Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Penile Dementia
Feb 13, 2006

I Left My Heart in Stamford Bridge
I've just started the1 billion spells run. I can die happy once I get that thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leonyth
Mar 17, 2009

Dragongem posted:

I burned out at R25 since I'm at e97 or so and I still can't find a good neutral build and my vanillas ones are slowing down.

There's a U-Faceless one someones put up that might be worth giving a go. I don't think there's anything particularly speedy for that area though.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Just finished my 1B spell run last night. It really went quite quickly toward the end, ended up being a little over 10 days of online time, and the last 10% only took like 12 hours. Ended up with something like 33k max mana and 40k mana/sec.

Promptly proceeded to chew through the new challenges pretty effortlessly. Dwarf 3/4/5 all unlocked at the same time. No trophy for doing them all, so I assume that's waiting for them to add the neutral prestige faction (and associated challenges).

Since I'm not in a big rush to go for ascension, it's time to go back to banking up Faceless time again.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

Please can someone tell me if there is an easy build to make it from Dvg to Tvg so I can finally get R16 and unlock researching.

Im using an LF build at the moment, but was wondering if there might be something just slightly more efficient for this last little bit.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Tsietisin posted:

Please can someone tell me if there is an easy build to make it from Dvg to Tvg so I can finally get R16 and unlock researching.

Im using an LF build at the moment, but was wondering if there might be something just slightly more efficient for this last little bit.

If you don't already have the artifact "Know Your Enemy, Part 1", get that. It unlocks a very good upgrade for mercs that should let you make the last push pretty reasonably with LF.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
LF gets faster the more you use Realm Weather Service to predict lightning strikes and rush to blacksmith ones. http://generalyouri.github.io/royal-advisory-board/rws/ There is no faster build though, since lightning strike's power is supposed to be balanced by its randomness and nothing else is random.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

Strangely, the RWS states that I don't have Lightning Strikes, so I got no idea how I could advise it that yes, I do.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Tsietisin posted:

Strangely, the RWS states that I don't have Lightning Strikes, so I got no idea how I could advise it that yes, I do.

RWS can get a little confused for a while shortly after patches, when data is stored differently in the export string. Just yesterday the game was updated to add prestige challenges, so RWS may not have been updated accordingly.

Beyond that, my main gripe with it is that it does in fact require you to have Lightning Strike (be Titan, or be merc and have actually bought LS already) before it'll tell you what you'll get. Adjusting that based on currently owned buildings since LS can't hit something you have 0 of, fine, I can see the need for that. But I don't see why it doesn't just tell you what LS would hit, regardless of whether or not you actually have LS in your current build.

Handily, once you get R up high enough, you just sort of blaze through with dwairies until research (at which point you blaze through with research dwairies until they peter out) and give zero shits about touching mercs at all.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
So the new challenge stuff is pretty crazy with droblins casting. I just capped out on R39 and built my archwizard build and well:

Playtime (this game):12m53s
Time spent offline (this game): 2h37s

It's also building the drow passive faster than actually being offline is. I imagine there are gonna be some pretty heinous offline builds that use one of these runs as a setup like building clicks as dwelf.

E: appears to be about 1 day of offline time per hour so extrapolate from there. Probably still better to bank faceless time if you're just generally waiting but for pushing limits it seems pretty good

Feline Mind Meld fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Apr 11, 2016

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Tsietisin posted:

The good news is that sometimes in the early R20s (depending on just how much you hate it) you can skip LF and go straight from moonshine mercs to fairy research.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Apr 11, 2016

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Sindai posted:

The good news is that sometimes in the early R20s (depending on just how much you hate it) you can skip LF and go straight from moonshine mercs to fairy research.

Hell, you never need to touch LF again once you hit R18 and can do tier 3 racial challenges. Moonshine is good enough on its own to power to research the moment you have access to it.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
I'm getting horrible returns on both varieties of goblin in late R25 and all neutral builds seem to require W320 which I can't actually unlock yet, what do I do here?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Asehujiko posted:

I'm getting horrible returns on both varieties of goblin in late R25 and all neutral builds seem to require W320 which I can't actually unlock yet, what do I do here?
W320 is just a big multiplier, you should be fine without it. That said, I think E290 makes it so you can unlock W320? I don't recall that phase exactly but I would just run Titans or something but without W320 and at some point try taking E290 over a "real" upgrade and see how far you can get.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011

DACK FAYDEN posted:

W320 is just a big multiplier, you should be fine without it. That said, I think E290 makes it so you can unlock W320? I don't recall that phase exactly but I would just run Titans or something but without W320 and at some point try taking E290 over a "real" upgrade and see how far you can get.
8-9 orders of magnitude short after an hour of titans with E290 at Dtg gems so I'll probably still fall short by a lot even at reinc gems.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Ugh, that's... really low. Maybe just a super long Titans run with all the stuff that grows over time? Although eventually Faceless ends up being better, I don't really know.

