Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Felony posted:

I don't believe I have done that quest. What's odd is it is in my processing list which means I have either learned it from an npc and/or made it myself. I could have sworn I have made them.

As mentioned by others you probably got it from melting down a weapon of some sort. If you enter keplan from the northeast entrance right in front of you there should be this smithy building, there is a dwarf in there named "villager" who, if you have high enough gathering/processing, will give you a quest to go talk to vatudun. He'll give you a quest line that will end with the processing knowledge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

J posted:

Am I about to get ganked all the time shortly? :ohdear:

I passed 45 today and i'm terrified

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Ok a few questions:

1. I keep seeing a set of prices on the marketplace for a lot of goods. Where is this marketplace and how do I sell these things.

2. What are gems and what do I do with them.

3. What are easter eggs and what do I do with them.

4. How do I start all the cool production minigames like fishing and farming or whatever.

5. When do I buy slaves and have them work the land so that I may sell the fruits of their labor for profit.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug
Berious is my in-game friend. :3:

My ~MMO break~ is over tomorrow. Birginia'll be back to punch rocks/punch helms/punch gorpys.

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist
Doflamingo
Wu_Tang
Elemental
Arabica
Rhyannor
Hobbes
Budgie
Steamwheel
McNubson

if your name is on this list, you need to log in, swap to mediah 01, and pm me for a contract update. i have been spamming the majority of you for well over a week with contract updates and PMs, and you never respond.

do this or get purged until you do this

edit: If the icon to the right of your name is blue in the guild list, your contract has expired. You do not get guild benefits nor do you help level up the guild.

lewtt fucked around with this message at 09:54 on Apr 11, 2016

Rubicon
Dec 16, 2005
Al bisogno si conosce l'amico
What's with the Collect Money button on the guild tab? Is that the daily pay the contract talks about and am I suppose to be collecting it?

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Rubicon posted:

What's with the Collect Money button on the guild tab? Is that the daily pay the contract talks about and am I suppose to be collecting it?

Yes. You have to manually collect it each day.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

It's dirty money don't collect it. You don't want to leave a paper trail to grithok's horse sperm laundering schemes.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
God damnit, I go off and do things and like 5 people whisper me for a guild invite.

Also if you say gune I am probably not going to invite you

Braxia, Fruitpunch, Auryli, Alcoholic, Burgmundr, Krolmy, Grithok, and MUMBLE loving MUMBLE YOU DUMB PIECES OF poo poo are the best way to get an invite.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

But Grithok you say.

I don't have a microphone.
I am anti-social.
I can't talk and play at the same time.
I can't speak english.

Don't worry. Everyone else in mumble are a bunch of nerds talking about nerd stuff. Just do it.

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

Third World Reggin posted:

It's going to be okay man, we hate having to ask you to invite us just as much as you hate having to receive the whispers

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
There is no way in hell that is true.

You may have to deal with me once or not at all

i have to deal with you chuckle fucks with no class all the god drat time

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Grithok is a literal AI who lives on mumble, he's never not there.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Eltoasto posted:

I am going to be under your bed.

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist
Got my Trina Cannon built. Tested it on drinkfist, then came to a stunning realization that it knocks down pretty effectively. So I did the first goony thing I could think of:

Which got me to thinking of goonier things:

With expected goony results:

A shame cannonballs are so expensive right now. I can buy practice cannonballs from the guild shop vendor, but they only knockdown, not do damage.

Luckily, anyone can shove cannonballs into my cannon

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Eltoasto posted:

Chill, you don't have to worry too much. Since all the Cool Happening Kids are in Mediah now so long as you don't AFK in a combat zone you'll probably never be ganked.

Probably.

I mean pretty much nobody revisits the levelling areas except to activate resource nodes or to level alts so you'll probably see very few people anyway. Endgame grind areas and main highways will be a totally different story during prime time but since I'm Oceanic it's extremely rare for me to be gaming during those hours anyway.

I levelled my Valk to 51 and have never been ganked or even attacked. Then again I also don't try to intrude on groups farming places, which may help. I got told to "leave now" once (understandably so TBH because I was totally stepping on their toes) and I just moved to a different area and kept grinding away happily on the exact same mobs.

