Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They put a trans character in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Invisble Manuel
Nov 4, 2009
I like the weight of a lot of blankets when I sleep, but now it's warming up and I can't sleep like that until winter returns.

I Am Not Spor
Dec 13, 2006
all the better to glomp you with
e

I Am Not Spor has a new favorite as of 20:13 on Mar 29, 2019

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Fashionable Jorts posted:

I just learned about the new Baldur's Gate controversy and now I'm really loving mad. I'm genuinely upset over how absolutely poo poo people are, even though it's really nothing I should be surprised at.

Your posted prompted me to go looking for the Baldur's Gate controversy, and now I'm really loving mad too :mad:

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Mikl posted:

Your posted prompted me to go looking for the Baldur's Gate controversy, and now I'm really loving mad too :mad:

I'm sorry.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Don't be. People being terrible is nothing new, sadly.

outerpeace
Jan 11, 2005
Let's play a little game I like to call "asking for it"
Staff members at my work keep sending out the wrong information by email, and when I follow up with them, they get all bitchy.

It's my job, man.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I can't find any lyrics sites that have Steven Page's new album and a couple lines that I can't decipher are really negatively impacting my sing-alongs.

Also, why doesn't iTunes give you a little virtual lyrics booklet like hard copy purchases do, come on guys.

BuddyChrist
Apr 29, 2008

Fashionable Jorts posted:

I just learned about the new Baldur's Gate controversy and now I'm really loving mad. I'm genuinely upset over how absolutely poo poo people are, even though it's really nothing I should be surprised at.

As the poet Corey Taylor said... "People = poo poo"

It's my understanding that D&D has long had a gender change spell so really people are pissed of that someone might use the spell because they desire to do so?

Honestly my life is so much better by not paying attention to news or politics. Maybe not in a "larger society" kind of way, but at least in terms of anxiety and anger.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I bought a really nice pair of Bluetooth/Wireless headphones, but I cannot get them to work on my computer (which is the only purpose I have for buying them). Bought a separate BT USB dongle to do so, Windows (7) doesn't have a "bluetooth peripheral device driver", and every google search to try and find one either wants me to download software that won't let me install anything unless I pay 20bux, or pings every "this is not a trustworthy source" alarm I have.

E: yay, got drivers installed, but the Bluetooth window that I'm supposed to click "Listen To Music" on does nothing. I give up. First time I find solidly built on-ear wireless headphones in years, and I have to return them. This sucks :smith:

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 01:22 on Apr 9, 2016

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I can't find any lyrics sites that have Steven Page's new album and a couple lines that I can't decipher are really negatively impacting my sing-alongs.

Also, why doesn't iTunes give you a little virtual lyrics booklet like hard copy purchases do, come on guys.

I'm pretty surprised apple hasn't figured out a way to pop the lyrics into id3 tags or whatever metadata they use now, and have that actually keep pace with the music as it goes. No special formats or anything, just a few hooks in itunes that look for the meta info and some markers to keep it aligned ever 15 seconds or so. Look down at your lock screen to see the previous/current/next line of the song.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?
Android has it as a feature on the visualiser for some songs. Took me by surprise when I swiped over to it by accident.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

bring back old gbs posted:

I'm pretty surprised apple hasn't figured out a way to pop the lyrics into id3 tags or whatever metadata they use now, and have that actually keep pace with the music as it goes. No special formats or anything, just a few hooks in itunes that look for the meta info and some markers to keep it aligned ever 15 seconds or so. Look down at your lock screen to see the previous/current/next line of the song.
Yeah, right? Come on Apple, do us a solid.

Also I have another one, I'm ordering lunch and this place has a "mexi-burger" with guac and onions and salsa and chipotle and queso, which is more or less a list of things Bird likes on her burgers, only I'm not in the mood for a burger at all and so while it sounds delicious I don't want to order it but I'm not seeing much else I want on this menu??

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Because I returned those awesome headphones I mentioned earlier, I had enough cash to buy a new Fitbit. I haven't used the old one I had for years because I kept breaking the belt clip for it and didn't want to do the same for the Fitbit itself.

