Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Tesseraction posted:

He's not 'struggling' he's saying 'sure, as soon as the postman gets off their arse.'

Nobody else has had to 'wait for the postman'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

madey
Sep 17, 2007

I saved the Olympics singlehandedly

OwlFancier posted:

Can't you write HMRC and ask them to send you your last tax return?

You can but this is the kind of basic competence that a political leader should be lambasted for.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Pissflaps posted:

Nobody else seems to have struggled with this.

Your being very mean to him. He's an old man.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Pissflaps posted:

Nobody else has had to 'wait for the postman'.

See:

OwlFancier posted:

I would take a wild guess and suggest that most of the tories probably don't do their own tax returns.

Tesseraction posted:

Yeah having a professional accountant (to help you avoid and maybe evade tax) means you're guaranteed to have photocopies ready at a moment's notice.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
Oh gently caress he's got backup.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
How about some UKIP are mental news

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/apr/11/foreign-doctors-should-be-deported-for-parking-offences-says-ukip

quote:

Ukip’s Northern Ireland leader has said he would deport foreign doctors even if they were only found guilty of a parking infringement.

David McNarry, who defected from the Ulster Unionists to Ukip, also warned that “we can’t have Isis running our country”.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I'm not entirely sure that it's Jeremy Corbyn's fault that David Cameron has dodgy tax affairs and everyone therefore has to publish their tax returns.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Jack the Lad posted:

Nice summary of the new contract on that Telegraph article:

Not pictured:
- the openly admitted discrimination against women who take maternity leave and against people working less than full time
- the fact that 'shift on a Saturday' doesn't include 'shift worked from Friday evening through Saturday morning', which means that 'not working two weekends in a row' can include 'working until 6am on Saturday every week'
- the utter lack of any kind of accountability for shift pattern setting, despite the 'safety guardian' bullshit
- etc

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

OwlFancier posted:

I'm not entirely sure that it's Jeremy Corbyn's fault that David Cameron has dodgy tax affairs and everyone therefore has to publish their tax returns.

People did say this would be bad for Corbyn.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

OwlFancier posted:

Hasn't Corbyn been demanding to see Cameron's tax records?

Having his own to hand would have been fairly loving prudent.

OvineYeast
Jul 16, 2007

Freiheit ist immer Freiheit der Andersdenkenden

Pissflaps posted:

Oh come on. Seriously?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Pissflaps posted:

He probably requested it. Surely you should know the snail's pace that HMRC moves at?

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

OvineYeast posted:

Oh come on. Seriously?

Yes?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Pissflaps posted:

Yes, but if we assume that he had already sent his off, that leaves the option of either:

1. Be psychic and know about cameron's dodgy tax outing in advance and keep a copy.

2. Not call Cameron out on it until he gets his back.

Neither of which seem practical.

"Yes I will publish my tax return as soon as HMRC gives me it back" hardly invalidates his point.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

OvineYeast posted:

I'm guessing this will basically be an asset stripping job?

Seems like the deal includes reduced pay, conditions and pensions for the workforce so yeah I imagine they'll just try to keep things running on an even keel for however long the deal requires them to keep it operating and then chop it up for parts.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

It's not as though today is filing day for your tax return it's just a case that he said "I will publish my tax return" and then went about trying to get it. Today is not a loving deadline - Gideon only promised to release his one 'soon' today.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

OwlFancier posted:

Yes, but if we assume that he had already sent his off, that leaves the option of either:

1. Be psychic and know about cameron's dodgy tax outing in advance and keep a copy.

2. Not call Cameron out on it until he gets his back.

Neither of which seem practical.

"Yes I will publish my tax return as soon as HMRC gives me it back" hardly invalidates his point.

https://www.gov.uk/keeping-your-pay-tax-records/overview

Illuminti
Dec 3, 2005

Praise be to China's Covid-Zero Policy

josh04 posted:

"if only they possessed the intellectual rigor to cease belief in the sky fairy", cry people apparently too thick to distinguish between culture, history, philosophy, art, law, tradition, geography, religion.

