Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

I'm the hundreds of drawers(?)

E: Oh those were RAID racks, in a spaceship possibly suffering from intense G-forces. I guess they have the magic future technology of solid state storage

I'm happy they stick with the BIG RED TEXT style monitors and the qwerty keyboard though, makes me feel all at home and cozy

It is obviously a quantum Starcoin machine, since bitcoin is no more. It heats the ship.

It was obvious enough to me?

paaarp

edit : cat pic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Lime Tonics posted:

It is obviously a quantum Starcoin machine, since bitcoin is no more. It heats the ship.

It was obvious enough to me?

paaarp

edit : cat pic

That's a pretty good Atlantic Ghost Catte, friend.

Be careful not to run them over, that makes them die.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Xaerael posted:

Posts like these trigger my MSDOS era PTSD, where half the game was getting the loving game to run in the first place.
Actually I remember either Privateer or Strike Commander having pretty good autoexec.bat and config.sys settings in their manuals that worked for just about anything.

Kind of ironic, really.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
If we are gonna extrapolate Star Citizen's universe based solely on the design philosophy of the ships then Star Citizen's universe is like those old pulpy Sky Captain fictions/interwar military analysts who thought that the future was gonna be was gonna be all blimps and open-canopy propeller biplanes and poo poo where all the adventure came from owning your own airplane.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

Ragequit posted:

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A HARD DRIVE INTO THE RAID ARRAY. IT’S REBUILDING AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START POSTING ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, DEREK. I RETWEET EVERY GOON PICTURE AND I MISS EVERY JOKE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I BLOCK SOME SHITIZENS OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP TECHNIQUE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY ESCAPED CHRIS ROBERTS MOST DANGEROUS GAME. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN REDDIT AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN REDDIT CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JEKRS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE LINES AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY SPACESHIP LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNIng

:monocle:

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

Phi230 posted:

If we are gonna extrapolate Star Citizen's universe based solely on the design philosophy of the ships then Star Citizen's universe is like those old pulpy Sky Captain fictions/interwar military analysts who thought that the future was gonna be was gonna be all blimps and open-canopy propeller biplanes and poo poo where all the adventure came from owning your own airplane.

You say that like its a bad thing.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

SpunkyRedKnight posted:

Croberts can be a bit long-winded and rambling in his answers so I took one of the recent 10 for the chairman episodes and edited it down to more clearly communicate the meat of his answers. Fly angry, commandos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmboss0kD2A

God drat that was a work of art.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

SpunkyRedKnight posted:

Croberts can be a bit long-winded and rambling in his answers so I took one of the recent 10 for the chairman episodes and edited it down to more clearly communicate the meat of his answers. Fly angry, commandos.

Amazing, there needs to be more of this kind of thing. Seriously.

This is a deadly weapon.

GabrielMobius
Mar 22, 2016

everything is fine

SpunkyRedKnight posted:

I've been MIA from the thread for a while but this is pretty great to come back to.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Beet Wagon posted:

That's some Stimpire approved working space!

The farts triple in intensity every second.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
http://mmofallout.com/line-of-defense-leaving-steam/

Lol

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

I'm happy they stick with the BIG RED TEXT style monitors

It's to preserve their night vision for when they look through the space periscope.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

They have figured out cloud imperium storage you see

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

I'm the breathing hoses connected to the snap shut ammo pouches.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Is this the ELE?

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:

spacetoaster posted:

#fidelity.

boethius
Jul 10, 2001

Space bunnies have three ears

spacetoaster posted:

I assumed those hoses and pouches were for the space vaping.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

spacetoaster posted:

Nothing gets me ready for a space battle like a quick sniff of pistol ammo. There's probably a lot of CIG employees starting to think the same thing.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

KiddieGrinder posted:

Reddit making it's own Star Plebeian to troll us or something? :confused:

edit: Oh they're stealing Star Citizen assets and making their own better game, good on them.

They're starting to self-actualize. This will only add humor. Everyone wins.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

spacetoaster posted:

You Archerite!

TTerrible posted:

That space suit is absolutely awful. They've just greebled it randomly to get it to look detailed. Hoses going into open, fabric, magazine pouches. The collar has no split points. The magical holster.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here
so when is star citizen coming out?

boethius
Jul 10, 2001

Space bunnies have three ears

Rexicon1 posted:

two weeks

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

orcinus posted:

You Archerite!

Yeah, but I actually made that in MS Paint. :colbert:

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Rexicon1 posted:

When it comes to terms with its sexual game-developmental preference.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Wing Commander series cheap on GoG, if people want to relive those golden memories. Or FTL's stupidly cheap if you want to play a good space game.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

I think I labelled it all correctly

(right click+open image in new tab)

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Why do the pilot's gloves have pads that can firmly lock in the wristbands? Why are the sleeves so poorly fitted? Why garter belts? Why does the helmet have a breathing grille in the front? Why are there lights on the helmet and nowhere else?

And what's in the big pocket? Paper space maps?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Stop controlling my immersion

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Ash1138 posted:

Actually I remember either Privateer or Strike Commander having pretty good autoexec.bat and config.sys settings in their manuals that worked for just about anything.

Kind of ironic, really.

That's true. If you could get the current Origin game(s) running, you were set for pretty much anything else the industry would throw at you. It's almost as if you prepare for the worst, and suddenly the merely inconvenient becomes a cinch. Of course, everyone soon started using DOS/4GW, which took the edge of a lot of those problems.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I can't unsee the face in Mark Hamill's flight suit. Those two round things make eyes, the weird flap of fabric between them is the nose, and the vented crotch plate is the mouth.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

MiniDisc slots loving killed me.
(PS: i still have a MD player in the car - that i don't really drive, but still...)

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I can't unsee the face in Mark Hamill's flight suit. Those two round things make eyes, the weird flap of fabric between them is the nose, and the vented crotch plate is the mouth.

Goddamn it

iron buns
Jan 12, 2016

SelenicMartian posted:

Why do the pilot's gloves have pads that can firmly lock in the wristbands? Why are the sleeves so poorly fitted? Why garter belts? Why does the helmet have a breathing grille in the front? Why are there lights on the helmet and nowhere else?

And what's in the big pocket? Paper space maps?

Maybe they used something like this as a reference?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Altran posted:

This are overwhelmingly one sided, there should be giant red capitalized letters stating "do not pledge SC kickstarter"

Wait, isn't this a ponzi scheme?

I asked my upline and he told me to shut the gently caress up and haul you in while you're biting

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Nobody would deny that CIG has great artists. It's all they've ever been good at.

Question is, what the gently caress is all that for? Where's the game dudes?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Toops posted:

Nobody would deny that CIG has great artists. It's all they've ever been good at.

Question is, what the gently caress is all that for? Where's the game dudes?

Decoration. That's all Star Citizen is.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

And no one bought LoD ever again

moreso

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I've seen other devs "re-release" a game to clear their steam reviews. The problem with this for LoD is that it has to be a decent game when it comes back out otherwise it will just get poo poo on again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

So… was it his experiences during these capture sessions that forced them to reduce his presence in Ep7 to a shell-shocked hobo on a mountain?

• Locked thread