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Ugh, that's... really low. Maybe just a super long Titans run with all the stuff that grows over time? Although eventually Faceless ends up being better, I don't really know.

Faceless was better than titans for me until I unlocked C375. No idea how early you can get W320 though, I had the easter event boosting me through that.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Asehujiko posted:

Hey you are literally me :v:. I took a break but I'll probably start messing around again today or tomorrow.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

I did U goblins through that range, though they do require some time to build up. Once you hit R26, you get a bunch of 330 researches which should prop you up quite nicely. Don't worry about unlocking W320 (or whichever one is the one that requires 2750 excavations) until several Rs past when it's first available. Go for it in like R27 or R28, you won't have the gems to feasibly excavate that much (even with E290) until then.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
How does the artifact RNG work?

I am currently at 16000 Grand Balance casts for Druid artifact but can only do 230 more excavations. I tried using all of them and didn't get the artifact. Can i get it later if i wait to say 20k casts, or am i screwed? I will still only be able to do 230 excavations.

Ineptitude fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Apr 11, 2016

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I reached almost 2500 excavations as Titans in R24 with E290 trying (and failing, not a huge fan of tying something so important to a flat 0.2% chance) to get the extra neutral slots artifact, and Titans in R24 are way, way weaker than U Goblins, so it seems like 2750 it might be possible with U Goblins. I might also be underestimating how quickly excavation costs scale up.

Ineptitude posted:

I am currently at 16000 Grand Balance casts for Druid artifact but can only do 230 more excavations. I tried using all of them and didn't get the artifact. Can i get it later if i wait to say 20k casts, or am i screwed? I will still only be able to do 230 excavations.
There's a chance one of those excavation rolls landed in the range that will count with more casts so yes, that might work.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Apr 11, 2016

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Ineptitude posted:

Iirc, The RNG is basically seeded at the start of the reincarnation. That seeding determines how much of a probability is needed at a given excavation. I.e. At excavation X, probability Y or more is needed. This only checks upon excavation and does not check previous ones so it's possible that a previous excavation could get an artifact at your new probability and you won't get it because of the way the RNG seeding works.

Edit: to answer your question, yes it's possible, but it's all predetermined. There was a tool that told you when you would get an artifact, but it got taken down

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

If that doesn't end up working, I'd warmly advise going for the exceptionally tedious lore artifacts (the ones that require a shitload of spell casts for example) in a later R when you've got 1000+ excavations to burn rather than being up against a hard limit of "only" a few hundred.

Alternatively, ruby excavation resets are a thing.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Ineptitude posted:

Assuming you reloaded to before you spent those 230 excavations, you might be able to get it but you'll need to be lucky.

The seed gives each excavation a random number between 0 and 1 (uniformly). When you excavate, if your probability of finding an artifact is greater than that excavation's associated number, you get the artifact. At the moment, your probability of getting the artifact is about .005, so your attempted excavation revealed that none of the 230 excavations has a number less than .005. If you do another five thousand casts, your probability of getting the artifact will improve to more like .007, so you'll get the artifact is any of those 230 excavations has a number between .005 and .007.

(I've rounded the numbers a bit to make them look nice as decimals. Your total probability of success in 230 excavations at 20000 casts given that you did not succeed at 16000 casts is about 26.5%.)

Lottery of Babylon fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Apr 11, 2016

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011

Ineptitude posted:

Artifact RNG effectively creates a pre-determined set of roll results, namely 1d3.000.000's in your case and then ties each one to an excavation, then when you click it, it checks if your number beats the roll number and if yes, gives you the artifact.

So for example you can have a result list of

etc.

which means if you have 739.787 casts, you'll get it on your 5th excav and if you have 156.096, you'll get it on your 7th.

There was a calculator that could read this stuff out but DG broke the same compatibility or something and banned the creator so all you can do at the moment is export/buy/import.

There's a formula for determining the chance of you getting it, 100*(1-(1-casts/3.000.000)^excavations) with your excavation count, you'll need a little over 9000 casts to have a 50% chance of one of those 230 rolls being lower than your cast count.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Asehujiko posted:

Artifact RNG effectively creates a pre-determined set of roll results, namely 1d3.000.000's in your case and then ties each one to an excavation, then when you click it, it checks if your number beats the roll number and if yes, gives you the artifact.

So for example you can have a result list of

etc.

which means if you have 739.787 casts, you'll get it on your 5th excav and if you have 156.096, you'll get it on your 7th.

