Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Groovelord Neato posted:

Ornstein isn't actually in ds1, he's an illusion.

I hope we fight the Old Executioner in 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
So if I'm reading into this right, Bluecops can't help anyone except people with Way Of The Blue equipped? Bluecops can't help fellow players equipped as Bluecops, bluecops can't help people equipped as Sunbros, etc?

RBA Starblade posted:

I hope we fight the Old Executioner in 3.

While I doubt it's in DS3, my half serious half joke hope is still Old Executioner's Chariot. His legs aren't what they used to be.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Section Z posted:

While I doubt it's in DS3, my half serious half joke hope is still Old Executioner's Chariot. His legs aren't what they used to be.

Give it bonewheel-wheels and you have the boss of the century.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
old bed of chaos

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

RBA Starblade posted:

Give it bonewheel-wheels and you have the boss of the century.

On that note, I still maintain that the best possible DLC would be Bonewheel Demolition Derby, and Beast Skeletonwheel truck rally.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Section Z posted:

So if I'm reading into this right, Bluecops can't help anyone except people with Way Of The Blue equipped? Bluecops can't help fellow players equipped as Bluecops, bluecops can't help people equipped as Sunbros, etc?

I asked a similar-ish question about, and it turns out I forgot you can change covenants at any time by changing your rings, so it doesn't matter :thumbsup:

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
I don't want spoilers and I read the early tips in the first post, but is there anything not in the first post that I should know? Kind of like the "what should I know before going into this" thread I guess.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Mortimer posted:

If you're a bluecop and you:
A. Are currently a not-bluecop summon
or
B. Have someone else summoned
or
C. Are fighting a boss

Can you get bluecopped to somewhere else?

I'm planning on helping a friend/getting help so we can steamroll to NG+ and while I would love to police the skies I don't want it to mess up my flow

I can't imagine any of those things would be the case becuase it'd be exceptionally stupid. Can't say for sure, but really doubt it.

Thing is, again, you have a covenant slot. You can freely swap it. If you're ever in a situation where you don't want to be summoned, just take it off! Nothing prevents this at any time. As soon as you want to bluecop again, put it back on! So its completely a non-issue.

You don't have to visit covenant locations to swap covenants.

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
Automatic defense for invasions are only for way of blue, I think. You can still leave your sign to help others

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Man, I didn't realize how excited I was for the people coming in blind. Good on you for lasting these three weeks! Looking forward to some reactions now.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

This thread is moving really fast :woop:

Is there a goon steam group for this? Even if it is for an older dark souls game. The first weeks are gonna be drat fun with lots of goons to jolly cooperate with!

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

ZZZorcerer posted:

Automatic defense for invasions are only for way of blue, I think. You can still leave your sign to help others

That's not the question they're asking.

The question is whether a guardian of blue can co-op with a sunbro, not whether a sunbro gets a blue guardian (obviously not).

I'm not sure, but either way you can always swap your covenant at any time so its completely a non-issue.

DeckardPain
Feb 29, 2016

katkillad2 posted:

I don't want spoilers and I read the early tips in the first post, but is there anything not in the first post that I should know? Kind of like the "what should I know before going into this" thread I guess.

Just make sure you explore everything this time around. Not to say you didn't in previous games, but they like to hide items and things in obscure places.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

net cafe scandal posted:

Petition to change the thread title to something less AIDS.

What you got bitch

b0red
Apr 3, 2013

Zaphod42 posted:

The question is whether a guardian of blue can co-op with a sunbro, not whether a sunbro gets a blue guardian (obviously not).

I'm not sure, but either way you can always swap your covenant at any time so its completely a non-issue.

you don't have to go to the people to swap this time? it's in menus? that'd be nice

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

2 Hours Left, bust out your Majora's Mask music or something.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Genocyber posted:

What you got bitch

Dark Souls III

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

b0red posted:

you don't have to go to the people to swap this time? it's in menus? that'd be nice

Yes you swap covenants at any time from the menu. Its super convenient and hopefully means covenants should be a big deal in DS3 unlike DS2.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

HGH posted:

Man, I didn't realize how excited I was for the people coming in blind. Good on you for lasting these three weeks! Looking forward to some reactions now.

its not good. i am a literal shell of a human being.

good news I will be reborn in just 2 hrs

b0red
Apr 3, 2013

Zaphod42 posted:

Yes you swap covenants at any time from the menu. Its super convenient and hopefully means covenants should be a big deal in DS3 unlike DS2.

holy poo poo. praise the sun!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

net cafe scandal posted:

Dark Souls III

They called the fourth souls game Dark Souls 3.

