Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

It's Dragon Quest Heroes 2, for PS3/4/Vita. It's a big budget game like World of Final Fantasy so maybe we'll get this version (PSN exclusive)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.
Heroes was localized and also released on Steam, not sure why anyone would think they wouldn't localize the second one.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Megalixir posted:

Heroes was localized and also released on Steam, not sure why anyone would think they wouldn't localize the second one.

I think the question is if we'll get the Vita version. Like I don't think we're getting the Vita Setsuna.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

And the Vita Romacing Saga 2. It was a jest about S-E's new modus operandi apparently not intending to localize any more Vita games.

Also, there is another DQ game on the Vita aside Heroes 2: the Minecraft mashup they called DQ Builders, which is apparently pretty alright.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
I agree with the destructoid review in that trillion seems good just long enough to sucker you in then you realize in about 30 minutes of play you've seen all the tricks the gameplay has to offer and that's what you paid $40 for. Then it just starts to piss you off. I want to finish the story eventually but it's just so tedious I can only play about 30-45 minutes at a time before I get irritated.

Shut up about trillion transforming, I stand by my statement.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
DQ Builders is real good. I really hope we get it one day.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

My wife has beaten Trails of Cold Steel. Apparently it has a really abrupt ending and she's pissed off about it or something idk. I told her there's a sequel coming but apparently that isn't good enough.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Who did she take to the prom event?

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Saoshyant posted:

Who did she take to the prom event?

I don't know, I didn't ask because I haven't gotten very far yet and I'm trying to avoid spoilers.

Edit:

I just asked and apparently she took the blonde one.

Carth Dookie fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Apr 10, 2016

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Jusis will remember this.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Are there any good roguelikes (turn based dungeon crawler rpgs with perma-death and etc) on the Vita recently? I'm being sent on travel for a week to do 2 hours worth of work so I need a serious time killer. Thinking about the newest Pokemon mystery dungeon but ehhh....

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The Moon Monster posted:

Are there any good roguelikes (turn based dungeon crawler rpgs with perma-death and etc) on the Vita recently? I'm being sent on travel for a week to do 2 hours worth of work so I need a serious time killer. Thinking about the newest Pokemon mystery dungeon but ehhh....

There's the new Shiren the Wanderer, but that's not coming until like June I think.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

darth cookie posted:

My wife has beaten Trails of Cold Steel. Apparently it has a really abrupt ending and she's pissed off about it or something idk. I told her there's a sequel coming but apparently that isn't good enough.

that's because every entry in the trails series is split into two or three full-length games

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.

Motto posted:

XSEED is full of Falcom fans, and one of them expressed a desire to localize Tokyo specifically, so it'll probably happen at some point.

Plus the Eurogamer interview with the Falcom head had him basically say "yes" to Tokyo getting localized, so it's a sure bet. I'm expecting it to be in the now traditional pre-E3 announcement blitz that Xseed does.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
vita thread im here to help

http://www.wikihow.com/Get-Over-an-Anime-Addiction

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

*holds up Vita, dakimura, and import DVD's*

"From my cold, dead hands"

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.
I'm not addicted, I can stop anytime I want. I just don't want to.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

"Maybe the truth is......somewhere in the middle"

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Saitama's struggles go far beyond supermarket sales...

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
Helldivers is a perfect multiplayer game and y'all should play it if you haven't.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

Mr. Jive posted:

Helldivers is a perfect multiplayer game and y'all should play it if you haven't.

:yeah:

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Mr. Jive posted:

after they ruined magicka i've vowed never to never support arrowhead again

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost

Yeah but i dont want to shave my head.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

This anime is thinking about animes.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Teaser image for 4 Goddesses Online

News should be out in two days.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Hype for the bad Vert game!

Also, it's time!!!!

IT'S A MOBILE GAME, PROBABLY

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

No probably about it, unfortunately

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Don't make me sad this early in the day.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Dehry posted:

Finally the anime tits game where you win by cutting your own head off

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

Dehry posted:

Why would Vert use a rapier, this isn't canon.

Takoluka posted:

Hype for the bad Vert game!

Also, it's time!!!!

IT'S A MOBILE GAME, PROBABLY

Hmm, a mobile game can't possibly live up to the original two, and even the DS game, but VP brand's revival in itself is a good thing.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

hello vita friends, thinking about getting a vita soon since I'm getting an extended bonus, mainly want it so I can play Muramasa and Dragon's Crown again but also would like to finally play FF Tactics on a non-tablet thing, as well as a bunch of PS1 classics. What are some other fun tactics and action games on the system, or PS3 crossbuys worth putting on?

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.
Oh, I kinda forgot about crossbuy...

Have any of y'all run Helldivers on the Vita? I love playing that on PS4; not sure how it does on the handheld, though.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

MinibarMatchman posted:

hello vita friends, thinking about getting a vita soon since I'm getting an extended bonus, mainly want it so I can play Muramasa and Dragon's Crown again but also would like to finally play FF Tactics on a non-tablet thing, as well as a bunch of PS1 classics. What are some other fun tactics and action games on the system, or PS3 crossbuys worth putting on?

Tactics Ogre is the first one people usually recommend, but I haven't tried it myself to back this up.
Jeanne D'Arc is a good one as well.
XCOM just got a port recently, but it has some slowdown that might be off-putting.
I think Disgaea 1-4 are playable on the Vita at this point, if that's your thing.

There's also Valkyria Chronicles 2, but only get that one if you really, really like VC1 because it can be stupid and frustrating at times, and I think I'm basically the only one in this thread that actually enjoyed playing it. This one you'd have to get on PS3 and transfer because it's not direct download on Vita for some dumb reason.

e: Also, Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky has a grid-based, semi-tactical battle system, but it's more of a traditional RPG. I'd still recommend checking it out because it's pretty great.

Bruce Ironstaunch
Apr 4, 2016

MinibarMatchman posted:

Disgaea 3 and 4 ultimate editions are on the vita.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Szurumbur posted:

This is set in the in-game MMO so that's clearly her player avatar, xXGreenHeart360Xx

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.

SpacePig posted:

There's also Valkyria Chronicles 2, but only get that one if you really, really like VC1 because it can be stupid and frustrating at times, and I think I'm basically the only one in this thread that actually enjoyed playing it. This one you'd have to get on PS3 and transfer because it's not direct download on Vita for some dumb reason.

It only says "Playable on PSP" on the demo store listing. I can just download it to my PS3 and transfer from there to the Vita, though?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

MisterAlex posted:

Oh, I kinda forgot about crossbuy...

Have any of y'all run Helldivers on the Vita? I love playing that on PS4; not sure how it does on the handheld, though.

It's a little slower (frame rate), the load times are significantly higher, and some stuff like reload is bound to the touchpad on the back, but it is 100% serviceable. I have played both with other Vita players and cross-platform to PS3 and PS4 with no problems.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

MisterAlex posted:

It only says "Playable on PSP" on the demo store listing. I can just download it to my PS3 and transfer from there to the Vita, though?

Yeah, I've done it before. It should still work.

e: I hope it still work, because I re-downloaded it last night to play again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Szurumbur posted:

http://neptunia.wikia.com/wiki/Four_Goddesses_Online

The player ‘Green Heart’ a Rune Knight, is arguably the strongest in Leanbox.

It's either a homage to Ragnorok Online and/or Celes from Final Fantasy.

:goonsay: