Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.

FishBulb posted:

Corn Love

I'm so used to corn love that it seems weird when I don't hear smooth jazz after turning on my ps4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

Some say she was raised by sentient birds, and that test subjects replicating her equipment were horribly broken.

All we know is she's called
The Hunter

Gann Jerrod posted:

I'm so used to corn love that it seems weird when I don't hear smooth jazz after turning on my ps4.

But I could have sworn that Corn Love Forever has Smooth Jazz too.

Unless...you don't have Corn Love Forever.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Weavered posted:

Looking for recommendations people! After the best couch coop game for the PS4, ideally a platformer but anything's good.

Only caveat is that it can't be Rocket League as my PSN has lapsed and I'm not looking to renew so can't buy it. :(

Rocket League online with friends in the same room is the most fun I've had with a PS4 to be honest. Does it have to be coop or just same console multiplayer?

PS+ free games selection is actually very good for these in general though:

Towerfall (The VS is very fun too)
Broforce
Helldivers

Anyone who complains about PS+ free games, get some friends around a PS4 and suddenly be thankful you downloaded a bunch of multiplayer games you can try out together.

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Broforce
Helldivers

Both of these are a ton of laughs, though the constant freezing in Broforce can be a little annoying (or add to the laughs). Happens at the beginning of every mission and occasionally during a mission.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

MisterAlex posted:

Both of these are a ton of laughs, though the constant freezing in Broforce can be a little annoying (or add to the laughs). Happens at the beginning of every mission and occasionally during a mission.

Didn't they fix that in the last patch or is it not actually fixed yet?

If it's still there, if you pause the game and wait two seconds, it makes trhe freeze not happen. People were saying ten seconds but I found that if you pause, wait a beat, and unpause it works just as well. Still dumb but it gets around it if it's still there.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

MisterAlex posted:

They fixed that in a patch, although it added some longer load times.
e: beaten

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Real hurthling! posted:

housemarque's new game, follow up to resogun, its if xcom was a 4 player co-op twin stick (local and online coop) with also invasion of other online players like in souls.

housemarque is known for their insane use of lighting and particle effects, great arcade gameplay, and amazing post launch support and expansions.

here's the trailer before this post gets more gushing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DX1RFO0Aa5s

I wasn't interested in this at all assuming it was another lovely TSS and now I am, thanks. The problem is Dark Souls 3 will consume all of my time forever.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe

Weavered posted:

Looking for recommendations people! After the best couch coop game for the PS4, ideally a platformer but anything's good.

Only caveat is that it can't be Rocket League as my PSN has lapsed and I'm not looking to renew so can't buy it. :(

N++ is good for this.

Suicide Pacmen
Mar 26, 2002

Rabbit season!

Katana Gomai posted:

I got a hankering for more Picross games since I got the 3DS Zelda Picross and checked to see if there are any on Vita. There is one, but for some reason Sketchcross is not available on the EU PSN. What the hell

consider it a bullet dodged

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Well Zombi sure got boring fast.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

RBA Starblade posted:

Well Zombi sure got boring fast.

Yeah it turns samey really fast. I'm guessing you finished the palace? That's about where I started feeling fatigue.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Ineffiable posted:

Yeah it turns samey really fast. I'm guessing you finished the palace? That's about where I started feeling fatigue.

I just got there and realized the guns were useless in the face of heading to the nearest doorway and swinging the cricket bat every now and then. It goes through enemies so it hits entire crowds to the floor at once. It has a neat idea at least.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.
Dark Souls 3 doesn't have a purchase option on PSN. Guess this isn't a game that unlocks for purchase at midnight?

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Hamsterlady posted:

Dark Souls 3 doesn't have a purchase option on PSN. Guess this isn't a game that unlocks for purchase at midnight?
It is, but they tend to take their sweet time in swapping out the preorder entry for the release store option. I purchased a preorder copy 5 hours ago or so just fine.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

gibbed posted:

It is, but they tend to take their sweet time in swapping out the preorder entry for the release store option. I purchased a preorder copy 5 hours ago or so just fine.

yeah i preordered this morning and it downloaded and unlocked just fine

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.
It's up now, yeah.

