Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Mak0rz posted:

I bought Torchlight II a couple years ago after finishing the first game, but by then I was kind of burnt out on the gameplay. Maybe I should fire that fucker up now that I'm done with Hexen 2. I don't know what class I want to go with. Maybe an Engineer? Because I always go Rogue in the first Diablo game I went with the Vanquisher in Torchlight and had a lot of fun with it.

But even after getting through the class options I'll still be faced with the most difficult decision of all: choosing/naming a pet :ohdear:

E: I don't think playing Torchlight is good right now though because my mouse is on the fritz :argh:

make sure you download some mods (steam has workshop support) so you can respec and all that poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Unfunny Poster posted:

No, EVE.

I know I'll leave.

A funny post from forum poster unfunny poster.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Ahundredbux posted:

make sure you download some mods (steam has workshop support) so you can respec and all that poo poo

I usually try playing through a game vanilla before modding, but for the sake of QOL improvements I'll be happy to get some. What do you recommend? What do they do?

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Mak0rz posted:

I usually try playing through a game vanilla before modding, but for the sake of QOL improvements I'll be happy to get some. What do you recommend? What do they do?

Shiiet, I just went with a bunch of mods that were on the Most Subscribed list in the steam workshop, Synergies has been pretty good so far and The Endless dungeon is pretty rad.

Not that important to play this game vanilla since all you'll be doing is bashing monsters with different classes and skills anyway but if you decide against major stuff at the very least get a mod that lets you respec since vanilla is limited to the last 3 learned skills.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Dark Souls 3 is almost out :sweatdrop:

I spent all weekend gaming with the fiancee so I managed not to think about it but today at work is gonna be rough

Streets of rage remake is really good btw

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Broseph Brostar posted:

I spent all weekend gaming with the fiancee so I managed not to think about it but today at work is gonna be rough

At least it doesn't release on Steam until 5 p.m. my time.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

theres a certain point at which damage numbers get so large that they become meaningless

Injun Greenberg
Sep 14, 2011

Broseph Brostar posted:

I'm not going to be able to play it until Friday :( woe is me

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

FanaticalMilk posted:

At least it doesn't release on Steam until 5 p.m. my time.

I probably should get it on PC since is cheaper and releasing 6 hours sooner, but I can't get my DS4 to work well wirelessly and I definitely don't want to sit in front of my computer to play it.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Quest For Glory II posted:

theres a certain point at which damage numbers get so large that they become meaningless

They are still meaningful to me. And my obsession.

For making big numbers appear on screens.

DeckardPain
Feb 29, 2016

Broseph Brostar posted:

The wait will be worth it. I think all things considered it's my favorite in the Soulsborne universes.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

I hate this word is a thing

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Soultroidbornevania

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
all fps's being called "doom clones"

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Gamefly update! After 3 days they finally shipped me a game! #6 in my Q although #1-5 all said available now or available medium. What a poo poo company.

DeckardPain
Feb 29, 2016

theultimo posted:

I hate this word is a thing

I agree. It's that our "It's one of my favorites out of the Dark souls / Bloodborne universe." I guess I'm just a lazy gently caress.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Just say Souls game. If people assume you're leaving out Bloodborne then their dumb anyways.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Masocore

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Quest For Glory II posted:

Soultroidbornevania

My 8-bit cover band

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Daikatana clone

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug

axleblaze posted:

Just say Souls game. If people assume you're leaving out Bloodborne then their dumb anyways.

Yeah this

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Instant Sunrise posted:

all fps's being called "doom clones"

I prefer Doomkiller

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Bloodsouls

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I want to try Dark Souls 3 out before buying it, just to make absolutely sure that my computer can run it above, say, ten frames per second, but I guess people don't make demos anymore

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i like when a game is called a metroidvania and it's not like either game

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Jay Rust posted:

I want to try Dark Souls 3 out before buying it, just to make absolutely sure that my computer can run it above, say, ten frames per second, but I guess people don't make demos anymore

You can refund games on steam if you have under 2 hours played.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The stupid thing is that the Metroid and Castlevania franchise has experimented with different genres and blurred multiple genres together across all of their games. Although I suppose when people say metroidvania they are talking about Super Metroid and Symphony of the Night.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug

I said come in! posted:

The stupid thing is that the Metroid and Castlevania franchise has experimented with different genres and blurred multiple genres together across all of their games. Although I suppose when people say metroidvania they are talking about Super Metroid and Symphony of the Night.

The first metroidvania was castlevania 2: Simons quest

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
What is a metroidvania? A miserable pile of secrets.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I said come in! posted:

the game I'm thinking about is Apotheon which has nothing in common with any Metroid OR Castlevania installment

i'm also playing Outland and it barely qualifies because you do get abilities to access new areas but for the most part it's a linear level-based affair

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
"Roguelike" is another term that's been thrown around so long it's basically lost all meaning

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
My favorite metroidvania is Castlevania: Judgement.

Just kidding, I don't like the phrase and find it inferior to "Action Adventure" or "Action RPG," which, incidentally, are better descriptors for Super Metroid and Castlevania: SotN.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

LawfulWaffle posted:

Just kidding, I don't like the phrase and find it inferior to "Action Adventure" or "Action RPG," which, incidentally, are better descriptors for Super Metroid and Castlevania: SotN.
Pretty much. The term 'metroidvania' falls apart when you realize that term also describes Zelda games

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

theultimo posted:

Nah, it's the first souls game.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Demon's Souls was my favorite RPG from PlayStation 3. I wish I could play that again but on PC. Sony owns the rights to the title forever tho.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug

I said come in! posted:

Demon's Souls was my favorite RPG from PlayStation 3. I wish I could play that again but on PC. Sony owns the rights to the title forever tho.

I bought the Asian version and still is my favorite.

However the best Zelda is gunple: gun mans proof

http://youtu.be/EFddznBXLe8

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Andrast posted:

You can refund games on steam if you have under 2 hours played.

Ah thanks, didn't know that :)

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I think No Man's Sky may be the first game I've gotten completely sick of before it even comes out. Not counting Early Access.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

PantsBandit posted:

I think No Man's Sky may be the first game I've gotten completely sick of before it even comes out. Not counting Early Access.

That's a little unfair. The devs have barely talked about the game. Everything comes from gamers and their crazy speculation and need to talk about it nonstop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

theultimo posted:

Actually it was Legacy of the Wizard but legacyofthewizardlike is a mouthful

• Locked thread