There was a calculator that could read this stuff out but DG broke the same compatibility or something and banned the creator so all you can do at the moment is export/buy/import.

There's a formula for determining the chance of you getting it, 100*(1-(1-casts/3.000.000)^excavations) with your excavation count, you'll need a little over 9000 casts to have a 50% chance of one of those 230 rolls being lower than your cast count.

Fwiw, the dev of the tool was only banned for a day for distribution of cheating tools or something

Onion Rings
Sep 20, 2001
Regarding Neutral research, what amount of gems is the minimum before going into it and as a follow on should I be able to get all the researches right at r23 for the neutrals?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Xelkelvos posted:

Fwiw, the dev of the tool was only banned for a day for distribution of cheating tools or something

Eh, "distributing cheating tools" is a bit overkill for "edited people's save files so they had free rubies in order to get all eight unique eggs because their RNG seed was so hosed they wouldn't get all eight even with constant scrying".

I mean I get why (that hits their bottom line), but it's still evasive doublespeak.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

As with most things, a good ballpark to aim for is "however many gems you needed to reincarnate the previous round". Which I think is somewhere in the e90s.

Neutral research at R23 isn't quite as great as the later prestige research at R29. While that one lets you just jump right into it (once it's unlocked) and squeal with glee at your newfound power, neutral research doesn't really start to shine until a few Rs later when you get the 330 (R26), 375 (R27), and 400 (R28) researches. There are a few nice things in the meantime, but nothing majorly stand-out.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Kyrosiris posted:

Eh, "distributing cheating tools" is a bit overkill for "edited people's save files so they had free rubies in order to get all eight unique eggs because their RNG seed was so hosed they wouldn't get all eight even with constant scrying".

I mean I get why (that hits their bottom line), but it's still evasive doublespeak.
Oh, is that what he did? That makes more sense than the other ones I've heard, but I still don't really care that he did it. Oh well.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Kyrosiris posted:

I didn't hear he did that.

Well poo poo.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Has Adventure Capitalist always had the "watch another video to extend your boost" mechanic, or did it change a few updates ago? Because of how fire-and-forget the game is, I don't think I've ever read the text on it until one of the seasonal events.

Tis a rare day when an idle game makes you feel :downs:.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Kyrosiris posted:

So that's what actually happened? Well, now the kerfluffle makes more sense but since the intent was to put bad effects of their design to rights this was still a really lovely way of handling things. Not like there's anything to be done about it given the circumstances.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
In fairness the bad effects of their design was missing out on a 1 or 2% bonus once the event was over.

I'm lucky I happened to start working on Faceless 4 yesterday. Now I don't have to think about RG for another two days or so while dark souls happens.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Apr 12, 2016

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Sindai posted:

In fairness the bad effects of their design was missing out on a 1 or 2% bonus once the event was over.

I'm lucky I happened to start working on Faceless 4 yesterday. Now I don't have to think about RG for another two days or so while dark souls happens.

Why do you think I'm doing archwizard now? :v:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Haha, new personal fastest to open Fairies unique building: e39 gems in R38 :v:

Wolpertinger
Feb 16, 2011

Kyrosiris posted:

I still have 200 rubies thanks to him :ssh:. Well, max rubies anyway, after buying all the eggs I spent all the rest on timewarps to skip through a couple time locked researches. Still, tier 3 ruby power is nice.

Wolpertinger fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Apr 12, 2016

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
So for anyone who might be interested, https://iourpg.com/ finally got their backend in the right place and seem to be back into the swing of development. They just redid the challenge system and seem to be going full steam right now in case anyone wants to start/come back. We have a pretty good guild with good buildings and plenty of space so hey come check it out if you want another thing to check every 6-8 hours.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

Finally sat down and did more than just buy storages/upgrades for 5 minutes and then leave it idle for 12-36 hours.

Not pictured: The 47 seconds at the end of the clock when I beat it. (This is with ~750k helium all-time.)

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I'm probably going to wait on the speedrun achievements until I get Overkill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012

Eldercain posted:

So for anyone who might be interested, https://iourpg.com/ finally got their backend in the right place and seem to be back into the swing of development. They just redid the challenge system and seem to be going full steam right now in case anyone wants to start/come back. We have a pretty good guild with good buildings and plenty of space so hey come check it out if you want another thing to check every 6-8 hours.

I do still check into iourpg, even though I hate it. But it's more like every day or two, to do events and gather resources. Any more and I'd probably burn out again. If that's cool, you can invite me or something (ign: nononono, >15k IOU score), or give me the name of the guild so I can apply, I forgot how it works.

• Locked thread