Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Oh, I know this one.

CirclMastr posted:

Just wanted to let folks know that the latest Kickstarter campaign I'm involved in has launched.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Not really, they just keep popping up to shill their bad games. The rest of the time they just play audience participant over in Let's Play.

Edit: Although their last game was especially bad.

Kwyndig fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Apr 8, 2016

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Kai Tave posted:

Oh, I know this one.

Wait, which was was this again?

quote:

Our NSFW Whistleblower Expansion features cards to lampoon protected classes and sensitive PC white knights and Social Justice Warriors.
Oh, right. That one.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

CirclMastr posted:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1669298805/primoris-core-set

This is a project I helped out with that's been about two years in the making. Any support it can get would be greatly appreciated.

Why is shilling projects in here even allowed? You didn't even provide a description.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

This is the only thread shilling products is allowed in Trad Games, but people really need to put in more effort than this guy has been doing.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

alg posted:

Why is shilling projects in here even allowed? You didn't even provide a description.

I don't see why shilling shouldn't be allowed, otherwise you wind up with poo poo like how on RPGnet shilling of your own Kickstarters was frowned upon so people would just get a friend of theirs to post something like "hey guys here's a project I found by RPGnet's very own [INSERT NAME HERE]"

The issue isn't that this dude is shilling, it's that shilling is literally all he does in this thread and the things he's shilling suck. Compare this to, say, gnome or Bucnasti or someone like that.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Kai Tave posted:

I don't see why shilling shouldn't be allowed, otherwise you wind up with poo poo like how on RPGnet shilling of your own Kickstarters was frowned upon so people would just get a friend of theirs to post something like "hey guys here's a project I found by RPGnet's very own [INSERT NAME HERE]"

There was at least one guy who I'm pretty sure wasn't able to find one friend to shill for him, so it did work that once.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

CirclMastr posted:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1669298805/primoris-core-set

This is a project I helped out with that's been about two years in the making. Any support it can get would be greatly appreciated.

Art looks slick as hell.

Edit: missed the discussion. Welp. :shrug:

Helical Nightmares fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Apr 8, 2016

Sir Mopalot
Jun 8, 2014

Evil Mastermind posted:

Wait, which was was this again?

Oh, right. That one.

Ahh I see. Those guys. Shoulda checked the kickstarter profile. I guess this is a little less lovely at least, so progress perhaps.

On topic I think that shilling is okay, there's some great stuff that people have made that can use more exposure, but it certainly has more of an impact for me when it doesn't feel like it's being yelled out of the window of a passing car.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

This is some cool etched brass stuff for detailing minis, bases, and terrain. I personally like the 3D chainsaw

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

El Estrago Bonito posted:

You might actually just want Trail of Cthulhu or Fear Itself for this.

I've considered buying Fear Itself multiple times, but I think I'd want to bring Kult mythology into this in some way. I really like the workings of the whole greater secret in Kult. We'll see when they finish translating it whether it holds together, but I'll hold off on Fear Itself until I've seen the final copy of Kult.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
Been awhile since I read up on Kult. What was its "hook" that set it apart from the many lesser 90s gnostic-horror games?

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

HitTheTargets posted:

Been awhile since I read up on Kult. What was its "hook" that set it apart from the many lesser 90s gnostic-horror games?

That's a real good question. I read Kult later...in the 2000s about. Probably the "gently caress it we are the Satanic Panic" attitude and the Metropolis/Kabalah Angels metaplot.

Btw I highly, highly recommend this fan made Kult sourcebook for Gaia.

http://www.mockman.com/Gaia-Sourcebook.pdf

The author took the idea of Gaia from Legions of Darkness and turned it into multiple terrifying biomes of nature. Great source material for any horror game, Cthulhu, Changeling the Lost or even weird planets for a space horror game.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

LordAba posted:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sodapopminiatures/rail-raiders-infinite/description

Rail Raiders Infinite! Looks like it is trying for a casual thing. Looks like it will get old fast.

I don't like the game play of Ninja All Stars so will ignore this one as well.

I'm not super sold on the gameplay and the anime titties are silly, but those cowboy robits are incredibly charming.

Power Player
Oct 2, 2006

GOD SPEED YOU! HUNGRY MEXICAN
I did a search but I couldn't find anything about this. There's an expansion for Fragged Empire right now.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/wadedyer/fragged-empire-rpg-protagonist-archive-and-miniatu

Has anyone played this? It seems to have rules for grid-based combat, which I'm down with.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
In case anyone is interested, the Rum and Bones: Second Tide KS starts at 3PM EST. (The link will redirect at that time.)

I guess they revamped the entire system because the first version of the game was pretty bad. Apparently, the MOBA/Tower Defense system didn't work too well in a boardgame format. People are saying they like the changes, though not having played myself, I can't comment. The original game contents are being updated for this new version, so anyone with the original won't have a useless game. Basing this from past CMON games, the new rules should be available online for free at some point (likely during the KS.)

EDIT: And it funded in seconds. The Season 1 Upgrade Kit is $15, but there is not way to add it short of pledging the full amount to Season 2. Going to bring that up in the comments section.

berzerkmonkey fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Apr 11, 2016

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Ghostbusters 2 KS went live, and goddamn they want your money bad.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The_Doctor posted:

Ghostbusters 2 KS went live, and goddamn they want your money bad.

