Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

klafbang posted:

Goddamnit, Max... Bird: photo opportunity. Another bird: photo opportunity. Terrible evidence that might get destroyed: meh.

it would be hard to sleep with those photos pinned up on your wall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Okay, now is definitely Cop Time.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
:stare: There were a lot more binders in there.

Is the name of the English teacher who has been out sick the whole game in those files, by any chance? I think there's been a lot of little hints about what's going on there.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Binders full of women :catstare:

Captian Nuke
Aug 5, 2012

HiHo ChiRho posted:

Binders full of women :catstare:

Oh man the Prescotts are connected to the Romney campaign, we are through the looking glass here :tinfoil:

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
i...wow. I suspected something like that, but the actual impact of the scenes was......gently caress. jesus this game.

The odds were not in the favor of Rachel being alive, but the mounting realization, the monstrosity. holy poo poo Nathan deserves more than the beating he got from Warren, and Nathan's father might deserve even worse.

but...wait. That picture with Rachel (possibly dead) and Nathan posing with her COULD have been taken with a camera on a timer, but what if someone was holding it? :stare:

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Spatula City posted:

but...wait. That picture with Rachel (possibly dead) and Nathan posing with her COULD have been taken with a camera on a timer, but what if someone was holding it? :stare:
I'm suspecting Wells or Jefferson.

Panzer Skank
Jan 12, 2004

He's a regular-crab.
Not, like, a sex-crab.

Kaubocks posted:

it would be hard to sleep with those photos pinned up on your wall

This is the worst mental image :(

paragon1 posted:

:stare: There were a lot more binders in there.

Is the name of the English teacher who has been out sick the whole game in those files, by any chance? I think there's been a lot of little hints about what's going on there.

That would be Ms Hoida, and between all the files we've seen the story is that Nathan flipped out in her class and threw a desk at her. I think I was going to point that out in a video and totally forgot.

Spatula City posted:

Not to sway discussion in any direction but I neglected to examine an extremely expensive tripod set up in the dark room. It's on the left side near Chloe when she's staring at the cabinet.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
So uh, I'm suddenly reminded of something Jefferson said in the first episode that always stuck out as weird to me

[timg]http://lpix.org/2424867/79f29cd4d71a465f907a25813b4f2628[1].png[/timg]
[timg]http://lpix.org/2424868/eb30842fa4534fe78a77b8e96377ba3e[1].png[/timg]

It would also certainly explain why he was so quick to downplay what happened to Kate

Pretty uh, pretty fuckin' sure we've got enough dirt to call down the entire police department

Danaru fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Apr 10, 2016

ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010
I hope the cops make an appearance, I know "plucky protagonists save the town by themselves because police are hopeless" is a staple of young adult media but if nothing comes of this it's getting a bit silly.

I think you misinterpreted the letter from Nathan's psychiatrist, unless you're reading between the lines and I'm not getting it - he [the psychiatrist] says that he will stay away from Nathan because the family continues to ignore his advice, rather than telling his father to stay away because he's a bad influence. Although the latter is pretty obvious too.

THF13
Sep 26, 2007

Keep an adversary in the dark about what you're capable of, and he has to assume the worst.
gently caress this town's lovely police, there were binders for about a dozen women in there. Call the FBI.

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.
Between the letter from the dad about "destiny" and a convenient storm bunker right before the apocalypse tornado, I'm betting things will go full Twin Peaks insanity.

Good LP.

Or is it Sputnik
Aug 22, 2009

Oh, Ho-oh oh oh, oh whoa oh oh oh
I'll get 'em caught, show Oak what I've got
Well I'm a dummy. The worn down keys went entirely over my head. Fun fact: every note, newspaper or file you view is "saved" in a "location" in your journal. There's Blackwell girls dorm, the Price home, Junkyard and more. Even without the episode 4 puzzle where you crossreference Franks book and David's surveillance, there are a loving poo poo ton of files in the Price home! I scrolled for ages to find that lovely keypad code!

The barn and the amount of binders raises interesting questions: how long has this been going on for? Surely the police, bought or not, would be forced to act if, oh, several dozen young women went missing from a tiny town within a few years time? If it's been going on for longer, does it run in the family? Nathan is only 16, so unless he's been drugging and killing girls since he was a preteen there's got to be an accomplice.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Or is it Sputnik posted:

Well I'm a dummy. The worn down keys went entirely over my head. Fun fact: every note, newspaper or file you view is "saved" in a "location" in your journal. There's Blackwell girls dorm, the Price home, Junkyard and more. Even without the episode 4 puzzle where you crossreference Franks book and David's surveillance, there are a loving poo poo ton of files in the Price home! I scrolled for ages to find that lovely keypad code!

