Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Armyman25 posted:

So to recap, her and her merry gang of idiots intentionally put classified information on a non-governmental server that was stored in her private residence. They also sent this information to/from private Blackberries, including while they were in foreign countries (because if there's one thing that's absolutely secure, its the wireless network in a foreign country). They got the classified information out into the unclass realm by pulling up classified documents on one SIPR or JWICS terminal and then typing the information onto an unclassified terminal, intentionally leaving out any classification markings that were present on the original document in an attempt to hide the fact that it was classified; this was done in at least once instance at the direct behest of Clinton. This classified information included, among other things, information from multiple IC SAPs as well as information that was protected by HCS (i.e., stuff that had the potential to put HUMINT sources at risk.

Do you have a chart to clarify things here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land

Evil Fluffy posted:

I hope he drops spoilers mid-conversation with the GOP leadership.

I don't think he would make it 7 and a half years through his presidency only to then guarantee an assassination attempt in the last 6 months.

Person Dyslexic
Jul 23, 2007

A Winner is Jew posted:

Also, if he makes it to the convention he can and there is a possibility he will sell the nomination back to the GOP.

I mean yeah that's technically extortion... but I mean if that was brought to trial would I personally vote to convict?

Could he actually do this? If yes then that actually sounds like the most plausible option. Trump's ego his huge, but his greed seems to be all-consuming. Why take a job he is guaranteed to lose at when he could instead get filthy rich off of it without losing any face?

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Person Dyslexic posted:

Could he actually do this? If yes then that actually sounds like the most plausible option. Trump's ego his huge, but his greed seems to be all-consuming. Why take a job he is guaranteed to lose at when he could instead get filthy rich off of it without losing any face?

I mean normally I wouldn't believe someone would do this, but we're talking about Trump so it's not really a bad idea to take the most ridiculous possibility and run with it.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

zoux posted:

Can I apply for a waiver to post goatse itt?

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

smg77 posted:

Can I apply for a waiver to post goatse itt?

I was thinking "reverse vampires" but I like yours better.

Family Values
Jun 26, 2007

Armyman25 posted:

So to recap, her and her merry gang of idiots intentionally put classified information on a non-governmental server that was stored in her private residence. They also sent this information to/from private Blackberries, including while they were in foreign countries (because if there's one thing that's absolutely secure, its the wireless network in a foreign country). They got the classified information out into the unclass realm by pulling up classified documents on one SIPR or JWICS terminal and then typing the information onto an unclassified terminal, intentionally leaving out any classification markings that were present on the original document in an attempt to hide the fact that it was classified; this was done in at least once instance at the direct behest of Clinton. This classified information included, among other things, information from multiple IC SAPs as well as information that was protected by HCS (i.e., stuff that had the potential to put HUMINT sources at risk.

I've only paid passing attention to the email thing, and I'm certainly no fan of the Clintons, but if there's one thing I know it's that when it comes to the Clintons, where there's smoke - even billowing, 3 alarm amounts of smoke - there isn't necessarily fire; it's more likely chaff being thrown in the air by the career Clinton smearers. 8 loving years of the kind of poo poo you posted above and literally nothing ever found to be illegal except perjury about a consensual affair. Don't mind of I don't hold my breath until there's some actual evidence and some actual charges are filed.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/TexasTribune/status/719582074512879616

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Wait, the SEC is doing something? I thought that was against its religion

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

"Wow, Obama really must have it our for our Hero!"

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

It's a civil suit, by the way.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Trabisnikof posted:

"Wow, Obama really must have it our for our Hero!"

Where's the charges against Shillary Obummer? :freep:

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Armyman25 posted:

The government got hacked but Hillary didn't, looks like she took actual initiative to keep classified information safe, ha ha.

Lemming fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Apr 11, 2016

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Gyges posted:

There's an old saying in Alberta — I know it's in Texas, probably in Alberta — that says, dunk on me once, shame on — shame on you. Dunk on me — you can't get dunked on again.

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band

Family Values posted:

I've only paid passing attention to the email thing, and I'm certainly no fan of the Clintons, but if there's one thing I know it's that when it comes to the Clintons, where there's smoke - even billowing, 3 alarm amounts of smoke - there isn't necessarily fire; it's more likely chaff being thrown in the air by the career Clinton smearers. 8 loving years of the kind of poo poo you posted above and literally nothing ever found to be illegal except perjury about a consensual affair. Don't mind of I don't hold my breath until there's some actual evidence and some actual charges are filed.

My favorite part of that was where each Speaker pushing for impeachment over an affair was, at the time, cheating on his wife. Except for the serial pedophile.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Ceiling fan posted:

My favorite part of that was where each Speaker pushing for impeachment over an affair was, at the time, cheating on his wife. Except for the serial pedophile.

