Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

:siren:
TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!

Leal posted:

Really, the "I need proof (of your rape)" is extremely hosed up. What do they want, a loving video of the victim currently being raped?
This is the worst problem with a serious crime like this in the first place. Except in very rare situations, you can't prove it, and you can't DISprove it. But at the same time, it has to be handled with care because it's life-ruining for both parties. It tends to be up to situations like this where you can determine the character of the accused beyond a doubt. Yeah, I'm drat sure he really did it.

CJacobs posted:

edit:

Tobuscus' mom did a big run-through of it and why she doesn't believe it which I think is pretty great though. Toby's mom claims the lady is a crazy stalker so hey who knows.

You know who else's mom defended a sweet, innocent boy? Ross Ulbricht. Look 'im up. Some moms defend ANYTHING.

Denials don't make good evidence of innocence, especially from mom. Given the character evidence from these separate incidents involving him though, I'm certain it can be the last nail in the coffin for that doubt.

VoidBurger posted:

-Go to the police immediately, talk to surly strangers asking if you were dressed too slutty that night. They're just making sure you didn't deserve it!
That's a rather colored and dire picture of what police are like and I can't say it reflects reality, at least not where I am. I had a lot more to say but I'm going to cut that there. Just be aware that your post assumes the absolute worst case and that everyone is out to get you. In reality, there does need to be more in the lines of protection for accusers, so as victims they speak up sooner and in greater numbers without affording any extra ground for people who would seek to abuse the system. for money or revenge. Victims of traumatic experiences need to feel welcomed because making an accusation against someone is a daunting task even for someone who isn't in an emotional state. My family is full of people who just can't seem to bring themselves to sue anyone even though they've been super illegally wronged and in many cases almost killed, so I can't imagine how it must be for someone who feels the odds are stacked against them (no thanks to posts like yours encouraging people to just admit defeat before they even try)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.

Cheez posted:

(no thanks to posts like yours encouraging people to just admit defeat before they even try)

You might find these links to be more informative on the subject: http://www.dictionary.com/browse/sarcasm http://www.dictionary.com/browse/hyperbole

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Nidoking posted:

You might find these links to be more informative on the subject: http://www.dictionary.com/browse/sarcasm http://www.dictionary.com/browse/hyperbole
I can never tell in situations like this

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.

Cheez posted:

I can never tell in situations like this
Yeah, couching the content of my post in a very over-the-top Youtube video format and ending it with "Skit over. I hate this." was obviously FAR too subtle. (This is also a sarcastic quip.)

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Again, I can never tell. I've seen things.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Cheez posted:

Again, I can never tell. I've seen things.
Just be careful next time and read the whole thing.

I can't wait for what new fresh chunk of hell awaits next week.

ElTipejoLoco
Feb 27, 2013

Let me fix your avisynth scripts! It'll only take me a couple horus.
Inability to recognize satire aside, Cheez, why are your relatives not reporting nearly lethal assault if your local law enforcement are not going to treat them as 'guilty until proven victims?' Is it because instead of reporting a crime they're for some reason thinking of filing lawsuits? Did you type the wrong word as a mistake and didn't mean to imply your family members were hesitant to sue their assailants as opposed to informing the authorities of attempts on their life?

Didn't you use to have mod-given red text under your avatar?

Yeah, I hope next week comes soon. The only other Outside SA LP news I've come across that isn't Bryon Beaubien-like is the standard "PewDiePie was a guest on Conan O'Brien's" and "'That Dragon, Cancer' making No Revenue vs. Let's Players complaining about Content ID matching said game's soundtrack." Same old, same old.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

I think now's a good time to drop this line of conversation, because it is headed to some bad places.

Feel free to keep talking about it through PMs if you're still really heated about the subject.

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

ElTipejoLoco posted:

Didn't you use to have mod-given red text under your avatar?
I don't really know who gave me red text, but they completely misinterpreted something I said about games and gave me that + DSP avatar, if that's what we're talking about. I don't even remember what they said or what I said, just that it's meaningless to that conversation. About everything else though, I'd elaborate on what I'd said earlier except it seems like JordanKai would like the conversation to stop in general, so I'm going to respect that.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

Suspicious Dish posted:

That's a much better name than Niggurmom.

Thank you I appreciated this post more than I should have.

Sutureself
Sep 23, 2007

Well, here's my answer...
This is a great time to say my friends I guess have officially abandoned their LP channel due to lack of growth, so we can all talk about how much we will miss Cool Cat Cinema. Or just be like "who?" and then move on to more exciting drama.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Tobuscus made a video attempting to explain his side of the story.

He loving monetized it.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
:ughh:

Well, I mean, there's going to be a lot of people that will want to see that, I suppose, so better rake in them mad dolla bills while they're falling off trees.

