Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
Cameron brings up the Falklands and is now defending Jimmy Carr. This is amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

EULER'VE TO SEE IT VENN SOMEONE CALLS IT THE WRONG THING AND PROVOKES MY WRATH

Pissflaps posted:

So retaining copies of important documents is 'obsessive'. I see.

Do you print out important emails too?

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Jack the Lad posted:

Nice summary of the new contract on that Telegraph article:

I notice that it compares base salaries, but doesn't compare the bonuses paid for unsocial hours. I wonder why that might be?

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
Why do I have the feeling that "I was advised they wouldn't pass the EU legislation if I didn't argue for the removal of Trusts" is just outright bollocks? That wasn't the reason given back then.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Lord of the Llamas posted:

Do you print out important emails too?

Why would I do that?

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Regarde Aduck posted:

We're on an internet forum in 2016 where craven irony and compulsive contrarianism is the base level of normalcy.
no it isnt

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Hah, only his MP salary and 1.5k for a lecture. Pristine. Also note he provided his actual tax return and not merely a summary.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Prince John posted:

The trouble is that if he'd waited 4-6 weeks then the Panama Papers would be out of the front page and he hasn't had much success in converting lines of attack into newspaper column inches. He needed to take advantage of the fact that they were already printing this stuff and that Cameron is feeling under pressure enough to care at this moment - but might not be in two months time.

Yeah tell it to pissflaps!

Hey look an actual tax return and not something scribbled on a piece of A4

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
He did get fined £100 for turning it in a bit late though. That was actually bad for Corbyn.

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

EULER'VE TO SEE IT VENN SOMEONE CALLS IT THE WRONG THING AND PROVOKES MY WRATH

Pissflaps posted:

Why would I do that?

You don't seem to think that trusting a 3rd party with your data is sensible.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Lord of the Llamas posted:

You don't seem to think that trusting a 3rd party with your data is sensible.

I don't think HMRC advertise themselves as a data storage service unless you know better?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Dennis Skinner has been kicked out for calling cameron dodgy dave twice lol

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Fans posted:

He did get fined £100 for turning it in a bit late though. That was actually bad for Corbyn.

I suppose only Americans could sympathise with the "OH gently caress IT'S TAX FILING DAY" panic.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Jose posted:

Now this I gotta see

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/live/bbcparliament
16:17 - is the iplayer site blocking adblockers now??

baka kaba fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Apr 11, 2016

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Jose posted:

The real lejjjjjerrrrrnd in the 'ouse.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Jose posted:

lmbo

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

loving hell that was great

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

Jose posted:

This is very bad for Labour and especially Jeremy Corbyn because

awesome-express
Dec 30, 2008

Lol at that old guy getting booted

Poison Jam
Mar 29, 2009

Shh...
We're being watched.
Has Corbyn resigned yet? If not why not? Does he want to upset precious pissflaps?

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7rCXsHo5wc

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich
"You know what adjective I am talking about, starts with a d and ends with y"

OvineYeast
Jul 16, 2007

Freiheit ist immer Freiheit der Andersdenkenden

Dennis Skinner is the best.

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

International development and the politics envy:

quote:

Sir Alan Duncan, the Conservative former international development minister, says Cameron’s critics just hate people who are wealthy.

What a complete poo poo.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

baka kaba posted:

loving hell that was great

At first I was thinking that he'd hosed up because Cameron didn't have to answer the question but then I realised there was absolutely no loving way he was going to answer the question with anything other than HURR DUURRR CORBYN SCRUFFY but instead he's just guaranteed the words "Dodgy Dave" are going to be used a lot over the next few days.

Dennis Skinner is a loving national treasure and if Labour only had 624 more of him this country would be a far better place.

OvineYeast
Jul 16, 2007

Freiheit ist immer Freiheit der Andersdenkenden

Junior G-man posted:

What a complete poo poo.

He's right though, I do.

Blacknose
Jul 28, 2006

Meet frustration face to face
A point of view creates more waves
So lose some sleep and say you tried
same

awesome-express
Dec 30, 2008

I mean I kinda agree with the low achievers/vs high achievers. It's just that everyone should be taken care of regardless of their aspirations since we're not loving cavemen and can look out for one another

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

LMAO some Tory is calling for Tony Blair's tax returns now.

So would I mate. So would a lot of people, including in the Labour Party.

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich
there's no actual chance of Cameron getting pulled down by this, correct?

just lots of whinging and posturing from labour?

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

goddamnedtwisto posted:

At first I was thinking that he'd hosed up because Cameron didn't have to answer the question but then I realised there was absolutely no loving way he was going to answer the question with anything other than HURR DUURRR CORBYN SCRUFFY but instead he's just guaranteed the words "Dodgy Dave" are going to be used a lot over the next few days.

Dennis Skinner is a loving national treasure and if Labour only had 624 more of him this country would be a far better place.

Yeah and look at Gideon

Trouble's a-brewin

I also liked all the 'bye!' catcalls like they didn't just get comprehensively owned. Haha Skinner got told off by Sir!!!

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Arkane posted:

Cameron has done a gently caress-load of poo poo, this is just another thing that makes the Tories look corrupt. It probably won't bring him down but it doesn't matter, it's made him look like a cheating piece of poo poo.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Arkane posted:

Anyone else would be gone by now. Cameron is teflon as gently caress and will go exactly when he wants to. It's just something I've come to accept. That's not to say he won't irreparably damage the Tories image.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Arkane posted:

not unless it develops further. it's still fairly damaging, and it's driven another wedge between the prime minister and his chancellor

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Junior G-man posted:

International development and the politics envy:

What a complete poo poo.
I don't hate people who are wealthy, I just hate people who are wealthy through unearned means, land monopoly, usury, the extraction of the labor of others, unfair trading, etc.

The one or two people who got rich from the sweat of their own brows are probably fine.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Firos posted:

I get my payslips via email.

Are they at least PGP encrypted? Or is it literally plaintext? Because if so, wow that's unsafe.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Arkane posted:

Labour are getting nothing out of this except the collapse of the Tory parties credibility before the May elections and I can't imagine why they'd want that.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Nonsense posted:

Your country is being stripped clean, have a criminal PM and all you are talking about is a tax return. bagl

Welcome to UK politics, where everything is dumb & irrelevant or totally glossed over.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
RIP Mr Nice, the UK's most famous dope dealer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Graun posted:

Robert Jenrick, a Conservative, says he has gone back through Hansard over the 13 years while Labour was in power and he cannot find any reference to Jeremy Corbyn complaining about tax havens. He says the only relevant reference he found was Corbyn saying the plan to use orders in council to take control of the Turks and Caicos Islands in 2009 was “medieval” and “extreme”. But Corbyn is now proposing that for tax havens, he says.

Cameron jokes that Corbyn has now found a use of nuclear submarines; he can send them to subjugate the Isle of Mann.

Haha what a bunch of petulant children.

• Locked thread