Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Xoidanor posted:

Both Crow and Jack used zero cards from 5D's right?

Both Jack and Crow either reused or at least showed several 5D's cards, actually. That said, I think what Dexie means is that the focus on Kaito's deck has been completely changed, rather than the cards in it, while Crow still has the exact same focus (Blackfeather) and Jack has only been slightly changed (new Red archetype, but his deck still works the same and still uses Resonators). Kaito has a whole new archetype that works severely differently from "get two 2000 atk monsters, go into Galaxy-Eyes, kill all Xyz".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

Xoidanor posted:

Both Crow and Jack used zero cards from 5D's right?

Crow used a few old school Blackwings like Blizzard and Bora.

As for Kaito, the good thing is that his new ace, if it gets printed unchanged, is straight up new Staple for Rank 8 engines.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Oh did they? I completely forgot.

A new archetype is kinda nice actually since the original photon and galaxy archetypes are all over the place mechanically while the rank 8 Galaxy-Eyes and Tachyon support cards are relatively focused.

MiddleOne fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Apr 10, 2016

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Blaze Dragon posted:

Kaito has a whole new archetype that works severely differently from "get two 2000 atk monsters, go into Galaxy-Eyes, kill all Xyz".

Yeah theres the problem. There isnt much Xyz for Kaito to kill.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.
I'm disappointed nobody has used an exodia/stall/mill deck in the series. Users of said decks should go undefeated.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Slur posted:

I'm disappointed nobody has used an exodia/stall/mill deck in the series. Users of said decks should go undefeated.

GX season 3 had several.

They all lost. Bar like one exception.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Xoidanor posted:

GX season 3 had several.

They all lost. Bar like one exception.

And that is disappointing.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Slur posted:

How could you forget the best mill users ever :Team Unicorn? :shepicide:

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!

Kay Kessler posted:

How could you forget the best mill users ever :Team Unicorn? :shepicide:

END YOUR TURN, JEAN (michel roger)

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Slur posted:

Tokumatsu used a stall deck.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

That guy that ran Great Moth had to have a stall deck.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Dabir posted:

Tokumatsu used a stall deck.

Yeah, but he lost and his burn strategy didn't win him the game. It was kind of lame.

I honestly want to see someone win by annoying stall tactics and be celebrated for it.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Slur posted:

Yeah, but he lost and his burn strategy didn't win him the game. It was kind of lame.

I honestly want to see someone win by annoying stall tactics and be celebrated for it.

They're called annoying for a reason.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Slur posted:

Yes, he lost. He was using a stall deck.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Blaze Dragon posted:

Both Jack and Crow either reused or at least showed several 5D's cards, actually. That said, I think what Dexie means is that the focus on Kaito's deck has been completely changed, rather than the cards in it, while Crow still has the exact same focus (Blackfeather) and Jack has only been slightly changed (new Red archetype, but his deck still works the same and still uses Resonators). Kaito has a whole new archetype that works severely differently from "get two 2000 atk monsters, go into Galaxy-Eyes, kill all Xyz".

Yeah, basically this. He's not using Galaxy or Photon monsters anymore, he's using Cipher monsters. I am a rather large fan of the Galaxy archetype and was really hoping for more support for it. :sigh:

Slur posted:

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ /

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

I'm all for Cipher monsters if they all look as cool and abstract as Cipher Wing does.

They should have had him use an Orbital deck.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Galaxy-Eyes Cipher Dragon fits in the only part of the Galaxy deck that was worth using, the R8 spam. It's extremely loving good there, in fact!

I mean who cares that it's not a Photon, it's like Galaxy-Eyes Prime Photon Dragon on steroids.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Rigged Death Trap posted:

They're called annoying for a reason.

Better annoying than boring attack-mindlessly-to-win tactics.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

'Boring' he says, as he trolls people on Dueling Network with FTK decks. :v:

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Dexie posted:

'Boring' he says, as he trolls people on Dueling Network with FTK decks. :v:

I can't possibly troll Dueling Network.

Konami already did a better job than I ever could.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

They already fixed that issue.

It requires a small workaround but the problem is solved. :3

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
http://morningmoon.tumblr.com/post/142673123756/get-your-game-on

This has been done before, but the new footage brings a chance to grab a lower hanging fruit still :)

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Jumped back into Arc-V at episode 90 and man, Synchro got crazy in its last few episodes.

Considering how the last few episodes of Standard went too, I feel like the best way to experience Arc-V is to watch the beginning and end of each arc and just read summaries for the rest.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

But my favourite stretch of Arc V is still probably the first round of the Maiami championships up until Yuya vs Yuto. Which was just after halfway through.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I just caught up on the show.

I can't believe I got so hyped up I was cheering and freaking out at the appearance of JAEGER.

It was only a year ago I watched 5D's but that was just. I felt this huge rush of nostalgia and fondness for a character who used to freak me out.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

http://morningmoon.tumblr.com/post/142673123756/get-your-game-on

This has been done before, but the new footage brings a chance to grab a lower hanging fruit still :)

This is disgusting and I love it.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Dabir posted:

This is disgusting and I love it.

Overlay get your game on on every scene with academia.

Actually its part of the training.
Play it 24/7 over the intercom to get your student soldiers to be amoral shitholes.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Dexie posted:

They already fixed that issue.

It requires a small workaround but the problem is solved. :3

I'm disgusted.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

TFRazorsaw posted:

I just caught up on the show.

I can't believe I got so hyped up I was cheering and freaking out at the appearance of JAEGER.

It was only a year ago I watched 5D's but that was just. I felt this huge rush of nostalgia and fondness for a character who used to freak me out.

He was eating Red Demon's Ramen, too! Or whatever it was called.

Also, fine wine. :eyepop:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

From the manga tie in to Darkside of Dimensions

So pretty :allears:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Can't link to the page, but there's also a bit where Kaiba has a few hundred children sitting in the floor with eggs on their heads. Kaiba's VR Headset is almost the worst designed one.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://ygorganization.com/v-jump-june-2016-misc-news/#more-15613

EEEEEEDDDDOOOOO :argh:

Oh and Asuka uses rituals this time

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

She did before, Cyber Angels. I can understand if you forgot anything or indeed everything that she used in GX.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Dabir posted:

She did before, Cyber Angels. I can understand if you forgot anything or indeed everything that she used in GX.

Hey her archetype could have been plenty cool.

If it ever got released that is.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

He looks dumb. Being Commander-in-Chief, I can't wait for him to get run into the ground.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

That looks so dumb, but it looks like he at least has a normal-ish gray suit under the robe, i guess teh robe is needed to hide his Ultimate D.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

You know it's D-Time when the robe comes off.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Julias posted:

He looks dumb. Being Commander-in-Chief, I can't wait for him to get run into the ground.

His design reminds me of Alvis from Fire Emblem 4

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I like how hes wearing the robe over his usual grey suit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
He looks like Miles Edgeworth