Sadly, I forgot that the PSN doesn't recognize my credit card number as a valid credit card, so I guess I can't give them money. Oh well.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Hamsterlady posted:

It's up now, yeah.

Sadly, I forgot that the PSN doesn't recognize my credit card number as a valid credit card, so I guess I can't give them money. Oh well.
Yeah, I gave up on credit cards with them and linked up PayPal instead. If you got an error today though you're gonna be locked out for a few days even if you removed the card right now and added PayPal. The system really is terrible

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

CrashCat posted:

Yeah, I gave up on credit cards with them and linked up PayPal instead. If you got an error today though you're gonna be locked out for a few days even if you removed the card right now and added PayPal. The system really is terrible

That explains why my attempt to pay with Paypal didn't work. I'll just go by walmart after work tomorrow.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

i just use prepaid cards since psn got hacked on ps3 back in the day

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Hamsterlady posted:

That explains why my attempt to pay with Paypal didn't work. I'll just go by walmart after work tomorrow.
You can also get a PSN money code off of Amazon basically instantly

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Paypal works then? I'm kind of tired of buying $20 cards for $12-$15 games.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

KingShiro posted:

Yeah, I've had PayPal linked to it for about a year now after my PS+ re-sub got rejected on my card. Works just fine.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

KingShiro posted:

It has a higher success rate, definitely, and generally if it's not working that means their backend is hosed, not a problem with your account.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I didn't think Defiance sitll existed, but here's a $90 dollar DLC pack I guess?

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/addons/defiance-apex-arkhunter-bundle/cid=UP2025-BLUS30936_00-DEFIANCEARKPACKA

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Heh, was this theme maybe supposed to be tied to a purchase rather than priced at one cent?
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...LACKOPS3PAK2THM

Edit: Yeah, I guess it was a mistake.

quote:

Preorder DLC 2: Eclipse or purchase the Black Ops III Season Pass to receive the exclusive PS4™ DLC 2 Eclipse Dynamic System Theme
Also, when I went to check out with it in my cart, it was free. I wasn't charged the 1 cent.

Edit2: They fixed it.

MisterAlex fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Apr 12, 2016

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

univbee posted:

It has a higher success rate, definitely, and generally if it's not working that means their backend is hosed, not a problem with your account.

If paypal and cc both dont work, check your account info. Sometimes it deletes your billing address in there for no reason. Happened to me recently

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy

What a terrible game this was. I'm also surprised it's still going.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

Is Lego Harry Potter 1-4 disc only? I can't seem to find it on the web store.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Ignis posted:

Is Lego Harry Potter 1-4 disc only? I can't seem to find it on the web store.

I believe so. I've never seen it on sale on PSN.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Defiance went F2P on PC nearly a year ago. Did it not on consoles?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

that says it has a 60 day patron pass so its probably f2p with a monthly payment option for more crap

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
i know the first few lego games on vita were bullshit is that still true

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

afaik that still holds true for all games except Lego Avengers. They actually tried to make it as close as humanly possible to the console games, it's the first Lego handheld with an open world hub on both 3ds and Vita.

Granted, there's a lot of fog, not all the hubs are present, and the missions aren't 1:1, but it's not the isometric ventures they made for previous games.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

PSA: I just logged into remote play from a computer to test it out and it connected to me to my default PS4 on my PSN account...which apparently was in Russian and located in Russia. I've been hacked somehow. At any rate, they deactivated all on my PSN account and set their machine as the primary. Apparently that option through the web page can only be used once every 6 months. I have zero recourse to deactivate theirs EXCEPT that I can email Sony through a form on their site and hope and pray that they deactivate all the consoles. Other people might want to check and make sure this isn't happening to them. Luckily they hadn't purchased any games from my account.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

housefly posted:

PSA: I just logged into remote play from a computer to test it out and it connected to me to my default PS4 on my PSN account...which apparently was in Russian and located in Russia. I've been hacked somehow. At any rate, they deactivated all on my PSN account and set their machine as the primary. Apparently that option through the web page can only be used once every 6 months. I have zero recourse to deactivate theirs EXCEPT that I can email Sony through a form on their site and hope and pray that they deactivate all the consoles. Other people might want to check and make sure this isn't happening to them. Luckily they hadn't purchased any games from my account.

