Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Daruna
Jul 3, 2011

Despera posted:

Believe it or not it's hard to keep a safe unlock in low sec when the entire galaxy is at war with you. You wan t to argue that's a bad loss given the circumstances go ahead.

And between the gay pubbie name and the retard Kickstarter I wanted to quit too.

brave newbies managed to find it within themselves to form fleets and chase off hostiles from their undock, both in barleguet lowsec and later on in sov null. just throwing this out there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead
Are SMA really planning to sustain a 2500-member alliance in a region with no respawning anoms and no L4 combat agents? Like... the best PVE opportunities in outer ring are L4 mining agents.

A 2500 man alliance relying on mining missions for income. Oh boy.

pugnax
Oct 10, 2012

Specialization is for insects.

Xolve posted:

The Imperium's unwillingness to contest timers and/or fight isn't an indictment of FozzieSov, it's an indictment of your leadership.

Stop shifting blame.

This is actually mirroring Fountain a bit - early unnecessary meatgrindering of battleships followed by total mismanagement of the defensive strategy.

I look forward to either a :masterstroke: move where some crazy plan allows for PL hubris to kick in and lose everything (there is a Y- system in Cloud Ring after all) or to the next incarnation of a goon alliance with less pubbie meatshield. Either way this is undoubtably good for the game, it'll inject new life as a land rush occurs. I just hope that they make outposts destructible sooner rather than later so that there's a reason to start churning out citadels, as now the north looks a lot like providence.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

goddamn look at all this lovely smug posting. i think my favorite posts are the ones trying to claim that this isn't about supercaps, fuckin lol

also smh if you havent had that one d-dude on ignore since his 100 post first day

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

frozenpussy posted:

lol thanks for the edit

You're welcome.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Daruna posted:

also the point of the anshar killmail is that it's a gang of 25 tornados sitting on the undock of a (formerly) major coalition unmolested and collecting free dank killmails

It was 14 Tornados and as you can see from the damage numbers, some of them fired two volleys with 1400's which means the Jump Freighter was exposed for around 30 seconds. So it went out of station range or the pilot lost control in some other way.

Zephyrine fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Apr 10, 2016

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

pugnax posted:

This is actually mirroring Fountain a bit - early unnecessary meatgrindering of battleships followed by total mismanagement of the defensive strategy.

I look forward to either a :masterstroke: move where some crazy plan allows for PL hubris to kick in and lose everything (there is a Y- system in Cloud Ring after all) or to the next incarnation of a goon alliance with less pubbie meatshield. Either way this is undoubtably good for the game, it'll inject new life as a land rush occurs. I just hope that they make outposts destructible sooner rather than later so that there's a reason to start churning out citadels, as now the north looks a lot like providence.

I imagine the PL welp is incoming 'soon™', riding high on the wave of own for this long usually has a swift and painful end.

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Venom Snake posted:

spamming the word pubbie makes you look like a retard, thanks and goonbless

He's not that wrong though. We live in an era of unironic "didn't want that sov anyway" and interceptor wulfpax. We've become what we used to mock lol

you feelin fucky
May 23, 2009

Despera posted:

Believe it or not it's hard to keep a safe unlock in low sec when the entire galaxy is at war with you. You wan t to argue that's a bad loss given the circumstances go ahead.

And between the gay pubbie name and the retard Kickstarter I wanted to quit too.

You blued up 39k of the worst pubbies in the game and if the lesson you're learning is that you didn't didn't blue up enough nothing will save you from this happening again.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

cravius posted:

He's not that wrong though. We live in an era of unironic "didn't want that sov anyway" and interceptor wulfpax. We've become what we used to mock lol

At least I'm not the only one that sees it.

Look at the old failscade bingo cards, and tell me if there are any blocks left unchecked.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Zephyrine posted:

It was 14 Tornados and as you can see from the damage numbers, some of them fired two volleys with 1400's which means the Jump Freighter was exposed for around 30 seconds. So it went out of station range or the pilot lost control in some other way.

they might have used the sick new trick of warping on grid to reset the cycle timer.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Xolve posted:

Look at the old failscade bingo cards, and tell me if there are any blocks left unchecked.

