Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Classic Dinette Set is the height of fashion.

Working Daze is running out of people to crib off of.

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix is sponsored by TVTropes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!
Not really related to this thread, but this may be of interest to some. Best birthday gift!

Chris Ware :swoon:

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Let me clarify: Above is where I immediately went, hence the chuckle

treasureplane
Jul 12, 2008

throwing darts in lovers' eyes, &c.
King Aroo (March 17, 1951)

Barnaby (August 22, 1942)

Nancy (May 1, 1943)

Wash Tubbs (January 12, 1929)

Gasoline Alley (February 10, 1923)

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

Slammy posted:

Chris Ware :swoon:

Wow, that book didn't look four feet tall in the first few pictures but I guess it must be!!

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Ha ha! That dog's going to be sexually assaulted!

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

Ha ha! That dog's going to be sexually assaulted!

But it's ok because the big dog is actually a girl while the little one is a guy.

Actually, no it's not :gonk:

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Pogo (April 12, 1958)

Peanuts: Year Four (August 12-15, 1954)

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
Moomin

Classic Dilbert

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Is Mrs. Blossom Skeezix's mom?

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Phantom Classic

I checked and there's a Sunday strip missing between this strip and the last one I posted. Presumably that's where we would have seen Dad setting his son straight. This lends credence to the idea that we've seen this story before, since the classic Sunday strips Comics Kingdom posts aren't from the same time as the classic weekly strips. We might just now be catching up to the Sunday plot we read way back when.

Radio Patrol

Pat got blown up ages ago, and he still looks good and blown up. A lesser comic would have come up with an excuse to let him tidy up or even just forgotten that he's supposed to look all tattered. Not this one. I appreciate that.

The Stranger looks like poo poo, too, which he should, considering all he's been through. I'm still impressed that the artist bothered, though. I continue to be frequently surprised at what a quality comic this is... I really should have caught on by now.

Rip Kirby

Big Ben Bolt

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Mark Trail

Pearls Before Swine

The Phantom

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Phantom, defender of democracy wherever it benefits his friends.

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

Watching a documentary about Ripley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6rinBCWG6E

Highlights so far:

-weird teeth
-got pushed over by a shark while broadcasting his radio show
-bought a Chinese junk to sail around on with many beautiful women

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Some comics use their extra sunday space to have more panels or more elaborate art.

Intelligent Life has fewer panels.

And now, this week's Fort Knox

gocomics posted:

Fort Knox chronicles the life of a military family: Dad, Major Joe Knox; Mom, Jane Knox; and their two boys, Donald and Wesley. The family has picked up and moved * again * thousands of miles from family and friends to take up residence at Joe's new assignment at Fort Lincoln. Donald and Wesley have moved before, but that doesn't make it any easier on them. They must face down new bullies, master a new school system and new teachers, and navigate a new community. Added to these pressures is the distance the move puts between them and their beloved grandmother, who's a known troublemaker if not a known felon (yet). On top of all that, there's the strain that military life puts on their parents' otherwise happy marriage.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Classic Dinette Set gets an eyefull.

Working Daze is lazier than usual.

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix gets to the point.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Strontium posted:

Hideous.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Bloom County just needs to sleep it off.

Peanuts (April 13, 1969)

Funky Winkerbean

Yep, nothing like those...um...1950s action figures.

Crankshaft

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Strontium posted:

Ugh. It should concentrate on the family / dependants only and call itself "Fort Dependapotomus"

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Foxtrot

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Pickles

Bleeker the Rechargeable Dog

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer

I like this.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

goatface posted:

I like this.

Oh no... I sometimes have the same problem as a cartoon grandpa...

It's too late for me, save yourselves!

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Re, Funky Winkerbean; I don't understand how a person who was already a grown man an entire literal life time ago is still alive, let alone spry enough and conscious enough to live by himself and hold conversations with people.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Arlo and Janis

Andertoons

Pluggers

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Strontium posted:

This strip commits the biggest crime of all: it's boring. The characters don't even change expressions, but for some reason he changes little background details?

F Minus

There is a US 202 that goes through some northeast states, but I'm not sure if that classifies as a true "Interstate."

Mary Worth

I like how no one's wearing yoga pants. It's all old-fashioned sweatsuit workout gear.

Rex Morgan MD

All caught up with both our current main storylines? Good, good.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Johnny Walker posted:

Mary Worth

I like how no one's wearing yoga pants. It's all old-fashioned sweatsuit workout gear.