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

J posted:

Am I about to get ganked all the time shortly? :ohdear:

There's ghille suited assholes all around you at this very moment, just waiting for the ding.

Bede
Jun 2, 2006

I wasn't even around for the goblin baby vote
How much damage does a real cannon ball do? Can we trade cannon balls?

I didn't realize you could deploy these yet so I ignored the siege workshop. I need to repurpose part of my production empire.

AppliedPhilosophy
Aug 7, 2012
Did you put a cannon on a boat?!

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
Catching up on old gathering/crafting quest chains has been very difficult. I'm going through the one to be able to smelt my own ingots, and the quest to harvest wheat isn't making itself available :confused: Last quest gave me the fence and the seed, but no new quest to use them with. Going to just make some more beer and hope this cooking advancement lv10 quest might trigger it.

tastychicken
Jul 17, 2007
Title text goes here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvb4zUEwaAs

no comment

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Third World Reggin posted:

God damnit, I go off and do things and like 5 people whisper me for a guild invite.

Braxia, Fruitpunch, Auryli, Alcoholic, Burgmundr, Krolmy, Grithok, and MUMBLE loving MUMBLE YOU DUMB PIECES OF poo poo are the best way to get an invite.

Do not whisper Braxia because I'm not an officer and if I was I'd just refer you back to Grithok anyway.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Stanley Pain posted:

Do not whisper Braxia because I'm not an officer and if I was I'd just refer you back to Grithok anyway.
Don't listen to him, Braxia's forum name is Braxia and he actually is officer.

crazystray
Aug 7, 2005
Grow or die.

lewtt posted:

Got my Trina Cannon built. Tested it on drinkfist, then came to a stunning realization that it knocks down pretty effectively. So I did the first goony thing I could think of:

Which got me to thinking of goonier things:

With expected goony results:

A shame cannonballs are so expensive right now. I can buy practice cannonballs from the guild shop vendor, but they only knockdown, not do damage.

Luckily, anyone can shove cannonballs into my cannon

This, this is what I have been waiting for with this game.

What did it take to build the cannon? We need more of them.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

kalstrams posted:

Don't listen to him, Braxia's forum name is Braxia and he actually is officer.

Please send all potatoes and potato questions to Potatoe. Thanks

-- The Management.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
I HAD NO IDEA YOU COULD JUST PUT CANNONS DOWN

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Ensign, raise the beariscope.

gently caress yes, cannons on boats. Can you actually damage other boats if you use live rounds in that?

What remote access client should I be using to afk fish my way to riches while I'm at work? Still Teamviewer, or has the world finally come up with something better?

CountingWizard
Jul 6, 2004

Your Loyal Vizier posted:

gently caress yes, cannons on boats. Can you actually damage other boats if you use live rounds in that?

What remote access client should I be using to afk fish my way to riches while I'm at work? Still Teamviewer, or has the world finally come up with something better?

I would say placing any cannons or horses on a boat is a bad idea. The game does really weird things with them. I once caused inception when I rode a horse onto a ferry which then sailed away. The game couldn't handle me riding a horse riding a ferry and the mount started drifting across the deck of the ship so I dismounted and we both immediately found ourselves at the bottom of a very deep sea. I was able to hop back on the horse and ride around until my horse suddenly died (from drowning) which also killed me.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Dear everyone who voted in favor of auto-pathing...

You're all terrible. Why would you ever think that auto-pathing was a good idea? As if auto-fishing wasn't bad enough, now we can all have max level tier 9000 horses with no work involved. I play on Orwen - Calpheon 2, and depending on who's online, I'm between rank 1-3 in training. Why? Because I worked for it. I went out, captured a million wild horses, and sat there running my horses all over the map to level and breed them. It was a great quality of the game, and now you people ruined it. What is the point of playing a game if you aren't actually playing it? Please. Tell me. "Waaah, leveling horses takes too long." Well, then maybe you don't deserve a good horse if you aren't willing to put forth the effort to get one. It boils down to laziness, and your instant gratification mindsets.

