Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

That sucks dude. Hopefully the cops find them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nomex
Jul 17, 2002

Flame retarded.
None that record. I couldn't tell from the footage if they were wearing gloves or not. The crime scene guy said there's a good chance it'll be found after the weekend, however we'll see in what condition. It's not a very forgiving bike.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Pretty sure the rear end in a top hat in the striped hoodie is wearing gloves.

Obviously the resolution and the lighting isn't the best, but any chance of getting any digits off the plate off the Ford Edge by playing with photoshop? I'd also keep my eyes open in the neighborhood for light color Edges. They obviously knew you had a bike in your garage so they either followed you or have seen you coming and going.

If the bike is recovered and trashed, here's to hoping they get hurt by it in the process.

Which city do you live in?

Nomex
Jul 17, 2002

Flame retarded.
Calgary, south central. This is the third time I've caught people breaking into stuff in my alley. It might be time to talk to the neighbors and get a neighborhood watch going.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Nomex posted:

Calgary, south central. This is the third time I've caught people breaking into stuff in my alley. It might be time to talk to the neighbors and get a neighborhood watch going.

I've seriously been considering booby trapping stuff. Yeah it's illegal, but are thieves really gonna go to the cops?

I was lucky enough to get my truck back, but that's down to the people who stole it being really, really dumb.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Powershift posted:

I was lucky enough to get my truck back, but that's down to the people who stole it being really, really dumb.

The other day I saw an F150 with the inverse of your crackhead centre cap paint job and I was like "holy poo poo, so that's why they did it."

Nomex
Jul 17, 2002

Flame retarded.
So the guy decided to gas my bike up at the Woodbine Husky on 24th:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mN8NT76BOb0

loving idiot is still wearing my helmet.

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep

Nomex posted:

So the guy decided to gas my bike up at the Woodbine Husky on 24th:

Did someone at the Husky recognize the bike?

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Good video finally a face. I am curious how you managed to get it or knew to get it? Did someone you know see it gassing up?

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

slidebite posted:

Good video finally a face. I am curious how you managed to get it or knew to get it? Did someone you know see it gassing up?

he is the Bat

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Eat a dick backyard, you're getting turned into garage.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

:eyepop:

You are building a hangar?

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

slidebite posted:

:eyepop:

You are building a hangar?

30' wide, 40' deep, and 12' to the ceiling.

gently caress yeah.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

I'd love to meet the prick at CT who decided to spec the new buses with HIDZZZZZZZZZZ. I mean really, you don't need headlights to drive in this city at night let alone 12000k retina toasters.

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
At first glance (MY EYES!) I read that as "RIMZZZ" and imagined white-and-blue City of Calgary buses driving around with 30" spinning rims.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

^ That would be fantastic.
Split spinners.

I think the new Lethbridge buses are LED but they're not bad to look at.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
The buses already have hydraulics to kneel, they should just go all the way and change the Green Line into the Swagway.

If it doesn't scrape, you don't pay.

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

That's a slippery slope, first we've got low rider buses. Next we're taking pages out of Panama's public transportation book and have repurposed school buses running 200psi of boost with auxillary propane and nitrous injection roalling coal on the Henday / Deerfoot.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

McTinkerson posted:

That's a slippery slope, first we've got low rider buses. Next we're taking pages out of Panama's public transportation book and have repurposed school buses running 200psi of boost with auxillary propane and nitrous injection roalling coal on the Henday / Deerfoot.

And?

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

And switching to school buses loses like 300 points of street cred since our current buses are rear-engined like a Porsche

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

Tommychu posted:

And switching to school buses loses like 300 points of street cred since our current buses are rear-engined like a Porsche

They got lots of room in the back, we got lots of 6-71s lying around doing nothing.

You don't want your kids to get killed in a rear end accident, do you? No? Won't someone please think of the children?

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

I suppose the tone of my post was a little negative. That was not my intent, it was more wishful thinking.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I have to believe the retina piercing HIDzzz is a cost saving strategy given that there are a group of drivers in CT that will find any minor excuse with their vehicle to pack it in because it is "unsafe to operate". The most ridiculous one I've heard was something like the wiper motor on a LRT not working on a clear summer's day.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Up at Ritchie Bros in Edmonton. They upped the sale to 5 days and holy hell is there ever a lot of stuff.

