Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
<Budgie> oh, goddess unleashed recipe
<Budgie> https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/4eac65/she_is_unleashed/
<Budgie> Level + Quality = 33
<Budgie> lol that is some bullshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

That's a really lovely sword.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

I recorded a video of me doing normal Atziri on my EQ Juggernaut. I kill her without any deaths while standing in all the poo poo. I laugh at all you puny Champion EQ players.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6quG95XlUo

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

soscannonballs posted:

I recorded a video of me doing normal Atziri on my EQ Juggernaut. I kill her without any deaths while standing in all the poo poo. I laugh at all you puny Champion EQ players.

1. noice
2. extra noice re: music

J
Jun 10, 2001

soscannonballs posted:

11 endurance charges :eyepop:

nearly killed em!
Aug 5, 2011

Firos posted:

That's a really lovely sword.

it really is. I have no idea why you'd take a 6L Exquisite Blade and turn it into this.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

bakka bakka posted:

it really is. I have no idea why you'd take a 6L Exquisite Blade and turn it into this.
Really expensive skin. That you can't put on anything good either?

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

At least it's a guaranteed 6-link, but one that costs a 6-link, 3 divines, and 3 >13% gems? Why would anyone ever do this recipe except to complete a collection or for a skin transfer?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Moddington posted:

At least it's a guaranteed 6-link, but one that costs a 6-link, 3 divines, and 3 >13% gems? Why would anyone ever do this recipe except to complete a collection or for a skin transfer?

because they like the sword?

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

Kild posted:

because they like the sword?

Wasn't it designed by some dude who has literally never had a character above level 70 or something and designs bad uniques on purpose?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Safari Disco Lion posted:

Wasn't it designed by some dude who has literally never had a character above level 70 or something and designs bad uniques on purpose?

he doesn't design them to be bad he just doesn't design them to be skyforth.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
I'm working on making a Reave Shadow built for all crits all the time. Which will get me more damage in the long run: Herald of Ice + Hatred, or Herald of Ice + Haste? I guess Hatred + Haste is also a possibility but I think it'd run into mana problems. Nevermind, Hatred + Haste is 100% reserved, so I can't sustain that in early leveling.

TheOneAndOnlyT fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Apr 11, 2016

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

I'm working on making a Reave Shadow built for all crits all the time. Which will get me more damage in the long run: Herald of Ice + Hatred, or Herald of Ice + Haste? I guess Hatred + Haste is also a possibility but I think it'd run into mana problems. Nevermind, Hatred + Haste is 100% reserved, so I can't sustain that in early leveling.

hatred

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Hatred + Haste is 100% reserved, so I can't sustain that in early leveling.

three elreon jewlery :eng101:

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

The Real Foogla posted:

three elreon jewlery :eng101:

Will do absolutely nothing for reducing mana reservation.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

whypick1 posted:

Will do absolutely nothing for reducing mana reservation.

but it'll make your skills cost 0 mana you dorkus

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Touche

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

I'm trying something really dumb cause I wasn't really enjoying farming maps with a 0.95 attack time Earthquake.

Behold, AggressivelyBadBuild, the Voltaxic Rift Cast on Crit Poison Assassin. Planned final skill tree here.