In your opinion does anyone actually believe in god? Or is it all just a handy catch all term.

Without religion spitting and screaming for centuries about the dreaded gays most people wouldn't give a gently caress.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

Tesseraction posted:

He probably requested it. Surely you should know the snail's pace that HMRC moves at?

Which is a big part of why not keeping a copy of your own tax return is idiocy.

OvineYeast
Jul 16, 2007

Yep, that's certainly an irrelevant link.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Records are not tax returns, flaps. You use the former to fill out the latter.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Tesseraction posted:

Then he'll have no problem providing the information that he's asked of others.

We're at 'the dog ate my homework' levels of incompetency here. The guy is an idiot.

OvineYeast
Jul 16, 2007

Pissflaps posted:

Then he'll have no problem providing the information that he's asked of others.

No, he won't.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
loving ISIS cells rampantly going around committing minor parking offenses.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

OvineYeast posted:

No, he won't.

According to this thread he has to wait for the postman before he can?

OvineYeast
Jul 16, 2007

Pissflaps posted:

Apparently. Don't really see why this matters.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Pissflaps posted:

And?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

peanut- posted:

Which is a big part of why not keeping a copy of your own tax return is idiocy.

Truly this is the error that will bring down the Corbyn regime.

madey
Sep 17, 2007

I saved the Olympics singlehandedly
"Terrorists have activated our nuclear weapons prime minister Corbyn we need you enter your code to disarm them."

Er hang on I think i wrote them on a gas bill somewhere.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

pissflaps wrong about nearly everything, nontroversy finds

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Tesseraction posted:

Truly this is the error that will bring down the Corbyn regime.

Hardly. I think most are inured to the man's incompetency by now. It'll limp along until the next election.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

madey posted:

"Terrorists have activated our nuclear weapons prime minister Corbyn we need you enter your code to disarm them."

It's OK we just need to wait for the 'lazy' postman to turn up.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Pissflaps posted:

A better leader would have waited 4 to 6 weeks to demand Cameron publish his tax return

And apparently Cameron hasn't released his either, just some summary from an accountant

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

madey posted:

Truly, if terrorists somehow manage to access our nuclear weapons on a submarine in the middle of the ocean completely separate (by design) from the prime minister, his inability to find a shutdown code that he's never been provided will be the undoing of the Corbyn regime.

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

Why won't Pissflaps release his tax return?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Funny how despite these incompetence he's rising in the polls while Cameron is falling. I'm assuming if Windsock Burnham had been at the helm Labour would be +134% net approval rating.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

baka kaba posted:

A better leader would have waited 4 to 6 weeks to demand Cameron publish his tax return

And apparently Cameron hasn't released his either, just some summary from an accountant

A better leader would have something more to offer than an excuse when attempting to play holier than thou with tax records.

Praseodymi posted:

Why won't Pissflaps release his tax return?

I don't submit a tax return.

Tesseraction posted:

Funny how despite these incompetence he's rising in the polls while Cameron is falling. I'm assuming if Windsock Burnham had been at the helm Labour would be +134% net approval rating.

Political parties don't have approval ratings. Politicians do.

Heisenberg1276
Apr 13, 2007

Pissflaps posted:

A better leader would have something more to offer than an excuse when attempting to play holier than thou with tax records.

"According to Labour, MPs have to submit their tax returns by paper and Corbyn sent his only copy to HM Revenue and Customs."

What would you have him do? Quit with the "anyone but Corbyn" poo poo and give a single actual alternative. What should he have done in this instance?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Pissflaps posted:

Political parties don't have approval ratings. Politicians do.

Hmmm truly Corbyn's decision to jump at Cameron prior to publishing his tax return is helping Cameron here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...

Tesseraction posted:

This is why I don't freelance. I could earn a bit of extra cash but I just cannot be hosed with all the paperwork it would require.

• Locked thread