Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thebushcommander
Apr 16, 2004
HAY
GUYS
MAKE
ME A
FUNNY,
I'M TOO
STUPID
TO DO
IT BY
MYSELF
Masters on the range coverage now LIVE- Happy Master's week!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

I'm taking an early day tomorrow to golf here and then we leave for Tennessee on thursday. Got a round scheduled for Sunday at Gatlinburg Golf Course as long as the snow that's expected for friday holds off!

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

~boop boop beep motherfucker~
We doing our regular game? I'm in for a box of balls on Jason Day.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

EnsGDT posted:

We doing our regular game? I'm in for a box of balls on Jason Day.
I was gonna pick Jason Day :colbert:

We should prohibit Day, Spieth, and Rory.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

YES masters game best game

I'll put a dozen on my man Spieth

E: DAMMIT LYMAN

E2: ESPN did a confidential survey of 56 players. Some good stuff in there. Prime av material too. I love that Lefty is still talking poo poo.

DJExile fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Apr 4, 2016

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I will put my :20bux: on Adam Scott.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Dibs on Bubba

I don't care no one like him, he's my favorite golfer and everyone should watch the 60 minutes special with him that was on this past weekend.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Since Josh Lyman is a dumb poopy pants killjoy, I'll put a dozen on Rickie Fowler.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

mattfl posted:

Dibs on Bubba

I don't care no one like him, he's my favorite golfer and everyone should watch the 60 minutes special with him that was on this past weekend.

I'm mostly cool with Bubba. When you are a completely self-taught golfer and you get 2 green jackets (one of which you won on one of the greatest goddamn shots I have ever seen), I cannot hate you.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

DJExile posted:

I'm mostly cool with Bubba. When you are a completely self-taught golfer and you get 2 green jackets (one of which you won on one of the greatest goddamn shots I have ever seen), I cannot hate you.

I think most people dislike him because of his attitude. Dude has some serious mental issues though and for him to be even out there doing what he is doing is amazing.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

mattfl posted:

I think most people dislike him because of his attitude. Dude has some serious mental issues though and for him to be even out there doing what he is doing is amazing.

Yeah that's mostly how I see it. I can definitely see how opponents would get tired of him (hell, I'm a patient guy and I'm sure it'd wear thin on me), and he's admitted he had a bad temper when he was relatively new to the tour and it definitely flares up now and then.

That said, it's astoundingly refreshing these days to see any kind of athlete that will wear their heart on their sleeve and be more than a robot spouting cliches at every turn.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

DJExile posted:

He is extremely rude to fans and has that whole temper tantrum thing that just makes it even worse. He is an amazing golfer but not a very personable one.

Mickelson will always be the player I hate the most because he is Bubba on Tea Party Republican steroids and one of the cockiest bastards on the course.

Everyone should be more like Graham DeLaet. Beard included. :colbert:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Is El Pato in this Masters? Because I may change my vote

ANd yeah Phil is smug as gently caress.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

Maaaaaan well if I can't have Jason I'll take Louis Oosthuizen.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

We can probably pencil Kameh down for Sergio.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

DJExile posted:

Is El Pato in this Masters? Because I may change my vote

ANd yeah Phil is smug as gently caress.
Yeah Cabrera is playing.

Guess I could make a Masters thread or something.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Josh Lyman posted:

Pencil nothing. You can put that poo poo in sharpie.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
Golfers are the least violent and least "hate" able athletes.

Sure Bubba has asperger's and talks to imaginary demons and Phil was (is?) a popped collar douchelord - I just want to watch them hit filthy shots and make it rain.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Keyser S0ze posted:

Sure Bubba has asperger's and talks to imaginary demons and Phil was (is?) a popped collar douchelord - I just want to watch them hit filthy shots and make it rain.

Phil having the balls to call out nick loving faldo at.... I think ether a Masters or British Open dinner was amazing.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Masters thread is up: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3770999

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

Josh Lyman posted:

It's @TheMasters week and every place is good enough to get some practice done, even the grocery store!😁😉 #firsttry https://t.co/PNUHgT36qD

https://twitter.com/TheSergioGarcia/status/717077161459466241

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

EnsGDT posted:

It's @TheMasters week and every place is good enough to get some practice done, even the grocery store!😁😉 #firsttry https://t.co/PNUHgT36qD

I would like him more if he had smashed the cart into the back of that PT Cruiser.

Keyser S0ze posted:

They're both unlikable cunts.

thebushcommander
Apr 16, 2004
HAY
GUYS
MAKE
ME A
FUNNY,
I'M TOO
STUPID
TO DO
IT BY
MYSELF

Shrapnig posted:

They're both unlikable cunts.

Rory Sabbatini is the biggest one I've met personally. I have zero off the course interaction with Phil or Bubba. I shook both their hands at a practice round for the Wells Fargo Championship once and they were nice enough to me... Rory though...dude can't handle his liquor...

