Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
anti-magic
Sep 9, 2012

We've come up in the ram-raiding business, Owl.
It's all high class now.
No more baby seats.

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Tides of Blood was the best MOBA

Woah, that is taking me back now son. Outside of those maps, Skibi TD was pretty solid from memory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

The Mash posted:

Pro ban list on Ascension:

-Teemo
-Shaco
-Heimerdinger
-Teemo
-Ekko
-Rammus

ftfy. Seriously though, gently caress tank Ekko this patch.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I think I played nothing but Rammus the last time Ascension was around. Speeding around, locking people down for the rest of your team, pretty drat sweet.

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

LeBlanc is actually really fun on ascension, as long as you don't mind being a terrible person.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
so whats wrong with rengar?

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Tides of Blood was the best MOBA

Actually it was Demigod.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

sirtommygunn posted:

Actually it was Demigod.

This.

Also that game that got ruined by the publishers.
poo poo.. forgetting the name.
More of an arena-combat team deathmatch moba.

EDIT:

Had a tribal theme to it. One of the characters was basically samus.

Bloodline Champions - thats it!

That game was pretty loving fun too. Murdered by FunCom.

DarkDobe fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Apr 10, 2016

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

DarkDobe posted:

This.

Monday night combat

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

DarkDobe posted:

This.

League of Legends.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

DarkDobe posted:

This.

EDIT:

Had a tribal theme to it. One of the characters was basically samus.

Not Dawngate?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Remember when Infinite Crisis, the DC MOBA, tried to be a thing?

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

There was so much salt in post game. We were down 30 (160 to 190) and clinched it with two aces and some good capping. Ascension is my favorite game mode.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

lucifirius posted:

Not Dawngate?

Rip the best moba to be made in years

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy
Rammus still feels like cheating in Ascension.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
It's yorick guys. Yorick is the secret OP

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
I still would like to be added to a Goon club. IGN is Unimaginative.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

DarkDobe posted:

FYI the developers are basically remaking the game in its un-bastardized state, calling it Battlerite. Definitely worth keeping an eye on.

lucifirius posted:

I still would like to be added to a Goon club. IGN is Unimaginative.

Idle in silversquid and ask and you'll get invites. Asking here isn't as good an idea.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
If you've never played ranked before, does it seed it with your hidden normals Elo?

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Ristolaz posted:

If you've never played ranked before, does it seed it with your hidden normals Elo?

No. You start at a baseline value - probably mid silver-ish - and go up or down rapidly in placements. Carry over from previous seasons is what will change where you are seeded in initial placements.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Mikujin posted:

No. You start at a baseline value - probably mid silver-ish - and go up or down rapidly in placements. Carry over from previous seasons is what will change where you are seeded in initial placements.

This. Your placements will vary wildly depending on if you win or lose. For example I hadn't played since S4 when I did my placements for this season so I had no carry over.

IIRC I went from a game with all Silvers bar myself and another placements player that I lost; to all Bronze then back up to a mix of Silver/Golds and then bounced around.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

K8.0 posted:

FYI the developers are basically remaking the game in its un-bastardized state, calling it Battlerite. Definitely worth keeping an eye on.

Holy loving poo poo.

This made me disproportionately excited.

It looks like they're making this a 'sequel' sorta - and keeping most of it the same? Hell loving yes.

You made my day!

Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer
What's wrong with this picture (other then me playing Vayne because jesus I suck at her).

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Freaksaus posted:

What's wrong with this picture (other then me playing Vayne because jesus I suck at her).

Nothing. Physical damage supremacy.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Mikujin posted:

The carryover is brutal btw, when the oce swap happened I went from silver 3 to bronze 3, got really demotivated, and now 10-0 placements puts me in silver 5

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Freaksaus posted:

Not enough Thornmails.

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

The carryover is brutal btw, when the oce swap happened I went from silver 3 to bronze 3, got really demotivated, and now 10-0 placements puts me in silver 5

HA I got Silver 3 off 4-6 with half those being duo'd with a Silver 5. Good to see the system is broken.

Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer

The Mash posted:

Nothing. Physical damage supremacy.

I was fine with that, not so much the double supports without sightstone at 24minutes.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Gridlocked posted:

HA I got Silver 3 off 4-6 with half those being duo'd with a Silver 5. Good to see the system is broken.

It's probably OCE specific. In NA I was plat 5 at season end, and placed gold 5 after going like 4-6 in placements for the next season. Probably just not enough data for the OCE process (yet).

Taitale
Feb 19, 2011
I think I went 6-4 in placements and got silver 4 on OCE.

I haven't really played ranked since season 1/2 outside of a dozen team ranked games last season.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
I just got out of a game of Ascension and the option to play it again is gone, even after restarting.

Is the mode over, or is my client just hosed?

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Aerox posted:

I just got out of a game of Ascension and the option to play it again is gone, even after restarting.

My bet is the mode is over.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Aerox posted:

Mode over, wait one day and the next mode will come in. It's rotating fun modes yo.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.
Isn't rotating queue only available on the weekends or am I crazy

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Hashtag Yoloswag posted:

urrite

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Hashtag Yoloswag posted:

Aw :( I thought it was a weekly event

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Currently about to booty blast rivington in a normal game I guess

Kooriken
Dec 27, 2012

This thread is beneath my talent, but I....shall elevate it.
Found out a "fun" thing I didn't know about tonight. Kalista can throw dead Karthuses if they are soulbound. It was very spooky.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
The league of legends reef just happened to get built just up the beach from my mates holiday home

:getin:

https://www.facebook.com/LeagueOfLegendsOceania/videos/659228460885247/?comment_tracking=%7B%22tn%22%3A%22O%22%7D

27°06'43.5"S 153°21'53.3"E, google maps link doesn't work

E: Disappointed it's not taller, its probably going to get buried by sand. Probably won't get as many fish as the wrecks down near where the ferry comes in, because it's like 1/10th the size of a single boat and theres like 5 boats next to eachother down south.

underage at the vape shop fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Apr 11, 2016

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

The league of legends reef just happened to get built just up the beach from my mates holiday home

:getin:

https://www.facebook.com/LeagueOfLegendsOceania/videos/659228460885247/?comment_tracking=%7B%22tn%22%3A%22O%22%7D

27°06'43.5"S 153°21'53.3"E, google maps link doesn't work

You mean the reef that the gov't whistle blower just came out about saying is dying the the Federal and QLD state govs aren't dealing with it properly?

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Gridlocked posted:

You mean the reef that the gov't whistle blower just came out about saying is dying the the Federal and QLD state govs aren't dealing with it properly?

No, thats a 2 day trip north. This is literally just out of Brisbane at Moreton Island.

underage at the vape shop fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Apr 11, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

No, thats a 2 day trip north. This is literally just out of Brisbane at Moreton Island.

Shhhhh I'm trying to get my Great Barrier Reef conservationist views into the eyes of the Americans.

Edit: I just noticed it's Moreton Bay too, as per usual loving Brisbane gets all the attention.

Gridlocked fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Apr 11, 2016

• Locked thread