Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

vyst posted:

Pre-Mittens speech please find the clause about this in the TOS you dumb piece of poo poo. Thanks in advance. Also moral high ground and a TOS can be mutually exclusive things.

edit: Grammar check.

is this implying that if it weren't against the TOS, trying to get someone to kill themselves would be good or hwat

im just trying to determine the complex morality of theve online universe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

frozenpussy posted:

PS VideoGames this is the game's RP message I get when I run locator agents.

How long a probation is Aaho Ruus going to eat for mod sass?

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Tusen Takk posted:

Oh I get it, I thought Xolve was being smug

:doh:

I honestly try not to be that guy, plenty of other people :10bux:ing their way to claim that throne.

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

moolchaba posted:

How much wow gold do you have?

Plumbing the depths of irrelevancy today, I see.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Lack of Gravitas posted:

Going to need him for when I redo my bathroom

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Eonwe posted:

is this implying that if it weren't against the TOS, trying to get someone to kill themselves would be good or hwat

:vince:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Lack of Gravitas posted:

Is that a player waiting to attack me then?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

moolchaba posted:

How much wow gold do you have?

I remember I used to make fun of people who played wow because they're all nerds, while people who play Eve Online are Not Nerds because It Is A Very Serious Game Where Dying Matters

but then I tried WoW and turns out it's a fun and brainless game to play so who knew

Long story short: don't MMO shame when you're effort posting on Something Awful about one of the most tedious video games in history

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

VideoGames posted:

Nah, it's an NPC locator agent, you can pay them to find someone, provided you have their character name.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

VideoGames posted:

you're safe if you stay in that system. attacking newbies in starter systems is bannable

DirtyMick
Feb 1, 2014

ChickenWing posted:

Wow holy poo poo I stop posting for a couple days and this entire thread goes to hell in a handbasket.

Hilariously (but unsurprisingly), the badposts are almost universally from redditors. Xolve you are getting pretty borderline there, please don't let our impending demise ruin your beautiful streak of not being a garbage idiot tia.

It's not like it started from a good spot in the first place, but it certainly fits the bill for what I'd expect to see if 'textual cancer' was a thing.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Tusen Takk posted:

I remember I used to make fun of people who played wow because they're all nerds, while people who play Eve Online are Not Nerds because It Is A Very Serious Game Where Dying Matters

but then I tried WoW and turns out it's a fun and brainless game to play so who knew

Long story short: don't MMO shame when you're effort posting on Something Awful about one of the most tedious video games in history

Can you play World of Warcraft while watching Netflix? Checkmate

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Frozenpussy is probably sitting in the system next door just waiting for you to poke your head out, though :black101:

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007

Despera posted:

How many netflix movies can I trade for my ships?

DirtyMick
Feb 1, 2014

Despera posted:

I've done it. Just set the alerts for when you receive a /tell.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Eonwe posted:

tbf it was something mittani got banned for a few months, and lost his spot on the council of space mayors, and its not hypocritical for someone who did a bad thing (and got punished for it) to want other people doing bad things to also get punished

wanting equal application of space law regardless of who you are is reasonable

(im not defending mittani trying to get someone to kill themselves because its a fuckin lovely thing to do, i just don't think he's being a hypocrite here)

Magres fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Apr 10, 2016

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

frozenpussy posted:

you're safe if you stay in that system. attacking newbies in starter systems is bannable

Phew! I guess I've got to be ganked at some point to learn things, but not on my second day I'd hope!

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
also does csm actually stand for council of space mayors

it was the only thing i could think of

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

Magres posted:

Council of Stellar Management. But Council of Space Mayors sounds a lot sillier and I think I might only call it that now.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Magres posted:

Now it does

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
:sun:

almighty
Mar 9, 2011

powers posted:

has gigx found tupac yet???

The wonders of Serbian diplomacy and strategic thinking never cease to amaze.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Magres posted:

It's pretty close :)

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Magres posted:

tbf it was something mittani got banned for a few months, and lost his spot on the council of space mayors, and its not hypocritical for someone who did a bad thing (and got punished for it) to want other people doing bad things to also get punished

wanting equal application of space law regardless of who you are is reasonable

(im not defending mittani trying to get someone to kill themselves because its a fuckin lovely thing to do, i just don't think he's being a hypocrite here)

oh I wasn't actually saying anything like that, its just how vyst worded it

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Eonwe posted:

oh I wasn't actually saying anything like that, its just how vyst worded it

totally fair

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

VideoGames posted:

Phew! I guess I've got to be ganked at some point to learn things, but not on my second day I'd hope!