It's an old list, just like the CFC is an old name, and the celebrated defectors are has-beens.

kiresays
Aug 14, 2012

Despera posted:

Nah depriving you of sweet dunks

That is not something that has been happening

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

AAPsel posted:

You blued up 39k of the worst pubbies in the game and if the lesson you're learning is that you didn't didn't blue up enough nothing will save you from this happening again.

the other lesson is that when you get a guy in charge who unironically sees himself as "king of space" (and is socially awkward enough to say "kill urself irl" at fanfest that one time) and turns the leadership into a bunch of unfunny pencilpushers who want ~space prestige~ nothing good is going to happen

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

cravius posted:

It's good to be able to look internally and laugh at yourself. Something I hope some of you guys are doing. :shobon:

Daruna
Jul 3, 2011

Zephyrine posted:

all the stations in saranen have plenty big docking ranges

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I think being honest that losing space wasn't the plan but that you'll find a new way to make people miserable is the best thing

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

AAPsel posted:

The SMA alliance meeting literally has a crying baby in the background. You can't make this poo poo up.

Surprise, people have children!

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Unfunny Poster posted:

It's good to be able to look internally and laugh at yourself. Something I hope some of you guys are doing. :shobon:

please don't bait me into playing the stupid poster game. I will beat you and we'll all be worse off for it.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Xolve posted:

someone re-draw this for me :effort:

you feelin fucky
May 23, 2009

LemonDrizzle posted:

Are SMA really planning to sustain a 2500-member alliance in a region with no respawning anoms and no L4 combat agents? Like... the best PVE opportunities in outer ring are L4 mining agents.

A 2500 man alliance relying on mining missions for income. Oh boy.

You forgot no offices.

Daruna
Jul 3, 2011

Cygni posted:

goddamn look at all this lovely smug posting. i think my favorite posts are the ones trying to claim that this isn't about supercaps, fuckin lol

also smh if you havent had that one d-dude on ignore since his 100 post first day

turnabout is fair play :colbert:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Eonwe posted:

I think being honest that losing space wasn't the plan but that you'll find a new way to make people miserable is the best thing

:same:

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Daruna posted:

all the stations in saranen have plenty big docking ranges

It doesn't really matter if you warp to zero on another station to move around materials.

But please do explain to me this game of jump freighters :frogon:

froody guy
Jun 25, 2013

Gimme back the good ole days when nullsec entities actually owned their own space. Seriously, even Dominion sov was better than Fozzie's.

almighty
Mar 9, 2011

frozenpussy posted:

they might have used the sick new trick of warping on grid to reset the cycle timer.

How's that again?

Altran
Mar 20, 2013

Kimsemus posted:

Yes, I was. And mostly from L5s, R64s, poco empire, etc. Like any other alliance. Lowsec is more profitable than null now in almost every way, which is sort of sad when you think about it.

You have personal R64s?!

Daruna
Jul 3, 2011

Zephyrine posted:

It doesn't really matter if you warp to zero on another station to move around materials.

But please do explain to me this game of jump freighters :frogon:

so you retards don't use instadock bookmarks when moving between stations? lmao

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

almighty posted:

How's that again?

apparently warping resets the cycle timer on artilleries. so if you do it on-grid and keep your target in range after the warp you can get a cycle every 12 seconds or so.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
can we just purge fcon and call it a day

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
End of the day nullsec warfare is about who has the most supers. We didn't gg.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
my guess is it relates to the lack of cap need for projectile activations.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Daruna posted:

so you retards don't use instadock bookmarks when moving between stations? lmao

Who knows. You could always ask him. I don't believe it was one of mine so I didn't bother.

Daruna
Jul 3, 2011

Despera posted:

End of the day nullsec warfare is about who has the most supers. We didn't gg.

supers don't matter in aegis sov fam

Dadbuck
Apr 14, 2008

Hate the game, not the playa

Venom Snake posted:

spamming the word pubbie makes you look like a retard, thanks and goonbless

Someone told me that all of us in the Imperium are the pubies, or pubbies.

I'm not sure which.

But, in either case, I agree.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Why fight with these supers we have anyways it's way more effective to just let them get picked off on their retarded rear end solo move ops

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
and by effective I mean hilarious death to all supers

you feelin fucky
May 23, 2009

lucifirius posted:

Surprise, people have children!

Honestly I can sympathize with that and I feel a bit bad about about laughing at it. Still, when you're going to outer ring because syndicate is too dangerous, hearing a crying child in the background is just too beautiful to ignore.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!
I knew we had lost when some random fleet commander told us not to post links in fleet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

I resubbed. What am I doing with my life?

I might just gently caress around griefing in highsec for a month. Infiltrating corps is the most fun I have had in eve. Its a shame the corp friendly fire settings killed 10 hour heros though :(

• Locked thread