And for those of you who are going to tell me that I'm a raging no-life nerd, and the only reason why I can get professional 3 in training is because I'm unemployed and live in my Mom's basement, no. You're wrong. I work full time. The horse aspect of the game was an enjoyable thing for me to do when I do play, which I preferred over grinding mobs, or anything else.

Oh, and thanks. Now there are no carrots on the marketplace.

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

CountingWizard posted:

I would say placing any cannons or horses on a boat is a bad idea. The game does really weird things with them. I once caused inception when I rode a horse onto a ferry which then sailed away. The game couldn't handle me riding a horse riding a ferry and the mount started drifting across the deck of the ship so I dismounted and we both immediately found ourselves at the bottom of a very deep sea. I was able to hop back on the horse and ride around until my horse suddenly died (from drowning) which also killed me.

I really don't see what the problem is here as this sounds :krad:

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

Snatch Duster posted:

:lol:

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Your Loyal Vizier posted:

Chrome Remote Desktop works well enough for me.

I believe a more pressing question is: how many cannons can be placed on a single farm cart at the same time?

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

sushibandit posted:

Chrome Remote Desktop works well enough for me.

I believe a more pressing question is: how many cannons can be placed on a single farm cart at the same time?

Not enough :black101:

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Snatch Duster posted:

You're all terrible. Why would you ever think that auto-pathing was a good idea? As if auto-fishing wasn't bad enough, now we can all have max level tier 9000 horses with no work involved. I play on Orwen - Calpheon 2, and depending on who's online, I'm between rank 1-3 in training. Why? Because I worked for it. I went out, captured a million wild horses, and sat there running my horses all over the map to level and breed them. It was a great quality of the game, and now you people ruined it. What is the point of playing a game if you aren't actually playing it? Please. Tell me. "Waaah, leveling horses takes too long." Well, then maybe you don't deserve a good horse if you aren't willing to put forth the effort to get one. It boils down to laziness, and your instant gratification mindsets.

And for those of you who are going to tell me that I'm a raging no-life nerd, and the only reason why I can get professional 3 in training is because I'm unemployed and live in my Mom's basement, no. You're wrong. I work full time. The horse aspect of the game was an enjoyable thing for me to do when I do play, which I preferred over grinding mobs, or anything else.

Sorry you lost your medal above your head. Cheer up buttercup it's not the end of the world. At least with carrots being in high demand you can now become a farming master until that too is auto.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Snatch Duster posted:

Source quotes fucker.

I like the autopathing but I didn't find leveling up my horse too awful. Unless 20+ gets stupid? But I did do a lot of runs between epheira port and heidel and velia and Celphia (spelling all those names wrong). Also do fishing boats have an end of life durability like wagons?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
People use horses as something other than a taxi that just gets you from town to town? :confused:

CountingWizard
Jul 6, 2004
To be honest I kind of agree. I could see these auto features being an awesome thing if there were server population problems, but this game has so many activities to actively do that I don't think automating anything should be a solution.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Sometime I try to fight on my horse and then go oh god what is even happening as giant black fireballs fly in random directions. The sorc has such a weird fighting style on the horse.

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Ensign, raise the beariscope.

CountingWizard posted:

To be honest I kind of agree. I could see these auto features being an awesome thing if there were server population problems, but this game has so many activities to actively do that I don't think automating anything should be a solution.

Agreed. I like having afk fishing because grinding for wealth is annoying, but if I had my way I'd prefer everything else be an active activity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

CountingWizard posted:

But as it stands now, higher tier horses literally take hours of running around to level. So if you want to breed horses at all without spending hours of your active game-time not playing then autolooping is a great feature.

Like, the only arguments/complaints I've heard against it are "wah I leveled up horses before it was introduced and I should be rewarded for the tedium, and everyone else should have to suffer like I did!" or "well what if horse breeding/leveling was completely different and not tedious and then we wouldn't need autolooping!" Like... yeah, I guess? But it's not? :confused:

In other horse news, one of my t4s learned sprint (and also knows drift)! Annnd it learned caution the very next level. :downs: