Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
doogle
May 24, 2003

My ally code is 931-516-747. I still play daily for when the guild comes up too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Spreadsheet for page 100:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3771211

Edit: fixed link

Davethulhu fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Apr 11, 2016

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I might be done with this loving game.

I haven't played in a day or so and it feels pretty good.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
I love it when Mace ices Obi-Wan out of the gate.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Don't link to the spreadsheet directly, link to the PGS thread so non-goons can't see it.

Vulpes fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Apr 11, 2016

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Vulpes posted:

Don't link to the spreadsheet directly, link to the PGS thread so non-goons can't see it.

Ugh. I fixed my link. You should probably fix your quote.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

About to get Geno Solider to 7 stars. Wondering who to work on next from that section. Thinking either Luke (Currently 5 / 7) or Old Ben. Working on Qui-Gon from shipments, Han (Almost 6 / 7) from Arena and Poggle from Galactic War, too.

Any suggestions or changes recommended? Sid, Lumin and Daka are all 7/7.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

I love Yoda.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

iGestalt posted:

About to get Geno Solider to 7 stars. Wondering who to work on next from that section. Thinking either Luke (Currently 5 / 7) or Old Ben. Working on Qui-Gon from shipments, Han (Almost 6 / 7) from Arena and Poggle from Galactic War, too.

Any suggestions or changes recommended? Sid, Lumin and Daka are all 7/7.
You can get IG86 and Dooku from Squad Cantina, both probably better than Luke. Also Barriss

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Syrinxx posted:

You can get IG86 and Dooku from Squad Cantina, both probably better than Luke. Also Barriss

Ah, I forgot you could get Dooku from it! Thanks for reminding me - going to work on getting him.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Chilichimp posted:

I might be done with this loving game.

I haven't played in a day or so and it feels pretty good.

This is approximately the 9th time you've said that.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Aphrodite posted:

This is approximately the 9th time you've said that.

gently caress YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU!

but seriously, it was nice not playing it for a few days, but I was on vacation and now I'm at work again and welp... ya'll get any more them... dooku shards?

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Don't get Luke unless you are a big fan of Mark Hamill or just can't stand bugs, Geo soldier beats him on every front :(

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Mr. Neutron posted:

Don't get Luke unless you are a big fan of Mark Hamill or just can't stand bugs, Geo soldier beats him on every front :(

Geno Solider is a fantastic dude, too. Got him 7/7 now and he's all about wrecking stuff.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

iGestalt posted:

Geno Solider is a fantastic dude, too. Got him 7/7 now and he's all about wrecking stuff.

I'll definitely get him after I finish the Dook.

I was a retarded and got Luke before it was understood by the entire community that he is a sub-par pick on anything but an Akbar rebel team. (And even then... Geo is probably faster and better)

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

25% of the way to Grievous :getin:

I wonder if guild members will be able to gift each other shards or other things. That would be a really nice addition and could make us all very powerful indeed.

Aadoniel
May 7, 2009
I wish both HK and Boba were better. I just love the image of those two going around blowing poo poo up, but instead it is them who get blown up. At least they both revive and go "syke!" but then die again. Also, why isn't HK a Scoundrel? Devs I hope you're listening.

Prefect Six
Mar 27, 2009

Can someone explain to me why I should give up on my level 69, 5* chewie besides he's "bad"? He can take a lot of punishment between his defense and self-heal ability.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Prefect Six posted:

Can someone explain to me why I should give up on my level 69, 5* chewie besides he's "bad"? He can take a lot of punishment between his defense and self-heal ability.

In arena, which is probably what people are referring to, he's too slow. By the time he gets his taunt off, a fast damage team will already have killed a couple of your team members. Also, his taunt is weaker than other taunters because there aren't any additional effects when he taunts. Poe reduces enemy turn meters and can expose them. Han increases friendly turn meters when he's hit. Royal Guard can taunt out of turn. That said, with the balance changes coming out this week, things could change.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

What is it that is causing my Royal Guard to taunt, anyway?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

GlitchThief posted:

What is it that is causing my Royal Guard to taunt, anyway?

Another member of HIS team dropping below 50% health.

I usually just kill him first. If you could hit another toon hard enough to trigger the taunt before QGJ's opening turn (subsequently removing that taunt and buffing your team), that woulds be ideal. He only taunts after the first time they drop below 50%, so once the taunt is down, you can finish off the initial target.

That being said, the second you bring someone else below 50%, you're right back to RG taunt again.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Apr 11, 2016

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

I usually hit their squishies with Yoda once then do the QGJ assist. Yoda won't bring them to 50% and QGJ usually finishes them off without activating royal guard.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Tagichatn posted:

I usually hit their squishies with Yoda once then do the QGJ assist. Yoda won't bring them to 50% and QGJ usually finishes them off without activating royal guard.

There it be.

Man, I need to start skilling up the Yod.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Having all five of my dudes up with QGJ leading while the enemy only has Dooku left but he is attacking me like six times in a row is pretty loving stupid.

Changed to QGJ/lum/IG86/Poggle/phasma for arena. Pretty good.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

I replaced 7* kitted out to level-70 max with 5* gear 7 Royal Guard and arena is easy mode on offense and I drop to 120 instead of 200 overnight. Stacking Stuns is fantastic, just don't go up against Yoda-led teams or that one weirdo with Luke leader.

Can anyone tell me if Royal Guard can taunt if someone falls below 50% before an assist or multiattack finishes but dies at the end?

Anyway Daka, Royal Guard, Hoth Rebel is a solid core of a team, add your own favorite DPS and your best leader (possibly Dooku for even more stun gimmicks?). I'm using Phasma and Greedo.

kaschei fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Apr 11, 2016

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

kaschei posted:

I replaced 7* kitted out to level-70 max with 5* gear 7 Royal Guard and arena is easy mode on offense and I drop to 120 instead of 200 overnight. Stacking Stuns is fantastic, just don't go up against Yoda-led teams or that one weirdo with Luke leader.

Can anyone tell me if Royal Guard can taunt if someone falls below 50% before an assist or multiattack finishes but dies at the end?

No, it only triggers at the end of a turn.

Edit: The trigger is worded weirdly but it should be read as 'if at the end of a turn an ally that started the turn above 50% health is now below 50% health'. Dead allies won't trigger it.

Vulpes fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Apr 11, 2016

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Yeah basically RG won't interrupt an assisted attack (Geonosian, Qui-Gon) or multiple attack (Dooku, FOTP), but he will kick in afterwards if the target is still alive and <50% health.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
To clarify, he'll kick in even if the target dies, as long as one of the attacks in the combo knocked the target to yellow or red health.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
I've heard rumours that there exists an arena team that doesn't include sidious.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

cowofwar posted:

I've heard rumours that there exists an arena team that doesn't include sidious.

I dropped him for QGJ.

Phasma(L), QGJ, Poe, Luke, Lumi

I'll drop Luke for Dooku in a week or so, Lumi for Daka in like a month.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Apr 12, 2016

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

cowofwar posted:

I feel like it's gonna become more and more common, given that his procs aren't hitting that often these days due to his dirt-poor potency and the any-day-now balance changes are supposed to favor slower types. If Sid can't facilitate gently caress-you alpha strikes and on-demand healing denial, he's... fine? But even if the meta stays fast as hell I think I'd lean more towards a comp like Geo, Rey, Lumi, QGJ, RG or something.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

cowofwar posted:

I dropped him, he never lands poo poo. I'm running Lumi, Daka, RP, Geno, QGJ now. I don't try very hard but I usually sit around #60

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Also like, even when Sidious was legitimately top dog, he didn't fit into tank/droid squads, QGJ Jedi rush squads, and so on. He's never felt completely inescapable for me, though obviously that's going to depend on which group you're in

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Enemy sidious plays right into royal guard gaining meter from every DoT.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
I play a jedi squad for GW so he's loving annoying more than anything.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Am I correct in assuming that the arena squad people face when they challenge me is the one I have taken into my last arena battle?

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
I had cut Sid but I recently added him back in. I see a lot of Jedi teams lately and his life/turn meter gain whenever a unit dies is still pretty great even if his statuses aren't that relevant any more and his damage is mid-low compared to most other damage dealers these days.

Eventually I'll get around to finishing GS and probably replace him for good.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

GlitchThief posted:

Am I correct in assuming that the arena squad people face when they challenge me is the one I have taken into my last arena battle?

correct.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Release notes are out, they're not especially informative:

quote:

