Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pooch516
Mar 10, 2010
I was out of stuff to listen to on the way to work today, so I picked a random episode (48). It's the first episode where they start accepting donations through their website back in the day. Kind of crazy to hear them jazzed about getting $100 from one guy considering their Patreon success almost ten years later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

497 is up and it's a guest host ep Marcia

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar
Ohhhhhh shiiiii

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

Who's the chime-in-charlie now, Jonathan? :smug::smuggo:

Carlton Banks
Jan 5, 2004

"The Tigers' biggest obstacle to a championship will be keeping a straight face. The Tigers in three."
Marcia episodes are so :3:

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Hookah cah

Carlton Banks posted:

Marcia episodes are so :3:

:yeah:

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

Mahsha

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.
My first Marcia episode. What a delight!

He swears a lot in front of his mother though.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Matey posted:

Who's the chime-in-charlie now, Jonathan? :smug::smuggo:

Yeah, kinda weird hearing him in the background of this one. I wonder if he's been in the room for previous Marcia eps.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

C-Euro posted:

Yeah, kinda weird hearing him in the background of this one. I wonder if he's been in the room for previous Marcia eps.

I wanna say he's said he is in the room handling the recording whenever it's a Marcia episode.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

C-Euro posted:

I never thought about that during their past episodes until this one but I guess he must have been, who else would have handled the recording.

Greatest Living Man
Jul 22, 2005

ask President Obama

mcvey posted:

I never thought about that during their past episodes until this one but I guess he must have been, who else would have handled the recording.

Seth's web of lies is being unraveled.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

He probably just puts an ad on Craigslist looking for anyone that can handle a heavy boom and working his inputs while his mom watches. Normal stuff. You know.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Thanks for the inaudible interjections Jonathan! This is the worst he's screwed up since the flashdrives......:stare:

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think every Marcia ep still begins with "My name is Jonathan, this is Seth, and this is Marcia" or something similar.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Binowru posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think every Marcia ep still begins with "My name is Jonathan, this is Seth, and this is Marcia" or something similar.

Thanks to the power of technology you can record at two different times and then merge them later.

Greatest Living Man
Jul 22, 2005

ask President Obama
I HATE THIS THREAD MORE THAN I HATE MY FATHER

Agent York Morgan
Apr 28, 2013
Episode 498 en 499 are up. They made it in time, I think. When are they going to do the 500th show?

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

Agent York Morgan posted:

Episode 498 en 499 are up. They made it in time, I think. When are they going to do the 500th show?

The 500th show is this Saturday

Earlier today I assumed at least 499 would be released after this Saturday and then 500 would be released after that. GJ JPL & SJR

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
Why doesn't Jonathan get on mic in the Marcia eps?

Gargamel Gibson fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Apr 12, 2016

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

I don't know but it just being Seth and his mom is really cute and I like the format

Carlton Banks
Jan 5, 2004

"The Tigers' biggest obstacle to a championship will be keeping a straight face. The Tigers in three."

Gargamel Gibson posted:

Why doesn't Jonathan get on mic in the Maria eps?

Not sure about this time, but I think the previous Marcia episodes were when Jonathan was in Europe or was on tour with Jogger (though I could be wrong)

We really need a Marcia/Mama Jah episode

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
I thought I read somewhere that those episodes were banked for Jah's Jogger trips, but it was still him there pressing record.

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib
How small is the pie?

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

8 track betamax posted:

Thanks for the inaudible interjections Jonathan! This is the worst he's screwed up since the flashdrives......:stare:

I kinda liked it! It allowed me to visualize the room, made it feel more real. It's like when they used to talk about their intern Jennifer, except in this case she's real, and she's a white guy with dreadlocks

fried eggs
Apr 4, 2007
with ketchup
For some reason 499 had me in stitches. Great ep.

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

lmao I just talked to my mom after she got back from vegas and couldn't even explain what was so devastatingly hysterical about ~*criss angel*~

"he was so amazing!! what are you even laughing about stop it"

Greatest Living Man
Jul 22, 2005

ask President Obama
My friend just sent me this new Brent Weinbach video:

https://youtu.be/FSu-Y4I09eo

brassy brian
Mar 12, 2016
Seth on fire in 499. Funniest ep in a while imo

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Gargamel Gibson posted:

I thought I read somewhere that those episodes were banked for Jah's Jogger trips, but it was still him there pressing record.

Yes, this is what I thought, too.

Greatest Living Man posted:

:stare:

Greatest Living Man
Jul 22, 2005

ask President Obama

:getin:

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I mean, I'm familiar with Brent Weinbach's other work, like Gangster Party Line but this is just... wow.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

but nothing tops ultimate drumming technique

Korean Barbecue Slut
Aug 6, 2009

brassy brian posted:

Seth on fire in 499. Funniest ep in a while imo

Agreed!

Kabraxis
Mar 22, 2003

Well I guess it's lucky for me I'm not unarmed. Seeing as I'm....eating your beans.

Greatest Living Man posted:

It still kinda blows my mind that the guy that does these crazy loving videos also does a retro video game music podcast. :psyduck:

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Kabraxis posted:

It still kinda blows my mind that the guy that does these crazy loving videos also does a retro video game music podcast. :psyduck:

Did. :(

Hey guys, this is last minute, but I had a friend cancel on me for the show tonight, so I've got an :siren:EXTRA TICKET:siren: if anyone needs one. Hit me up!

edit:

*rushes in from off-stage* Sorry, forgot to mention. Leaky boners to the front of the line. *dashes off-stage leaving a Binowru-shaped cloud of dust which then melts away*

Binowru fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Apr 17, 2016

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

You forgot to specify what physiological quality gets one to the front of the line.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

shadow puppet of a posted:

You forgot to specify what physiological quality gets one to the front of the line.

Greatest Living Man
Jul 22, 2005

ask President Obama
Hermetically sealed dicks to the back of the line

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

Binowru posted:

Did. :(

Hey guys, this is last minute, but I had a friend cancel on me for the show tonight, so I've got an :siren:EXTRA TICKET:siren: if anyone needs one. Hit me up!

edit:

*rushes in from off-stage* Sorry, forgot to mention. Leaky boners to the front of the line. *dashes off-stage leaving a Binowru-shaped cloud of dust which then melts away*

I wonder if this guy actually had a ticket to the show or if he just violently murdered whichever goon was foolish enough to take him up on the offer.