Notes:
-Apparently with how much spell vomit I produce, I can sustain 7 power charges just fine with only Assassin's 10% chance to get a Power Charge on non-crit. I have just under 80% chance to crit with Barrage when full on charges.
-The tree needs to get Strength on gear to use a leveled up Warlord's Mark and leveled up Increased Duration, and is barely at the Dex requirement to wear Voltaxic.
-On going down to Heart of Oak: It's a 5 point path for the following: 8% life, 1% life regen, and 20% projectile speed/15% projectile damage. However, if I dropped it, I would have to pick up one of the Shadow area dex starting nodes, because I need the dex node in that path for Volley Fire. I think those stats are worth 4 points.
-Poison vs not Poison: I have no idea if this is good but it seems like it'd be good. I have 110% chaos damage before jewels for double dipping and Ball Lightning and Spark both double dip on any projectile damage I get.
-Arc vs damage support (Void Manip or something): Arc isn't a projectile so I'm not getting bonuses for projectile damage on it. This was worse when I was planning on getting Ranger Proj Damage start nodes. I honestly don't know how best to optimize the last socket, as using a 3rd spell instead of another support keeps my mana cost for Barrage at 5 with a -8 mana Ring, and any more might be hard to sustain.
-Frenzy charges: I honestly think the only way this will ever work is with Blood Dance, as my life regen is way too low to use Blood Rage. But I don't really want to give up a boot slot for 3 Frenzy charges either, so maybe I just won't have Frenzy charges/manually Frenzy for them. I DO have a free 5 link on the bow I'm not really using for anything, Frenzy - GMP - Curse on Hit - Warmark - Faster Attacks/Chain could be an option.
-Balancing life and damage is hard. It's rough traveling through Witch area with very minimal useful nodes, but still needing to because of the Power Charge. This build probably sucks because no Acro and much lower %increased damage than normal CoC builds, but there's a floor on how terrible it can be because it's CoC Barrage with a Voltaxic Rift.
-Curses/Mana Reservation: Wrath seems like the only great aura, so I use Wrath + Blasphemy Warmark. Because I do all chaos damage, Warmark isn't really that necessary for reflect or anything, but it still helps with life sustain. I think it might be best to use Blasphemy Enfeeble with a Curse on Hit for Warmark, though I'm not sure how much I'd actually be leeching from it at that point. I run lvl 1 Clarity but it doesn't really do anything.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Kild posted:

I mean, the Goddess swords aren't even as good as equal level rares, and this last one will literally be outclassed by a properly rolled blue 2h, so.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

I mean, the Goddess swords aren't even as good as equal level rares, and this last one will literally be outclassed by a properly rolled blue 2h, so.

I would like to see a level 7 rare with 75 DPS.

e: Or a 130 dps level 28 rare with 10% crit.

Kild fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Apr 11, 2016

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

Kild posted:

If it's going to have roughly an exalt baked into the price, it should probably be worth more than vendor trash rares. Note that "her blessing" is a 33% of life+ES/second fire degen, even though the tooltip doesn't say this. Plus the vendor recipe gives it to you unid'd, and the rolls can go stupidly low (base damage can be as low as 35 to 38, added as low as 3 to 6), so you might even have to spend more blesseds/divines on top of it all. Hell, the wording even makes it sound like the extra fire damage is local and doesn't scale with passives, skills, or equipment!

Kild posted:

I would like to see a level 7 rare with 75 DPS.

e: Or a 130 dps level 28 rare with 10% crit.

How about a 108 dps level 51 rare to outclass this 2-3ex unique?

Telarra fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Apr 11, 2016

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Moddington posted:

How about a 108 dps level 51 rare to outclass this 2-3ex unique?

Uh. First off its 230 dps at the top end and scales twice with each added phys damage.

Secondly who cares? 2ex is nothing. If you don't like the sword don't use it or make it.

Finally how about this vagan dagger to outclass mjo? haha remember that 15ex item?

nearly killed em!
Aug 5, 2011

it's not that you're wrong about the goddess weapons' stats, it's that it's far easier to get anything else that will do a comparable job without a drawback. i don't think anyone is upset that they're going to have to make this sword or are even upset at all. we're discussing a bad unique that had a lovely riddle that took 5 months to solve and is ridiculously expensive for what it does. the designer is also a hilarious idiot with far more money than sense and we're going to laugh at that. i would like to know why you're so defensive about this though.

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

Kild posted:

scales twice with each added phys damage.

How do you figure? If you mean the extra fire damage, it's local (or the tooltip has weird, nonstandard wording for no goddamn reason) and therefore doesn't scale with added physical.

Kild posted:

If you don't like the sword don't use it or make it.

That's the point. No one will use it or make it. This is a particularly poor instance of "if you don't like it don't ___ it".

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

bakka bakka posted:

it's not that you're wrong about the goddess weapons' stats, it's that it's far easier to get anything else that will do a comparable job without a drawback. i don't think anyone is upset that they're going to have to make this sword or are even upset at all. we're discussing a bad unique that had a lovely riddle that took 5 months to solve and is ridiculously expensive for what it does. the designer is also a hilarious idiot with far more money than sense and we're going to laugh at that. i would like to know why you're so defensive about this though.

