Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

ranbo das posted:

please source your quotes

I actually for the first time watched an esport event, heroes of the dorm on espn.

It was mostly silly build up and commentary, with the game on after tons of commercials and build up.

It was more exciting to my wife than baseball and she had no idea what was going on, and actively dislikes exports.

Baseball existing is bad, and the schadenfreude is on me that it still exists as a major league.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I too do not see the allure of pretty much any sport except archery. That being said, I did lose my hearing at age 5 accompanied with very mild brain damage so maybe I just skipped the "Sports!" portion of boyhood that other kids get.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I too do not see the allure of pretty much any sport except archery. That being said, I did lose my hearing at age 5 accompanied with very mild brain damage so maybe I just skipped the "Sports!" portion of boyhood that other kids get.

It's not being deaf that did it, since I'm hearing, if you want to narrow down reasons

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

Malachite_Dragon posted:

...with very mild brain damage so maybe I just skipped the "Sports!" portion of boyhood that other kids get.
Weird, most folk with brain damage just end up supporting the Patriots.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Jastiger posted:

I actually for the first time watched an esport event, heroes of the dorm on espn.

It was mostly silly build up and commentary, with the game on after tons of commercials and build up.

So, exactly like other sports.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

A really good way to gently caress up your back suplex.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I was never really into sports, either (too fat and goony). I did a bit of target shooting when I was a little kid, and I only got into weightlifting in my early 20s, because it turns out it's the only sport I can really get into, for some reason.

There's a definite sense of accomplishment involved when completing a feat of any kind, physical or otherwise. It's pretty basic psychology, especially if you are able to share that accomplishment with a group, achieving something that would be impossible to do alone. Gotta get high on those endorphins, yo.

There's also an element of that when fans get all riled up because their team won, even though they objectively didn't have a drat thing to do with it. You instinctively want to be part of the winning team.

God, I feel like such a goon writing this.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Semprini posted:

Weird, most folk with brain damage just end up supporting the Patriots.

God drat, dude.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

If you can drink and or smoke while competing in something (darts, poker, vidja games, etc), its just a game not a sport.

schadenfreude: I had my gallbladder removed yesterday, and my little bombay catte is FURIOUS she cant sit in my lap cuz an ice pack is in the way.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

If you can drink and or smoke while competing in something (darts, poker, vidja games, etc), its just a game not a sport.

schadenfreude: I had my gallbladder removed yesterday, and my little bombay catte is FURIOUS she cant sit in my lap cuz an ice pack is in the way.

All sports are just games man. Don't make sports more than it is, which is people playing games at a really high level for entertainment purposes (and there is nothing wrong with that, entertainment is awesome).

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

You can technically drink, smoke and solve Rubik's Cube puzzle, while completing in every single sporting event imaginable. Even bobsled.

Nitrox has a new favorite as of 12:42 on Apr 11, 2016

Varsity
Jun 4, 2006

Some schadenfreude I witnessed yesterday, dashcam footage!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vtQP05J2-I

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Varsity posted:

Nice. Send it to the cops if you haven't already!

Na'at
May 5, 2003

You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star
Lipstick Apathy

kizudarake posted:

God drat, dude.

I mean, he's not wrong

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day

Nitrox posted:

You can technically drink, smoke and solve Rubik's Cube puzzle, while completing in every single sporting event imaginable. Even bobsled.

It would be very difficult to do most of those in synchronized swimming.

I would like to see more high divers put down their beers/out a cigarette right before their routines though.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
NYC Subway Schadenfreude:

Saturday night I was on my way home on a crowded 2 train where every seat was taken except for one...where someone had clearly puked on an issue of Us Weekly and left it there to congeal to the bench. We come to the Franklin Ave stop and this big angry guy decides he's going to force his way into a clearly packed car, pushing and elbowing. He spots the empty seat and rushes over, not bothering to ask himself why there's an empty seat on a crowded train in the first place.

I'm not sure which was more satisfying...the *squelch* as he sat in a pool of vomit, or that he actually got half the car to bust out laughing.

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world
"...and while they all finished laughing at me, I knew they were all a bunch of weak, lyin', losers, and that's why I'm voting for our city's own The Donald for President because he's going to Make America Stop Laughing at me!"

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
A lot of people never played catch with dad ITT

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I was in Austin walking by a bus stop and all of a suddenly I hear this yelling. This dude has a piece of wood or a bat and it slamming it against the bus stop shattering it and yelling about something. 30 seconds later the bus stop and he gets on yelling at the top of his lungs. I keep walking and stop into a store for a few minutes. Come out and keep walking in the direction of the bus and the guy is on the sidewalk being cuffed by a cop explaining that this is all a big misunderstanding. I also noticed he had two black eyes.

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat

Pope Corky the IX posted:

NYC Subway Schadenfreude:

Saturday night I was on my way home on a crowded 2 train where every seat was taken except for one...where someone had clearly puked on an issue of Us Weekly and left it there to congeal to the bench. We come to the Franklin Ave stop and this big angry guy decides he's going to force his way into a clearly packed car, pushing and elbowing. He spots the empty seat and rushes over, not bothering to ask himself why there's an empty seat on a crowded train in the first place.

I'm not sure which was more satisfying...the *squelch* as he sat in a pool of vomit, or that he actually got half the car to bust out laughing.

Just curious, do they have custodians who clean the trains on the go, or would the puke stay there until the end of a shift/scheduled downtime for maintenance? I have no experience with how they maintain a massive transit system in big cities.

