweet, which are they?

Coeurl Eyeglasses.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

A lot of the fights lose their impact if you just clownshoe through them unsynced; the AoE explosions during bennu phase in T12 go from 'oh gently caress oh gently caress' to 'oh, we're taking damage I guess?'.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Let me tell you, one-Bennu unsync T12 is goddamn liberating to anyone who did it when it was relevant.

Also people should run T5/T9/T12/T13 more if they want money. Sell the sheet music. Most of those fights can be reliably done a little slowly (though still faster than a full party of 8 at level 50) with 3-4 people, or blasted through really quickly with 8. One of these days I want to try WAR/SCH duo turn 5.

Moochewmoo
May 13, 2009
So as I'm leveling through my 20s I'm finding my gear and item levels are extremely subpar. Is buying from vendors the best route to keep up to date? Should I be leveling crafting as I go? I haven't touched the crafting stuff at all pretty much. Am I screwing up if I sell all these crafting things cluttering up my bags?

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

You'll get better gear from sidequests and dungeons. Feel free to chuck the crafting garbage. If you find yourself leveling crafters at some point and need those ingredients, you'll be able to buy them dirt loving cheap off the marketboard.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
How customizeable are outfits in this game? Do you need to spend like a million dollars on DLC to look pretty?

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Speaking of Balmung:

quote:

Had a mentor tell a person they can't act like a cat and not the lick their paw cause they consider it ERP and that licking people is sexual harassment. Im like, no its not. Got into a heated debate and was kicked.
Wonderful.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

-Troika- posted:

How customizeable are outfits in this game? Do you need to spend like a million dollars on DLC to look pretty?

The only stuff you couldn't just earn in-game are outfits that were originally meant to be unique for significant story NPCs. The outfits in the game are absolutely spectacular, almost every PC is a totally unique individual

Bonfire Lit
Jul 9, 2008

If you're one of the sinners who caused this please unfriend me now.

Moochewmoo posted:

So as I'm leveling through my 20s I'm finding my gear and item levels are extremely subpar. Is buying from vendors the best route to keep up to date?
Dungeons will give you a bunch of decent stuff if you're lucky. If you're not lucky, and you're in one of the goon guilds, just ask in FC chat for some gear, the low-level stuff is extremely cheap to craft and I'll just straight make you some for free (others will too).

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

-Troika- posted:

Gonna use me on two classes.

Chestpiece, gloves and boots are leveling-quality white gear you can craft (or have crafted) or buy from a vendor. Pants and hat are sub-60 dungeon gear from a required dungeon (Aery). Bow is also dungeon gear but I forget which one. I dyed only one piece.

All leveling gear: mostly crafted/vendor except the weapon, which is from a dungeon. Everything is dyed. It probably cost about 2000 gil to dye it (this is trivial).

So you really don't. This is all stuff I got over the normal course of leveling, and I think it looks pretty sharp!

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

-Troika- posted:

Adding Prism's feedback - it's quite easy in the long run, and no.

Gear is pretty same-y for the first 50 levels, though there are some nice dungeon sets along the way. If you get RAFed, you can get the first dungeon set for free which looks pretty good. Lots and lots of dungeon and raid sets are available at 50, most of which look great.

The leveling gear from 50-60 is generally better looking than 1-50. There's a lot of nice looking level 60 dungeon/raid gear as well, much like at 50. Some of it is pulled from other SE games (the first dungeon sets at level 60 are straight out of Tactics Ogre).

You can buy stuff with real money. Most is from past holiday events. Some of the crafted gear looks great as well, but it's not required and is generally quite expensive to most players. There are also some PvP armors which look rad.

I'll dig up some screenshots.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
95% of fashion gear is non-DLC. Fashion is most of what I do in this game at this point, and the only thing I've ever bought from the mog station is a fantasia to change my character's race.

My main gripes with the system are that you can't have different outfits for different classes if you're using the same gear on them, and that dyes work in an annoying way when a dye book like GW2's would be superior.

Moochewmoo
May 13, 2009
EULA is the group to join for idiot newbies right? I just want in with active nerds.

Moochewmoo fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Apr 10, 2016

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

isk posted:

You can buy stuff with real money. Most is from past holiday events. Some of the crafted gear looks great as well, but it's not required and is generally quite expensive to most players. There are also some PvP armors which look rad.

For crafted gear it is generally either the stuff that is for nothing but glamour (the statless ones) or the very highest end of gear that is especially expensive, but those can be extremely expensive.The leveling stuff is much less so.

Of note that all the leveling white-quality stuff I have on is Heavensward white gear, and your first time through the story it gives you a set for free as part of the main story quests.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Moochewmoo posted:

EULA is the group to join for idiot newbies right? I just want in with active nerds.

I think that was the idea, but any of the three are totally fine for anyone and super active.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
Some outfits - most is level 50-60 gear I got through dungeons and raids with random folks. The cowboy/ranch looking one is mid-50s crafted. You can get most of it through solo quests.

There are so many goddamn outfits in this game. Some reuse base assets but change colors or small bits. Either way, lots to choose from.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

For the more expensive glamour pieces you can usually get somebody to craft it for you if you collect the materials first. This is barring rare situations, cheaper than buying it from the market boards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Prism posted:

Gonna use me on two classes.

:drat:

That looks insanely good.

• Locked thread