First time I got killed in EVE by another player I was four days old and exploring in a wormhole. It's good to get over the fear of dying early before you become too risk averse because you'll never end up leaving high-security space and the game will become really boring.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
Holy poo poo tippis you are such a neckbeard

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

DirtyMick posted:

I've done it. Just set the alerts for when you receive a /tell.

If something could alert you when standing in fire you'd be set

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Eonwe posted:

How is what I'm saying confusing? It's morally wrong to tell people to kill themselves. It's not explicitly against the Terms of Service document. C'mon Eonwe

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

vyst posted:

How is what I'm saying confusing? It's morally wrong to not to tell people to kill themselves. It's not explicitly against the Terms of Service document. C'mon Eonwe

wait what

e: oh okay you just mixed your words up a little, all good :buddy:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

vyst posted:

How is what I'm saying confusing? It's morally wrong to tell people to kill themselves. It's not explicitly against the Terms of Service document. C'mon Eonwe

i see

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Well I just got into the game for a quick twenty minutes to do some mining and relaxing!

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
and you posted about it. The circle is complete. Welcome

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

vyst posted:

Pre-Mittens speech please find the clause about this in the TOS you dumb piece of poo poo. Thanks in advance. Also moral high ground and a TOS can be mutually exclusive things.

edit: Grammar check.

No dipshit, you're sitting there finger pointing saying some out of context pastebins that don't really say anything but are calling a smoking gun against the entire coalition arrayed against you, when in reality- it's some unimportant jerk off nobodies ever heard of being overly enthusiastic about killing supers and talking about his uncle who works at Blizzard CCP. There's no room up there for literally anyone in your "Direkkktorate", especially when it's talking about what may or may not be against the TOS.

Do keep pushing your narrative though, it's absolutely keeping your allies content and happy in lowsec, outer ring and loving syndicate. Also- nobodies trying to kill GoonSwarm, Grath even went on a capstable and talked about how it was an impossible feat to kill an entity that is organized outside of the drat game. You can't kill TEST, you can't kill Goons, and you can't kill Pl.

Xolve fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Apr 10, 2016

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine

Xolve posted:

No dipshit, you're sitting there finger pointing saying some out of context pastebins that don't really say anything but are calling a smoking gun against the entire coalition arrayed against you, when in reality- it's some unimportant jerk off nobodies ever heard of being overly enthusiastic about killing supers and talking about his uncle who works at Blizzard CCP. There's no room up there for literally anyone in your Direkkktorate, especially when it's talking about what may or may not be against the TOS.

Do keep pushing your narrative though, it's absolutely keeping your allies content and happy in lowsec, outer ring and loving syndicate. Also- nobodies trying to kill GoonSwarm, Grath even went on a capstable and talked about how it was an impossible feat to kill an entity that is organized outside of the drat game. You can't kill TEST, you can't kill Goons, and you can't kill Pl.

:vince: :vince: :vince:

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb
i think some posters in this thread are slowly coming to terms with the fact that their ~zehntausend Jahre Raumreich~ isn't actually so invincible and it isn't a comfortable reality for them

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Well I just got confused because it said I was in a Corp and I didn't remember joining anyone so I apologised to the Corp members and they told me it was a starter Corp that everyone is part of.

I thought I'd somehow infiltrated some group by mistake.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

VideoGames posted:

Well I just got into the game for a quick twenty minutes to do some mining and relaxing!

According to CCPs own stats, getting blown up is actually the best thing that can happen to you to keep you in the game beyond the 14 day trial period.

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy
I'm sure that if you post about it a few more times the walls will come crashing down and the common goon will have the blinders stricken from their eyes!

VideoGames posted:

Well I just got confused because it said I was in a Corp and I didn't remember joining anyone so I apologised to the Corp members and they told me it was a starter Corp that everyone is part of.

I thought I'd somehow infiltrated some group by mistake.

:shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

Xolve posted:

No dipshit, you're sitting there finger pointing saying some out of context pastebins that don't really say anything but are calling a smoking gun against the entire coalition arrayed against you, when in reality- it's some unimportant jerk off nobodies ever heard of being overly enthusiastic about killing supers and talking about his uncle who works at Blizzard CCP. There's no room up there for literally anyone in your "Direkkktorate", especially when it's talking about what may or may not be against the TOS.

tl;dr Grath is going to make goons great again and mittani doesn't want that

• Locked thread