Given the age of the artist, I was expecting it to look like a 1980 aerobics studio.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Working Daze is so insultingly unfunny, that I think every strip I read erases a good comic strip from a good comic from my brain.

Now I have to go back and find the latest Ballard Street. Not a bad thing, in theory, but holy hell do I hate Working Daze.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Strontium posted:

I'm a big fan of the eye-wobbling punchlines.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Pluggers are parasites, adopting the surface cultural mores of those they are around, and resenting it.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Calaveron posted:

Re, Funky Winkerbean; I don't understand how a person who was already a grown man an entire literal life time ago is still alive, let alone spry enough and conscious enough to live by himself and hold conversations with people.

The same way Crankshaft can take place ten years prior to Funky Winkerbean while simultaneously sharing identical technology standards: Batiuk is a hack.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Calvin and Hobbes

Outland

Ripley's

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!
Rarebit Fiend (click for huge)

Outbusts of Everett True

Good Time Guy (click for big)

Flapper Fanny Says

Feiffer (click for big)

Wee Pals

Life In Hell

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

Slammy posted:

Outbusts of Everett True

do you have an approximate date on this? because holy hell what a great counter to 'back before there were cell phones people would actually TALK to each other' sort of moaning, since E True was supposed to be what everybody was thinking but too afraid to say.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

I first read that first panel as saying "binge-watching all the shows we have planned" and thought they needed Sunday to recover from a day spent watching TV, and honestly I'm not entirely sure I was wrong. Also, why are they sitting on the food?

They could've just bought her a hoody with deeper pockets.

goatface posted:

Chimeric posted:

Pickles
I like this.
So do I.

I guess a "blue hole" is the name of some type of natural feature, but not knowing that, this reads really strangely.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

The Amazing Spider-Man

Maybe I've been too hard on poor Mary Jane. She was being all mind controlled for a lot of the time that she was in Strange's home, so maybe she doesn't know her husband is Spider-Manning in there. I mean, she ought to have an inkling, since there's trouble in there and all. And it seems like Pete remembers what-all went on while he was being controlled. But... uh... Yeah, no. She's dumb. And Spidey is dumb. And this Xanadu guy is dumb. And I bet Dr. Strange is dumb, too.

I love this dumb comic.

Sally Forth

The Heart of Juliet Jones (September 20, 1959)

PTSD is a hell of a thing. And something we don't acknowledge often enough is that killing another human being is a big deal, even if you are a soldier in wartime. This is a good comic.

Prince Valiant

Phantom Classic

I kind of hate that child.

Big Ben Bolt

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
We're about halfway through this Zenos Bolt story-line, right?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Julet Esqu posted:

Maybe I've been too hard on poor Mary Jane. She was being all mind controlled for a lot of the time that she was in Strange's home, so maybe she doesn't know her husband is Spider-Manning in there. I mean, she ought to have an inkling, since there's trouble in there and all. And it seems like Pete remembers what-all went on while he was being controlled. But... uh... Yeah, no. She's dumb. And Spidey is dumb. And this Xanadu guy is dumb. And I bet Dr. Strange is dumb, too.
I dunno about Strange, but Xandu certainly is. He saw Peter go into the house with MJ because he made them do it. He should know that either Peter is Spider-Man or Peter is still hiding somewhere in the house. He should also realise that MJ is probably talking about the man she arrived with rather than the man he forced her to visit by using mind control. Him forgetting that Peter exists and concluding that MJ is married to Strange makes no sense at all.

Julet Esqu posted:

I love this dumb comic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trilobite
Aug 15, 2001

Calaveron posted:

He's alone, bitter, miserable, and poor, and the only way anyone would notice if he died would be when the body started to decompose. Dementia would be a gift. Death would be a blessing. And so, he lives.

What I don't understand is why:

- the star of a movie and his girlfriend would hang around with the two doofuses getting paid to storyboard that movie,
- especially since the only connection between them is that the doofuses went to the same high school she did, some ten or so years after she graduated,
- and why the gently caress any of the four of them would think they could make casting decisions about a movie (or even recommendations).

Basically, none of those assholes had any reason to fly back to the loving midwest to watch an old movie serial together, let alone go on a quest to find the star of that serial and offer him a job that they have absolutely no ability to give him.

• Locked thread