Here are the update notes that will be going live this Thursday.
Major Changes
New Statistic Protection - "Protection" is a new statistic assigned to characters beginning at Gear Lvl VII. This statistic acts as an additional amount of effective health for a character in order to increase the time-to-kill at higher character levels.
Protection is visible on the character details' statistics screen
In combat, the Protection amount is deducted from first prior to Health when receiving damage.
If a Character has unlocked the Protection statistic, a portion of their Protection Meter will regenerate between Encounters/Galactic War Battles as long as it was not fully depleted.
Current Protection values display on Galactic War roster previews similar to how Health does.
Targeting a character in-battle shows the Protection bar, if present, within the upper right-hand area of the screen above the Health bar.
Armor and Resistance have been adjusted to make them more valuable by providing better damage mitigation.
Advantage has been reworked to grant 100% chance to score a critical hit on the next attack.
Speed will now be more important in calibration of a character’s damage output. Generally speaking, faster acting characters will see a damage reduction and slower characters will see an increase.
Balance adjustments have been made to all Light/Dark Side Battles, Cantina Battles and Challenges to accommodate the above changes.
Character Changes
Captain Phasma, First Order TIE Pilot, First Order Stormtrooper, First Order Officer, Finn, and Grand Master Yoda all correctly grant the new version of Advantage
All First Order Characters have been adjusted to taking into account the changes to Advantage
First Order TIE Pilot
Gun Down new effect: Deal Physical damage to target enemy and inflict Offense Down for 2 turns on a Critical Hit. New upgrade schedule as follows:
Upgrade 1: +5% Damage
Upgrade 2: +5% Damage
Upgrade 3: Add Health Down with Advantage
Upgrade 4: +5% Damage
Upgrade 5: +15% Damage
Upgrade 6: +5% Damage
Upgrade 7: +15% Damage
Keen Eye now only triggers once per enemy
Keen Eye will now correctly trigger if an enemy is killed instantly from above 50% Health
First Order Stormtrooper
Hindering Shot new effect: Deal Physical damage to target enemy with a 30% chance to inflict Speed Down for 1 turn. This chance is increased to 100% on a Critical Hit. New upgrade schedule as follows:
Upgrade 1: Damage + 5%
Upgrade 2: Damage + 15%
Upgrade 3: Damage + 5%
Upgrade 4: +20% Speed Down Chance
Upgrade 5: Damage + 5%
Upgrade 6: Damage + 5%
Upgrade 7: Damage + 15%
The Order Relentless new effect: All allies gain Defense Up for 2 turns and First Order Stormtrooper gains Advantage for 2 turns. New upgrade schedule as follows:
Upgrade 1: Add 25% chance to gain 25% Turn Meter on use
Upgrade 2: +5% Turn Meter Gain
Upgrade 3: Defense Up Duration + 1
Upgrade 4: +5% Turn Meter Gain
Upgrade 5: +25% Turn Meter Gain Chance
Upgrade 6: +5% Turn Meter Gain
Upgrade 7: Cooldown - 1
First Order Officer
Capitalize new effect: Deal Physical damage to target enemy. If any ally has Advantage, this attack is a guaranteed Critical Hit. New upgrade schedule as follows:
Upgrade 2: Add 10% Critical Damage
Upgrade 3: +5% Damage
Upgrade 5: +15% Damage
Upgrade 7: +10% Critical Damage
Captain Phasma
Onslaught new effect: Deal Physical damage to target enemy and inflict Defense Down on a Critical Hit. If this attack is not a Critical Hit, Phasma has a 25% chance to gain Advantage for 2 turns instead. New upgrade schedule as follows:
Upgrade 2: +15% Damage
Upgrade 3: +5% Damage
Upgrade 5: +25% Advantage Chance
Upgrade 7: +15% Damage
Victory March now specifies Advantage duration (2 turns.)
Fire at Will now refreshes Advantage if the Assisting ally had Advantage.
General Changes
Arena payouts have decreased by 100 Arena Tokens, but the daily challenge reward for completing three Arena battles has been increased by 100 Arena Tokens. This was done to assist lower level players with acquiring more Arena Tokens to purchase character Shards in the Arena Store
All Gear, Challenges, Events, Cantina and Light/Dark side battles will no longer display if they have requirements that require higher than level 81.
Health bar pips have been adjusted to more accurately reflect health values at higher levels
Sandtrooper Commanders no longer apply continuous damage 100% of the time
Excluding the final encounter of each Mission in Light Side 2 battles, all other encounters within the Mission may now only spawn a maximum of three Geonosian Soldiers, Commanders, or Spies
Bug Fixes
Fixed the Turn Meter Gain effect on Nute Gunray's Leader ability affecting non-Stealthed allies.
Fixed a bug that could cause Grand Master Yoda's Masterstroke to copy effects that were not present on an enemy.
Fixed a bug that caused IG-88's final Leader ability upgrade to trigger a Resist check at the start of each encounter, potentially making Resisting enemies not interact with the ability correctly.
Fixed a bug that could cause First Order Tie Pilot to occasionally attack three times with their Basic ability.
Grand Master Yoda can now copy buffs from enemies that are defeated by Masterstroke.

My takes:

Galactic war is gonna get harder.
Too little info to tell how impactful protection will be.
Too little info to tell the effect of the speed/damage update.
Phasma's ability to hand out critical hits to the whole team could be really strong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Davethulhu posted:

Release notes are out, they're not especially informative:

My takes:

Galactic war is gonna get harder.
Too little info to tell how impactful protection will be.
Too little info to tell the effect of the speed/damage update.
Phasma's ability to hand out critical hits to the whole team could be really strong.

I think Phasma just got about 50% better, and probably not even as lead. Dooku, Rey, GS, QGJ, Phasma is sounding really good right now. 50% TM + 100% crit is really good on those guys, especially since they will all get a turn before Phasma, and then go again almost right away. Phasma will probably still suck on defence, so you should replace him with RG or Daka or something in your final battle.

I agree that GW is probably harder, especially if you have to fight through protection on every single enemy. That said, your Arena team will do better because of protection, so you can just nuke the first 7-8 teams.

• Locked thread