But...is Vigo! You are like the buzzing of flies to him!

e: seriously, though, the game looks meh but I want some of those Ghostbuster symbol d6's.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Evil Mastermind posted:

But...is Vigo! You are like the buzzing of flies to him!

e: seriously, though, the game looks meh but I want some of those Ghostbuster symbol d6's.

Yeah, I've early bird pledged because I am weak. :smith:

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I'll be honest; if there was a $5 "just one die" level I'd probably back it. I'm not going to buy the whole game just for the dice, though.

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.
Say what you will about the game, but getting Ernie Hudson to suit up for the campaign video is pretty awesome. :woop:

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Aren't the Ghostbusters games just reskined Zombicide clones?

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.

Kai Tave posted:

Aren't the Ghostbusters games just reskined Zombicide clones?

In that there are minis and leveling up / abilities, and dice I guess. Mechanically they're a bit different, for better or for worse.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
They're also D6 based fight-em-ups with board control elements. Not identical but same genre.

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.

Evil Mastermind posted:

If that's all you want, I got a block of them for a buck each from this site a couple of years ago. They're for the old WEG Ghostbusters RPG.

https://nerdy-show.myshopify.com/products/gbrpg-extra-ghost-die

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Peas and Rice posted:

If that's all you want, I got a block of them for a buck each from this site a couple of years ago. They're for the old WEG Ghostbusters RPG.

Oh, nice! Thanks!

WaywardWoodwose
May 19, 2008

The woods are lovely, dark, and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

Peas and Rice posted:

If you're really into the idea, some dice manufacturers will do it for you. i had these made a couple years ago for a savage worlds game that never got off the ground.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Power Player posted:

I did a search but I couldn't find anything about this. There's an expansion for Fragged Empire right now.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/wadedyer/fragged-empire-rpg-protagonist-archive-and-miniatu

Has anyone played this? It seems to have rules for grid-based combat, which I'm down with.

I've actually been looking at Fragged Empire (didn't even know about the new KS), and it looks pretty neat. I like the base idea that all the available races were custom-designed by humans and Evil Alien Race centuries ago, then the humans got wiped out and the Evil Alien Race took off, leaving all these custom races behind in the leftovers of human civilization. Now it's 100 years later, and the races are just getting their poo poo together to the point where interplanetary travel is possible.

One thing I will say: this is probably the clearest RPG I've ever read. There's a lot of page referencing (Here's the section on X. It's related to A (page this), B (page that), and C (page etc)), and very unambiguous full-page rules flowcharts.

Looks like you can do poo poo like get into commodities trading on the side, mod up your weapons, and get little combat drone sidekicks, too. I'm just going off the free preview, though.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Power Player posted:

This looks pretty neat and the tier for everything in PDF is not bad.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Good thing: My copy of Millennium Blades showed up.

Bad thing: Level99 designed the insert. :negative:

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Echophonic posted:

Good thing: My copy of Millennium Blades showed up.

Bad thing: Level99 designed the insert. :negative:

Give it 1-2 months then look up an online tutorial to make it so you can easily store the pieces in the insert/box you were given.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

Covok posted:

Give it 1-2 months then look up an online tutorial to make it so you can easily store the pieces in the insert/box you were given.

For the low low price of 70 dollars in printed cardstock and a full day of work

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Power Player posted:

Evil Mastermind posted:

I've actually been looking at Fragged Empire (didn't even know about the new KS), and it looks pretty neat. I like the base idea that all the available races were custom-designed by humans and Evil Alien Race centuries ago, then the humans got wiped out and the Evil Alien Race took off, leaving all these custom races behind in the leftovers of human civilization. Now it's 100 years later, and the races are just getting their poo poo together to the point where interplanetary travel is possible.

One thing I will say: this is probably the clearest RPG I've ever read. There's a lot of page referencing (Here's the section on X. It's related to A (page this), B (page that), and C (page etc)), and very unambiguous full-page rules flowcharts.

Looks like you can do poo poo like get into commodities trading on the side, mod up your weapons, and get little combat drone sidekicks, too. I'm just going off the free preview, though.

Fragged Empire looks interesting and this flowchart is incredibly clear. Great catch guys.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Pinnacle just announced that the Savage Worlds: Rifts KS will be launching on April 26th.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Evil Mastermind posted:

Pinnacle just announced that the Savage Worlds: Rifts KS will be launching on April 26th.

:toot:

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Evil Mastermind posted:

This destroys. Hopefully it's a little more book than the Sixth Gun.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Wait for retail. Pinnacle may be a bigger, more experienced outfit than Soda Pop, but Siembieda has literally decades of experience hijacking projects and micromanaging poo poo to death.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Remember Robotech Tactics. :colbert:

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

Unbound - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gshowitt/unbound-rpg/description has reached funding. Since launch theres been some rules and examples of play put up, I know a bunch of people here like that kind of thing before backing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках
Just an update, the 7th Sea 2nd Edition kickstarter just added yet another book, this one a revamped Explorer's Society book. The post-campaign additional signups added another $100k to the total!

• Locked thread