The FWP comes from logging foods. Sure, if I go to McDonald's I can quickly log the Bad For Me food, but generic stuff? How do I log the pizza from my local theater? The smoothie from the gym? :negative:

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
Complaining about cold again.

I'm at my moms house, which is one of those lovely mass-built houses made out of cardboard, so the walls don't do anything to keep the heat in, AND she has the thermostat set to 70, which actually feels more like 60, and its some fancy thermostat that resets itself constantly so I have to keep walking over there to set it back to 80.

I HATE COLD, WHY don't I live in like, Hawaii or California?

OH and I had to scrape ice off my car, it's goddamn April! loving climate change.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 15:44 on Apr 10, 2016

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I can't sleep :(

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

I had a contribution to post in this thread, but I can't remember it. :saddowns:

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
I'm allergic to avocados :(

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
I put too much milk in my cereal so I had to pour some out :(

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

I'm allergic to avocados :(

This is terrible, I'm very sorry :(

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
The package tracking on some of the stuff I ordered is atrocious. One still says "Arrive at at Processing Center" from last Friday while I actually received the package today. Why can't I have a real-time, cm-level accurate tracking as it would be appropriate for 2016?

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I got caught in a bad hailstorm last Wednesday and I've had a cold for almost a loving week. I had to call in sick at work, which I hate, and now while most symptoms are gone, I'm still a little phlegmy which is just annoying. Also I've had two nosebleeds in the last two days as a result.

On the plus side, my throats cleared up and I'm loving STARVING so my appetite has properly returned. YAY! Luckily for my timing, I've already got my tea in the oven and will be eating in 12 minutes :3:

Also I have a new Umbrella and Tomorrow I'll be picking up Dark Souls 3, so silver linings.

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!
You make your tea in the oven? :confused:

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
My student buddies invited me to an improvised bbq, but I had already had my dinner....

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
I just got a new phone and it has a USB-C connector. Why :smith:

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes

artsy fartsy posted:

How else do you do it?

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

YeahTubaMike posted:

I just got a new phone and it has a USB-C connector. Why :smith:

LG G5? High five frustrated buddy.

Clinton1011
Jul 11, 2007
It came with a converter right? That would be so wrong if they didn't and rendered your old USB cords obsolete.

Sweet As Sin
May 8, 2007

Hee-ho!!!

Grimey Drawer
I injured my clavicule on 2013 and it is hurting now

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

artsy fartsy posted:

I'm English, I meant dinner. Evening meal.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Clinton1011 posted:

It came with a converter right? That would be so wrong if they didn't and rendered your old USB cords obsolete.

Mine didn't. I ordered a couple that took a week to get here from Amazon. They seem to work fine, but don't have the "ultra fast charging" my phone claims is going on when I use the USB-C charger it came with with a super short cord. Supposedly data transfers faster on them too. Plus my G5 is supposed to have all these other hardware accessories hit the market that plug in through that end I guess to add temporary features to the phone, like a better camera or a hi-fi speaker.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
My mom likes to drag out stories and will not get to the loving point.

Also I have been in charge of the daily "safety emails" for two months now. I am sick of it. I keep telling my boss to give the task to someone else and he shrugs it off. To add to it, every time a new person is hired they need to be on the list, but we have 2 or 4 D Harveys and every one needs their own email (which is your name) so every one has some stupid mark in the center. So there's a D_harvey, a d____harvey, a D Harvey, etc. Outlook keeps showing them as errors so I have to manually type them up every loving time. I think tomorrow i'll email the group en masse and tell them it's someone else's turn so have fun!

Cowslips Warren has a new favorite as of 00:41 on Apr 12, 2016

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I don't know if this really counts as a first world problem, but I'm really annoyed at deceptive pricing schemes on poo poo.

I've kinda been considering getting a gym membership lately, since I miss having one and the last one I had was a bit too pricey for what I used it for. Planet Fitness is cheap, only 10 bucks a month. Great, right?

Sure, it's 10 bucks a month, but they don't tell you about the 40 bucks a year as well. Oh, and they only take checking accounts for everything, not a credit or debit card.

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!

BioEnchanted posted:

I'm English, I meant dinner. Evening meal.

Oh I get it, it's like when I say I'm making coffee but I actually have diarrhea

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Choco1980 posted:

LG G5? High five frustrated buddy.

