Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Balon posted:

How are these human decks doing so well? Is no one playing any board wipes like Languish, Tendrils, Radiant Flames, etc?

e: the deck is a lot slower than Atarka Red and Atarka Red was getting hated out last season - how is that not translating to this?

Because it's week 1 and everyone is playing too aggressively to want board wipes because the effect hurts more than it helps too often to want it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Balon posted:

How are these human decks doing so well? Is no one playing any board wipes like Languish, Tendrils, Radiant Flames, etc?

e: the deck is a lot slower than Atarka Red and Atarka Red was getting hated out last season - how is that not translating to this?

Got it in one.

Even the Bx decks lying around are midrange grind decks that would themselves get wiped from a languish.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

GeneX posted:

Got it in one.

Even the Bx decks lying around are midrange grind decks that would themselves get wiped from a languish.

The bant company deck is good vs languish decks anyway. If they tap out for a turn 4 languish you still get to coco, and you have tons of card advantage, sylvan advocates, and lumbering falls which are hard for the control decks to deal with.

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.
Also to note, 7/8 decks in the top 8 are playing white.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Balon posted:

Also to note, 7/8 decks in the top 8 are playing white.

Lists up anywhere yet?

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

TheKingofSprings posted:

Lists up anywhere yet?

Not yet.

Battle lands and shadow lands with white in them is probably going to go up a little. Goggles went from 3 to 10 pretty quickly. Arlin should be falling like a meteor. What a weird day.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.
Diverse finals!

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

TheKingofSprings posted:

Lists up anywhere yet?

Guarantee that Jim Davis's list is very close to Kevin Jones's list, if not identical.

http://www.starcitygames.com/events/coverage/bant_company_with_kevin_jones.html

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Balon posted:

This monoW humans deck isn't slow

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
I miss supreme verdict

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

The game on camera is what magic is all about. Holy poo poo.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Compare the pace of this match to when they switch to Jim Davis lol

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

I am actually thankful for MTGO for the reason that beta allows me to get burned out on a deck before I decide to spend way too much money on a week 1 deck.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.
I like watching Todd Anderson lose.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
That UR deck has all the trappings of a Day 1 SCG-tourney deck that does well because nobody knows what it's doing.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Angry Grimace posted:

That UR deck has all the trappings of a Day 1 SCG-tourney deck that does well because nobody knows what it's doing.

Didn't a similar Goggles deck do pretty well last year about this time?

Alaan
May 24, 2005

There was a mill version using Sphinx's Tutelage copying the discard then draw red spells. Since this is copying real cards instead of just draw that draws you more air it's a lot better. It's still relying on a five mana artifact though.

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Balon posted:

I had a guy on full salty tilt playing a Sphinxes Rev / Startled Awake mill deck on Xmage.

Turns out Displacement Wave and Engulf the Shore really messes with it.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

The secret humans sideboard tech is Eerie Interlude.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

mcmagic posted:

Compare the pace of this match to when they switch to Jim Davis lol

The first two games of Jim's match took +12 minutes over the first two games of the other match. Granted, the other match had Mono-W Humans on one side, but that's a lot of time.

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Angry Grimace posted:

The secret humans sideboard tech is Eerie Interlude.

Not sure about the pro lists but the ones I've been knocking heads with all make heavy use of Secure the Wastes so I'm not sure how goo that would be

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Do we have a list for Kellen's Humans deck?

Alaan
May 24, 2005

The top 8 one isn't playing it. Just all normal creatures. Thalia's Lieutenant could be pretty hilarious off a Interlude though. Everything comes back swole, Lieutenant gets loving huge.

Edit: no t8 lists yet that I can see.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

AceClown posted:

Not sure about the pro lists but the ones I've been knocking heads with all make heavy use of Secure the Wastes so I'm not sure how goo that would be

Secure the Wastes is a nonbo with Tangible Virtue, and gets its lunch eaten by Declaration in Stone. It showed up in the tokens deck, which was more of an all-in on activating Westvale Abbey.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

BJPaskoff posted:

The first two games of Jim's match took +12 minutes over the first two games of the other match. Granted, the other match had Mono-W Humans on one side, but that's a lot of time.

There taking your time and thinking your moves through and then there's being Jim Davis. :v:

clamiam45
Sep 10, 2005

HIGH FIVE! I'M GAY TOO!!!!!!
On a related note, I'm enjoying Craig Krempels' and Cedric Phillips' banter a lot this weekend. I enjoyed the Patrick Sullivan and Cedric Phillips combination too, but I like these guys more. Krempels is more funny and playful compared to Sullivan's crotchety and angry.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

And that's 15.

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

Competence on the battlefield is a myth. The side which screws up next to last wins, it's as simple as that.

clamiam45 posted:

On a related note, I'm enjoying Craig Krempels' and Cedric Phillips' banter a lot this weekend. I enjoyed the Patrick Sullivan and Cedric Phillips combination too, but I like these guys more. Krempels is more funny and playful compared to Sullivan's crotchety and angry.

You are a crazy person. This combo is alright but Sullivan wasn't angry or anything.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

AceClown posted:

Fun fact IE lets you pick any number of creatures

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Thopter Spy Network Investigate deck. Feasible? I'm guessing most people have dismissed it as being too slow, but I like the idea of getting big unblockable Tireless Trackers using Whirler Rogue and getting all the card advantage via Thopters and sacking clues.

Edit: On a different note, I foresee Natural State getting jammed into every green sideboard from here on out with the number of Always Watching and white-based enchantment removal floating around.

AlternateNu fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Apr 11, 2016

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Looks like Davis is going to win, since I literally know two things about the guy (that stupid article he wrote, and the fact he plays glacially slow) and both them make him seem like a twat.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Relevant creature type, thank you Sylvan Advocate for being such a bastard.

Jim Davis needs to go.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Collected Company, 3G instant: put two Reflector Mages into play from your deck.

Henron
Feb 19, 2010

Arms held out
In your Jesus Christ pose
Jim Davis Owns.

clamiam45
Sep 10, 2005

TheLawinator posted:

You are a crazy person. This combo is alright but Sullivan wasn't angry or anything.

It seemed like he was always complaining.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

clamiam45 posted:

It seemed like he was always complaining.

I am sorry you feel that way but Sullivan is the greatest magic commentator that has ever done the job.

Henron posted:

Jim Davis Owns.

gently caress, back to back terrible opinions.

Sickening fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Apr 11, 2016

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Nice. Alright. Big Red it is for now.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Anyone have that monowhite humans list? My friend is running it

Rimusutera
Oct 17, 2014
Aggro decks can and always will be able to play around wraths.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clamiam45
Sep 10, 2005

Sickening posted:

I am sorry you feel that way but Sullivan is the greatest magic commentator that has ever done the job.

gently caress, back to back terrible opinions.

I enjoy him a lot on Ced Talks and on commentary, I just don't think he's the best. To be fair he's probably the second best (in his prime) after Randy Buehler and Brian David Marshall combination.

Edit: Also Patrick Sullivan reads the Economist. :wtc:

clamiam45 fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Apr 11, 2016

• Locked thread