If I were out on the course week in and week out with 1000's of fans yelling my name for autographs while I was trying to win or not gently caress up my next shot I would probably be an rear end in a top hat too. Hell I am usually an rear end in a top hat to rangers that stop their cart on the cart path, in my line of sight and wait my group to hit.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

+1 for the "Don't care they're an rear end in a top hat, I just love watching crazy shots" camp. I don't ever root for them to win but I certainly still enjoy seeing Bubba intentionally slice a ball 50 yards with his driver or somebody stick an iron close from a terrible lie.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Seriously I could watch bubba shape crazy rear end shots all day. It's really wild.

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

Resident Sergio Apologist
CHAMPION

Josh Lyman posted:

DJExile posted:

Pencil nothing. You can put that poo poo in sharpie.

EnsGDT posted:

Ride or die, fam.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

I played in LA today. It was mid 90s, I put on sunscreen four times and drank 5 liters of water, and I still got god drat sun burned. Next time I'm getting a cart. Is it winter yet again?

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwpyJGq6Pjk

quote:

Twenty-two year old Bryson DeChambeau is the fifth golfer to win the NCAA Division I Championship and the U.S. Amateur in the same year. Now, the SMU golfer's scientific methods are ready to turn heads at Augusta.

Summit
Mar 6, 2004

David wanted you to have this.

EnsGDT posted:

I played in LA today. It was mid 90s, I put on sunscreen four times and drank 5 liters of water, and I still got god drat sun burned. Next time I'm getting a cart. Is it winter yet again?

You just live in the wrong place is all. It snowed in Minneapolis this morning.

thebushcommander
Apr 16, 2004
HAY
GUYS
MAKE
ME A
FUNNY,
I'M TOO
STUPID
TO DO
IT BY
MYSELF
So those Tmade Rsi TP's I bought come in tomorrow. They shipped direct from the Tmade factory in Cali, for some reason for what I paid for them I half expected them to come from China.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

Summit posted:

You just live in the wrong place is all. It snowed in Minneapolis this morning.

I'm from Syracuse, NY. I am out of my element in Los Angeles, but I try and make the most of it :P

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

http://deadspin.com/rory-mcilroy-is-a-shark-1769453475

Fantastic excerpt from "slaying the tiger", a book about Rory.

thebushcommander
Apr 16, 2004
HAY
GUYS
MAKE
ME A
FUNNY,
I'M TOO
STUPID
TO DO
IT BY
MYSELF
Must buy putter and at least a 54* wedge this week so I can go play golf again, finally. Getting those irons gave me the mother of all itches to play and I just a couple clubs short of a full bag!

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

thebushcommander posted:

Must buy putter and at least a 54* wedge this week so I can go play golf again, finally. Getting those irons gave me the mother of all itches to play and I just a couple clubs short of a full bag!

I just posted this in the Masters thread but Rock Bottom is doing 20% off right now sitewide. Coupon code TheMasters

thebushcommander
Apr 16, 2004
HAY
GUYS
MAKE
ME A
FUNNY,
I'M TOO
STUPID
TO DO
IT BY
MYSELF

Shrapnig posted:

I just posted this in the Masters thread but Rock Bottom is doing 20% off right now sitewide. Coupon code TheMasters

Yeah, I noticed the discount like 5 minutes after my post and there goes 300 bucks :|

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

thebushcommander posted:

Yeah, I noticed the discount like 5 minutes after my post and there goes 300 bucks :|
What did you even buy? :psyduck:

thebushcommander
Apr 16, 2004
HAY
GUYS
MAKE
ME A
FUNNY,
I'M TOO
STUPID
TO DO
IT BY
MYSELF

Josh Lyman posted:

What did you even buy? :psyduck:

Bunch of golf shirts... Also ATV wedges like the ones I had before that got stolen which after the discount were only 5 dollars more than some slightly used ones I was eyeballing so it worked out pretty good. I'll probably pick up a putter locally ya know so I can try em out a bit. I already know I like the wedges

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Okay so my clubs don't always match in my set, and one of them is a women's club. My 9-Iron is a Agree ii, and has a picture of woman, plus text "LPGA" in it. I'm fairly new to the game, but I like this club. It gives me consistent 85-95 yard shots and I feel comfortable with it.

Is there a bad habit that I am learning and how is this club different from men's?

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Vahakyla posted:

Okay so my clubs don't always match in my set, and one of them is a women's club. My 9-Iron is a Agree ii, and has a picture of woman, plus text "LPGA" in it. I'm fairly new to the game, but I like this club. It gives me consistent 85-95 yard shots and I feel comfortable with it.

Is there a bad habit that I am learning and how is this club different from men's?
No. Generally speaking, women's clubs are shorter, lighter, and have more flexible shafts. None of those things will "ruin" your swing for men's clubs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

Frankly, I'm of the opinion that most amateur men's clubs should be built like LPGA clubs, because the swing speeds are way closer.