Ridiculous.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Disgusting, but hardly surprising considering he monetized a video of him crying like an idiot over Robin Williams' death.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Well whether the accusations are accurate or not, the fucker is scum for that poo poo.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
The last time this happened, he claimed that the "Don't monetize" checkbox didn't work even when he had checked it, and provided screenshots as proof. YouTube's partner system is lovely and allows partners to override that stuff.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Then get in touch with the controlling partner and get them to turn it off. If they refuse, post it elsewhere like Reddit or Facebook and share it on Twitter, let the fans spread it from there.

slowbeef
Mar 15, 2005

Will Harvey hates you, and everything you stand for.
Pillbug

Suspicious Dish posted:

The last time this happened, he claimed that the "Don't monetize" checkbox didn't work even when he had checked it, and provided screenshots as proof. YouTube's partner system is lovely and allows partners to override that stuff.

When did this happen? He made a video called "Do Good Things" where he said it was okay that he monetized it.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
Oh, was I thinking of somebody else then? I remember a monetization controversy where the guy came out and said "I tried to disable it and it didn't work and I put in a support ticket with my YouTube partner". I distinctly remember a bit where the guy showed the checkbox being off, then went to the video and saw ads.

It was around the same time some other partner (Maker I think?) was flipping out and put videos every two seconds on people's videos.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

slowbeef posted:

When did this happen? He made a video called "Do Good Things" where he said it was okay that he monetized it.
I look forward to another one of those videos where he attempts to handwave the monetization issue by just talking nonsense.

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!
Today I learned that Tobuscus is not TotalBiscuit. I can't keep these names straight.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Listen, I know I've been accused of a series of systematic abuses against my female fans....but that doesn't mean I can't get a few extra bucks out of it.

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.
WHAT IF.......... okay, I feel like this is a thing that could really happen, okay? WHAT IF..... Toby gets called out a lot about the monetization of that video, so he makes another monetized video saying that the proceeds from that video are getting donated to a rape-related charity to prevent "Real Rape", so that he can use that charity as a shield to prove he's totes not a rapist.

Do I get a prize if this happens?

VoidBurger fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Apr 12, 2016

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

VoidBurger posted:

WHAT IF.......... okay, I feel like this is a thing that could really happen, okay? WHAT IF..... Toby gets called out a lot about the monetization of that video, so he makes another monetized video saying that the proceeds from that video are getting donated to a rape-related charity to prevent "Real Rape", so that he can use that charity as a shield to prove he's totes not a rapist.

Do I get a prize if this happens?
Having seen some similar poo poo before I can totally see him trying this.

Also starting to find a ton of people on youtube admitting that he's a very unstable person. It's insane.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Golden Goat posted:

Having seen some similar poo poo before I can totally see him trying this.

Also starting to find a ton of people on youtube admitting that he's a very unstable person. It's insane.

I find it hard to believe a person who makes their livelihood as an internet personality would be unstable.

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!
To be fair, you could say the same thing about 'regular' celebrities as well.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/ayyjqce/status/719576536504995842

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Sorry but I just feel a need to post these:

Whose dumbass idea was it to make figures out of people that just shout profanities all day?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

HGH posted:

Whose dumbass idea was it to make figures out of people that just shout profanities all day?

gently caress that, where's my loving cheap piece-of-poo poo action figure?

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

HGH posted:

It looks just like him. He even comes his signature baby blue dagger and green "T" logo t-shirt.

The dog is a mystery to me though. I dunno where that dog came from.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
What the hell are you doing, Youtube? I'd think you'd want to stay miles away from this.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

At the same time though, good, you're the platform that hosts and essentially pays this guy, don't try to dodge it and potentially help him cover up.

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!
It's also crazy popular and monetized so it means money for them.

Spark That Bled
Jan 29, 2010

Hungry for responsibility. Horny for teamwork.

And ready to
BUST A NUT
up in this job!

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Jamesman posted:

It looks just like him. He even comes his signature baby blue dagger and green "T" logo t-shirt.

I think the sword is a reference to one of his songs, about diamond swords in Minecraft.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Jamesman posted:

He has a dog named Falcor who looks just like that.

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!
http://time.com/4302406/felix-kjellberg-pewdiepie-2016-time-100/

I mean, I guess so?

SirShakes
Jul 13, 2012

ISSAPEEPO
"He’s charming and funny, and he knows how to edit himself."

Uh, yeah, about that...

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I mean, he does a lot of editing of videos he's in, so technically he's editing himself?

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
Let's keep in mind that Trey Parker wrote that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!
Well I mean in terms of "is PDP super-duper influential", the answer is absolutely. It's just weird to see him TIMES recognized.

That being said, that whole article is weird and written by unusual sources. President Obama wrote an article, and the closing line explains that he is the 44th president of the United States. Another fun fact: Kim Jong Un is also on that list.

• Locked thread