This isn't actually the first I've heard of this happening to other people since the release of the remote play capability for PC. While not a 100% confirmation, I have a strong suspicion that there's some exploit related with the functionality that is already out there in the hands of PSN/Steam account sellers.

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

housefly posted:

That's interesting. I noticed the Windows Remote Play app uses IE for its login rather than rolling a new login form; I wonder if it's using SSL for that or if it's transmitting in the clear. I would hope the former.

In any case, you should obviously change your account password (and email if you can swing it). And wouldn't that lock them out of your PSN stuff since it'd require them to re-login again?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Saoshyant posted:

This isn't actually the first I've heard of this happening to other people since the release of the remote play capability for PC. While not a 100% confirmation, I have a strong suspicion that there's some exploit related with the functionality that is already out there in the hands of PSN/Steam account sellers.

Sony is long, long overdue to get 2FA happening. Hell, they should at the very least require it for the web-based "deactivate all consoles" command.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

MisterAlex posted:

That's interesting. I noticed the Windows Remote Play app uses IE for its login rather than rolling a new login form; I wonder if it's using SSL for that or if it's transmitting in the clear. I would hope the former.

In any case, you should obviously change your account password (and email if you can swing it). And wouldn't that lock them out of your PSN stuff since it'd require them to re-login again?

I don't think it logs them out. When I changed my password it didn't log me out of my console.

FWIW I filled out that form and then decided to call them about this. Their support basically said "welp you've already filled out the form so there's nothing we can do! Wait 24 hours for a response to that and then call back if they deny the deactivation!"

Also, this was my very first time connecting from a computer (a Mac, for reference) and I was about 10 feet away from the console. When it showed everything in Cyrillic alphabet I knew something was wrong. When I logged into my account via the web and it said I'd done a deactivate all recently, I knew something was very wrong. It just sucks that there's no way of getting this resolved without Sony support, who seem to just shrug and say "oh well!"

I did ask them if they are liable for all purchases made under my compromised account during the 24 hour period. He claims they can't buy anything, but I call bullshit on that. Maybe since I changed my password this won't be possible. Regardless, I've removed my cc and definitely won't be adding it back ever.

This isn't instilling a lot of confidence that they have their poo poo together these days.

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

housefly posted:

this was my very first time connecting from a computer (a Mac, for reference) and I was about 10 feet away from the console. When it showed everything in Cyrillic alphabet I knew something was wrong.
Hmm, if it was the very first time using the Remote Play desktop application, I have a hard time looking to it as the point of fault. Do you use the same login credentials (email and password combination) for any other site logins? If so, you can check to see if your email address was among those in any of the known major hack dumps. A lot of times hackers throw those at all kinds of site logins (games, banks, shopping, etc.) to see what sticks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

MisterAlex posted:

Hmm, if it was the very first time using the Remote Play desktop application, I have a hard time looking to it as the point of fault. Do you use the same login credentials (email and password combination) for any other site logins? If so, you can check to see if your email address was among those in any of the known major hack dumps. A lot of times hackers throw those at all kinds of site logins (games, banks, shopping, etc.) to see what sticks.

To be clear, I'm not pointing to Remote Play being at fault for the breach. It just revealed that my account was otherwise hacked and the primary had been set to another system. They got my info somehow. I've done all the password changes, etc, so I'm not going to dwell on that. That part is rectified. I'm just letting people here know HOW I found out about it so they can do the same and make sure they haven't been hacked. Doing some Google searches this appears to be happening and discovered by a fair number of other players since they activated Remote Play for PCs and Macs.

• Locked thread