:jerkbag:

guy says some poo poo that's blatantly wrong and gets corrected and I get this and a guy talking about the sword I didn't mention.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Moddington posted:

How do you figure? If you mean the extra fire damage, it's local (or the tooltip has weird, nonstandard wording for no goddamn reason) and therefore doesn't scale with added physical.

You might be right. If thats the case its far shittier than I thought.

e: Checking the thread on the poe forums some guy said it works

quote:

I can confirm that the tooltip fire damage increases with flat phys damage on items like rings, amulets, Abyssus and belts.

Kild fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Apr 11, 2016

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

hatred + vaal haste?

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Kild posted:

:jerkbag:

guy says some poo poo that's blatantly wrong and gets corrected and I get this and a guy talking about the sword I didn't mention.

The Goddess weapons are bad and no matter how much you defend them they're still bad. Objectively, completely bad. Also, it took me 15 seconds to find a level 9 rare 2h sword on POE trade with 85 dps, and a 250 dps level 28 rare 2h sword.

Safari Disco Lion fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Apr 11, 2016

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Kild posted:

You might be right. If thats the case its far shittier than I thought.

e: Checking the thread on the poe forums some guy said it works

that makes sense since flat phys is essentially added to the damage of the weapon before modifiers. i think he was saying that the added fire is not affected by % based modifiers though. which blows.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

The Goddess weapons are bad and no matter how much you defend them they're still bad. Objectively, completely bad. Also, it took me 15 seconds to find a level 9 rare 2h sword on POE trade with 85 dps, and a 250 dps level 28 rare 2h sword.

Yes and compared to the weapon from the guy who hasn't been online in 3 weeks the sword is way easier to come by. There's no 250 dps level 28 rare 2h sword with 10% crit buddy.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Kild posted:

Yes and compared to the weapon from the guy who hasn't been online in 3 weeks the sword is way easier to come by. There's no 250 dps level 28 rare 2h sword with 10% crit buddy.

1 alt for a Stormheart staff with 210-230 dps. Dozens of them online right now. And do you realize how stupid you sound throwing around "10% crit" like it means anything at level 28? My point was that it's not hard at all to craft (if for some reason you wanted to waste mats at that low of a level) or just randomly find weapons almost twice as good as the Goddess swords. Having uniques in the game mostly for flavor is fine, but stop trying to convince yourself they're in any way good items.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

I'd say I'm level 28 for about...5 minutes

Also geofri's baptism is usable at 27 so I really extra don't care about 10% crit

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

1 alt for a Stormheart staff with 210-230 dps. Dozens of them online right now. And do you realize how stupid you sound throwing around "10% crit" like it means anything at level 28? My point was that it's not hard at all to craft (if for some reason you wanted to waste mats at that low of a level) or just randomly find weapons almost twice as good as the Goddess swords. Having uniques in the game mostly for flavor is fine, but stop trying to convince yourself they're in any way good items.

Do you realize how stupid you are to barely find upgrades/comparable weapons and then say its trivial to find stuff twice as good?

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

This game is hard guys

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Kild posted:

Do you realize how stupid you are to barely find upgrades/comparable weapons and then say its trivial to find stuff twice as good?

Stormheart staff, 215 dps, cheapest one is 1 chance.

Goddess Scorned, 120 dps, 15 chaos for the cheapest one.

You're pretty dense.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

soscannonballs posted:

This game is hard guys

Every part of that picture makes me want to hurt you...and is that the Devoto's with reduced Earthquake duration or was that another goon?

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

whypick1 posted:

Every part of that picture makes me want to hurt you...and is that the Devoto's with reduced Earthquake duration or was that another goon?

No its just a random devoto I bought, and the character in that picture is just an alt ranger.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

soscannonballs posted:

This game is hard guys

:vd:

I've still never had a 6L besides corrupted trash.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

I've never had a non-tabula 6l before this league, but in Perandus I have been able to buy a 6L Marohi, 6L Shavs, and I got that Astral for about 3 ex - got the base from a Dapper Prodigy turn-in, spent about 4 chaos rerolling the stats on it, exalted it at 4 affixes + master craft to get another armour roll, and about 50 chromes to get the colors right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cytoc
Apr 3, 2009

theshim posted:

:vd:

I've still never had a 6L besides corrupted trash.

Each league since their inception, my first character farms the currency to complete the chains that bind; I usually turn it in around level 80. My second character is then built around using that chest.

• Locked thread