Like hundreds of everything. An unbelievable amount of stuff.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

Powershift posted:

Up at Ritchie Bros in Edmonton. They upped the sale to 5 days and holy hell is there ever a lot of stuff.

Anything good in Honda Fits?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I've been walking for 4 hours and haven't found the cars yet.

Would a track hoe do? They got 100s of those.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
Maybe you can pick up a pit bike while you're there and use it to ride around?

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Yeah look for a grom or something.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Maybe you can pick up a pit bike while you're there and use it to ride around?

They left the keys in all the cars but they probably would have frowned upon new ripping around in the 850i, which would be the obvious choice.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

RVs or other toys?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

slidebite posted:

RVs or other toys?

Oh yeah, tons. some really nice stuff too

https://www.rbauction.com/edmonton-ab?id=ci&s=Y2l8Tj00Mjk0ODQ4OTIyKzQyOTQ5NjYwOTQrNDI5NDI4NzI4MQ

Interesting sstuff that comes to mind:

A chinese mini jeep thing with a 3 cylinder gas engine and a legit 5 speed manual

4.1 eldo https://www.rbauction.com/1983-CADILLAC-BIARRITZ-5-Passenger?invId=9185719&id=ci&auction=EDMONTON-AB-2016305

Somewhat ratty 850i. If a clean one goes for $3500, this thing should be $1500 https://www.rbauction.com/1991-BMW-850I?invId=9148559&id=ci&auction=EDMONTON-AB-2016305

Baller as gently caress needlenose pete. it was missing some parts but it has a big cam cummins and 18 speed. https://www.rbauction.com/1956-PETERBILT-351-Rebuilt-Sleeper?invId=8867915&id=ci&auction=EDMONTON-AB-2016305

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I had the 1984 biaritz which I think was the first year of electronic fuel injection. Champagne colour. Too much tech for 1984. Auto dimming high beams etc.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

drat man, they already have the frost walls poured.

Nomex
Jul 17, 2002

Flame retarded.
gently caress you and your enormous garage :)

Powershift posted:

I wonder what these will go for:

https://www.rbauction.com/2016-SUIHE-16D6-10-Ft-Bench-UNUSED?invId=8908257&id=ci&auction=EDMONTON-AB-2016305

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Noice. I would kill for that but even more so for a proper shop that could take it. :(

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

jonathan posted:

I had the 1984 biaritz which I think was the first year of electronic fuel injection. Champagne colour. Too much tech for 1984. Auto dimming high beams etc.

My car had auto dimming high beams in 1973 :colbert:

Way too much, around $900 and they are absolute trash, total loving garbage. paper thin sheet metal and the "chromed" handles on a lot of them are already rusting.

There are 2 big 2 piece husky boxes still in the cardboard though that wouldn't totally suck at $400. The little stuff goes through the timed auctions though, and people go full retard.

edit: 10 days out and there are already 581 lights towers booked in. I think by the end of the run they're going to be going for pennies. most of them are 3 cylinder kubotas, around 25hp. JB weld 4 of em together and bam, 3.6 liter diesel V12.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Apr 16, 2016

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
I could definitely go for a quality toolbox if one shows up. Do they ever get something like actual machinists' tools or is stuff like lathes ending up elsewhere?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Yeah, there are a bunch of CNC lathes and stuff there.

As for machinists tools, CPA and michener's industrial sales in calgary always have big cast iron lathes and iron workers and bridgeports and press brakes.

You could rig up a pretty bitchin old school machine shop for 10 grand.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Powershift posted:

My car had auto dimming high beams in 1973 :colbert:
On the Lincoln? How did they work?

Also, someone in Edmonton go kick this douche in the nuts OK?
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/edmonton/babied-truck-that-will-wake-up-ur-nabours/1156711477?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

slidebite posted:

On the Lincoln? How did they work?

Also, someone in Edmonton go kick this douche in the nuts OK?
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/edmonton/babied-truck-that-will-wake-up-ur-nabours/1156711477?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

There aren't many vehicles I want to just set on fire and push into the ocean, but you found one

The elusive Laramine Ram.