Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elblanco
May 26, 2008
I hate those memes because the people complaining don't seem to know what the duck minimum wage means. They somehow don't understand that they'd also get a raise, it's just that fast-food workers are the only ones protesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
EMTs are glorified taxi drivers for the majority of their job, they should still be paid a livable wage. So should people who work at a coffee shop.

Source: was an EMT

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
It's almost like the people at the lower tiers of income are not making enough money to sustain themselves while working full-time and the people at the higher tiers of income are making too much money and something should be done about that

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe
http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2015/09/11/ny-raises-minimum-wage-fast-food-workers/72049896/

The minimum wage increase is only for fast food workers. I -probably wrongly- assume the average PYF poster is literate.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

FAROOQ posted:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2015/09/11/ny-raises-minimum-wage-fast-food-workers/72049896/

The minimum wage increase is only for fast food workers. I -probably wrongly- assume the average PYF poster is literate.

Why do you think they're talking about that legislation, rather than SF/Seattle/etc? The post screencapped seems to be talking about a general minimum wage.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Because FAROOQ is an idiot contrarian and/or troll and you waste your time by responding to them

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

FAROOQ posted:

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe

Subjunctive posted:

Why do you think they're talking about that legislation, rather than SF/Seattle/etc? The post screencapped seems to be talking about a general minimum wage.

Because I give them the respect I don't give any of you.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Over the last 72 years, we have successfully eliminated the draft and relaxed damaging social restrictions enough that teenagers can actually discuss how they feel. A Good Meme.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

FAROOQ posted:

Yep, that article from september sure does reflect current minimum wage legislation passed in the past week.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2016/04/04/california-new-york-minimum-wage-hikes-signed-into-law/82617510/

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe
I don't give a poo poo about your country.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

FAROOQ posted:

I don't believe in "dating" or "being in a relationship" I believe in marriage. If you are with someone. You should be interested in building a life with them and moving forward and growing and having children if you want. If you're dating I feel like that's just a friendship where you just have sex and I think that's wasting time. So be single and sleep around. I mean oh well those are my beliefs. I'm curious on other people's views on dating. Marriage. Relationships. Sleeping around. Sex. Ect.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

FAROOQ posted:

You are very angry about something. Do you want to talk about it?

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Jia posted:

Because FAROOQ is an idiot contrarian and/or troll and you waste your time by responding to them

There are two rules in this thread.

1) Do not engage with Farooq.

2) Love LOB at all times.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Lottery of Babylon is about to hit 5000 posts and should do something special

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe

Chomp8645 posted:

You are very angry about something. Do you want to talk about it?

I am angry that your country is constantly killing pblack people, and then dare to claim another flag is the racist one.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Honestly I would swap 50% of total posters for another FAROOQ or PCOS.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Let's not fight and instead focus on how this post

is like watching Batman step up to the latest Gotham supervillain

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I think LoB is both the hero we need and the hero we deserve.

Bast Relief
Feb 21, 2006

by exmarx
It's like we turned two chatbots towards each other.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

goose fleet posted:

Lottery of Babylon is about to hit 5000 posts and should do something special

Yeah, I'm hoping that LoB cuts-and-pastes entire chapters from Joyce's Ulysses or Faulkner's The Sound and the Fury in response to the most minor posts.

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

I disapprove of what you say, and I will defend your death because you have no right to say it!

Chomp8645 posted:

I think LoB is both the hero we need and the hero we deserve.

We never deserved him. :(

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

FAROOQ posted:

I -probably wrongly- assume

Keep on keepin' on, you bright shining star.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

All them boys in Normandy were 100% happy with their lives at the time and wouldn't dream of getting out of the war if they had the chance.

I imagine the people who stand behind these types of memes regard peace talks as "unconstitutional".

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

However his profile led me to this pretty sweet video:

https://www.facebook.com/338112393061246/videos/490836451122172/

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

This text should be pasted over picture of one of those reddit standup guys

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

This just showed up on a "Your friend commented to their friend's post" thing so I have no idea who this guy is.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Holy poo poo, being mad at gender selection in a video game? Like, you don't have to choose to be a girl and it doesn't affect you at all. What I guess i'm saying is that man is a massive whiny wuss.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

cash crab posted:

1) Do not engage with Farooq.

I am cursed with a surfeit of benefit-of-the-doubt. Is there some exercise I can do to become more cynical? I have kettlebells.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Man imagine getting that mad about FAROOQ video games

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Scathach posted:

Holy poo poo, being mad at gender selection in a video game? Like, you don't have to choose to be a girl and it doesn't affect you at all. What I guess i'm saying is that man is a massive whiny wuss.

I just don't want voice acting. Link has a Canadian accent to me and I don't want that changed. Real talk though, it's more Nintendo and Voice acting don't mix (other M)

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
The last time Link had voice acting it turned out fantastic, I don't know what you're worried about

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Avenging_Mikon posted:

I just don't want voice acting. Link has a Canadian accent to me and I don't want that changed. Real talk though, it's more Nintendo and Voice acting don't mix (other M)

I'd think voice acting would just be every other character having a voice, and link still being (aside from all the yelling) silent.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Mak0rz posted:

This just showed up on a "Your friend commented to their friend's post" thing so I have no idea who this guy is.

I wish I could just strangle these people and spear them with the goalposts they keep moving.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

Avenging_Mikon posted:

We all know what Link really sounds like.

Didn't remember him being this rapey though.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Mak0rz posted:

Comparing deaths from malnutrition to deaths from GMOs is a really disingenuous non-sequitur even if the people commenting are dipshits, unless you are giving away these GM crops or their produce people dying from malnutrition are still gonna die cos they can't afford to pay for them in the first place. In the future GMOs might be useful for producing plants that can deal with a climate that's significantly changed but for the time being world hunger is a distribution issue and the problem is capitalism not food production; the idiots are ironically correct.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Subjunctive posted:

I have kettlebells.
Is that anything like Tennis Elbow?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

John Big Booty posted:

Is that anything like Tennis Elbow?

It's more like "fool's gold", in my experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

The thing that bothers me most about the mad about Zelda guy is that he has his name spelled Mårc for some bizarre reason. Probably because he thinks he's some kind of special snowflake but it just makes me pronounce it Morc in my head which sounds idiotic.