The barn and the amount of binders raises interesting questions: how long has this been going on for? Surely the police, bought or not, would be forced to act if, oh, several dozen young women went missing from a tiny town within a few years time? If it's been going on for longer, does it run in the family? Nathan is only 16, so unless he's been drugging and killing girls since he was a preteen there's got to be an accomplice.

Well Kate didn't get killed so it's possible that the women usually don't die?

That many binders, and the messages from Nathan's dad... I gotta think that the Prescott legacy is extremely dark.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Panzer Skank posted:

an extremely expensive tripod

Why is that a thing anyway? How much money can you spend on a tripod? Is that like buying high end digital cables?

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

Well Kate didn't get killed so it's possible that the women usually don't die?

That many binders, and the messages from Nathan's dad... I gotta think that the Prescott legacy is extremely dark.

It seems likely, at this point, Kate was one of the less subtle attempts.

Normally, it looks like it's kidnapping, sexual assault, and heavy drugging, then release. The victims are left with heavy psychological trauma, but no concrete memories, and probably enough lingering non-concrete shame they don't want to bring any attention to any of it.

Incredibly nasty setup, but with luck, and the money to ensure no-one asks questions...

Well, look at the Cosby case. You can keep something like this running for a long, long time.

Gantolandon
Aug 19, 2012

klafbang posted:

Goddamnit, Max... Bird: photo opportunity. Another bird: photo opportunity. Terrible evidence that might get destroyed: meh.

I find this incredibly frustrating. The contents of Rachel binder alone could get Nathan a life sentence.

Kangra
May 7, 2012

Air is lava! posted:

Why is that a thing anyway? How much money can you spend on a tripod? Is that like buying high end digital cables?

More like high-quality speakers. You can in fact spend ridiculous amounts (like upwards of $1000) on a tripod, but you're not getting much but a name. The difference between low-end and mid-to-high quality is pretty dramatic, though. What you get is better precision, easier control over exact positioning, and typically something that will hold position better and last longer. Whether that's exactly necessary is up to you. For a professional, I'm sure the time saved not having to fiddle with the adjustment is absolutely worth it.

(Note: this is for still cameras. Video camera tripods are much more demanding, and much more expensive, since they need to be stable and allow for smooth movement and control.)

FeralWraith
Dec 17, 2007
Lurking Bastard
Yeah, this part... :smith:

There have been only three songs that I have listened to that get me to cry any time I hear them. Mountains by Message to Bears is one of them; and those who watch the video know why. :smith:

:smith:

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Or is it Sputnik posted:

I think the idea is that Rachel is the only one that died, the rest were "only" drugged and manipulated.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!
Please, please call the police. If not them, the FBI. Bring hell and brimstone down on those Prescott pieces of poo poo.

ReturnOfFable
Oct 9, 2012

No tears, only dreams.
There's two more episodes after this one? Please tell me it's all uphill from here. :smith:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

ReturnOfFable posted:

There's two more episodes after this one? Please tell me it's all uphill from here. :smith:

Sometimes things just don't go as you plan.

Anchors
Nov 27, 2007
It's 110% sunshine and butterflies from here on out.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

ReturnOfFable posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Nl30OXrM8M

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Chump Farts posted:

Between the letter from the dad about "destiny" and a convenient storm bunker right before the apocalypse tornado, I'm betting things will go full Twin Peaks insanity.

Good LP.

I'm holding onto hope that maybe we'll get a last minute Deadly Premonition crossover.

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality
I'm wondering if Nathan's dad is in on it as well. Why else would he pay 1.3 million to build a hidden bunker under a barn? The dad sounds kinda crazy with his talk of destiny as well.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Chump Farts posted:

Good LP.

Seriously reading all of Nathan's dad's notes about how he is going to inherit his destiny soon I was like "Is... is Sean Prescott an evil wizard? Is that the twist?"

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

My genre's thriller... What's yours?

TwoPair posted:

Seriously reading all of Nathan's dad's notes about how he is going to inherit his destiny soon I was like "Is... is Sean Prescott an evil wizard? Is that the twist?"

I would be okay with this game having an action movie ending complete with Chloe quipping "Et in Arcadia ego, bitch" before dragon kicking Nathan's dad off the lighthouse cliff and into the tornado which promptly disperses.

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

I'm holding onto hope that maybe we'll get a last minute Deadly Premonition crossover.

