Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Sloppy Milkshake posted:

i got really hosed up when you said the way pockey is pronounced in japan is "poe key" because i was like, "what, no one pronounces it ”ぽえき” anyway that's my story about how i'm developmentally disabled and read poorly!

Don't feel too bad, I do this too :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Good news for people who like Drinking Girls: volume 2 will be out in March (probably). So here's the last chapter in volume one.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

z0glin Warchief posted:

Good news for people who like Drinking Girls: volume 2 will be out in March (probably). So here's the last chapter in volume one.

:worship:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Japanese bar food looks so good. You're doing god's work, z0glin.

I don't really get the last page, though. The dude was the other woman's husband, not Yoshida, right?

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

z0glin Warchief posted:

Thanks!

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

z0glin Warchief posted:

Thanks.

Also, I'm still really liking the translation notes.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

i love bop its

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

chumbler posted:

Japanese bar food looks so good. You're doing god's work, z0glin.

I don't really get the last page, though. The dude was the other woman's husband, not Yoshida, right?

No, the dude at the end was Yoshida.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
It's good. Thanks, Zoglin!

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Thanks.

Also, I'm still really liking the translation notes.

Tehy make me hungry and thirsty.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

K. Flaps posted:

Tehy make me hungry and thirsty.

:same:

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

z0glin Warchief posted:

Squid Girl should be happy her ilk make such delicious bar food.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

z0glin Warchief posted:

Oh hey, I just caught up with that one! Thanks!

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

z0glin Warchief posted:

More Drinking Girls is always good, thanks for this!

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

z0glin Warchief posted:

Thank you z0glin, Drinking Girls is great as usual. And the notes at the end are fun as they are tasty.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
How far did Zogling get translating the manga about Not-Magic? Batoto doesn't work for me right now and I can't remember what it's called.

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost

Anatharon posted:

How far did Zogling get translating the manga about Not-Magic? Batoto doesn't work for me right now and I can't remember what it's called.

From the OP.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

So there's only 6 chapters? :rip:

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
There was a 7th that zoglin kindly released which is available on batoto but uh yeah.

Blank Construct fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Mar 27, 2016

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

congratulations to zoglin, volume 2 of love is hard for otaku is out and it is the best selling manga of the week with a whopping 208.000 copies sold

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

:woop:

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Davincie posted:

congratulations to zoglin, volume 2 of love is hard for otaku is out and it is the best selling manga of the week with a whopping 208.000 copies sold

Hey guess what good timing! Here's the rest of volume one!

Volume two of Drinking Girls is out too! And I have free time now! :woop:

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

z0glin Warchief posted:

Hey guess what good timing! Here's the rest of volume one!

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Just so we're clear there are two chapters there, 5.1 and 5.5. They'll be up on batoto whenever their mod approves them.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

e: oh god they're adorable

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Apr 7, 2016

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Thanks for the comics, zoglin!

e; the translator "wotes" for 5.1 have a couple of typoes: "don't EVEN tell me know don't know" in the last paragraph, and that paragraph is also missing a word.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Apr 7, 2016

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

z0glin Warchief posted:

Oh my god!

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Lemon-Lime posted:

Thanks for the comics, zoglin!

e; the translator "wotes" for 5.1 have a couple of typoes: "don't EVEN tell me know don't know" in the last paragraph, and that paragraph is also missing a word.

Eep! Thanks, should be fixed now I think. This is what I get for doing this at 7 am :negative:

Advice/criticism/pointing out mistakes/etc. is always very welcome!

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Thank you for good comics zoglin!!

i changed the links in op to batoto because we are past the imgur days i guess

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I am rooting for these cute otakus, and their difficult love.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Drink!

It'll be up on batoto later.

e; German-speaking goons please yell about my mistakes, idkwtf im doing

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

z0glin Warchief posted:

Drink!

Do they make the Prosit/Prost mistake in the original Japanese? Because if not, the toast is Prost, even though it is derived from the Latin Prosit (thanks, Wikipedia).

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

z0glin Warchief posted:

It's spelt Prost, not Prosit

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

z0glin Warchief posted:

Drink!

Lol at the logth beer myth

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

prosit is the thing you say in sweden after someone sneezes.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Lemon-Lime posted:

Do they make the Prosit/Prost mistake in the original Japanese? Because if not, the toast is Prost, even though it is derived from the latin Prosit (thanks, Wikipedia).

Yeah, Japan seems to always spell it Prosit (that's how it's spelled in the dictionaries I see: http://ejje.weblio.jp/content/prosit, http://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=prosit, http://dic.nicovideo.jp/a/%E3%83%97%E3%83%AD%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B8%E3%83%83%E3%83%88, https://kotobank.jp/word/%E3%83%97%E3%83%AD%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B8%E3%83%83%E3%83%88-622467), but I guess if that's wrong it's wrong! Maybe I'll leave it that way in the dialogue and make a note about it?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

z0glin Warchief posted:

Yeah, Japan seems to always spell it Prosit (that's how it's spelled in the dictionaries I see: http://ejje.weblio.jp/content/prosit, http://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=prosit, http://dic.nicovideo.jp/a/%E3%83%97%E3%83%AD%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B8%E3%83%83%E3%83%88, https://kotobank.jp/word/%E3%83%97%E3%83%AD%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B8%E3%83%83%E3%83%88-622467), but I guess if that's wrong it's wrong! Maybe I'll leave it that way in the dialogue and make a note about it?

Maybe a result of the fact that you can't have two consonants one after the other in Japanese? I'd make it Prost and put a note in the TNs about Prosit/Prost and how Japan spells it.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

z0glin Warchief posted:

Drink!

Thanks for the translations, always appreciated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Lemon-Lime posted:

Maybe a result of the fact that you can't have two consonants one after the other in Japanese? I'd make it Prost and put a note in the TNs about Prosit/Prost and how Japan spells it.

Further research seems to show that Prost is recognized and has different katakana than Prosit (プロースト & プロージット), but everyone seems to think both are equally correct...and end up using Prosit just because (maybe because LotGH used it, and that seems to have kick-started the trend of saying it in Japan). It's not too uncommon for Japan to have mistaken/out-of-date knowledge on foreign words like that.

• Locked thread