Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh
luxury = less window area

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
I want to paint my factory CX-5 wheels matte black, am I this thread

(The car is white)

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

triple clutcher posted:

I've spent most of the afternoon digging through this massive assortment of old car ads / brochures. Most of it is pretty interesting, but I'm also finding some serious dog turds in the rough:

Holy poo poo, I'm surprised Lee Iacocca didn't crib that idea for production vans. I want to see one for real.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Bajaha posted:

What's with people and gaudy chrome wheels? I know taste is subjective, but I just can't fathom how someone looks at them and can honestly think they've improved the look of their vehicle. And there's so many lovely variants too, it's mind boggling.

There's a guy that's done a repaint on a 90's burban here, the color is best described as "old glow in the dark plastic yellowgreen"

Of course the drums and calipers are color matched to this because you can see them behind the huge spindly 24" chrome wheels he has on the poor thing

Saw him the other night, bumperpushing the suburban down the street with his wife's CRV.

Guess you shoulda bought plug wires or fuel filters or something bro

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Code Jockey posted:

I want to paint my factory CX-5 wheels matte black, am I this thread

(The car is white)

I like black wheels on white cars. Then again, I do own a whitr Nissan Titan with black rock stars, like a total bro. If it makes up for it, I also own a grey 500 abarth with grey wheels.

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

Least it wasn't a fucking red shell

eyebeem posted:

I like black wheels on white cars. Then again, I do own a whitr Nissan Titan with black rock stars, like a total bro. If it makes up for it, I also own a grey 500 abarth with grey wheels.

Ugh, rockstars. Decent-looking, but tainted by associated with assholes.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

wallaka posted:

It sucks. I really do like them aesthetically, but feel a need to defend myself when I mention that I own them.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

wallaka posted:

From the website: http://www.kmcwheels.com/wheels/4571/rockstar

quote:

Rockstar wheels are for those who stand out. Like their owners, they boldly claim that there are no limits. These wheels don’t toe the line, they stride across it. Not for the timid, but for those who want to rock.

FFS. That's worse than $1200 strollers.

edit: An actual, live human being wrote these words. Un-ironically. Then someone approved those words. Again, un-ironically. Then someone posted them on a website trying to sell these things. Again, somehow, un-ironically. Please stop the world and kick all the bros off, please. This is the most IE thing anyone has ever written.

Crustashio posted:

luxury = less window area
Camaro taking on Rolls then I see.

nm fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Apr 10, 2016

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

That's a pretty ugly hearse.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Solid flat black wheels, especially on a white car, just looks like you didn't bother taking off your snow tires on steelies. If you're going to do it, get ones with a polished lip or something. If you don't live in the snow belt, you wouldn't have that frame of reference, but know that somewhere north of you people are laughing at you. While they cry into their poutine because it's the middle of goddamn April and still minus loving three outside.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
If you don't clean the brake dust off your wheels, they naturally aquire that sought-after flat black color. Maybe it's the same thing as deliberate rust, people want the deteriorated look on their new cars? Are they ashamed of having a newer vehicle? I personally don't get it, but hey, go hog wild making your stuff look old and neglected.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
My late great uncle would have unironically loved that.

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

I have the slightly better version of that radio in my beater. It truly is terrible car stuff.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

:canada:

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

EveryHighSchoolCar.jpg

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

I love this. Suck it AI.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.
Hah! Our race car used to have one of those.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
If we're talking about the shifter boot, wrong thread.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I Crown Royalled the Civic boot, you're foolish if you think it's not an awesome mod.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

I need a new shifter boot, how much to ship a couple to the UK?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

If BangBus had existed in the late 70s/early 80s, this is what they would've driven.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

Cakefool posted:

I need a new shifter boot, how much to ship a couple to the UK?

http://crownroyalshop.com/index.php/categories-products/custom-bags.html?agp=true/

Most any color you want, even with a customized message!

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Holy poo poo, crown royal maple is probably as :canada: as its possible to go.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

nm posted:

From the website: http://www.kmcwheels.com/wheels/4571/rockstar

edit: An actual, live human being wrote these words. Un-ironically. Then someone approved those words. Again, un-ironically. Then someone posted them on a website trying to sell these things. Again, somehow, un-ironically. Please stop the world and kick all the bros off, please. This is the most IE thing anyone has ever written.