To be fair to them, it wasn't the affair that Clinton got in trouble for, it was lying under oath about it. The fact that he was easily the most investigated president in history made their job of getting him to lie under oath though that much easier.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

A Winner is Jew posted:

To be fair to them, it wasn't the affair that Clinton got in trouble for, it was lying under oath about it. The fact that he was easily the most investigated president in history made their job of getting him to lie under oath though that much easier.

And the lie made them seem like huge dumb babies for caring about.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

zoux posted:

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

haha holy poo poo

https://twitter.com/aurosan/status/719548983161524224

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Yeah when a lame duck president's party wins seats in the final midterm, it probably means the opposing party screwed up big time. The 1998 election being bad news for Republicans was said to be a repudiation of their efforts to bring down Clinton, who was pretty popular at the time.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Lemming posted:

And the lie made them seem like huge dumb babies for caring about.

Ehh, lying under oath is a pretty serious thing. That they only got him to do it for something totally unrelated to what they were investigating him for was what was bullshit.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

jesus loving christ

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

That's loving sick. How do I access the actual image? Clicking that tweet brings up a super-zoomed portion of the image, and clicking that zoom just refreshes the page basically. Is my browser retarded at the twitter?

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

The thing is, that's not even the best thing on that guys twitter.

The best one is a clip of two people dressed as Fin and Poe stopping just before they kiss

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
Comedy, in which Hillary Clinton and deBlasio joke about Colored People time.

Black people. Ha!

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

A Winner is Jew posted:

The thing is, that's not even the best thing on that guys twitter.

The best one is a clip of two people dressed as Fin and Poe stopping just before they kiss

If they don't reveal Poe to be gay, it will have been a huge missed opportunity in a number of ways.

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Didn't Cruz do pretty much the same thing in one of the early primary states? In fact I recall that one was even worse, implying the recipient was in trouble over a "voting violation" or some such nonsense.

When all else fails, scare the living poo poo out of your voter base with misleading threats of legal action.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

mdemone posted:

If they don't reveal Poe to be gay, it will have been a huge missed opportunity in a number of ways.

Hasn't the gay director of the next gay film been tweeting a bunch of gay fanart to troll the turbonerds?

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

Meet the Trump Bros
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/meet-the-trump-bros/?linkId=23326658

quote:

"Misogyny was an issue about maybe 60, 80 years ago,"

"There is a sentiment among frat guys, lacrosse players and middle class affluent white kids that they are kind of getting persecuted lately," Portnoy told CBS News.

"You tell a joke it gets blown out of proportion. You gotta walk on eggshells. There's kind of that feeling, and Trump, he tells a joke and doesn't back down.
He says things that would normally been frowned upon. At a school, a kid would get expelled. Not that it's right or wrong, but he's sort of defending a lot of the things they've been attacked for in the last five years or so."

"It's an F-U to society, who is telling us we are a bad guy because we like hooking up with girls on spring break," he added. "And they see Trump sticking up for that."

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Shbobdb posted:

Hasn't the gay director of the next gay film been tweeting a bunch of gay fanart to troll the turbonerds?

Had to quote this to make sure there wasn't a new word filter.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

MacheteZombie posted:

Had to quote this to make sure there wasn't a new word filter.

You know, you can quote it and then not hit post.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

silvergoose posted:

Oh word? Is that how this posting thing works?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Family Values posted:

Pretty sure Bill didn't technically perjure himself due to the highly specific definition of intercourse his lawyers pushed through. :v:

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land

silvergoose posted:

Did you know that clicking here will make all of your wildest dreams come true?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

zoux posted:

Its Armyman25.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Pretty sure Bill didn't technically perjure himself due to the highly specific definition of intercourse his lawyers pushed through. :v:

Also doesn't perjury require lying under oath about the facts of the case?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Spotify asked members of Congress to create playlists and they are all awful.

They go from one genre to the next in a sad attempt to please everyone, they all seem to put a song from Hamilton on them, and a disturbing number of fifty year old dudes listen to Katy Perry and Taylor Swift.

Credit to Senator Mike Lee for just listing Zeppelin, Rush, and U2, which I have no trouble believing is a real Mike Lee playlist.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
"Interns create modern music playlist for old white men"

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Rhesus Pieces posted:

Didn't Cruz do pretty much the same thing in one of the early primary states? In fact I recall that one was even worse, implying the recipient was in trouble over a "voting violation" or some such nonsense.

When all else fails, scare the living poo poo out of your voter base with misleading threats of legal action.

Yes he did in Iowa and I still have it in my Cruz keepsake box. It is a time honored tradition to shame your base into supporting you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

MacheteZombie posted:

"Interns create modern music playlist for old white men"

There is literally a Veep episode with this

• Locked thread