Nope, Lumia 950. Windows Phone 4 lyfe :buddy:

Clinton1011 posted:

No, but it at least came with a charger and a cord. My friend recently got a phone and his didn't even come with a cord.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist

MisterBibs posted:

I don't know if this really counts as a first world problem, but I'm really annoyed at deceptive pricing schemes on poo poo.

I've kinda been considering getting a gym membership lately, since I miss having one and the last one I had was a bit too pricey for what I used it for. Planet Fitness is cheap, only 10 bucks a month. Great, right?

Sure, it's 10 bucks a month, but they don't tell you about the 40 bucks a year as well. Oh, and they only take checking accounts for everything, not a credit or debit card.

They probably only take checking accounts because, as I've found first hand, by far the easiest way of getting out of a gym membership is to just cancel the card that they're charging.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Choco1980 posted:

They seem to work fine, but don't have the "ultra fast charging" my phone claims is going on when I use the USB-C charger it came with with a super short cord. Supposedly data transfers faster on them too.

I think this is a USB 3 thing, so it'll only work if your computer has USB 3 ports, which are the blue ones.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Monday_ posted:

They probably only take checking accounts because, as I've found first hand, by far the easiest way of getting out of a gym membership is to just cancel the card that they're charging.

Yeah, but that kinda stuff happens because everyone and their mother has heard a story of Gym X forgetting that someone cancelled a membership, extra fees for quitting, etc.

Related to my last post, my current FWP is that I can't decide what gym membership I want to settle on. There's a dirt cheap one right by my apartment with what little I need, but the tour of it just made the place look and feel kinda gross. There's one that's more expensive, but the place looks a lot more kept up, with machinery that looks better/cleaner.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Someone accidentally set their phone to forward their calls to my number today, and so I've been getting phoned all day by idiots who can't understand that phoning the same number twice in a row will get you the same person both times. One particularly persistent idiot's got a private number so I can't even block him. And almost none of them are even polite about it. What makes people think it's OK to respond to "Sorry, I think you have the wrong number" by just hanging up? Or respond to hearing an unexpected voice answer the phone by just hanging up? Are you children? Also, I've lost count of how many conversations today have started:

:) Hello.
:downs: Hello.
:) Yes? Hello?
:downs: Who is this?

You'd think they'd never used a telephone before. You called me, idiot, tell me who you're looking for. And when it turns out that you've called the wrong person, apologise, and then don't immediately call back. Also don't call back an hour later. Or an hour after that. And don't complain to me that your friend's redirected her phone to my number. Believe me, if there were anything I could do about it, I'd have done it.

outerpeace
Jan 11, 2005
Let's play a little game I like to call "asking for it"

Tiggum posted:

Someone accidentally set their phone to forward their calls to my number today, and so I've been getting phoned all day by idiots who can't understand that phoning the same number twice in a row will get you the same person both times. One particularly persistent idiot's got a private number so I can't even block him. And almost none of them are even polite about it. What makes people think it's OK to respond to "Sorry, I think you have the wrong number" by just hanging up? Or respond to hearing an unexpected voice answer the phone by just hanging up? Are you children? Also, I've lost count of how many conversations today have started:

:) Hello.
:downs: Hello.
:) Yes? Hello?
:downs: Who is this?

You'd think they'd never used a telephone before. You called me, idiot, tell me who you're looking for. And when it turns out that you've called the wrong person, apologise, and then don't immediately call back. Also don't call back an hour later. Or an hour after that. And don't complain to me that your friend's redirected her phone to my number. Believe me, if there were anything I could do about it, I'd have done it.

One of my biggest pet peeves is people who call the wrong number and immediately ask "Who's this????"

You called me! Who are you! Goddamn it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug

outerpeace posted:

One of my biggest pet peeves is people who call the wrong number and immediately ask "Who's this????"

You called me! Who are you! Goddamn it.

I got called on my cell by callcenters all the time and I'd just not respond to them when I picked it up. The awkward silence at the start was always very serene. I'm now just blocking all the numbers, and I'm also thankfull for apps that realise when it's a callcenter so I won't even need to pick it up.