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

net cafe scandal posted:

Dark Souls III

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

The Walrus posted:

its not good. i am a literal shell of a human being.

good news I will be reborn in just 2 hrs

But before that you must die and be buried.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

a thread full of hollows... it's like I'm in Lothric already

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Genocyber posted:

What you got bitch

3 souls dark

so anyone searching for the dark souls 3 thread won't find it

unrelated; I'm about to order a pizza, what are some good dark souls-y pizza toppings

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

net cafe scandal posted:

Dark Souls III

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

HGH posted:

:3:

I've managed to go mostly blind through the parts of 1 and 2 I've done. Blind ish playthroughs are a goddamn blast.

Mr. Funktastic
Dec 27, 2012

College Slice
Sorry if this has been answered, but did they remove the "lose a bit of max HP after every death" mechanic from DaS2? That part was pretty annoying honestly.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Mortimer posted:

3 souls dark

so anyone searching for the dark souls 3 thread won't find it

unrelated; I'm about to order a pizza, what are some good dark souls-y pizza toppings

Bacon and jalapeno. Zest and a kick in the dick, just like Souls.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Zaphod42 posted:

It was the question I was asking because it sounded pretty limited at first glance :downs: Even with "Well just swap right?" commentary.

Boy, my fellow blue cops sure are going above and beyond helping others... What's that? An active bluecop is being invaded? Sorry, it's against union regulations to help you.

Logically at least, I know it's so Bluecops aren't getting matchmaking across literally every single player their servers can find. Which would be pretty crazy. I was just hoping there would be more spontaneous aid other options.

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
Shamelessly stolen from Reddit

Sng…sng…
Zzzzzz…

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Mr. Funktastic posted:

Sorry if this has been answered, but did they remove the "lose a bit of max HP after every death" mechanic from DaS2? That part was pretty annoying honestly.

You have a 'normal' state and you have a 'embered' state when you use an ember, which works like a humanity in DS1. Being 'embered' gives you a bonus of HP which is equal to the amount of HP you would have lost in DS1 if you were hollowed but kinda reversed to try to be psychologically more appealing. You need to be 'embered' to summon co-op help and be invaded.

You don't lose anything additional from subsequent deaths. well.... maybe there's something else...

Pretty much DS1 rules.

Orv
May 4, 2011
At some point we should probably just be grateful bluecops work at all.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

can't believe it's less than two hours away.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Mr. Funktastic posted:

They did. You no longer lose max HP on death.

b0red
Apr 3, 2013

Since you still have time to make it to the beer store. What is everyone's choice of drink tonight? Got a growler of dead guy ale for such an occasion :cheers:

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Section Z posted:

Boy, my fellow blue cops sure are going above and beyond helping others... What's that? An active bluecop is being invaded? Sorry, it's against union regulations to help you.

Always have a co-op bro with you at all times

how hard is it to always stay embered if you're a mediocre player like myself

Orv posted:

Bacon and jalapeno. Zest and a kick in the dick, just like Souls.

:wow: this is good

b0red posted:

Since you still have time to make it to the beer store. What is everyone's choice of drink tonight? Got a growler of dead guy ale for such an occasion :cheers:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Last_Word_%28cocktail%29

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Mr. Funktastic posted:

It's a bit altered. Basically, assume being human is 100%, dying once sets you to 75% and that's it. But the visual representation of the bar just tacks on an extra section when you're alive.
So, rather than look like "You lost part of your health bar when you died", it's more like "You gain an extra section of health when you're not dying".

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Mortimer posted:

how hard is it to always stay embered if you're a mediocre player like myself

Good number of embers around the game if you die and need to use them, plus I think you can co-op to regain ember-ed state like usual.

Shouldn't be that bad. Worst case do a bunch of co-op if you're noobing it up and dying a lot :cheeky: (DS3 is pretty hard)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

oh does anyone know how rolling/equip load works this time