TwoPair posted:

That's basically where I went with it immediately. He seems to not only know that there is an apocalypse coming, but welcomes it. The game has already had some supernatural stuff, so the only thing that would surprise me is everything JUST being a murder mystery.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

ReturnOfFable posted:

We're (apparently) two updates from the end of episode 4. There are a total of 5 episodes, so we've got one episode and some change, left to go.

Anti-Citizen
Oct 24, 2007
As You're Playing Chess, I'm Playing Russian Roulette
Just binged this ride of an LP, and gently caress that last update, seriously gently caress.

Seriously how do we get Dale Cooper out here?

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

I binged through the entire game a few days ago to ingest the story on my own terms before catching up with the LP. Now I have to wait for the rest of the LP with everyone else.

Also, for the first couple of videos, I kept expecting VoidBurger's voice because my only experience with the game before playing it was watching her videos of the first two episodes. :v:

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

ParliamentOfDogs posted:

I would be okay with this game having an action movie ending complete with Chloe quipping "Et in Arcadia ego, bitch" before dragon kicking Nathan's dad off the lighthouse cliff and into the tornado which promptly disperses.

Klatu Verato Get hosed-o?

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy
I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that Nathan's Dad is the one with the hosed up kidnap-and-murder agenda, and Nathan is being pulled into it. Could anyone cross reference the dates of Kate's abduction and the letter where Nathan's dad says he isn't proud of him? Is there a chance that it was referring to the fact that Nathan might have let Kate go, rather than the grisly alternative?

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality
Getting impatient to see what happens next. I'm still not desperate enough at this point to watch someone else who isn't panzer and brave the nightmares of a youtube let's play, now that would just be crazy.

That said I think I've finally reached the point where I'm just going to buy the game. I'm going to try and go for an evil Max playthrough if that's even possible. I'll be curious how much different I can make the choices compared to the thread's (wrong choices!).

Anyway good job getting to me buy this game Panzer Skank. Square Enix owes you a referral bonus!

Panzer Skank
Jan 12, 2004

He's a regular-crab.
Not, like, a sex-crab.

DropsySufferer posted:

Getting impatient to see what happens next. I'm still not desperate enough at this point to watch someone else who isn't panzer and brave the nightmares of a youtube let's play, now that would just be crazy.

That said I think I've finally reached the point where I'm just going to buy the game. I'm going to try and go for an evil Max playthrough if that's even possible. I'll be curious how much different I can make the choices compared to the thread's (wrong choices!).

Anyway good job getting to me buy this game Panzer Skank. Square Enix owes you a referral bonus!

Nice I love hearing this!! Playing the game yourself is definitely an Experience and i hope you love it!

I'm probably gonna post an update on sunday bc im an impatient baby and i wanna show yall more stuff immediately!!

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Would the evil Max run involve just dunking Warren at every opportunity or would it mean you need to be nice to him because that means you get to crush Brooke's dreams? Choices, choices...

Ogianres
Oct 21, 2008

Panzer Skank posted:

Nice I love hearing this!! Playing the game yourself is definitely an Experience and i hope you love it!

I'm probably gonna post an update on sunday bc im an impatient baby and i wanna show yall more stuff immediately!!

Throw another "bought it because couldn't wait for LP" on to the pile, I just had to know what happened after they find Rachel, and boy howdy does It Happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panzer Skank
Jan 12, 2004

He's a regular-crab.
Not, like, a sex-crab.

Hello hello! Another early one today with a Sunday :siren: NEW VIDEO :siren:

:siren:Let's go to a party. That's what you do after you're emotionally traumatized right, you go to a party?:siren:

Today's poll: closed!

We also got some journal pages today!

The song that plays when we enter the party is Breton - Got Well Soon [lyrics] Has anything like this ever struck you?

The song that plays around the time that we enter the Vortex VIP Lounge is William Davies - All Eyes On Me. This one isn't officially listed in the soundtrack so I didn't put it in the op, but it was written for the game (and I was content flagged for it lmao) so here it is.

Just a few personal notes:

I love that it opens with addressing the "why dont you go to the police" thing the thread keeps bringing up. They are lovely teens! They are both not great at making decisions normally, but now they have been pretty emotionally shattered and have become completely gung-ho about finishing this themselves. Welcome to the lovely teen zone!!!

My second note is that I god drat love the use of Breton's Got Well Soon here. The song is about crime and drugs and just god drat sounds like violence to me. It's like a auditory celebration of murder and it's just such a perfectly dark soundtrack to put behind all these clueless rich kids partying immediately after we discovered a body. Also if it interests you, the music video is really really good. I polsy linked it above!

Panzer Skank fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Apr 22, 2016

• Locked thread