Not quite on topic but to be more likely factually correct given the overall attitude of this company's marketing:

an actual, live human being wrote some other words that were grown up and professional sounding. Then the owner of Rockstar: The Company decided that graphic design and content writing is pretty easy, they've seen tons of internet websites, and the word "E" is in their title, so...

then that actual, live human being, sighing heavily, wrote some horrible nonsense but refused to include the grammatical error that the newly self-appointed Creative Director suggested in the one line uncapitalized/unpunctuated email they'd sent from their iphone from the bar, and submitted something else that was close in spirit but worked a little better while still having the relative terrible gist that was requested, but utilizing actual English. That effort was rejected, the actual live human being was admonished (again, in one line with no punctuation or capitalization), and the previously agreed-upon 'approved' copy was then inserted into the mock. The front end dev who has never worked in advertising or merchandising but still knows dogshit from quality said "Hahahahahaha. Whatever" and posted it.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

Elmnt80 posted:

Holy poo poo, crown royal maple is probably as :canada: as its possible to go.

It's also so, so gross. You see it and think "oh, of course! Canadian whiskey but just aged in maple barrels for a subtle flavor." And then the reality sets in.... the sugary, syrupy, breakfast cereal artificial flavored reality.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
Yeah, the only thing I can think of that would be worse than Crown Royal is sweeter Crown Royal.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

eyebeem posted:

It sucks. I really do like them aesthetically, but feel a need to defend myself when I mention that I own them.

I legitimately thought they were Texas "Lone Star" edition wheels until now, and am a but disappointed.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

If BangBus had existed in the late 70s/early 80s, this is what they would've driven.

"Ride with the boys from Venereal Van, carpet ain't the only 'shag' you'll experience"

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Geoj posted:

Yeah, the only thing I can think of that would be worse than Crown Royal is sweeter Crown Royal.

Yeah, the velvet bag might be Canadian as gently caress, but crown royal is pretty awful (although their northern select or whatever apparently won best Whiskey in the world or or something, but the gently caress do I know, I like Forty Creek.)

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

Linedance posted:

Yeah, the velvet bag might be Canadian as gently caress, but crown royal is pretty awful (although their northern select or whatever apparently won best Whiskey in the world or or something, but the gently caress do I know, I like Forty Creek.)

Forty Creek is excellent whiskey, that's why. So is the Northern Harvest.

Jim has always been a fan of Canadian whiskey, some might think despite being the world's recognized foremost expert of whiskey (and the world's recognized biggest dong - I've met him twice and he was a slimy rear end in a top hat both times). He keeps a decanter of Canadian Club in his home, which he serves to his unwitting scotch snob guests.

Anyway, Jim's a prick, but John who owned and ran Forty Creek is one of the nicest dudes you'll ever meet. He used to make wine, and took the vintner's blending approach to whiskey: he aged individual grain spirits (rye, barley, and corn mash) separately, and then blended them to his taste. For every batch, even the cheap stuff.

He's sold the distillery now, but I bet he's still a super nice, down to earth dude. He probably still has a hundred casks from his private stash, too...

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat

sofullofhate posted:

Forty Creek is excellent whiskey, that's why. So is the Northern Harvest.

Jim has always been a fan of Canadian whiskey, some might think despite being the world's recognized foremost expert of whiskey (and the world's recognized biggest dong - I've met him twice and he was a slimy rear end in a top hat both times). He keeps a decanter of Canadian Club in his home, which he serves to his unwitting scotch snob guests.

Anyway, Jim's a prick, but John who owned and ran Forty Creek is one of the nicest dudes you'll ever meet. He used to make wine, and took the vintner's blending approach to whiskey: he aged individual grain spirits (rye, barley, and corn mash) separately, and then blended them to his taste. For every batch, even the cheap stuff.

He's sold the distillery now, but I bet he's still a super nice, down to earth dude. He probably still has a hundred casks from his private stash, too...

It's funny, every single person I know who have had anything to do with Jim have that opinion of him. More than a few have suggested his palate is hosed now anyways and he's got no idea what hes talking about, he just endorses whatever product gets a pair of tits in his eyeline.

uhh sorry for the derail.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Lime Tonics posted:

Unsure if awesome or not?

Luigi Colani's designs always go in the awesome car poo poo thread if only because the dude was batshit and OBSESSED with aerodynamics to the point where everything he designed looked about 40 years ahead of its time.

Also you can get the gently caress out of my face if you don't want to drive around in this thing with its windscreen wipers spinning wildly.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

I don't know why this is apparently a thing, but I wish someone would do it in real life.

Rollin' on 5s, baby :whatup:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Wrong thread, those are funnyyyyyyyyyyy

intheflesh
Nov 4, 2008

KozmoNaut posted:

Rollin' on 5s, baby :whatup:

Giggling like an idiot

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

oh my gawd becky... look at her butt.. its so big.

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Nailed it. :downsrim: