Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

TKIY posted:

Looks like there will be some restock of these items after all:

This is peak GW.

People liked the old stuff more than they expected, so they will cast new ones do they will sell them for the last time, one more time.

Jesus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syrnn
Aug 16, 2004

Goons throughout this thread posted:

I am free.

"I Am Free",
a WARHAMMER Megathread
by

Divers Many Gyynes

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
maybe the new orcs will be good for bloodbowl or something?

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

adamantium|wang posted:

Orruks sighted:

drat, why do these guys look so familiar...?

Oh. So Orruks are literally just 40k Bad Moon orks, down to the same yellow/black fire trim in their color scheme. Nice :effort: guys!

Edit: Ahaha, the warboss in the picture literally has a huge moon as his totem, they aren't even trying.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
New Orks make me sad

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Nebalebadingdong posted:

maybe the new orcs will be good for bloodbowl or something?

This is exactly my thinking. If they weren't going to be ridiculously expensive I might have picked up some to convert into linesmen.

I already had to resist the temptation to pick up one of the t-posed slayers to turn into a Dwarf cheerleader.

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

Skinty McEdger posted:

I already had to resist the temptation to pick up one of the t-posed slayers to turn into a Dwarf cheerleader.

Hah! That's thinking with your dipstick

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

In the post apocalyptic world of Age of Sigmar where the gently caress are these feral factions getting their incredibly uniform mass produced armor created?

Pawl
Sep 9, 2006

I'm seeing this from an AoS perspective.

white primer uber alles
It's not a post apocalyptic world at all, not sure where you got that idea. There was a period of thousands of years of civilization in the mortal realms before Chaos hosed everything up (again)

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Edit: ^^^ If that's true it's hilarious because there has been zero communication about that thousands of years of world-building that they could have talked about. I mean that is literally what this is missing that WHFB had; all sorts of winding backstories that helped you give the races a real persona and context.

Radish posted:

In the post apocalyptic world of Age of Sigmar where the gently caress are these feral factions getting their incredibly uniform mass produced armor created?

Killing Sigmarines and wearing their shells.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
Ugh. Does every army in AoS have someone who rides a dragon now?

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Pawl posted:

It's not a post apocalyptic world at all, not sure where you got that idea. There was a period of thousands of years of civilization in the mortal realms before Chaos hosed everything up (again)

:agreed: and I also detest this notion that orcs are "feral" and devoid of culture and industry.

Sir Teabag
Oct 26, 2007
I have a theory that the Mortal Realms are the orc afterlife and Age of Sigmar is a huge retcon of the End Times.

So basically all the Orruks are wearing their Sunday best armour and are battling for eternity, seeking the ultimate unending battle. Or as the old Norse may know it, RagnOrruk. Chaos managed to destroy the Old World thrusting the narrative forge into overdrive and creating the Mortal Realms. Sigmar, struggles to force his Fascist order onto the unsaved souls bitching about how their collections are worthless and their hobby was killed. Meanwhile a bunch of body builders in gimp suits coagulate into throngs inside might-skull castles. Then an race of smaller body builders with big hats oil themselves forth and slide out of the deepest mines searching for ur-Gold.

Enter the Orruks - a fourth race of body builders with big armour. But they seek the pure joy of combat and battle. They are a perpetual motion machine of flexing muscle, tense sinew, and roaring testosterone. All they seek is more, ever more depraved acts of sexual combat thrills. Age of Sigmar is the perfect vehicle for this exciting, never ending combat narrative to be forged. With an unending tide of musclar bodies to test your might against, this truly is Tom Kirb...the Orruks paradise.

This is a retcon of the End Times because the Orruks are the real pleasure hogs winners.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I am a Sigmarite cultural imperialist, "Orrucks" have no culture other than to be stamped under a golden boot.

Pawl
Sep 9, 2006

I'm seeing this from an AoS perspective.

white primer uber alles

Ilor posted:

Ugh. Does every army in AoS have someone who rides a dragon now?

Wyverns were already basically dragons, and this just looks like an updated Wyvern

The only actual dragons are the ones being used by Stormcast, High Elves, Dark Elves, the Zombie Dragon and presumably the Chaos Dragon but I can't find that anywhere in the catalogue

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Sir Teabag posted:

I have a theory that the Mortal Realms are the orc afterlife and Age of Sigmar is a huge retcon of the End Times.

So basically all the Orruks are wearing their Sunday best armour and are battling for eternity, seeking the ultimate unending battle. Or as the old Norse may know it, RagnOrruk. Chaos managed to destroy the Old World thrusting the narrative forge into overdrive and creating the Mortal Realms. Sigmar, struggles to force his Fascist order onto the unsaved souls bitching about how their collections are worthless and their hobby was killed. Meanwhile a bunch of body builders in gimp suits coagulate into throngs inside might-skull castles. Then an race of smaller body builders with big hats oil themselves forth and slide out of the deepest mines searching for ur-Gold.

Enter the Orruks - a fourth race of body builders with big armour. But they seek the pure joy of combat and battle. They are a perpetual motion machine of flexing muscle, tense sinew, and roaring testosterone. All they seek is more, ever more depraved acts of sexual combat thrills. Age of Sigmar is the perfect vehicle for this exciting, never ending combat narrative to be forged. With an unending tide of musclar bodies to test your might against, this truly is Tom Kirb...the Orruks paradise.

This is a retcon of the End Times because the Orruks are the real pleasure hogs winners.
Go on... :eyepop:

I would watch this Jojo anime.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Been spending most of our life, fightin' in an Orruk's paradise

Avenging Dentist
Oct 1, 2005

oh my god is that a circular saw that does not go in my mouth aaaaagh

Pawl posted:

Not so. From Lexicanum, this is what happened immediately prior to present day: "The horrors the dark gods set upon the mortal realms seemed paltry in comparison to the devastation they caused in the world-that-was. The free folk fought, but they were weakened by the fall of the alliance and the union of chaos followers due to the return of Archaon, the ender of worlds. Sigmar closed the gates to Azyr and left the other realms to their fates, not seen again for centuries. The other realms were forced to live in a living hell, frowned in gore and rot, were cities and settlements were torn down and spiked citadels were raised beneath blood-red skies."

Sounds like a post-apocalyptic wasteland to me!

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

quote:

union of chaos

This checks out.

Also I'm not sure on this Sigmar guy being heroic leaving everyone to die in agony while he saves his warrior knights help me out here.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Yeah, that happened. But then Sigmar opened the gates again a length of time later (I want to say a few millennia) and the sigmarines came out to save/conquer the worlds. Presumably some people rebuilt some stuff... Like... Uh... Well the chaos and dwarves are basically naked... But the orruks got their armour from somewhere.

Otherwise you just have the plot of TF2 which is billionaires fighting a war with mercenaries over useless ground purely to prevent the other from having it, only with no idea why that would be ironic, darkly humerous or anything but stern-faced drama.

Edit: I zoomed in enough to read some of the blurryness. The orruks wear pig-iron shaped with their bare hands, and minds too small to comprehend more than canage.

So, the small-minded warriors punched chunks of metal hard enough to turn them into suprisingly regular-edged shapes... And then punched the paint onto them as well?

Elfface fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Apr 11, 2016

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
i love fantasy fiction, where a faction named Chaos whom are the most flat definition of Chaotic Evil possible and whose every bit of arbitrary characterisation is either based on, or justified by, them being Chaos, can have literal hundreds of loving years pass by in stagflation and conformity. blood citadels, forever.

one chaos warlord dared to build a pool and fill it with water instead of FROWNING GORE and he was subsequently flogged to death.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I mean, since all modern day fantasy orcs follow from LOTR, including warham orcs, it only follows that they also represent the fear of industrialization and deadly machinery that threatened the idyllic past and destroyed the natural beauty that Tolkien admired. Their armor suggests industrialization, which is evil.

The Sigmarines, of course, are Luddites who oppose such industrialization and they defeat it while wearing the finest handcrafted items that are custom made by the best smiths to look identical to each other.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
also my cat is really stupid and has a small mind but is distressingly not motivated to commit much carnage.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Tiler Kiwi posted:

also my cat is really stupid and has a small mind but is distressingly not motivated to commit much carnage.

Your cat isn't unfortunate enough to be in AoS. If it were, it would probably have enough sense to try and get killed to end the pain.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Ashcans posted:

Your cat isn't unfortunate enough to be in AoS. If it were, it would probably have enough sense to try and get killed to end the pain.

It will only get resurrected. And I've read enough stephen king novels to know what happens :ohdear:

fnordcircle
Jul 7, 2004

PTUI
important question: am I supposed to pronounce urruks as UR-UX or URX or Ur-Rooks or Ur-rewks

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.

Avenging Dentist posted:

"The horrors the dark gods set upon the mortal realms seemed paltry in comparison to the devastation they caused in the world-that-was."

GW: The Old World was for kids and babies! The hot new Age of Sigmar devastation was biggerer and more betterer than WFB ever was! Now gimme your money you stupid idiots!

MrSlam fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Apr 11, 2016

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Are the Orrrrrrruks the first race that doesn't respawn on death in the fluff?

I mean other than the corrupted humans who are saved by the Sigmarines.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

TKIY posted:

Ahhh, I was thinking 45 degrees from the leader point. Now I get it.

In progress:

Black lines are cuts, red are raster engraved. The tokens are designed to just sit on any free corner of the unit.

Okay so thinking about the rest of the space on this 12" x 12" and I though about little chevrons that you could stack for easy to forget unit modifiers like so:

These can stack on the corner, and they will nest with the bigger markers on the end.

I have a generic 'Magic Item' one, and 'Inspiring'. Good idea? What else would you throw in there. 'Elite' maybe?

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Age of Sigmar is loving terrible

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
So why is that ork surfing on the back of a dragon?

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man

fnordcircle posted:

important question: am I supposed to pronounce urruks as UR-UX or URX or Ur-Rooks or Ur-rewks

I think it's pronounced "Ur-byttr-byyng-orks-elswyr" or "Bad Moons"

Sir Teabag
Oct 26, 2007
What's up with the Megaboss Orruks legs?

I can't tell what shape they are supposed to be. Can't wait for the 360 view, so I can see how it's even weirder looking in profile!

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
I cannot figure out a loving word in that paragraph.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Sir Teabag posted:

What's up with the Megaboss Orruks legs?

I can't tell what shape they are supposed to be. Can't wait for the 360 view, so I can see how it's even weirder looking in profile!

I initially thought that they were digitigrade legs (like a satyr) because of how they look, but based on the additional image s I think that they just have enormously huge kneepads that make the rest of the leg shape look all hosed up.

with a rebel yell she QQd
Jan 18, 2007

Villain

TKIY posted:

Looks like there will be some restock of these items after all:

This is great.
I'm also going to Black Sabbath's last concert this year.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Why does it matter to them that all those old models "sold out too fast?" Is it beause it indicates that interest in them still exists?

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Why does it matter to them that all those old models "sold out too fast?" Is it beause it indicates that interest in them still exists?
There's a sport/clothes shop in the town where I live that every so often has 'Closing soon! ALL STOCK MUST GO!' signs plastered all over its windows. It has been 'almost closing' for about 2 years now, as far as I can see.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Tekopo posted:

There's a sport/clothes shop in the town where I live that every so often has 'Closing soon! ALL STOCK MUST GO!' signs plastered all over its windows. It has been 'almost closing' for about 2 years now, as far as I can see.

There was a rug store here that had a closing down sale every month for about 15 years, TV ads and everything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

There's a furniture store near me that has had updated CLOSING EVERYTHING MUST GO NOW SALE signs for the last fifteen years.

• Locked thread