Edit - since I had to know the answer to this useless question - each train is supposed to be cleaned when it arrives at it's home terminal, which is about six times a day. A deep cleaning with a power washer is supposed to happen during maintenance every few weeks.

Canuckistan has a new favorite as of 16:18 on Apr 11, 2016

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Big old gallery of Schadenfreude

http://i.imgur.com/zTCg6F7.webm

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Canuckistan posted:

Just curious, do they have custodians who clean the trains on the go, or would the puke stay there until the end of a shift/scheduled downtime for maintenance? I have no experience with how they maintain a massive transit system in big cities.

Edit - since I had to know the answer to this useless question - each train is supposed to be cleaned when it arrives at it's home terminal, which is about six times a day. A deep cleaning with a power washer is supposed to happen during maintenance every few weeks.

Unless someone gets shot or something, there is no cleaning while the trains are in transit. That seat covered in vomit and Us Weekly will stay there, because the alternative is sacrificing an MTA employee to the riders as he attempts to hold up the train at a stop in order to clean it.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Is this the new trailer release that everyone has been talking about from the MTV movie awards?

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

BrianBoitano posted:

Nice. Send it to the cops if you haven't already!

Not a good idea to send the cops of video of you breaking the law; Florida's a keep-right-except-to-pass state.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

Phanatic posted:

Not a good idea to send the cops of video of you breaking the law; Florida's a keep-right-except-to-pass state.

Also, the video only evidences that he was speeding and is a reckless driver. It doesn't tell the cops anything about the accident.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

Saturniid19 posted:

As someone whose job includes cleaning a public restroom, and as a man who lives with three women, ftfy.

The schadenfreude is on me.

yeah, my experience working jobs where i had to clean both bathrooms when i was younger was that, while the men's was usually a bit dirtier than the women's, if there was something horrifying in the bathrooms it was in the women's 100% of the time

i'm talking "poo poo on the cubicle walls/tampon disposal, floor covered in a lake of piss" type of things

the men's was usually kind of unpleasant but it was never like that

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZ5BNz-TnFo

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Centripetal Horse posted:

This is hilarrible. On the one hand: that poor kid! On the other hand: lolololol. The look of pure, unadulterated joy on that kids face as he launches himself into the air, followed by face-planting onto the unyielding earth and the gnarled roots of that tree, is a perfect metaphor for life.

In forty years, that dad isn't going to understand why his son never comes to visit him in the old-folks home. For his part, the son won't know why, either. All he'll know is that he's always felt his father loved his sister more than himself.

Nah, this would come out during a fight when the kid is in his teenage years. "Remember that time you didn't catch me? YOU NEVER LOVED ME!" Then Dad will pull out his phone and play the video, and everybody will laugh at the kid because he made a stupid mistake.

This is poo poo that will be at his first wedding. "Wow, he got a good wife there. Now look at this little idiot eating poo poo when he was young. Good thing I like my daughter more!"

MNIMWA
Dec 1, 2014

This is great - the failed, painful-looking leap to try and grab the trailer, the tractor joining in...

The only thing that could make it better would be if those motorbikes toppled over like dominos

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Ah, golf. The drunk driving sport.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5YQ3eDDkUQ

e: This one's a lot better.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jiNEjVbt0c

LawfulWaffle has a new favorite as of 17:40 on Apr 11, 2016

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Pretty much. A friend of my brother's has put carts into ponds on multiple occasions.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

I like this one:

http://i.imgur.com/LKQvWpj.webm

It's not that bad when you fail together :).

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Palpek posted:

I like this one:

http://i.imgur.com/LKQvWpj.webm

It's not that bad when you fail together :).

What's great is that the second wouldn't have fallen if she hadn't turned to laugh at her friend. Schadenfreude within schadenfreude.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Varsity posted:

So does Pensacola just not have traffic or

I mean that's like North Korea right there.

Varsity
Jun 4, 2006

Phanatic posted:

The cop I spoke to seemed to appreciate it, guy was arrested on scene for DUI. I drove in the left lane for a bit, but that part of the interstate ends and turns into a one-way street where I needed to turn left.

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

I doubt the cops would give a poo poo about that sort of thing considering he has clear evidence of a motorist recklessly driving.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I like how he put on his flashers while driving as big Drunk Indicators

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

moist turtleneck posted:

I like how he put on his flashers while driving as big Drunk Indicators
Hazard lights mean a lot of things - "I'm speeding because I want to go faster", "My car is disabled", "I can park here", "oh no I'm just running into the store right here so its okay", etc. So handy.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

99% of the time I see people with their hazards on it's because they're very illegally parked and "just have to grab something from this store real quick". Very often it's in a bus stop. The best was when someone did this at a really big bus stop and the buses boxed the idiot in while the cops could arrive to give quite a ticket. The lady in the truck was just screaming the whole time. Huge screaming fit about how it would have been fine the buses just went around her and she had to pick up her photos from the photo place but couldn't find parking on that exact block. Most of the time though these idiots get off consequence free though :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Jesus, kid, you're almost a detective. All you need now is a gun, a gut, and three ex-wives.
I've seen people turn on hazards while driving to indicate when they are on the phone, people use them for the stupidest things. One that really boggled my mind was someone that had their flashers on because they were driving very slow on the highway while it was raining, which on it's own isn't a bad thing, but they were in the far left lane while doing it. If you're going to drive so slow that you feel you need to turn on your hazards you don't do it in the fast/passing lane. :psyduck:

Going to two different commuter-heavy universities I've gotten used to calling them "park anywhere lights" because that's definitely their primary purpose anywhere near campus.